SS OU ALOLAN RAICHU HSTACK - PEAKED #3, 2028 + BONUS TEAMS ft. Gravity, Vanilluxe Hail, Tailwind

Are you excited for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

• Yes!

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • No.

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • Mixed feelings.

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters

INTRODUCTION: (PLEASE READ!)

Hello everyone, it’s Pinkacross. I’m sorry I haven’t been very active lately, I’ve been very busy. It is for that reason that this is only a #3 peak-- I’m very confident that this Alolan Raichu team could peak #1, I simply haven’t had the time to do so. Furthermore, the metagame will be changing soon, maybe by a little, maybe by a lot, but just in case, I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite teams that I haven’t had the chance to RMT. I built these teams, and Storm Zone helped edit them and test with me. I hope in the final weeks of this metagame (and possibly beyond) these creative teams serve you well. Storm Zone and I are ready for the BDSP meta, and we will be putting out some creative and broken squads. I WILL CONTINUE WITH THE OLD RMT FORMAT FOR FUTURE POSTS, with long threads, replays, team building process, etc. I just wanted to get this out as fast as possible so they can be enjoyed before the metagame shift, so this RMT will essentially have the bare minimum requirements. Without further ado, here is my Alolan Raichu Offense (with bonus teams of Gigalith Gravity Groundspam, Vanilluxe Hail, and Tailwind Balance).

THE LINKS TO ALL OF THE TEAMS ALONG WITH SHORT DESCRIPTIONS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD.

PROOF OF PEAK:

THE TEAM:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Discharge

- Roost

Tapu Koko functions as the Electric Terrain setter and Speed control for this team. Tapu Koko is a fantastic pokemon in the metagame right now, being a solid Weavile counter and offensively threatening the majority of the tier. Tapu Koko loves hazard stack, as it helps wear down opposing Ground types, Ferrothorn, Slowking-Galar, and other pokemon that trouble Tapu Koko. Heavy Duty Boots are used on this set since this team has no removal.

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Volt Switch
- Rising Voltage

Raichu-Alola functions as many things for this team-- it is Speed Control occasionally, it is a sweeper, and it can even be a breaker. Depending on the matchup, Alolan Raichu may be a free win, a sack, an early game breaker to set up for something else, or a late game sweeper to be preserved at all costs. Alolan Raichu is a far superior terrain abuser to Regieleki, having incredible coverage with Surf and Psyshock, letting Raichu break Blissey and 2HKO or OHKO all Ground types used in OU. Choice Specs are chosen for added breaking power, since Raichu often doesn’t stay in for very long anyway. Be careful not to fixate on a Rising Voltage sweep-- Psyshock can often be even more devastating in some late game scenarios. The power of Rising Voltage is absurd, however, 2HKOing Blissey in Electric Terrain after just a single Volt Switch.

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp

- U-turn

Victini functions as the Tapu Lele check and primary breaker of the team, having exceptional synergy with Tapu Koko, letting Victini break down bulky waters such as Toxapex and Slowbro in Electric Terrain. This Victini is a standard set, running Heavy Duty boots as this team does not have hazard removal. Will-O-Wisp is a niche option chosen to punish bulky Ground types that often switch into Victini (especially in Electric Terrain) such as Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Landorus. With a combination of Will-O-Wisp, V Create, and Bolt Strike, nothing in the tier is OK with switching into this monster.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Teleport
- Moonblast

- Protect

Clefable serves a vital role on this team-- checking Dragapult and absorbing Knock Off. Since this team has no removal, we have our two most frequently used pokemon (Tapu Koko and Victini) running Heavy Duty Boots. Clefable helps safely Teleport in these pokemon without fear of having their boots removed from the likes of Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and other Clefable. This Clefable set is a monster, being able to wishpass to our non-Leech Seed Ferrothorn, and keep other members of the team healthy. This may be an old set, but it’s still dangerous.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Body Press

- Iron Defense

This Ferrothorn set is rather odd, but it gets its job done well. It is the Spike setter and Bisharp/Weavile/Rain check of the team. The Iron Defense + Body Press set is used to counter Magnezone, a currently popular pokemon. Furthermore, with support from WishPort Clefable, this Ferrothorn can actually function as a sweeper against some teams and in certain late game scenarios. Leftovers are used to help with Ferrothorn’s longevity.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

- U-turn

The classic dog, a creative teambuilder’s best friend. Landorus acts as our Electric immunity, a Stealth Rock setter, a Heatran check (especially with WishPort Clefable support), and a pivot. Note that it is often worth Toxic trading with other Landorus, especially if it is their only Ground type, as it puts the opponent’s team on a timer for when it will lose to Alolan Raichu. In certain matchups, however, (like when facing a Sub + CM Blacephalon) it is important to keep Landorus healthy lest you immediately lose.

