ORAS OU Am I the only one who doesn't run M-Diancie without Magnezone?

talah

from the river to the sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Alright, so, first of all, this is my first RMT, so go easy on me :P. Now, on to the team itself!

M'Lady (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

In my opinion, Diancie is potentially one of the most dangerous of Megas in the OR/AS metagame. After Greninja's removal it got much better, since it now of it's biggest checks is gone. Mega Diancie sports an incredible ability in Magic Bounce, being able to directly stand up against walls and many more. Diancie also has amazing 160/160/110 offenses, allowing to function as what is probably the best mixed attacker in OU as of the moment. The set itself is pretty straightforward-Protect secures a free Mega Evolution and baits things like Ferrothorn into predicting a switch and placing Rocks on their side of the field. Diamond Storm and Moonblast are my STABs of choice. Diamond Storm nails Birdspam and generally Flying types and provides a very useful 50% chance to increase Defense. Moonblast for those Dark/Fighting types Diancie checks and for any purely physical walls neutral/weak to it. Earth Power does a very good amount of Damage to specially defensive Heatran, landing a very clean 2HKO, OHKO with some prior damage.

HUGS! (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Next up is Ferrothorn. The set is pretty standard-Stealth Rock as the best hazard in the game, Leech Seed as it's main form of damage which also provides some nice recovery paired with Lefties. Protect is there to get some guaranteed health from the Seed and Power Whip is there to not be completely shut down by Taunt and to deal some really good damage to Rotom-W and the likes. Ferrothorn is incredibly potent against Rain teams and is the closest thing I have to counter bulky Waters like Quagsire, a very common Pokemon in stall teams that otherwise kinda wrecks my team. Brings a lot of nice resistances and insane mixed bulk, being able to switch into physical and special attacks alike. It is also a very good partner for M-Diancie, with Leech Seed providing very good recovery for a Pokemon with as low HP as Diancie. Diancie is also very good against Heatrans that lack Flash Cannon, who would normally obliterate this.

An Oven (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Everyone's favorite oven, err... washing machine. I had to decide between this and WashingtomDC which already was on another team sooo...Anyway, again, a very standard set. Will-o-Wisp counters most physical attackers paired with the physically defensive investment I'm running, also complimenting Rotom's very good defensive typing. Volt Switch offers a lot of momentum and is very good for when you can force something out. Hydro Pump is there for the STAB and strong Base Power, as well as providing me with a somewhat reliable answer to Gliscor. As long as they don't have Toxic. I prefer Pain Split over Rest because I really do like the Lefties passive recovery.

Latte (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

I love Latios. It's good at everything. One of the best Defoggers in the tier, as this set proves, forcing out a number of Pokemon for a free Defog. Latios' Draco Meteor is one of the strongest special in the tier, only surpassed by Specs Dragalge. Psyshock for another STAB, also dealing lots of damage to standard Chanseys. Earthquake lures in Heatran and provides pretty good coverage in general, also hitting things like Excadrill very damn hard. If anyone has a better nickname, please provide it.

Scurry Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Ah, good old Lando-T. Old buddy of mine, had no idea how good he is before getting into competitive play. I love the Scarf set, not only does it provide a very potent VoltTurn core with Rotom-W, it also gives me an insanely good ability in Intimidate, giving it surprising uninvested physical bulk. It has a just good enough movepool to be one of the best Scarfers on the tier-U-turn provides a lot of momentum because of the switches this things forces. Knock Off is overall a great move, obliterating things like Gengar and the Lati Twins. Earthquake for STAB and overall a great move. I rarely use Stone Edge, but it provides such excellent coverage paired with Earthquake that it's a must.

Smokin! (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 68 SpA / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Last but certainly not least, Heatran. Heatran is currently an incredibly good Pokemon in the OU tier, doing several things at once, or being dedicated to one thing. Having Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn allows me to run my move of choice to replace it and in this case, it's Substitute, running a very effective Toxic set. Lava Plume has a very good 30% chance of burning your opponent(not that I get it when I need it, once I didn't get it in like 10 of those and when the opposing Guts AV Conk switched in, what do you know, a burn. Yay?) and provides for a very good STAB choice. Earth Power destroys opposing Heatran and overall provides very good coverage with Lava Plume.

