move 2: Spore
move 3: Rage Powder
move 4: Protect
item: Coba Berry / Focus Sash
ability: Regenerator
nature: Relaxed
evs: 220 HP / 188 Def / 100 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame, (AC) boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in redirection, recovery in Regenerator, and status infliction. Furthermore, its low Speed helps it function as a potential check to Trick Room attackers such as Porygon2 and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb, which can be used to thwart popular Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon. Clear Smog can be used if the team struggles against setup sweepers like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian Moltres.

* Spore is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp. Putting opposing Pokemon to sleep gives Amoonguss's teammates such as Landorus-T and Galarian Moltres free turns to set up and shut down a Dynamaxed Pokemon and helps stall out Trick Room.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing its partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves.

* Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-T, and Galarian Moltres. Focus Sash, on the other hand, can be used to survive any one move that could potentially OHKO Amoonguss.

* 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature let Amoonguss take Glastrier's Icicle Crash, while 0 Speed IVs allow it to underspeed Regirock, Porygon2, and some Glastrier variants.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Mr.GX, 239881]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good gx, glad to have you writing! my comments:

• we don't want to overwhelm people with options, I would probably drop energy ball as it doesn't even show up on pikalytics
  • "thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon" - list some examples here, mainly looking for clefairy and tapu fini
  • don't use phrases like "rising in popularity", it makes analyses become dated quickly. I'd just say what it does
  • what are some Pokemon that get really messed up by Spore? i.e. cant KO amoonguss and don't commonly run goggles/lum/have misty terrain support
  • we don't cover Protect in VGC analyses when its the only move on a line. its pretty self explanatory
  • In the coba berry line, cut the points about max airstream snowballing and restoring focus sash with regenerator, the first doesn't matter for amoonguss and the second is just too specific
  • list at least one calculation (i.e. can take icicle crash from life orb glastrier or something, whatever it does) to give more context in the EV spread
hit me on discord when you've made these changes

comments in blue, additions in green, removals in red.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Pollen Puff / Sludge Bomb / Clear Smog

[SET COMMENTS]

* With a Grass-/Poison-typing while boasting amazing bulk and access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator and status infliction, Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame. you use a lot of "ands" here, just use commas and turn it into a list. also, why is grass/poison typing relevant? if it is, specify, if not, cut it. Furthermore, it's abysmal low Speed speed tier helps it function as a potential Trick Room check against Trick Room attackers such as... (examples here plz) a variety of teams.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb. Depending on the team structure, they can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini this just feels like you're using more words for very little, I would look into merging these two sentences if you can. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good offensive support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon, and is quite strong when used in tandem with Dynamax why exactly?, although the resulting recovery would only be 25%. Clear Smog, while not common, 30% pikalytics usage is fairly common can be used if the team struggles against set up strategies users like ... (examples here plz).

* Spore is effectively what makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy and Glastrier this runs lum often enough that I would ask you mention something else. Think of some faster pokemon that can't effectively remove amoonguss! btw I do think you can trim down this line a bit. . With it's 100% accuracy combined with Amoonguss's tremendous bulk, the mere presence of Amoonguss in team preview will force the opponent to think twice about their game plan. fluff

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing it's partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to keep your Dynamax candidate healthy for a later use. the main thing I wanted to highlight here is that this absorbs max moves since they're guaranteed to be single target

* Amoonguss primarily runs Coba Berry, due to the popularity of Max Airstream users like ... examples here plz. This allows Amoonguss to tank a Super-effective Max move and Spore it back, effectively disrupting the opponent's Dynamax usage and turning the momentum into your favor.

* The EV spread focuses on further enhancing it's bulk, allowing it to tank Max Moves with the help of Coba Berry, with a decent amount of HP to spare. 220 HP / 188+ Def investment lets it live a Glastrier Icicle Crash, and takes less that 50% from Life Orb boosted Dragapult Max Airstream. cut the fluff here and just be explicit. if it lives glastrier's icicle crash, just say that instead of "enhancing its bulky" The 0 Speed IV's used with a Relaxed Nature, helps Amoonguss hit a Speed stat of 31, underspeeding most of the metagame.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

watch your usage of apostrophes and remember we use the oxford comma (thing 1, thing 2, and thing 3).

I would like to give this one more glance before stamping, just give me a buzz when done.

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
comments in blue, additions in green, removals in red.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* With a Grass-/Poison-typing while boasting amazing bulk and access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator and status infliction, Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame. you use a lot of "ands" here, just use commas and turn it into a list. also, why is grass/poison typing relevant? if it is, specify, if not, cut it. Furthermore, it's abysmal low Speed speed tier helps it function as a potential Trick Room check against Trick Room attackers such as... (examples here plz) a variety of teams.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb. Depending on the team structure, they can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini this just feels like you're using more words for very little, I would look into merging these two sentences if you can. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good offensive support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon, and is quite strong when used in tandem with Dynamax why exactly?, although the resulting recovery would only be 25%. Clear Smog, while not common, 30% pikalytics usage is fairly common can be used if the team struggles against set up strategies users like ... (examples here plz).

