Let's Play! Alpha's Pokémon Storm Silver Nuzlocke Challenge

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Approved by DHR-107.
Thread structure taken from and with the approval of lyd.
storm silver logo.jpg

Hello fellas, Alpha's here! Your favourite italiano boi will attempt a Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokémon Storm Silver. For those who are unaware of what a Nuzlocke is, it's basically a set of rules intended to create a higher level of difficulty while playing a Pokémon game. These rules are self-imposed by the player, but more on them later.

What's Storm Silver? Storm Silver, as the name suggests, it's an hack rom based on Pokémon Soul Silver. There are some differences from it tho: first and foremost, all 493 Pokémon are obtainable. This opens the door to more variegated and broken teams as well as to events thanks to which you can catch legendary Pokémon. Moreover, the difficulty of the game has been increased: trainers will have higher level Pokémon and Gym Leaders will have a full team of 6 when challenging them. Some moves have also been changed, making them more useful. However, the most unique feature of this game is the possibility to obtain Pokémon which normally require a trade to evolve by simply giving them the item that triggers the evolution or a particular Stone.

Without futher ado, here it is the list of the rules I'll apply to this Nuzlocke.

1. The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If there's a static encounter in the area, the player is allowed to capture them despite already capturing a Pokémon in that area. Shiny Pokémon also do not apply to this rule.
2. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
3. The player must nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
4. Starter Pokémon is based on the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.
5. Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon.
6. Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Generally this means that the trainer can keep fighting Pokémon in the area until one is encountered that has not been caught yet, which then immediately counts as the first encounter.
7. Strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless. If I black out at any point of the game, the challenge is over.

Directory
For convenience purposes, I'll list here all the posts I'll make during this challenge. I hope to update this thread periodically, should my schedule allow it of course. With that being said, let's have some fun!

Chapter 1 Chapter 11
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Last edited:

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Time to start our journey. Let's get into it!
storm silver 1.png

The most logical name to give to myself. My irl name is nothing secret but I like Alpha more, so here it is!

storm silver 2.png

About time?! Excuse y-I mean, she's right. I always had a problem with my sleep schedule, so no surprise I woke up at 7.30PM (lol)

storm silver 3.png

Here some juicy stuff already. Yes, you've read correctly. You get the bike as soon as you start your adventure. This will come handy once we progress further in the region.

storm silver 4.png

Let's take a quick look to our Card. This is the moment where you know what starter will be your partner. Please be either Cyndaquil or Totodile, please be either Cyndaquil or Totodile, please be either Cynda-fuck. The last number is 2, which means, according to rule 4, my starter will be Chikorita. I mean, it's cute but that's it.

storm silver 5.png

There we go. Named it Hibiscus, from the look of the flowers on Meganium's body. Hopefully, one day, he'll become a Meganium too. Brave nature. I mean, could have been worse. +Atk -Spe. You better be brave, my friend.

storm silver 6.png

Pokégear at hand, let's go to Route 30. Oh... a Bidoof! Yes fellas. As stated before, in this game you'll have access to all 493 Pokémon, so all regions Pokémon will be here! Funny how my very first encounter is a Bidoof. Is this a good sign?

storm silver 7.png

I missed this old man. Childhood hitting like a damn truck. In this hack, this old man will give you the Old Rod immediately after you complete the panoramic walk (?) of the city with him. Very useful item for an early encounter in the sea nearby the city.

storm silver 8.png

Ok, finally reached Mr. Pokémon hous-WAIT WHAT? Cynthia? Isn't that too soon to Garchomp the shit out of me? Give me at least a chance ;_;

storm silver 9.png

Uh oh... well, we all know what that Eevee will become. Named it Solis, from the Latin declension of Sol - Solis (Sole - Sun).

storm silver 10.png

Serious nature. Could have been worse. No increases or drops in any stats.
He qt tho

storm silver 11.png

We receive the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokémon and... drama already? /me sips tea
Alright, let's get back to Laboratory.

storm silver 12.png

Hands down the best rival. Sick battle theme too. I love him.

storm silver 13.png

Who made this idiot a policeman?

storm silver 14.png

Named him Aether. Yup, took the name from Aethernum, my fellow Italian man. You wish you'd be cool as Silver, noob. After giving his nominative, a quick talk with my mom to let her know her 10-years old son is going to leave the home for only God knows how much time to become the Champion, while also dealing the Mafia (yes, team Rocket I'm watching you) and other shit out there.

storm silver 15.png

We're ready. Our journey can officially start.

Hibiscus (Chikorita) (M)
Ability: Overgrowth
Level: 8
Brave Nature
-Tackle
-Growl
-Razor Leaf

Solis (Eevee) (M)
Ability: Run Away
Level: 5
Serious Nature
-Tail Whip
-Tackle
-Helping Hand
-Sand-Attack

-Chikorita - New Bark Town (given by Prof. Elm)
-Eevee - Route 30 (given by Cynthia)

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 2: Rise Up

We saved our adventure in New Bark Town after giving Prof. Elm the news about the Mistery Egg. It's now time to progress and go to Violet City to challenge the first Gym Leader!

storm silver 16.png

As stated in the rules, the challenge officially begins once the Trainer receives his first Pokéballs, and our first encounter is... a Bidoof. Good, we will immediately toss it in the box as soon as we enter Cherrygrove City. But first, let's take a look to Route 46.

storm silver 17.png

Cute one. I won't add it to my team as x4 weakness to Water-type is not something I want during a Nuzlocke. However, if I'll be desperate progressing the challenge I can consider adding it to the team. Named it Hephaestus, (Greek) God of fire and vulcanos. Pretty fitting right? Lemme steal real quick his Rawst Berry before tossing it in the PC alongside Bidoof.

storm silver 18.png

Once we arrive in Cherrigrove City, we can immediately fish in the sea nearby the city. Caught a male Corphish and named it Sebastian. I'm sure there will be better Water-types, so for now I'll put it in the box. Progressing North to the city, we enter Route 30 and our first encounter is... a Weedle. Yup. Goodbye Twineedle, you will not be missed.
Now this is a great spot to fish; not because of the variaty of Pokémon you can encounter, but because I can finally train my Chikorita and gain good experience.

storm silver 19.png

HIM. RATTATA. JOEY AND RATTATA. Do I have to add anything else? Iconic.

storm silver 20.png

Oh look who's here! S(p)hinx will be extremely useful in Violet City, so he is now an official member of my team. Welcome to the squad :]

storm silver 21.png

Well, it wouldn't be Pokémon if you don't encounter a Zubat in the cave. It's actually not bad. Jolly nature is very good for it and it has already access to Wing Attack. I'll consider a potential slot for it on my team. Named it Nightwing because yknow it's a bat and bats are active during night and they have wings and OK you wanted me to name it Batman?! Fuck it.

storm silver 22.png

Reached Violet city with 0 problems. Trainers weren't difficult at all (I'm sure I'll regret these words...) so it's time to take a look to the city!

storm silver 23.png

YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU. Early Exp. Share is always a good thing; it's not as broken as in games like XY and ORAS but hey, we take it.

storm silver 24.png

Time to flex those muscles and break some rocks, but we'll have to defeat the Gym Leader before. I'll go to Ruin of Alph(a) later, there's no need right now.