IMPORTABLE & OTHER TEAMS:

Alolan Raichu Hazard Stack:
2028, #3, likely could achieve #1
https://pokepast.es/251fef4c0ce14c45

Tailwind Balance: Tested well, performed well in 1900s, could likely peak much higher
https://pokepast.es/d97940dec9212ea6
Uses Specs Tapu Lele + Specs Aegislash to chip defensive teams, with a Tailwind + Eject Button Toxapex tech on Tornadus to sweep late game or devastate offensive teams early game. Warning: While we do fine against Specs Kyurem, Sub Kyurem is a difficult matchup. Making Tapu Lele Timid improves that matchup.

Vanilluxe + Specs Arctozolt Hail: Tested well, performed well in 1900s and 2000s, could likely peak very high
https://pokepast.es/d0ed2ab5cda34d13
The primary core of this team is two Specs Blizzard spammers + Eject Button Toxapex + Mirror Coat Magnezone to trap Heatran, the only pokemon that can consistently wall an onslaught of Blizzards.

Gravity Groundspam: Tested well, performed well in 1900s, could likely peak much higher
https://pokepast.es/3dc5af62c6cfe6d9
This team utilizes Gravity to decimate opponents offensively and swiftly.

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Do you think soft boiled would be preferable to protect on clefable?
Using Soft Boiled means you have to drop Teleport because both moves are incompatible, and I think you rather keep Tp to reliably heal Lando-T, Ferro or Victini.
1636445531519.png

Btw, cool team as always Pinkacross, I wanted to try Koko + Alolan Raichu and I like a lot the team structure. I'm a big fan of the Victini + Koko duo and having Victini to wear down Lando for Raichu is always nice. Will-O-Wisp is also a cool idea cause if Garchomp comes in for free it can be super annoying.
Something I may try is using non Specs Raichu with Nasty Plot over Volt Switch, even though a Specs set may be more efficient (considering you play the prediction game right with Ground types).

Using Soft Boiled means you have to drop Teleport because both moves are incompatible, and I think you rather keep Tp to reliably heal Lando-T, Ferro or Victini.

Btw, cool team as always Pinkacross, I wanted to try Koko + Alolan Raichu and I like a lot the team structure. I'm a big fan of the Victini + Koko duo and having Victini to wear down Lando for Raichu is always nice. Will-O-Wisp is also a cool idea cause if Garchomp comes in for free it can be super annoying.
Something I may try is using non Specs Raichu with Nasty Plot over Volt Switch, even though a Specs set may be more efficient (considering you play the prediction game right with Ground types).
I actually tried a Nasty Plot + Volt Switch set, but I just found myself wishing it was Specs time and time again. You're free to test it out however. I'd recommend using NP Rvoltage Vswitch Surf.

not to speak on the viability of this set, but i do believe you can run moonlight + teleport, giving you a free slot over protect, thought moonlight is strictly worse than soft-boiled on everything other than hypothetically sun.

Lando doesn’t keep rocks down vs. Corviknight…. If you hard Koko the terrain comes down with it.
You can use Landorus + Ferrothorn to get up rocks / spikes on a Corviknight and stall Defog if you really need them for some reason, but if a Corviknight is consistently staying in on Landorus just go Victini / Koko / Alolachu and apply pressure. No team can take this Victini set coming in again and again, so if the opponent wants to bring in Corv on Lando again and again, it's their loss. The counterplay for Defog and Spin is basically playing in a way that punishes clicking those moves, which is very achievable with this team, with Tapu Koko + Victini killing basically every Defogger. There are many ways to prevent removal without having a Ghost type + Defiant user. To be honest though, this team doesn't really rely on Hazard Stack, moreso appreciates it frequently.

not to speak on the viability of this set, but i do believe you can run moonlight + teleport, giving you a free slot over protect, thought moonlight is strictly worse than soft-boiled on everything other than hypothetically sun.
Moonlight is not consistent or really viable. This Clefable set is unchangeable essentially, I can't see any valid argument for move adjustment. You're free to test but Protect is very nice and Wish is consistent.

Moonlight is not consistent or really viable. This Clefable set is unchangeable essentially, I can't see any valid argument for move adjustment. You're free to test but Protect is very nice and Wish is consistent.
yeah forsure, wishport made sense to me given team structure, just was responding to the question about what clef's allowed to run for healing alongside teleport. I was curious if you had any tips for matchup with webs (specifically sash lead)? Know its a niche playstyle but randomly had to play it twice in a row when i was using the team earlier.

