move 2: Rage Powder
move 3: Spore
move 4: Protect / Pollen Puff / Grass Knot
item: Mental Herb / Occa Berry
ability: Regenerator
nature: Calm
evs: 236 HP / 188 Def / 84 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility make it a great support Pokemon with the tools to deal with the majority of the metagame. Clear Smog resets the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder, redirecting powerful attacks such as Zacian's Behemoth Blade and Regieleki's Thunder away from its common allies like Xerneas and Kyogre. Spore is used to disrupt the enemy team with sleep while also breaking Trick Room setups. Other options are Pollen Puff to heal your own Pokemon and Grass Knot to hit Groudon and Kyogre hard. Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb to shake off Taunt from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus, and Incineroar, but it can also run an Occa Berry to survive Groudon's Heat Crash, Volcarona's Overheat, and Incineroar's Flare Blitz and put them to sleep in return. Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity, while its EV spread makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive a Calyrex-S Expanding Force. Unfortunately, Amoonguss's low offensive presence makes it rely heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes Volcarona and Rillaboom often preferred over it.

Amoonguss is a great partner for Zacian-C and Xerneas, since both Pokemon appreciate its redirection and support for setting up or preserving their health. Kyogre is another good option, since its rain weakens Fire-type moves. Fire-types such as Entei and Incineroar are also appreciated, since they can power through opposing Grass-types like Rillaboom and Tsareena easily, which can disrupt Amoonguss because they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore. Landorus, Palkia, and Urshifu-R are other good allies to KO opposing Fire-type Pokemon such as Incineroar and Volcarona.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Evelyie, 541609]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland,517429]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Mental Herb (More on this below, but I'd call this Supportive or Utility)
move 1: Clear Smog
item: Mental Herb (I think there is genuine reason to bring up items like Occa Berry)

[SET COMMENTS]
Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder for redirection and Spore, (RC) for putting opponents asleep. Players will (Careful with this wording, we just want to comment on what Amoonguss runs and why, not what the player might choose) usually carry Clear Smog for removing Xernea's boosts and Protect, but it can be replaced for Pollen Puff to heal your partners or Grass Knot to hit Kyogre and Groudon hard. (I would break this up a little bit more. Explaining Rage Powder and Spore together is fine but you've just listed dex info, so you need examples of why Rage Powder is so helpful in here at the very least. I would split the Clear Smog point out saying "Clear Smog lets Amoonguss reset the boosts of Pokemon such as Geomancy Xerneas...". I would explain the Slot 4 alternatives in their own point. This will just improve flow.) Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb, so it can shook shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus and Incineroar. (Small point of contention the wording, I'd say "Mental Herb lets Amoonguss shake off..." bit less wordy, and I just like the order of this in terms of flow) (As mentioned before, I would love to see Occa Berry mentioned, because living a Groudon Heat Crash and putting it to sleep is super super potent) Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity while its spread and bulk makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive attacks from threats such as Calyrex-S's Expanding Force and or Groudon's Heat Crash. (It wouldn't be amiss to mention somewhere in here that Grass-types like Rillaboom and especially Tsareena are generally fine into Amoonguss due to the fact they can ignore its main purpose to Spore and Rage Powder.)

Amoonguss is a great partner for Xerneas, since it can redirect attacks and let Xerneas use Geomancy more safely. Zacian is another good ally, since it will be able to go for Behemoth Blade more safely. Last but not least, Kyogre is another good companion, since Amoonguss can preserve Kyogre's Water Spout damage, while its rain protects Amoonguss from Fire-type attacks. (This is a long way to explain "These 3 Pokemon like redirection support. I'd like to see this shortened a bit, and also mention times where it's nice to have a good matchup in Xerneas (e.g. on Palkia teams).)
Some players will choose to run Rillaboom as their Grass-type for more offensive presence, while others will opt for Volcarona for redirecting attacks due to its better Zacian matchup. (To me, this doesn't really say much about Amoonguss and why it should be used.) (It would be completely okay to mention Pokemon that make Amoonguss's job easier. Things that deal with Fire-types (e.g. Landorus, Palkia) are fine with it, as well as things that beat opposing Grasses)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Let me know when this is implemented, you know where to find me if you need any help.