storm silver 25.png

Well well, look who wants to join the team. Steven the Staryu is now a member of the squad. Good Water-types with access to Recover and a Timid nature. Do I really have to say anything else? MINE. Ah yeah, this was Violet City encounter. You can fish in a small lake before entering the Sprout Tower.

storm silver 26.png

HE IS BACK! My lovely Flux is the encounter for Route 32, the route South of Violet City. As I've already S(p)hinx in the team, I'll deposit it in the box. He'll be a great addition in case anything bad happens to Shinx. BZZ BZZ

storm silver 27.png

Time to enter the Sprout Tower. Because Shinx is level 7 and Chikorita is... well, Chikorita, I'll be using Eevee to defeat the trainers inside.

storm silver 30.png

Honestly? A cakewalk. All the trainers have access to Pokémon that are not necessarly Bellsprout or Hoothoot, like Cherubi, Exeggcute, and some of them are also "high level" (12; 13), but nothing hard to deal with. Eevee puts some work and by using Tackle it destroys them. Oh, also forgot to mention, Eevee has Bite, so we have another strong move.
Defeated the Sage and WAIT WHAT? AM I GOING CRAZY?

storm silver 32.png

Yup. Eevee, my favourite (shh don't tell Hibiscus), you'll soon evolve.
Ah, oddly enough, I managed to encounter...NOTHING. I COULDN'T FIND ANY WILD POKEMON IN THIS TOWER. However, this is not necessarly a bad thing. We'll come back later and catch, with a bit of luck, a Gastly. Let's use an Escape Rope and get out of there. This place doesn't look safe.

storm silver 33.png

Ok can we all please appreciate the cuteness of Shinx's sprite? Protecc him at all cost :heart:

storm silver 34.png

Without further ado, let's go the Gym. I took the chance to level up a bit Shinx, so it finally has Spark. I hope this Gym won't reveal any surprise.

storm silver 35.png

You, dear Sphinx, look fucking sickening. Shinx line is honestly amazing, I like the concept of lynx + sphinx + x-ray... I wish they made it Dark-typ-

storm silver 37.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

storm silver 36.png

With our Luxio, Falkner was super easy. I was definitely overleveled, so before the next Gym I'll try to hold off on that.

storm silver 38.png

We stan Gastly. Immediately added it on my team. So far so good, I'm being very lucky with encounters. King Boo will hit like a truck once it evolves in Gengar... I just need to understand what kind of item / stone it needs.
Now that we have some good members on our team, we can finally proceed to Route 32 and reach Azalea Town, but more on that in the next Chapter :blobwizard:

Hibiscus (Chikorita) (M)
Level: 15
Brave Nature
-Tackle
-Synthesis
-Razor Leaf
-Poison Powder

Solis (Eevee) (M)
Level: 19
Serious Nature
-Tail Whip
-Tackle
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Sphinx (Luxio) (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Leer
-Night Slash

Steven (Staryu)
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 13
Timid Nature
-Harden
-Water Gun
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

King Boo (Gastly) (M)
Ability: Levitate
Level: 9
Calm Nature
-Lick
-Night Shade
-Spite
-Mean Look

-Bidoof - Route 29
-Numel - Route 46
-Corphish - Cherrygrove City
-Weedle - Route 30
-Shinx - Route 31
-Zubat - Dark Cave
-Staryu - Violet City
-Magnemite - Route 32
-Gastly - Sprout Tower

Last edited:

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 3: King of Afterlife

As said in the previous chapter, it's now time to go to Route 32 and reach Azalea Town, where we can challenge Bugsy, the Bug-type Gym Leader. Let's go!
storm silver 39.png

Oh yes, forgot to mention. Once you beat Falkner, Prof. Elm calls you to tell you his assistant is waiting for you on Poké Market.
He will give you an Egg! I wonder what Pokémon will hatch :blobglare:

storm silver 40.png

Genuine surprise here, I forgot in Gen 4 remakes you meet each of the Kimono Girls.

storm silver 41.png

Before taking Route 32, let's take a look to Ruins of Alph(a) (yes I'll never be tired of making this joke ok?)
I've always loved the mysterious atmosphere that surrounds this place. GF did an amazing job here.
Here I also caught a Magikarp fishing in the water nearby the ruins. Nothing exceptional but yknow, can always become a Gyarados so whynot. Named it Inkanyamba, the name of a legendary serpent said to be living in a waterfall lake area in the northern forests near Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.

storm silver 54.png

Anyway, let's back to the Ruins.

storm silver 42.png

Shame they made it easier, it was funnier in GSC where you had to make it from scratch. But oh well, let's complete this!

storm silver 43.png

Bop, we're surrounded.

storm silver 44.png

They buffed Unown too! Watch out for Secret Power, they carry it now.

storm silver 45.png

AYE, my starter Hibiscus evolved into Bayleef. Very qt Pokémon. I actually prefer it over Meganium design-wise. Oh also, it learned Nature Power after evolving, and I replaced Tackle with it, it's very useful if it's used in "groundy" places as it transforms into Earthquake.

storm silver 46.png

Yes please, thank you. Immediately gave it to Hibiscus.

storm silver 47.png

Going South, we reach the Pokémon Center before Union Cave. Here a Fisherman gives you the Old Rod, but in this game he will give you the TM for Water Pulse! Not bad, I'll give it to Staryu. Water Gun is meh so having a stronger Water STAB will benefit it.

storm silver 55.png

Petra the Geodude was our encounter for Union Cave. Nothing special tbh; regarding Union Cave, it was very easy with Staryu. Steven Water Pulsed all the wild Pokémon and defeated with 0 problems the trainers.

storm silver 56.png

Route 33: KERORO! It has an interesting type and it's also Adamant, so not bad at all! It will be a nice addition to the team should we need it!

storm silver 48.png

Azalea! Let's take a look real quick to the Town. First and foremost, Pokémon Center!

storm silver 49.png

Oh wow, okay sure. I'll take it. Sphinx is a physical attacker but you never say no to new TMs.

storm silver 50.png

Kurt, you're not young. Stop, let me do the job please.

storm silver 51.png

Our first battle with Team Rocket. They buffed Grunts too, so expect them to have higher level Pokémon. Nothing tough to, they're still idiots.

storm silver 57.png

Our encounter for Slowpoke Well is a Slow-Snorunt. It's a Snorunt. Welp, named it Yukinko. Sad they placed a King Rock in here. I could have gotten a Slowking.

storm silver 53.png

Look: on point
Music: perfect
Wig: snatched
Anyway, Proton is the first Team Rocket Executive we have to defeat. Again, nothing impossible. Let's free those poor Slowpokes and face the Gym Leader!

storm silver 58.png

This is too quiet... nah, maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just getting into my head. Let's go inside.

storm silver 59.png

UIHISDJISEOKJHIDSGòSJH STEVEEEEEN. 7 HPs. It's not your time yet buddy, hang on!