Thanks for the post/team regardless, sick and informative as always : )

yeah forsure, wishport made sense to me given team structure, just was responding to the question about what clef's allowed to run for healing alongside teleport. I was curious if you had any tips for matchup with webs (specifically sash lead)? Know its a niche playstyle but randomly had to play it twice in a row when i was using the team earlier.

Thanks for the post/team regardless, sick and informative as always : )
Webs isn't common, but I've crushed the few I've faced with this team. My biggest tip is to Hstack (unless of course, the lead has Taunt / Magic Coat. On Ribombee, you can stack hazards. Landorus and Ferro being paralyzed doesn't really matter. Between Boots Koko, Boots Tini, and Alolachu, Webs don't hurt us very much. Generally speaking, Boots Koko is webs' worst nightmare. When facing leads that DO carry Magic Coat like Slurpuff or Araquanid, I like to lead Victini, click Wisp, then KO next turn. Another option is running Taunt over Roost on Tapu Koko, which can devistate many leads and help vs stall.

Hello Pinkacross, my name is Bob, nice to meet you!

While Bob himself never tried your teams (Bob personally doesn't like to use any team that have imperfect accuracy move, it's his philosophy to use 100% accurate move), Bob wants appreciate that your RMT is entertain to read and helps Bob improves his game.

If Bob may ask, would you kindly explain whats 28 IV speed for on Lando-T? While Bob believes its to U-Turn last while still outspeed certain mon, Bob forgot what the certain mon is lol. It would be useful for anyone who doesnt know it yet including Bob.

Thanks in advance, have a good day!

Hello Pinkacross, my name is Bob, nice to meet you!

While Bob himself never tried your teams (Bob personally doesn't like to use any team that have imperfect accuracy move, it's his philosophy to use 100% accurate move), Bob wants appreciate that your RMT is entertain to read and helps Bob improves his game.

If Bob may ask, would you kindly explain whats 28 IV speed for on Lando-T? While Bob believes its to U-Turn last while still outspeed certain mon, Bob forgot what the certain mon is lol. It would be useful for anyone who doesnt know it yet including Bob.

Thanks in advance, have a good day!
Nice to meet you Bob! It's for getting a slow U-turn on other Landorus-Therian. Why 28 instead of 0? I still want to outspeed Heatran, which the team isn't great against. Landorus is so common that this specific EV spread is worth it.

INTRODUCTION: (PLEASE READ!)

Hello everyone, it’s Pinkacross. I’m sorry I haven’t been very active lately, I’ve been very busy. It is for that reason that this is only a #3 peak-- I’m very confident that this Alolan Raichu team could peak #1, I simply haven’t had the time to do so. Furthermore, the metagame will be changing soon, maybe by a little, maybe by a lot, but just in case, I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorite teams that I haven’t had the chance to RMT. I built these teams, and Storm Zone helped edit them and test with me. I hope in the final weeks of this metagame (and possibly beyond) these creative teams serve you well. Storm Zone and I are ready for the BDSP meta, and we will be putting out some creative and broken squads. I WILL CONTINUE WITH THE OLD RMT FORMAT FOR FUTURE POSTS, with long threads, replays, team building process, etc. I just wanted to get this out as fast as possible so they can be enjoyed before the metagame shift, so this RMT will essentially have the bare minimum requirements. Without further ado, here is my Alolan Raichu Offense (with bonus teams of Gigalith Gravity Groundspam, Vanilluxe Hail, and Tailwind Balance).

THE LINKS TO ALL OF THE TEAMS ALONG WITH SHORT DESCRIPTIONS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD.

PROOF OF PEAK:

THE TEAM:

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dazzling Gleam
- Discharge

- Roost

Tapu Koko functions as the Electric Terrain setter and Speed control for this team. Tapu Koko is a fantastic pokemon in the metagame right now, being a solid Weavile counter and offensively threatening the majority of the tier. Tapu Koko loves hazard stack, as it helps wear down opposing Ground types, Ferrothorn, Slowking-Galar, and other pokemon that trouble Tapu Koko. Heavy Duty Boots are used on this set since this team has no removal.

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Volt Switch
- Rising Voltage

Raichu-Alola functions as many things for this team-- it is Speed Control occasionally, it is a sweeper, and it can even be a breaker. Depending on the matchup, Alolan Raichu may be a free win, a sack, an early game breaker to set up for something else, or a late game sweeper to be preserved at all costs. Alolan Raichu is a far superior terrain abuser to Regieleki, having incredible coverage with Surf and Psyshock, letting Raichu break Blissey and 2HKO or OHKO all Ground types used in OU. Choice Specs are chosen for added breaking power, since Raichu often doesn’t stay in for very long anyway. Be careful not to fixate on a Rising Voltage sweep-- Psyshock can often be even more devastating in some late game scenarios. The power of Rising Voltage is absurd, however, 2HKOing Blissey in Electric Terrain after just a single Volt Switch.

