Headlines “Politics” [read the OP before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 200k Americans dead with nearly 1,000 more dying every day in part due the fear mongering, anti-science garbage vomited from the mouth of one single person and the people who borderline religiously follow his word.

I don't want to say anything terribly negative about a sick old man, but I'm definitely thinking it.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After the amount of lives he's been responsible for and dismissive of, I couldn't care less. He's ripped apart so many families and hurt so many people and is largely responsible for turning America into the cesspool that it is right now. You can tell me that it's wrong to wish harm on other people, but that holds no water when the person in question has been responsible for the grief of so many families and the suffering that so many people have had to go through because of their identity.

Not saying I hope he dies, but I hope he's required to leave the election, and the reason to me is secondary.

love Trump or hate him, he is a sitting president and I'm disgusted by the people who are delighted he has corona or hoping he dies from it, even if it was due to his own blatant disregard for basic precautions. This virus is a terrible disease that I wouldn't wish on any person, including the president. For decency and the sake of the country, we should all be wishing him a speedy recovery. Politics should be secondary.

love Trump or hate him, he is a sitting president and I'm disgusted by the people who are delighted he has corona or hoping he dies from it, even if it was due to his own blatant disregard for basic precautions. This virus is a terrible disease that I wouldn't wish on any person, including the president. For decency and the sake of the country, we should all be wishing him a speedy recovery. Politics should be secondary.

Cant remember the last time politics has ever come second. It's quite a tall order to wish someone negatively affecting your life a speedy recovery. All the ill will towards him didn't just pop out of thin air.

That's all nice and good but at a certain point fake high horse arguments fall flat.

Trump has done some truly awful things over the past 4 years and while he isn't directly responsible for COVID his fear mongering fueled the anti-mask movement that partially resulted in the deaths of 200,000+ Americans, higher death per million rate than almost any other country despite the US's extremely low population density. The US is one of the ONLY nations with this virus out of control and it is mostly due to Trump's misdirection and politicizing science. His dumb statements have divided the country in a way that I have never seen in my lifetime and I see no end to this in sight. The country is in economic freefall, people are rioting over injustice, and hospitals are using refrigerated trucks to handle the waves of corpses that never cease. In my home city of Austin the local hospital had to make a social media post pleading with the public to disregard Trump's comments and to wear the mask / avoid gatherings as the healthcare system is strained near the point of collapse.

The irony is he insulted Biden for wearing a mask during the debate, and now Trump's life is in danger due to his own terrible policy. If he dies, fuck it and him. I do not wish him well at all. Hopefully he lives long enough to lose the election by electoral vote, then I don't care what happens. If we get some photos of him on a ventilator clinging to life good, maybe his supporters will finally believe the disease is worth wearing a mask over and we can finally slow the growth of this terrible pandemic.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
your office of the president doesn't mean shit. no person gets venerated freely solely for being the president. trump is a garbage excuse for a human being personally responsible for damages and misery to millions. do i wish him to have the virus? no. do i hope he dies from it? no. do i give him any shred of sympathy or positive credence for having contracted the disease that he made himself and millions of others vulnerable to? hell. fucking. no.

Cant remember the last time politics has ever come second. It's quite a tall order to wish someone negatively affecting your life a speedy recovery. All the ill will towards him didn't just pop out of thin air.
Here and here and here, to give some examples, in sharp contrast to some other takes I've read.

I'm not going to turn this into a policy discussion but it's never good for a democracy to have a presidential candidate taken out before a major election or to have the incumbent incapacitated. I will say though that I live in a very red state and everyone wears masks indoors, and most people wear them outside as well. It might just have something to do with the fact that Trump doesn't decide state policy, governors do.

your office of the president doesn't mean shit. no person gets venerated freely solely for being the president. trump is a garbage excuse for a human being personally responsible for damages and misery to millions. do i wish him to have the virus? no. do i hope he dies from it? no. do i give him any shred of sympathy or positive credence for having contracted the disease that he made himself and millions of others vulnerable to? hell. fucking. no.
he's almost certainly responsible for himself catching the virus. however, what I said was I wouldn't wish the virus on anybody, not just a president. it appears you only bothered to read the first sentence of my post because it seems we mostly agree here

Agreed. The reaction in this thread has been sickening. I will be taking some time off from posting in here based on the way that several of these posters have acted without repercussion from the moderators.

Here and here and here, to give some examples, in sharp contrast to some other takes I've read.
These people aren't negatively affected by Trump in the way that others are. All 3 play politics and they're pretty well off. 2 of them are running for president, so of course they aren't going to speak ill about him. Do you honestly think Biden is wishing Trump a speedy recovery after Trump repeatedly trashed all over his son if he wasn't a politician?

Why should we have the decency to wish Trump a speedy recovery when Trump doesn't even have the decency to not forcibly sterilize women at the border?

funny seeing all the neoliberals tsk-tsk at leftists for hoping Trump dies 24 hours after saying leftists secret pro-Trump agents because they're going to vote Green or stay home instead of prostrating themselves before Biden

guess you don't have an excuse to deny people basic human rights without your big bad monster to hold up as a greater evil, huh? Then you might have to admit to yourself you and your party don't care about anyone but yourselves, and how could you live with that???

edit: to be clear this isn't directed at anyone in this thread since it's pretty dead before this news hit

Last edited:
You know what? Some of you guys are really deplorable. I have my disagreements with Biden (many of them) and I think he's said and done some truly shitty things, but I would not ever wish ill will on him or really anyone. Some of y'all really need to put politics second for once. I'm really sorry, but that needs to be said. This sentiment is getting pretty toxic pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)