Pokémon here are tough guys. I expect Bugsy to be even stronger so let's take a quick break and level up our Pokémon. King Boo is the only one able to resist Bug-types; Hibiscus is a big no in this Gym, Sphinx is part Dark-type and Steven.. well almost died so yeah, we need to train.

storm silver 61.png

AYY, you're super cute. I hope it will have a good nature and the right ability too.

storm silver 62.png

Named it Nebula, simple name for a simple Pokémon. Timid Nature, very good. Regarding the ability, it has Serene Grace! Couldn't have asked for something better. In HGSS Togepi has also access to Extransensory as Egg move, so it can do some damage to level up. Wait... Slowpoke Well. Fuck. We got Snorunt there.
There isn't any official rule regarding Eggs in Nuzlocke; however, after some talks in Smogon Discord we've agreed on counting the Eggs as "static" encounter. So yeah, Nebula is our last official team member!

storm silver 60.png

Time to face Bugsy. I leveled up Gastly and Luxio. Gastly resists Bug-type moves and Luxio has Intimidate, so they'll have to carry the whole team through this fight.
Bugsy's Butterfree and Pinsir weren't an issue at all. Luxio was able to OHKO Butterfree with Spark and Gastly handled Pinsir with Omnious Wind. I tried to hit it with Confuse Ray, but Pinsir never it itself in the confusion. Watch out for Fury Cutter, this move can be very problematic. Looks like things are going amaz-

rip King Boo.png

... 1 minute of silence for King Boo, our hero during this fight. Heracross snapped out of its confusion immediately and I was able to hit it only once with Omnious Wind. I'm so sad right now.

I then sent out Sphinx to Intimidate Heracross and finish it off with Spark. Bugsy then sends out Beedrill and Yanma. 0 problems. Spark OHKOs both. And now, Bugsy's ace: Scyther.

storm silver 61.1.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
U-turn did a lot of damage due to Sphinx being Dark-type in this game. THANKFULLY, I para'd it with Spark, so I'm now faster.
I KNOW for sure this thing carries Quick Attack, so I'll heal before KOing it with another Spark.

storm silver 63.png

sigh. I don't want your money, gimme back King Boo you monster.

storm silver 64.png

Our second Badge is finally ours! But at what cost....

storm silver 65.png

King Boo, you will never be missed. Thanks for the hard work buddy, you were amazing.

Hibiscus (Bayleef) (M)
Level: 22
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Magical Leaf
-Reflect

Sphinx (Luxio) (M)
Level: 26
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Leer
-Night Slash

Steven (Staryu)
Level: 20
Timid Nature
-Water Pulse
-Water Gun
-Psybeam
-Recover

Solis (Eevee) (M)
Serious Nature
-Tail Whip
-Tackle
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Nebula (Togepi) (M)
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 1
Timid Nature
-Growl
-Charm
-Metronome
-Extrasensory

-Magikarp - Ruins of Alph
-Geodude - Union Cave
-Croagunk - Route 33
-Snorunt - Slowpoke Well
-Togepi - Slowpoke Well (Egg; static)

Alpha

Banned deucer.
"You will never be missed"
Ouch.
This is cool, I've played another Drayano special in the Black/White 2 hacks which were fun.
Keep up the good work!
Oh fuck, the never part was not supposed to be there ahah. I usually rewrite stuff after reading them if I don't like them and I probably forgot the "never" there. Gastly will be missed a lot ;;
(I'll leave the post unedited, that is funny)

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 4: Love is in the Air

Welcome back! We left our adventure with a terrible loss (King Boo, you WILL BE missed)...
Let's continue before I start crying again over it.
storm silver 67.png

So yeah, I completely forgot I could have evolved Solis. The worst part? It learned Power Gem. Power GEM, a special Rock-type move that I could have used against Bugsy. Fuck my life.
Anyway, we have an Espeon now, my favourite Pokémon :]

storm silver 68.png

AY, Nebula evolved too! Giving it the Soothe Bell and Extrasensory as an offensive move helped a lot here. Togetic may be underwhelming, but it has okay defenses and can hax with Tri Attack + Serene Grace. Took the chance to also level up my team till level 25. I don't want to lose another Pokémon this early in the game.

storm silver 69.png

Look who's here. Aether again.

storm silver 70.png

Let's see what this man has on his arsenal.

storm silver 71.png

Welp, bye Hibiscus, this is a terrible matchup. Switched it for Sphinx and one Spark was more than enough to OHKO Murkrow. On to the next one:

storm silver 72.png

Water Pulse, gone.

storm silver 73.png

KING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Extransensory is a clean OHKO.

storm silver 74.png

Do I have to say anything here?

storm silver 75.png

Let's continue and enter Ilex Forest. Here we'll have to catch some Farfetch'd to get the HM for Cut and progress.

storm silver 76.png

During the mission, I caught an Exeggcute. Named it EGGSNBACON!

storm silver 77.png

storm silver 78.png

We got Cut and Headbutt too from this man. Gave Cut to Peanut the Bidoof since I don't want to waste a slot for it and Headbutt to Sphinx.

storm silver 80.png

On Route 34, we catch an Electrike! It's not bad, can be a replacement if anything bad happens to Sphinx. We also have Flux the Magnemite that can take its spot, but we'll see what our team will look like should we need to replace it.

storm silver 79.png

Goldernrod City! Let's take a look to the city as usual before challenging Whitney.

storm silver 81.png

Oh okay, I'll take it.

storm silver 82.png

Well THANK YOU

storm silver 83.png

LMAO, Explorer of Sky realness
I hate this Game Corner so I won't spend any second here. I preferred slot machines like in GSC

storm silver 84.png

Okay, I wasn't expecting this. "Friendly battle" my ass. She sends out Nidorina as her first Pokémon which carries BLIZZARD. Calm down Lyra.
Her next Pokémon was a Marill, which also carries Blizzard. The following one was Ninetales, nothing too hard to beat with Steven. Final Pokémon is Roselia, which is easily handled by Nebula's Extrasensory. God this move is a bless. We clear the trainer in the Tunnel and we head to the Bike Shop, where...

storm silver 86.png

LOL, okay. I'll take care of those later, I don't need fossil Pokémon now.

storm silver 87.png

Now, Whitney turn. Cleared the Gym pretty easily, no major issues here.

storm silver 88.png

I was honestly scared by this fight but guys, it was a cakewalk. Togetic haxed her through all the match with Tri Attack and his good defenses really helped in the process. The only problem was, as usual, her fucking Miltank, but we managed to freeze it with Tri Attack and after that, all her other Pokémon were easy to defeat. The only annoying part is that all her Pokémon carry Attract, and my team is full of male Pokémon aside of Steven the Staryu. Watch out for that.
We're done, right?

storm silver 89.png

WELL NO. I've been informed (thank you Stellar) these clowns give you starter Pokémon if you answer correctly to their questions. You can obtain Kanto starters in Violet City, so let's go back there and claim Charmander!

storm silver 90.png

Meet Supernova. I could add him to the team, but I have in mind a stronger Fire-type to be our last team member.

storm silver 91.png

In Azalea Town, we can choose our Hoenn starter. Opted for Mudkip and named it Marshall. Swampert is super strong and will most likely replace Steven if anything bad happens.
Let's go back to Goldenrod City now to claim our last starter. This time, we'll have to choose a Sinnoh starter. After answering to the clown's questions, I decided to pick Chimchar, but I didn't have any name in mind. Therefore, I asked in Discord and....

storm silver 94.png

storm silver 92.png

Meet FIRE BUTT. Blitzamirin you're responsible of this.

storm silver 93.png

And with this, I think we can end our Chapter here.