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp

- U-turn

Victini functions as the Tapu Lele check and primary breaker of the team, having exceptional synergy with Tapu Koko, letting Victini break down bulky waters such as Toxapex and Slowbro in Electric Terrain. This Victini is a standard set, running Heavy Duty boots as this team does not have hazard removal. Will-O-Wisp is a niche option chosen to punish bulky Ground types that often switch into Victini (especially in Electric Terrain) such as Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Landorus. With a combination of Will-O-Wisp, V Create, and Bolt Strike, nothing in the tier is OK with switching into this monster.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Wish
- Teleport
- Moonblast

- Protect

Clefable serves a vital role on this team-- checking Dragapult and absorbing Knock Off. Since this team has no removal, we have our two most frequently used pokemon (Tapu Koko and Victini) running Heavy Duty Boots. Clefable helps safely Teleport in these pokemon without fear of having their boots removed from the likes of Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and other Clefable. This Clefable set is a monster, being able to wishpass to our non-Leech Seed Ferrothorn, and keep other members of the team healthy. This may be an old set, but it’s still dangerous.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Body Press

- Iron Defense

This Ferrothorn set is rather odd, but it gets its job done well. It is the Spike setter and Bisharp/Weavile/Rain check of the team. The Iron Defense + Body Press set is used to counter Magnezone, a currently popular pokemon. Furthermore, with support from WishPort Clefable, this Ferrothorn can actually function as a sweeper against some teams and in certain late game scenarios. Leftovers are used to help with Ferrothorn’s longevity.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

- U-turn

The classic dog, a creative teambuilder’s best friend. Landorus acts as our Electric immunity, a Stealth Rock setter, a Heatran check (especially with WishPort Clefable support), and a pivot. Note that it is often worth Toxic trading with other Landorus, especially if it is their only Ground type, as it puts the opponent’s team on a timer for when it will lose to Alolan Raichu. In certain matchups, however, (like when facing a Sub + CM Blacephalon) it is important to keep Landorus healthy lest you immediately lose.

IMPORTABLE & OTHER TEAMS:

Alolan Raichu Hazard Stack:
2028, #3, likely could achieve #1
https://pokepast.es/251fef4c0ce14c45

Tailwind Balance: Tested well, performed well in 1900s, could likely peak much higher
https://pokepast.es/d97940dec9212ea6
Uses Specs Tapu Lele + Specs Aegislash to chip defensive teams, with a Tailwind + Eject Button Toxapex tech on Tornadus to sweep late game or devastate offensive teams early game. Warning: While we do fine against Specs Kyurem, Sub Kyurem is a difficult matchup. Making Tapu Lele Timid improves that matchup.

Vanilluxe + Specs Arctozolt Hail: Tested well, performed well in 1900s and 2000s, could likely peak very high
https://pokepast.es/d0ed2ab5cda34d13
The primary core of this team is two Specs Blizzard spammers + Eject Button Toxapex + Mirror Coat Magnezone to trap Heatran, the only pokemon that can consistently wall an onslaught of Blizzards.

Gravity Groundspam: Tested well, performed well in 1900s, could likely peak much higher
https://pokepast.es/3dc5af62c6cfe6d9
This team utilizes Gravity to decimate opponents offensively and swiftly.
Hi, I'm pretty new to the community and just learning. Tried out this team for my first team and I loved it. But I was wondering how you'd deal with a multiple entry hazard team with volcarona. Personally felt that not having an defog/spin user was too punishing on the team. How would you face a team like that? (iirc they had spikes, stealth rock and toxic spikes . Note that Raichu couldn't switch in to volcarona as they immediately brought in a Blissey that healed more than I could deal and toxic spikes made it annoying for anything to stay on the field. And lando had too much to take care of that he ended up slowly being whittled down though I took down 2 pokes.)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm pretty new to the community and just learning. Tried out this team for my first team and I loved it. But I was wondering how you'd deal with a multiple entry hazard team with volcarona. Personally felt that not having an defog/spin user was too punishing on the team. How would you face a team like that? (iirc they had spikes, stealth rock and toxic spikes . Note that Raichu couldn't switch in to volcarona as they immediately brought in a Blissey that healed more than I could deal and toxic spikes made it annoying for anything to stay on the field. And lando had too much to take care of that he ended up slowly being whittled down though I took down 2 pokes.)
Swap Victini on Volcarona and click V-Create. Beats every set other than some really odd ones. As for no removal being too punishing, just utilize Clerable to prevent Tapu Koko and Victini frim getting their items Knockrd Off and it should be OK. You'll definitely want removal sometimes, but often stacking up your own hazards is better than removal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)