* Spore is effectively what makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy and Glastrier this runs lum often enough that I would ask you mention something else. Think of some faster pokemon that can't effectively remove amoonguss! btw I do think you can trim down this line a bit. . With it's 100% accuracy combined with Amoonguss's tremendous bulk, the mere presence of Amoonguss in team preview will force the opponent to think twice about their game plan. fluff

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing it's partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to keep your Dynamax candidate healthy for a later use. the main thing I wanted to highlight here is that this absorbs max moves since they're guaranteed to be single target

* Amoonguss primarily runs Coba Berry, due to the popularity of Max Airstream users like ... examples here plz. This allows Amoonguss to tank a Super-effective Max move and Spore it back, effectively disrupting the opponent's Dynamax usage and turning the momentum into your favor.

* The EV spread focuses on further enhancing it's bulk, allowing it to tank Max Moves with the help of Coba Berry, with a decent amount of HP to spare. 220 HP / 188+ Def investment lets it live a Glastrier Icicle Crash, and takes less that 50% from Life Orb boosted Dragapult Max Airstream. cut the fluff here and just be explicit. if it lives glastrier's icicle crash, just say that instead of "enhancing its bulky" The 0 Speed IV's used with a Relaxed Nature, helps Amoonguss hit a Speed stat of 31, underspeeding most of the metagame.

[CREDITS]

watch your usage of apostrophes and remember we use the oxford comma (thing 1, thing 2, and thing 3).

I would like to give this one more glance before stamping, just give me a buzz when done.
Implemented!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* While boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator, status infliction; Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame more of a grammar thing but I think this would read better if you put the stuff after the semicolon at the start of the sentence. Furthermore, it's low speed helps it function as a potential check against Trick Room attackers such as Porygon-2 and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb which can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good offensive (I understand what you're getting at but no one's running Pollen Puff because of the damage) support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon, and is quite strong when used in tandem with the Dynamax mechanic as this allows the Max candidate to recover 50% HP prior enhancing its bulk with Dynamax. This just makes no sense. Like I get it but it's pretty pointless information Do note that Pollen Puff on a Dynamaxed Pokemon only recovers 25% HP however dex info. Clear Smog, while not common, I asked for this to be removed last time can be used if the team struggles against set up users like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian-Moltres.

* Spore is effectively what makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp This is literally just explaining what the move does. What is a practical application of this?.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing it's partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves, which are always single-target attacks.

* Amoonguss primarily runs Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing, due to the popularity of Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-Therian, and Galarian-Moltres. This allows Amoonguss to tank a Super-effective Max move and Spore it back, effectively disrupting the opponent's Dynamax usage and turning the momentum into your favor. I need a line here about why I would use Focus Sash

* The EV spread allows it to tank Max Moves with the help of Coba Berry, with a decent amount of HP to spare. 220 HP / 188+ Def investment 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature lets it live a Glastrier Icicle Crash, and takes less that 50% from Life Orb boosted Dragapult Max Airstream. The while 0 Speed IV's used with a Relaxed Nature, helps allows Amoonguss to underspeed hit a Speed stat of 31, underspeeding most of the metagame (I want actual Pokemon listed here. this gives a practical and tangible meaning to the reader).

[CREDITS]

Was a bit more explicit this time so I'll trust you to implement this properly Mr.GX.

QC 1/1

zeefable-QC.gif

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* While boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator, status infliction; Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame more of a grammar thing but I think this would read better if you put the stuff after the semicolon at the start of the sentence. Furthermore, it's low speed helps it function as a potential check against Trick Room attackers such as Porygon-2 and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb which can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good offensive (I understand what you're getting at but no one's running Pollen Puff because of the damage) support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon, and is quite strong when used in tandem with the Dynamax mechanic as this allows the Max candidate to recover 50% HP prior enhancing its bulk with Dynamax. This just makes no sense. Like I get it but it's pretty pointless information Do note that Pollen Puff on a Dynamaxed Pokemon only recovers 25% HP however dex info. Clear Smog, while not common, I asked for this to be removed last time can be used if the team struggles against set up users like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian-Moltres.

* Spore is effectively what makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp This is literally just explaining what the move does. What is a practical application of this?.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing it's partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves, which are always single-target attacks.

* Amoonguss primarily runs Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing, due to the popularity of Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-Therian, and Galarian-Moltres. This allows Amoonguss to tank a Super-effective Max move and Spore it back, effectively disrupting the opponent's Dynamax usage and turning the momentum into your favor. I need a line here about why I would use Focus Sash

* The EV spread allows it to tank Max Moves with the help of Coba Berry, with a decent amount of HP to spare. 220 HP / 188+ Def investment 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature lets it live a Glastrier Icicle Crash, and takes less that 50% from Life Orb boosted Dragapult Max Airstream. The while 0 Speed IV's used with a Relaxed Nature, helps allows Amoonguss to underspeed hit a Speed stat of 31, underspeeding most of the metagame (I want actual Pokemon listed here. this gives a practical and tangible meaning to the reader).