Hibiscus (Bayleef) (M)
Level: 30
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Magical Leaf
-Reflect

Sphinx (Luxio) (M)
Level: 28
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Steven (Staryu)
Level: 25
Timid Nature
-Water Pulse
-Swift
-Psybeam
-Recover

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 25
Serious Nature
-Tail Whip
-Power Gem
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Nebula (Togetic) (M)
Level: 29
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Yawn
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

FIRE BUTT (Chimchar) (M)
Ability: Iron Fist
Level: 20
Mild Nature
-Ember
-Taunt
-Fury Swipes
-Flame Wheel

-Charmander - Violet City (Clown; static)
-Mudkip - Azalea Town (Clown; static)
-Exeggcute - Ilex Forest
-Electrike - Route 34
-Chimchar - Goldenrod City (Clown; static)

Last edited:

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 5: Pit of Souls
Hey there! It's once again time to progress in our adventure. Next destination: Ecruteak City!
storm silver 95.png

I took the chance to train my Pokémon a little bit more. First and foremost, FIRE BUTT. It was already at level 20 so it took only 1 level to evolve it!

storm silver 96.png

We have a Monferno! Can't wait for it to become an Infernape. Having a Fire-type is super nice btw, it offers great coverage for my team. I trained Chimchar in Ilex Forest: it's full of Bug- and Grass-types. You'll likely encounter Shroomish, Budew, and Wurmple so it's kind of annoying training it considering the low experience they give. However, you can also encounter Dustox and Roselia, which are great for fast experience. I took the chance to level the rest of my Pokémon to level 27 (Togetic was level 29, Luxio level 28 and Bayleef level 30).

storm silver 97.png

Finally. FINALLY a good STAB for Solis. And Confusion? Well, I'm dumb and I didn't remember Espeon gets it at level 15; I should have evolved Eevee earlier. Anyway, we can finally use our Special Attack to break through Trainers.

storm silver 98.png

Glameow was my encounter for Route 35; named it Doja (Doja Cat we stan ya). Eh, could have been better. Not that I need a Normal-type in my team tbh, but a future Purugly is fast and hits relatively hard.

storm silver 99.png

May God bless Pokeathlon. I love it; I have yet to participate in this run and see if I can get the Stone for Togetic; I'll probably do that in the next episode.

storm silver 100.png

Hlelo Sunkern

storm silver 101.png

Since this is a static encounter, we can catch it, right? Well no, I critted it and died. Rip Sudowoodo.

storm silver 102.png

The moment we were all waiting for. Finally Sphinx, at level 30, evolves!

storm silver 103.png

Luxray is objectively a cool looking Pokémon; point blank period. I'm so glad they added the Dark-type to S(p)hinx evolutionary line, it fits so well. Ah yes, my plan is to use Luxray against Morty's ghosts (let's hope for no Focus Blast or some shit like that)

storm silver 104.png

bop, thanks. All yours Luxray!

storm silver 105.png

One of my favourite city in all the region. The atmosphere, the buildings, all his ancient history. Simply perfect.

storm silver 106.png

Ah was about to forget, our encounter for Route 37 was a Vulpix. Named it Kurama (obvious name is obvious)

storm silver 107.png

Hi Fantina, yes I'll take Will-o-Wisp (:blobsweat:); none of my Pokémon can learn it but it's always good to have a move like that.

storm silver 108.png

Once again, we have to talk / save with a Kimono Girl; this time, a Team Rocket Grunt is... dancing?

storm silver 109.png

Yeah, easy. As a reward, we'll get Surf (Steven that's for you!)

storm silver 110.png

Into the Burned Tower!
That Raticate tho.

storm silver 111.png

We meet Eusine, who's obsessed with Suicune and is looking to find it. Should we tell him that Suicune is literally under his feet? Nah?
Oh yeah there's Morty too, but we'll deal with him later.

storm silver 112.png

Time to fight Aether again. This time, a Horsea joined his team. He was no challenge.

storm silver 113.png

Who could have ever imagined Hibiscus would have lasted so long!!
Jokes aside, I'm happy our starter is evolving. Time to rise and shine!

storm silver 114.png

HIBISCUS! It also learned Petal Dance and Earth Power too (lol broken). We have some good coverage, finally. Nature Power was too occasional so a reliable move in Earth Power is always nice.

storm silver 115.png

Raikou: stunning
Suicune: stunning
Entei: stunn-EH. I mean, it's very cool but no on the level of the other two imo. Always been my least favourite of the trio.
Let's active their event, then move to the Gym to face Morty, the master of Ghost-types!

storm silver 116.png

As said before, my plan was to use Luxray to sweep his team.

storm silver 117.png

First Pokémon: Duskull. Night Slash takes care of it for a OHKO.

storm silver 118.png

This is where I got scared. He immediately sends out his ace, Gengar. It is faster and I was expecting a Focus Blast; thankfully, it went for Giga Drain for minimum damage on Sphinx.

storm silver 119.png

Gone.

storm silver 120.png

Nice try.

storm silver 121.png

yeah sure

storm silver 122.png

Maybe another day k?

storm silver 123.png

:ghost:. We get our 4th badge, a very cool looking one too! Morty also gives out Shadow Ball. Great move; might teach it to Solis for coverage; I'm tired of Bite.

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Level: 32
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 33
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Steven (Staryu)
Timid Nature
-Surf
-Bubble Beam
-Psybeam
-Recover

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Serious Nature
-Psybeam
-Power Gem
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Nebula (Togetic) (M)
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Yawn
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

FIRE BUTT (Monferno) (M)
Mild Nature
-Ember
-Taunt
-Feint
-Flame Wheel

-Glameow - Route 35
-Vulpix - Route 37

Bonus track on the title. Click it :3​

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 6: A Sky Full of Stars
o/ Last time we easily defeated Morty. Time to progress now. Next destination: Olivine City!

storm silver 124.png

Now that we access to Surf, we can do some backtracking to level up our Pokémon and collect some items. First and foremost, it's time to defeat these 3 sisters. They all use Water-types; the first two will challenge you in a double battle, while the older sister will fight on her own. Hibiscus and Sphinx easily take care of them.

storm silver 125.png

Back to the Ilex Forest: this Bugcatcher will give you X-Scissor. Good move, might become useful later in the game.

storm silver 126.png

By the time I was playing, it was Friday. This means Lapras is available as a static encounter in Union Cave. We approach it and...

storm silver 127.png

Gotcha. Named this (female) Lapras "Lete", name of the River of Oblivion in Greek and Roman mythology. Her nature is terrible: Jolly.+Spe - SpA. Welp, at least we have the Ice type, it will be useful against Clair or Lance.

storm silver 128.png

Yup, it was a Psybeam crit.
RIP Steven, you were amazing.
Do you wanna know the fun part too? Immediately after Steven died, I found the TM for Psychic. I swear this game is suibhasjiwbhiohibskdjh

storm silver 129.1.png

We had no other choice. Lapras officially joins the team. We have to level it up tho.

storm silver 129.png

sigh. 2 great comrades left this world already.

storm silver 129.2.png

I decided to head to Pokeathlon to check what Stones were available. I was looking for a Shiny Stone, so I could have evolved Nebula in Togekiss. Well, we'll try again tomorrow.

storm silver 130.png

Let's proceed, shall we? As soon as we try to enter Route 38, here's Steven (this game I swear); fortunately, he will just give us the Iron Plate.

