Amoonguss [QC 0/1]

[OVERVIEW]

* Amoonguss finds itself in a format with virtually no Misty Terrain or Electric Terrain, making its Spore capabilities extremely threatening.

* Its other support moves like Rage Powder and Pollen Puff are excellent for supporting offensive partners.

* Has minimal offensive pressure of its own, this must be compensated for with teammates.

* Can be susceptible to hidden Safety Goggles and Grass Tera Types in closed team sheet environments.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Spore
move 2: Rage Powder
move 3: Clear Smog / Pollen Puff
move 4: Pollen Puff / Protect
item: Wiki Berry / Sitrus Berry / Mental Herb / Rocky Helmet
ability: Regenerator
nature: Bold
tera type: Water / Fire
evs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 188 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Spore is used to incapacitate opposing threats. Amoonguss's primary goal should be sleeping as many foes as possible in order to create free turns for its partners.

* Rage Powder is an alternative move to create free turns; notably its priority gets around the issue Amoonguss's low Speed. Amoonguss makes a great damage sponge thanks to its great bulk and solid amount of resistances.

* Clear Smog is useful for cancelling boosts on foes like Dondozo, Bulk Up Ceruledge, and Swords Dance Garchomp.

* Pollen Puff keeps teammates healthy and is a decent offensive option for foes.

* A Water Tera Type removes all of Amoonguss's natural weaknesses while giving it minimal weaknesses in return. A Fire Tera Type gives it more common weaknesses in Ground and Water, but grants it many key resistances, namely keeping its Fairy resistance while still removing Amoonguss's natural weaknesses.

* Wiki Berry and Sitrus Berry are useful for preserving Amoonguss's health and making it difficult to remove. Mental Herb gives it insurance against Taunt users like Murkrow and Talonflame. Rocky Helmet is excellent for punishing physical attackers, particularly Maushold, which will faint to Rocky Helmet recoil before it can use all 10 hits of Population Bomb.

* 236 HP EVs grants Amoonguss an ideal HP number for Regenerator recovery. 84 Defense EVs with a Bold Nature allows Amoonguss to always survive Ground Tera Garchomp's +2 Earthquake. The remaining EVs are put into Special Defense. Amoonguss can also use a negative nature with 0 Speed IVs to underspeed Pokemon in Trick Room, but there aren't too many Pokemon in this speed tier to worry about.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username, user ID]]
- Quality checked by: [[username, user ID]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username, user ID]]

qc 1/1
* Amoonguss finds itself in a format with virtually no Misty Terrain or Electric Terrain, making its Spore capabilities extremely threatening.
I think it's better to focus on why Amoonguss is good rather than talk about Misty Terrain and Electric Terrain which are effectively irrelevant, there're only a few ways to prevent Spore, I think smth like this is better and makes your content more appealing to people unfamiliar with prior metagames.

* Its other support moves like Rage Powder and Pollen Puff are excellent for supporting offensive partners.

* Has minimal offensive pressure of its own, this must be compensated for with teammates.
I think listing some examples would be good

* Can be susceptible to hidden Safety Goggles and Grass Tera Types in closed team sheet environments.
Maybe smth like"Can be susceptile to Safety Goggles and Grass Tera Types, particularly when they're hidden in close team sheet environments" As they're a concern even without closed team sheets.

* A Water Tera Type removes all of Amoonguss's natural weaknesses while giving it minimal weaknesses in return. A Fire Tera Type gives it more common weaknesses in Ground and Water, but grants it many key resistances, namely keeping its Fairy resistance while still removing Amoonguss's natural weaknesses.
Examples of where the Fairy resistance is useful, telling people exactly what is worth running Tera Fire for is good

Something I have used and think have seen been used is Occa Berry. You can take Fire moves like Bitter Blade, Sylveon's +1 Tera Blast, and Rk9's Flare Blitz better. If you don't think it's worth slashing I think at least mention it.

Reactions: zee

Jeong

Banned deucer.
With these evs it also sustains +2 EQ from Garchomp tera Ground:
Sassy 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD.

I don't know whether to comment out Eject Pack/Button as other options. Both are similar and can be useful considering Regenerator and the meta.

With these evs it also sustains +2 EQ from Garchomp tera Ground:
Sassy 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD.

I don't know whether to comment out Eject Pack/Button as other options. Both are similar and can be useful considering Regenerator and the meta.
Both of those are too unreliable to mention imo, Eject Pack especially because its annoying to be forced to switch against Tauros.

Small change to your set, but Calm with 236 HP/ 164 Def / 108 SpD grants you 1 more SpD point. Or you can pop that point into Def.

Typically your nature should be boosting the higher base stat when trying to hit benchmarks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)