Alright, I've gotta be honest here-I haven't used the team THAT much. I started yesterday and today I got up to the 1400s with one loss because of a terrible misplay on my part with Diancie, which I'm confident I would've won otherwise. I haven't had any problems with the team yet and I really do like it, but I'm looking for any suggestions to further improve the team. Also, please, PLEASE give me a better nickname for Latios. And yes, the nickname on Heatran is a reference to the original DMC series if any of you realise it. Anyways, I'm gonna be gone for a couple of hours, hope I'll get some advice before I get back, have fun rating my team!

Attachments

hi i have a few changes that sould improve your team:
1. make your latios set calm mind recover draco meteor psyshock to deal better woth cm mega slowbro whitch can break your team when played well.
2. instead of investing in diances atk you can give it sharpen (boost atk by 1 stage) so you can beat chaney or clefable
3.change heatrans set to lava plume stealth rock roar toxic - sub on heatran isnt realy viabile while you dont need earth power since you have many ways of beating heatran already
4. give ferrothorn spikes so you dont have to use defog since opponents will do it for you themselfs if you pressure them with spikes

Looking at your team your left weak to:
- conkeldur
- gengar
- landorus
These three are really hard to cover bug i found a way: change rotom-w to spedef gyarados. while covering ^ it also gives you roar support which works pretty cool with spikes

hi i have a few changes that sould improve your team:
1. make your latios set calm mind recover draco meteor psyshock to deal better woth cm mega slowbro whitch can break your team when played well.
2. instead of investing in diances atk you can give it sharpen (boost atk by 1 stage) so you can beat chaney or clefable
3.change heatrans set to lava plume stealth rock roar toxic - sub on heatran isnt realy viabile while you dont need earth power since you have many ways of beating heatran already
4. give ferrothorn spikes so you dont have to use defog since opponents will do it for you themselfs if you pressure them with spikes

Looking at your team your left weak to:
- conkeldur
- gengar
- landorus
These three are really hard to cover bug i found a way: change rotom-w to spedef gyarados. while covering ^ it also gives you roar support which works pretty cool with spikes
calm mind+draco is pretty counterproductive... would dragon pulse be better?

its your choice. i would go with draco just beacuse of the nucking power but at the same time dragon pulse gives you better sweeing abilities. its up to preferance. i suggest you to try both and tell from experiance what works the best

talah

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thing is, I don't particularly like CM Latios, I've tried it before and running CM on it means I'm gonna have to give up EQ/Defog, or even both, giving me no hazard control and losing the niche of EQ being a great Heatran lure. As for Spikes, I'd be giving up Sub in Heatran and it REALLY has come in handy, while I haven't had problems with setup sweepers. If I don't run EP on Heatran, Lando could easily get burned on the switch, and Diancie would take shitloads of damage. Rotom-W forms an insane VoltTurn core with Landorus-T and can carry Will-o. If I actually used your suggestions, I'd be insanely weak to Rocks(Gyara gives me another SR weakness) and while my opponent might have to Defog, they could easily have spin/play around that Defog because of my lack of Bisharp. I do appreciate the suggestions, and that threat list. Actually, I've met lots of all the threats you mentioned-the only agendas variant that gives me a bit of trouble is Specs which gets easily revenges by Lando-any other variant usually is handled well by Heatran, even with Focus Blast. Conk gets Seeded by Ferro and then I switch to Diancie, easily outlasting it afterwards, especially if I'm not Mega yet on the switch because of protect. Lando is taken care of pretty well by a combination of my Pokemon, Latios usually destroys it. Lastly, Sharpen is EXTREMELY bad IMO on this set because o have to give up either EP, my only extra coverage, or Protect which is a crucial move on the set-it makes Diancie the best scouting lead there is and gives it a free Mega, and works really well with Ferrothorn's seed.

EDIT: Grammatical mistake

Last edited:
Team looks pretty solid. Just out of curiosity though, how does your team deal with fast fighting types? It seems like Gallade could run through your team barring speed tie loses once landorus is gone and you really have no way to even switch in your landorus more than once or twice on mega Gallade and you always have to be weary of ice punch as well. Lopunny could also give your team issues, but to a slightly lesser extent.

Other than that though your team looks pretty rock solid.

talah

Gallade usually is taken care of b Lando, but if that is dead I do have to rely on ties-although, if it has Drain Punch, Rotom can deal with it. Diancie can take a hit from Lop and OHKO back, Lando can switch into it, Ferro can generally deal with it with help from Rotom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)