storm silver 130.1.png

Our encounter for Route 38 is a Mankey. Name was obvious: Averardo (love u bro)

storm silver 131.png

After clearing the trainers in that route, we meet Baoba. We register his number and proceed.

storm silver 132.png

HE NEEDS SOME MILK

storm silver 132.1.png

Our encounter for Route 39 is instead a Farfetch'd! Named it DUCK; oh also, it's a Fighting-type in this game, and carries already Swords Dance + Close Combat. Watch out for that.

storm silver 133.png

We reach Olivine City with no major issue.

storm silver 134.png

A quick exploration of the city. Time to finally grab the update version of our Old Rod. Speaking with this Fisherman, he'll give you the Good Old, which I will use to catch the encounter for Olivine City.

storm silver 134.1.png

bop, meet Apollo. Named it Apollo because Lanturn, its evolution, resambles (shape-wise) a Dolphin, the animal associated with the deity Apollo.

storm silver 135.png

Hi Volkner. Is this man obsessed with Lighthouses or what?
Oh btw, make sure to Surf next to the Lighthouse. You can grab the TM for Thunderbolt!
Time to clear real quick the Lighthouse.

storm silver 136.png

Man trainers were strong ngl; 30-32 as level cap, so watch out!
We reach Jasmine and Amphy. Amphy is very ill, so Jasmine asks us to grab the medicine in Cianwood City.

storm silver 136.1.png

Before proceeding tho, I wanted to train a bit FIRE BUTT. He will be useless in the "water" Routes, so better making some levels here.
We fight some Magnemite, some Miltank some Raik-wait what, hi Raikou.
As always, it immediately flees.

storm silver 138.png

From this point on, it will day. I went to sleep before continuing. We return real quick to Pokeathlon and... yes! Shiny Stone is available. Let's rank 3000 points to get it now.

storm silver 139.png

bop. Finally ;__;

storm silver 140.png

Just wait I get some Heart Scales and you, my friend, will be a fucking monster.
As said before btw, it's time to reach Cianwood City.

storm silver 140.1.png

On Route 40, we catch a Tentacool. Named it Aquavirius (same name of my Jellicent in BW2 run)

storm silver 140.2.png

On Route 41 we're instead blessed by a Wingull.
Female.
Yup, you're PEEKO.

storm silver 141.png

Route 40 and 41 were no problem at all! Meganium + Luxray made a good combo for all these Water-type Pokémon. Here, before we can get the medicine, we'll have to defeat Chuck, the Fighting-type Gym Leader.
My plan is to set up a Calm Mind with Solis and sweep the rest of his team with Psychic (that we've found earlier)

storm silver 142.png

Let's go real quick to Pokémon Center. Here we'll get a nice and juicy Choice Band. We'll take it, thank you.

storm silver 143.png

Let's teach Calm Mind to Solis before entering the Gym.

storm silver 144.png

Here we go. Time to defeat all the trainers, then Chuck.

storm silver 145.png

As said before, my main plan was to set up w/ Calm Mind and sweep; let's see how it goes

storm silver 147.png

Step 1: check

storm silver 148.png

Primeape hurts us a bit with Rock Slide. We have a Shell Bell as held item, so every time we hit the opposing Pokémon, we'll gain some health back.

storm silver 149.png

I love this animation.
Bop, Primeape gone.

storm silver 150.png

Cya Breloom.

storm silver 151.png

Hitmonwho?

storm silver 152.png

Politoed is better anyway

storm silver 153.png

Yeah sure

storm silver 154.png

Nice try.

storm silver 155.png

This is for you, Staryu ;_;

storm silver 156.png

As soon as we leave the Gym, Chuck's wife gives us the HM for Fly. We'll teach it to Nebula next episode :]

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Level: 39
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 37
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 35
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Level: 39
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Level: 36
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Ancient Power
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

FIRE BUTT (Infernape) (M)
Level: 36
Mild Nature
-Ember
-Taunt
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Lapras - Union Cave (static)
-Mankey - Route 38
-Farfetch'd - Route 39
-Chinchou - Olivine City
-Tentacool - Route 40
-Wingull - Route 41

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 7: IRON
With Fly, we can finally move across the region with more ease. We have to go back to Olivine City now, Amphy needs the medicine.

storm silver 157.png

First and foremost, let's trigger Suicune event once again.

storm silver 158.png

Here we'll have to fight against Eusine, so let's get into it!

storm silver 159.png

Hypno is out first. I go with a Calm Mind, while my opponent tries to set up with Nasty Plot. A Shadow Ball next is enough to OHKO Hypno

storm silver 160.png

Next is Rotom; Shadow Ball is a OHKO.

storm silver 161.png

Psychic easily takes care of Electrode too.

storm silver 162.png

Final member is Jumpluff: Power Gem ensures us the victory.

storm silver 163.png

Now, let's grab real quick the medicine and Fly back to Olivine City.

storm silver 164.png

After some Palu Palu, Amphy feels better and Jasmine returns to the Gym. This means we can fight her!

storm silver 165.png

Well yes but actually no. Baoba calls us asking for help: Team Rocket has stormed the Safari Zone.
Do we have another choice?... Let's Fly back to Cianwood City and proceed to Safari Zone through Route 47.

storm silver 166.png

We're immediately attacked by a Grunt. Nice start.

storm silver 167.png

Uh oh!
In this game, we'll have the chance to fight with all Stats Trainers. First, Mira! She specializes in Pokémon with high Special Attack.

storm silver 168.png

She sends out Porygon2 (in DPPt she will have a Porygon-Z). We easily take care of these Grunts (I had to switch Infernape fearing a Ground- + Psychic-type move combo)

storm silver 170.png

Next, Buck! He specializes in Pokémon with high Defense and Special Defense.

storm silver 171.png

His Umbreon will spam Double Team for all the fight and, once it reaches +6 Evasion, it will start attack with Dark Pulse. Watch out for it, you'll basically be left alone for 6 turns.

storm silver 173.png

Executives already, ugh...

storm silver 173.1.png

Before facing Petrel, meet our encounter for Cliff Cave, Golbat!

storm silver 173.2.png

And also this qt Seal for Route 47.

storm silver 174.png

Petrel is the first one; he was no challenge.

storm silver 175.png

Let's continue: Cheryl is the next Trainer we meet. She specializes in Pokémon with high HPs.

storm silver 176.png

Her Pokémon for this battle is a Drifblim. These Grunts we are also easy, so let's proceed.

storm silver 177.png

Marley! Probably the best Stats Trainer.
She specializes in Pokémon with high Speed. I forgot to take a screen here, but she has used Ninjask. Speed Boost + Swords Dance rocks.

storm silver 179.png

Another one...

storm silver 180.png

No issue at all.

storm silver 182.png

Passing through Route 48, we reach the Safari Zone. Unfortunately, we weren't able to catch our encounter for that route. It was a Gloom, but it got critted so rip. Anyway, it's too quiet in here tho...

storm silver 183.png

Welp, let's go to the Pokémon Center to cure our Pokémon.

storm silver 184.png

BAMBOOZLED!

storm silver 185.png

Team Rocket again, and this time we'll have to fight against Archer.

storm silver 186.png

Something... or better someone was missing. RILEY! He specializes in Pokémon with high Attack.