[CREDITS]

Was a bit more explicit this time so I'll trust you to implement this properly Mr.GX.

QC 1/1

View attachment 341993
Done. And sorry my QC is a mess, I'm so out of the loop with Analysis and my English sucks. Will try to get better

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
AmGP Check Add remove comment RC: remove comma, RA: remove apostrophe, RH; remove hyphen, AP: add period, AA; add apostrophe :blobwizard:

implement what you wish

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame (RC) while boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator, and status infliction. Furthermore, its (RA) low Speed helps it function as a potential check against Trick Room attackers such as Porygon2 (RH, Porygon2 has no hyphen) and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb, (AC) which can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon, (AC) such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon. Clear Smog can be used if the team struggles against set up users like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian Moltres. (RH)

* Spore makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp. Sporing opposing Pokemon gives you free turns to set up your own Pokemon such as Landorus-Therian and Galarian Moltres (RH), can shut down a Dynamax'd Dynamaxed Pokemon, and helps stall out Trick Room.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing its (RA) partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves. (comma to period) which are always single-target attacks.

* Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-Therian, and Galarian Moltres (RH). Focus Sash, on the other hand, can be used to survive any one move that could potentially OHKO Amoonguss. (AP) and can be restored with Regenerator. unless it can regenerate to full this is not true

* 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature lets it live a Glastrier's (showing Possession and AA) Icicle Crash while 0 Speed IVs (RA) allows Amoonguss to underspeed Regirock, Porygon2 (RH), and some Glastrier variants.

[CREDITS]

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
AmGP Check Add remove comment RC: remove comma, RA: remove apostrophe, RH; remove hyphen, AP: add period, AA; add apostrophe :blobwizard:

implement what you wish

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame (RC) while boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in the form of redirection, recovery in the form of Regenerator, and status infliction. Furthermore, its (RA) low Speed helps it function as a potential check against Trick Room attackers such as Porygon2 (RH, Porygon2 has no hyphen) and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb, (AC) which can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon, (AC) such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon. Clear Smog can be used if the team struggles against set up users like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian Moltres. (RH)

* Spore makes Amoonguss a force to be reckoned with, and is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp. Sporing opposing Pokemon gives you free turns to set up your own Pokemon such as Landorus-Therian and Galarian Moltres (RH), can shut down a Dynamax'd Dynamaxed Pokemon, and helps stall out Trick Room.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing its (RA) partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves. (comma to period) which are always single-target attacks.

* Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-Therian, and Galarian Moltres (RH). Focus Sash, on the other hand, can be used to survive any one move that could potentially OHKO Amoonguss. (AP) and can be restored with Regenerator. unless it can regenerate to full this is not true

* 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature lets it live a Glastrier's (showing Possession and AA) Icicle Crash while 0 Speed IVs (RA) allows Amoonguss to underspeed Regirock, Porygon2 (RH), and some Glastrier variants.

[CREDITS]
Thanks, and implemented!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
Do credits please

GP 1/1

Ayaka_Stamp.gif

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Amoonguss functions as a potent support Pokemon in the metagame, (AC) while boasting amazing bulk and having access to a wide array of support options in redirection, recovery in Regenerator, and status infliction. Furthermore, its low Speed helps it function as a potential check against to Trick Room attackers such as Porygon2 and Regirock.

* Amoonguss's primary means of offense comes in the form of Sludge Bomb, which can be used to thwart the popular Fairy-type Pokemon, (RC) such as Clefairy and Tapu Fini. Meanwhile, Pollen Puff is a good support move to help heal Amoonguss's partner Pokemon. Clear Smog can be used if the team struggles against set up users setup sweepers like Tapu Fini, Spectrier, and Galarian Moltres.

* Spore is used to put opposing non-Grass-type Pokemon to sleep such as Torkoal, Clefairy, and Garchomp. Sporing Putting opposing Pokemon to sleep gives you free turns to set up your own Pokemon Amoonguss's teammates such as Landorus-T and Galarian Moltres, (RC) can free turns to set up and shut down a Dynamaxed Pokemon, (RC) and helps stall out Trick Room.

* Rage Powder allows Amoonguss to redirect incoming attacks onto itself while allowing its partner Pokemon to set up or dish out damage. This is especially useful in the Dynamax format to soak up Max Moves.

* Coba Berry lets Amoonguss stay safe while facing Max Airstream users like Thundurus, Landorus-T, and Galarian Moltres. Focus Sash, on the other hand, can be used to survive any one move that could potentially OHKO Amoonguss.

* 220 HP EVs, 188 Defense EVs, and a Relaxed nature lets it live let Amoonguss take Glastrier's Icicle Crash, (AC) while 0 Speed IVs allows Amoonguss allow it to underspeed Regirock, Porygon2, and some Glastrier variants.

[CREDITS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)