storm silver 187.png

Once we are outside, our fight can start.

storm silver 189.png

You see that Zangoose? Well, it has Close Combat. Now make a wild guess and tell me what Pokémon Riley has.
Absol, which is weak to Close Combat (and gets a OHKO)
Lucario, also weak to Close Combat (and gets a OHKO)
Ursaring, ALSO weak to Close Combat (2HKO)

So yeah, watch out. You will have to do all the job here.

storm silver 190.png

Once Team Rocket is defeated (for now), we can finally challenge Jasmine. FIRE BUTT will be amazing in this Gym.

storm silver 191.png

Let's go!

storm silver 192.png

First is Metang. I attack it with Flame Wheel but its high Defense lets it survive to answer with Earthquake.

storm silver 193.png

Next is Skarmory, which Sphinx can easily take care of. Two Sparks and it's down.

storm silver 194.png

I used Ember for this. Yup, it went down.

storm silver 195.png

I'm pretty sure this Bronzong has Heatproof instead of Levitate; Flame Wheel did so little. In the following turn, it also sets the rain up, so yeah FIRE BUTT is useless now. I switch to Lapras and proceed to eliminate Bronzong with a couple of Surf boosted by the rain.

storm silver 196.png

Next is Magneton, but thankfully we have Earth Power on Hibiscus, which is a OHKO.

storm silver 197.png

Her ace, Steelix. We take advantage from the rain she has set up earlier and with no issue we OHKO Steelix.

storm silver 198.png

6th Badge ours!

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Level: 42
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 40
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

Level: 41
Mild Nature
-Ember
-Taunt
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Golbat - Cliff Cave
-Seal - Route 47

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 8: Break the Ice
We left our adventure last time in Olivine City, after beating Jasmine. We've also cleared Route 47 and 48 from Team Rocket, but they won't give up that easily.

storm silver 199.png

What was once closed, it's now open! We can progress trough Route 42 and explore Mt. Mortar. Before we enter the cave tho, this NPC will give ya the HM for Strenght (finally). In this game, Strenght is a Rock-type move, which is very strong and good for coverage. I gave it to Infernape.

storm silver 200.png

The little Mahogany Town! Let's explore it real quick as usual.

storm silver 201.png

Went to Pokémon Center to restore the health of my Pokémon, but unfortunately the Gym is locked. We have to do the Lake of Rage event before.

storm silver 202.png

Oh well, thank you! I actually kept this egg in the team, but it takes too much to hatch. For now, I'll deposit it in the Box. Should I need a Riolu, I'll just hatch it with some patience.

storm silver 203.png

Back in Gen2, GF did an amazing job with shiny. Great way to introduce them to the player.

storm silver 204.png

Bop, got it. Lead with Sphinx to drop its Attack with Intimidate, just to be safe. It's level 40 and I named it RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

storm silver 204.1.png

Ah yeah, I was almost forgetting it. Before going to Lake of Rage, I've caught a Poliwag in Ecruteak City with the Rod. Named it Keroro.

storm silver 204.2.png

Mt. Mortar encounter was this Rhyhorn. Credits for the name go to Blitzamirin

storm silver 204.3.png

Salazar was instead the encounter for Route 42. Nothing too exciting.

storm silver 205.png

Back to the main track, after we've caught Gyarados we finally meet Lance and its underleveled Dragonite. He asks us for some help against Team Rocket, so let's go back to Mahogany Town.

storm silver 206.png

savage

storm silver 207.png

We're in the Team Rocket Hideout. We have to face 2 Team Rocket Grunts and one Scientist before disabling the security system.

storm silver 208.png

yeah yeah we need 2 passwords. Let's get them real quick.

storm silver 209.png

:blobsweat:

storm silver 210.png

I like they replaced Murkrow with Chatot here. It's more fitting tbh

storm silver 211.png

We have to challenge the first executive, Petrel!
It was very easy, so let's move on and let the Chatot do its work

storm silver 218.png

Yeah you got it boi

storm silver 219.png

Lance comes to help us against the other excutive in a double battle!

storm silver 221.png

This team at least Lance has the decency to not use a level 40 Dragonite but a Dragonair. Anyway, the fight wasn't anything hard.

storm silver 226.png

After the battle, we have to KO the Electrode that are keeping the machine working. Since I fear Explosion, I lead with Luxray to drop thier Attack with Intimidate.

storm silver 227.png

We have no choice but teaching it to Lapras later in the game.

storm silver 228.png

We finally have access to the Gym. My strategy is to sweep the Gym Leader with Infernape and its Choice Band Close Combat. It shouldn't be much of an hassle.

storm silver 230.png

Let's go.

storm silver 231.png

First is Abomasnow, which sets the hail up for its teammates. Close Combat easily OHKOs it.

storm silver 232.png

Another Close Combat, and it's gone.

storm silver 233.png

Same fate as Dewgong. Choice Band is SO good.

storm silver 234.png

Guess the move.

storm silver 235.png

And Glalie is gone as well.

storm silver 236.png

I had to switch out here because of having 0 PP on Close Combat and being Choice-locked. Luxray however takes easily care of Froslass after tanking a Blizzard.

storm silver 237.png

7th Gym Badge added to our collection!

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 45
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Level: 43
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

Level: 45
Mild Nature
-Strenght
-Taunt
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Poliwag - Ecruteak City
-Rhyhorn - Mt. Mortar
-Arbok - Route 42
-Gyarados (Shiny) - Lake of Rage

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 9: Thunder
With our 7th badge in the back, we can progress the story and kick Team Rocket's ass. Let's get into that.

storm silver 238.png

As soon as we leave the Gym, Prof. Elm calls us to inform something odd is happening at Radio Tower. I wonder what...

storm silver 239.png

We're stuck. We have no way to enter the Tower without any trick. Good thing there's a Team Rocket uniform here.
Feeling cute, might challenge Team Rocket later idk

storm silver 240.png

Perceptive.

storm silver 241.png

After clearing the Tower with no major issue, it's time to fight against (ONCE AGAIN) Petrel.

storm silver 242.png

Okay this thing hits like a truck. Double Edge is dangerous so watch out for it.

storm silver 243.png

Skuntank is out next. This Skuntank is a bitch. Toxic + Protect stall strategy. If you don't have potions or healing items, expect to lose some Pokémon here.

storm silver 244.png

Toxicroak isn't a challenge at all with Solis. I always fear Sucker Punch but it has never used it so I assume it doesn't carry it at all?

storm silver 245.png

Yeah no I don't want this thing to Explode on my face. Better using Psychic with Espeon and get rid of it.
Oh, at some point there was also Hypno iirc (took the screenshots some days ago so I don't exactly remember) but I forgot to document it.

storm silver 246.png

Is this the first time we see Tangrowth? Probably... Anyway, we all know Tangrowth has a terrible Special Defense, so two Tri Attack by Nebula do the job.

storm silver 247.png

With the Basement Key, we can progress this section.

storm silver 248.png

Another Kimono Girl. This time we don't have to save her or anything.

storm silver 249.png

Ngl I lowkey forgot I had to face Aether here. Without further ado, let's challenge him.

storm silver 251.png

Big crow is his first Pokémon. I have the perfect answer for it, aka Sphinx. Intimidate will drop its Attack and Spark should OHKO it.

storm silver 252.png

Typhlosion is next. This thing carries Focus Blast, which is the reason why he sent it out against Luxray (remember that it's a Dark-type in this game). THANKFULLY Focus Miss missed, and I was able to hit it once with Surf.

storm silver 253.png

As I saw Focus Blast, I predicted it to use it again, so I switched into my Solis. Indeed, Typhlosion went for it and I tanked it with no problem. I then tried to finish it off thinking I was faster but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Flamethrower almost killed us ;_;

storm silver 254.png

Do you this little fucker here? Well, it carries Thunder. I was able to hit once with Extrasensory (yeah I didn't go w/ Luxray fearing a Focus Blast from it too) after it hit us with Thunder.
THIS GENGAR WAS ABLE TO HIT ALMOST ALL HIS THUNDERS. I had to PP stall it to win.

storm silver 255.png

Get out.

storm silver 256.png

I have no other choice than Sphinx here. A couple of Crunch takes

care of it.

storm silver 257.png

His Horsea evolved into a Seadra (yeah he will have a fucking Kingdra before Pokémon League), but Hibiscus dances and OHKOs it with Petal Dance.

storm silver 258.png

Final Pokémon is Alakazam. I went for a Calm Mind just to be sure and then Shadow Ball(ed) it for the win.
Man, this battle was though.

storm silver 259.png

The Director is now safe and he gives us the Key to progress in the Radio Tower.

storm silver 260.png

Uh oh, where am I?

storm silver 261.png

Before progressing in the Radio Tower, I wanted to train my Pokémon a bit (something I didn't actually do in the end cause it's too boring). I went to Mr. Pokémon house and got a Lucky Egg in exchange for the Red Scale.

storm silver 262.png

Oh yeah, we can also get a Shuckle in Cianwood City.

storm silver 263.png

As said, I didn't train in the end so I went immediately back to Radio Tower to take care of the final Executives.
Proton first.

storm silver 265.png

Yeah no, lemme switch into Luxray real quick.

storm silver 266.png

In the process of hitting that Electrode, Proton switches out for Cacturne, which takes the Crunch. I decide to switch Infernape in and IT GETS HIT BY FOCUS BLAST FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE (these Pokémon all have Focus Blast jesus). I finish it off with a Close Combat.

storm silver 267.png

Crobat is out next, and I decide to face it with Lapras. Crobat uses U-turn and switches into its Electrode (again).

storm silver 268.png

This time Luxray can take care of it with a couple of Crunch.

storm silver 269.png

Next is Camerupt. Surf it.

storm silver 270.png

Not gonna Explode, nope. Psychic.

storm silver 271.png

Final is Tauros. It's dangerous. I switch for Sphinx to drop its Attack with Intimidate. I know for sure this thing has Earthquake tho.

storm silver 272.png

Predicted the EQ. Let's finishes it off with Tri Attack.

storm silver 273.png

Can you please STOP CRITTING?!

storm silver 274.png

Yeah I remember you Ariana, and hopefully this will be the last time I see your face.

storm silver 276.png

Crunch.

storm silver 277.png

Click the STAB.

storm silver 278.png

Click the STAB once again.

storm silver 279.png

Knowing Arbok can use EQ, I went with Togekiss here.

storm silver 281.png

Close Combat is so good.

storm silver 282.png

Wasn't expecting her to have a Milotic, but yeah. Sparked it to win.

storm silver 283.png

Final Executive: Archer.

storm silver 285.png

:blobsweat: this Zangoose is scary. It has good coverage and high Attack, but FIRE BUTT can easily take care of it with Close Combat.

storm silver 286.png

The perfect answer. Spark it for a OHKO.

storm silver 287.png

No issue here as well.

storm silver 288.png

I don't have exactly a good answer for a Drapion. Lete was my choice tho.

storm silver 292.png

Flame Wheel is an easy OHKO.

storm silver 293.png

Houndoom, its Ace. Be careful, it has a Focus Sash.

storm silver 296.png

Phew we're finally done with Radio To-oh hi Giovanni. I have to challenge you as well?
Don't worry about your Pokémon healt btw. It will be restored before battling against him.

storm silver 297.png

badass

storm silver 298.png

Persian is out first. A Close Combat here is enough to OHKO it.

storm silver 300.png

One of his aces, Nidoking. Watch out, it hits very hard with Earthquake.

storm silver 301.png

Yeah, indeed.

storm silver 302.png

Let's intimidate this monster. This must have Earthquake, so lemme switch to Togekiss.

storm silver 303.png

Tri Attack once again prevails.

storm silver 304.png

His final ace, Rhyperior, has no chance against Petal Dance.

storm silver 305.png

Much like Skuntank, Nidoqueen also likes to Toxic+ Protect you. Watch out for this.

storm silver 306.png

They like Tauros. Intimidate it and switch out for Togekiss; it has EQ.

storm silver 308.png

Tri Attack does decent damage but Tauros hits harder.

storm silver 309.png

I then switch into Hibiscus to tank the hits and lock myself into Petal Dance. It was risky, but it payed.

storm silver 310.png

git gud?

storm silver 311.png

I wonder what we need this for....

storm silver 312.png

With Team Rocket event finally done, we can progress in Route 44. I also took the chance to level all my Pokémon to level 50 before progressing.

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Level: 50
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

Mild Nature
-Strenght
-Rock Smash
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Shuckle - Cianwood City (static)

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 10: Drop a Draco
Welcome back to my Nuzlocke! Where were we last time? Oh right, we defeated Giovanni and Team Rocket once for all. It's now time to progress to reach Blackthorn City!

storm silver 312.1.png

In Route 44, our first encounter is a Cherrim. MEH. Named it Sakura due to its Sun forme (hell no Im not going to use it)

storm silver 313.1.png

Upon entering Ice Path, a cute Swinub approaches us and decides to join the team. Named it Hailey.

storm silver 313.png

Kek right, only Ice-types will like this place. Oh btw make sure to grab the HM for Waterfall here.

storm silver 314.png

Let's solve the puzzle real quick and...

storm silver 315.png

Yup Imma grab it, thank you. It will be nice for Lapras, especially for the next Gym.

storm silver 316.png

Imma grab this one too thanks

storm silver 317.png

She got stuck, so let's free her and get out of this cave. My ass is frozen.

storm silver 318.png

"Quiet"

storm silver 319.1.png

Before entering the final Gym, let's go South and train our Pokémon. On Route 45, we encounter a Graveler. I was honestly scared of it exploding first turn, but thankfully I caught it with a single Ultra Ball.

storm silver 319.png

We can now catch big fishes (inb4 level 100 magikarp)

storm silver 320.png

Without further ado, let's enter the last Gym and freeze everyone with our Lapras!

storm silver 322.png

Trainers were no challenge. Last obstacle: Clair.

storm silver 323.png

First is Dragonair. One Ice Beam is more than enough to OHKO it.

storm silver 324.png

Gyarados is out next, and Sphinx is the perfect answer for it. A Spark and bop, gone.

storm silver 325.png

Second Dragonair, second OHKO by Lete.

storm silver 326.png

Here I risked it. I understimated Salamence SpA and movepool and...

storm silver 327.png

:blobsweat: Lapras hang on! 36 fucking HPs. This Salamence really dropped the draco.

storm silver 328.png

Ice Beam takes care of it and Altaria as well.

storm silver 329.png

Her final ace, Kingdra. Very cool looking Pokémon and very strong. I decided to use Solis to Calm Mind + Psychic it for the win.

storm silver 331.png

Which is what indeed happened.
Final badge is final-no. Clair is a crybaby and won't give us the badge unless we manage to pass the challenge in Dragon's Den.
Fucking shenanigans.

storm silver 333.png

Hi Dratini u qt

storm silver 334.png

Let's answer his questions (make sure to answer in the correct way, so you can have a surprise later!)

storm silver 335.png

git gud Clair

storm silver 336.png

About damn time, thanks

storm silver 337.png

Eheh, surprise

storm silver 338.png

Perfect, and yes, it has Extreme Speed. Debating if I should add it to my team or no tho...

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 52
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Bite
-Heabutt
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Level: 54
Jolly Nature
-Ice Shard
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Level: 52
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

Mild Nature
-Strenght
-Rock Smash
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Cherrim - Route 44
-Swinub - Ice Path
-Graveler - Route 45
-Dragonair - Dragon's Den (static)

Bonus track in the title :]​

Alpha

Banned deucer.
Chapter 11: The Chosen One
Hlelo friends, I'm back with another chapter of the Nuzlocke! Apologies for being slow, job has killed me in the past few days ;_;
Anyway, it's time for us to battle Kimono Girls and meet Lugia, so let's get into it!
storm silver 339.png

Once we've gained the 8th badge, we head to Prof. Elm laboratory.

storm silver 340.png

This will be extremely useful for Lugia!

storm silver 341.png

Ah shit, here we go again...

storm silver 342.png

I hope Solis can do the job here...

storm silver 344.png

Oh right, they're seven now. In the original game they're five but here you have access to Leafeon and Glaceon, so it makes only sense 2 more Kimono Girls are in here.

storm silver 345.png

First is Zuki!

storm silver 346.png

She will use Umbreon, and this is super annoying. Double Team + Toxic, gross.

storm silver 349.png

Next is Naoko!

storm silver 350.png

Mirror match, but Solis does the job here.

storm silver 351.png

Izumi is one of the new Kimono Girl introduced in Storm Silver.

storm silver 352.png

And she will use Leafeon. Watch out for it. Swords Dance + Leaf Blade can be fatal.

storm silver 354.png

Yeah, indeed. Thankfully, Nebula managed to handle it.

storm silver 355.png

Misa's next, the last of the new Kimono Girl!

storm silver 356.png

She uses Glaceon! And yeah ignore me being low on HP, this thing hits hard.

storm silver 358.png

Miki is next, and she will use...

storm silver 359.png

This qt fluf boi. I was scared of a Flare Blitz or any physical Fire-type move so I switched in for Sphinx to drop its Attack. Thankfully, it will only use Bite or Fire Blast.

storm silver 360.png

Sayo, master of...

storm silver 361.png

fast boi Jolteon. I switched into Hibiscus to take care of it with Earth Power (which is barely a 3HKO).

storm silver 362.png

Last is Kuni, and we all know at this point which Eevolution she will use.

storm silver 363.png

Easy fight!

storm silver 364.png

With the Tidal Bell, we can finally progress and catch Lugia!

storm silver 365.png

I had to grab Borealis and teach it Whirlpool to reach the islands, but here we are finally.

storm silver 399.png

Our encounter is Spheal! Named her ROLLIN, cause they seem her ROLLIN and they hatin

storm silver 366.png

Bitch I'm on the list, let me pass

storm silver 367.png

Great job here Game Freak ngl. Lovely sight.

storm silver 369.png

Bell is ready, team too (and Masterball as well). Let's call Lugia!

storm silver 370.png

hlelo

storm silver 371.png

YOO COME AT ME BRO

storm silver 372.png

Time to challenge it, let's go!

storm silver 373.png

THANK ME LATER

storm silver 374.png

Yeah we have it, so let's use it no?

storm silver 394.png

Serious nature... MEH. Could have been worse but still. I don't plan to use it, so I'll toss it in the PC.
Ah yeah named it loogia, ty Kris

storm silver 376.png

Where all began. Time to reach Kanto!

storm silver 377.png

Bop, hello

storm silver 395.png

Ah yeah on Route 27 Otto the Buizel was our encounter (it also has Technician!)

storm silver 396.png

For Tohjo Falls, we have Slowbro. Named it POGGAROO cause yes

storm silver 397.png

Next is MAYO, the Skiploom, on Route 26.
We've also cleared all trainers there. They're pretty strong and watch out for their coverage moves!!

storm silver 378.png

We're almost there, come on!

storm silver 379.png

Sad they haven't included any Trainers in Victory Road.

storm silver 398.png

Our encounter here is HONEEEEEEEEEEEEY, the Ursaring. Zodiax hope u enjoy this name

storm silver 380.png

We're almost at the exit, and of course Aether stops us. Alright, time to beat his ass again!

storm silver 382.png

lol no bye

storm silver 383.png

We drop its Attack with Intimidate, take a Drill Peck with ease and finish it off with Spark.

storm silver 384.png

Next is Electivire; in this game, it's a Fighting-type, so Solis is the perfect answer for it. One Psychic and it's out. Also yeah I'm at level 55 with it, it just gains experience quickly here idk

storm silver 385.png

Gengar is also a OHKO with Psychic. No issue at all here (revenge for the last time!!)

storm silver 386.png

Kingdra follows Gengar, and ngl it's annoying. It likes to use Yawn a lot.

storm silver 387.png

Good job Lete. I decide to go with Hibiscus but Aether switches as well and goes for...

storm silver 388.png

Yup, fuck it.

storm silver 389.png

We take a Fire Blast and then hit back with a couple of Strenght (which is Rock-type in this game).

storm silver 390.png

Kingdra is out next, once again. It defrost immediately, but Lete freezes it back for the second time, lol.

storm silver 391.png

Knowing his final Pokémon would have been Alakazam, I switch into Solis to setup a couple of Calm Mind to ensure I OHKO it with Shadow Ball. HOWEVER, Kingdra decides to crit me not once, but TWICE in a row with Hydro Pump, leaving Solis with a sliver.

storm silver 392.png

We use an Hyper Potion, get hit with Energy Ball and OHKO with Shadow Ball. Man those crits were scary.

storm silver 393.png

We did it!

team!.png

This is the team! Make your final guesses now. Will I beat the Elite 4 or will I lose the Nuzlocke?!

Hibiscus (Meganium) (M)
Level: 53
Brave Nature
-Nature Power
-Synthesis
-Petal Dance
-Earth Power

Sphinx (Luxray) (M)
Level: 54
Bashful Nature
-Spark
-Crunch
-Flash
-Night Slash

Lete (Lapras) (F)
Level: 55
Jolly Nature
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Surf

Solis (Espeon) (M)
Level: 55
Serious Nature
-Calm Mind
-Power Gem
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

Nebula (Togekiss) (M)
Timid Nature
-Softboiled
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Extrasensory

Mild Nature
-Strenght
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel

-Spheal - Whirl Islands
-Lugia - Whirl Islands (static)
-Buizel - Route 27
-Slowbro - Tohjo Falls
-Skiploom - Route 26
-Ursaring - Victory Road

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)