Last edited:

[SET]
name: Mental Herb (More on this below, but I'd call this Supportive or Utility)
item: Mental Herb (I think there is genuine reason to bring up items like Occa Berry)

[SET COMMENTS]
Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder for redirection and Spore, (RC) for putting opponents asleep. Players will (Careful with this wording, we just want to comment on what Amoonguss runs and why, not what the player might choose) usually carry Clear Smog for removing Xernea's boosts and Protect, but it can be replaced for Pollen Puff to heal your partners or Grass Knot to hit Kyogre and Groudon hard. (I would break this up a little bit more. Explaining Rage Powder and Spore together is fine but you've just listed dex info, so you need examples of why Rage Powder is so helpful in here at the very least. I would split the Clear Smog point out saying "Clear Smog lets Amoonguss reset the boosts of Pokemon such as Geomancy Xerneas...". I would explain the Slot 4 alternatives in their own point. This will just improve flow.) Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb, so it can shook shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus and Incineroar. (Small point of contention the wording, I'd say "Mental Herb lets Amoonguss shake off..." bit less wordy, and I just like the order of this in terms of flow) (As mentioned before, I would love to see Occa Berry mentioned, because living a Groudon Heat Crash and putting it to sleep is super super potent) Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity while its spread and bulk makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive attacks from threats such as Calyrex-S's Expanding Force and or Groudon's Heat Crash. (It wouldn't be amiss to mention somewhere in here that Grass-types like Rillaboom and especially Tsareena are generally fine into Amoonguss due to the fact they can ignore its main purpose to Spore and Rage Powder.)

Amoonguss is a great partner for Xerneas, since it can redirect attacks and let Xerneas use Geomancy more safely. Zacian is another good ally, since it will be able to go for Behemoth Blade more safely. Last but not least, Kyogre is another good companion, since Amoonguss can preserve Kyogre's Water Spout damage, while its rain protects Amoonguss from Fire-type attacks. (This is a long way to explain "These 3 Pokemon like redirection support. I'd like to see this shortened a bit, and also mention times where it's nice to have a good matchup in Xerneas (e.g. on Palkia teams).)
Some players will choose to run Rillaboom as their Grass-type for more offensive presence, while others will opt for Volcarona for redirecting attacks due to its better Zacian matchup. (To me, this doesn't really say much about Amoonguss and why it should be used.) (It would be completely okay to mention Pokemon that make Amoonguss's job easier. Things that deal with Fire-types (e.g. Landorus, Palkia) are fine with it, as well as things that beat opposing Grasses)

[CREDITS]

Let me know when this is implemented, you know where to find me if you need any help.
implemented

yuki

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

[SET]
name: Utility

[SET COMMENTS]

Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support. (I'd like this to be a bit more involved in what it does in the metagame Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder and Spore to redirect moves and put opponents asleep, protecting its allies from attacks and allowing them to set up or attack safely. (This is a little bit fluffy, something concrete to reinforce this) Players will (This wasn't changed after the first QC) run Clear Smog to reset the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus and close off with Protect, but it can be replaced for Pollen Puff to heal your own Pokémon and punish defensive play, or Grass Knot to hit Groudon and Kyogre hard. (Split this off Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb to shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus and Incineroar, but it can also run an Occa Berry to survive Heat Crash from Groudon, Overheat from Volcarona and Flare Blitz from Incineroar and putting them asleep. Groudon's Heat Crash, Volcarona's Overheat and Incineroar's Flare Blitz and put them to sleep in return. (Just fixing wording here a bit) Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity while its spread and bulk makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive a Calyrex-S Expanding Force. Amoonguss is also weak (I am not entirely sure if weak is the right to opposing Grass-types such as Tsareena and Rillaboom since they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore.

Amoonguss is a great partner for Zacian and Xerneas since both Pokémon appreciate its redirection and support for setting up or preserving their health. Kyogre is another good option, since its rain can protect Amoonguss from Fire-type attacks (I think a wording like "since Fire's power is weakened due to Rain" might be neater). Fire-types such as Entei and Incineroar are also appreciated, since they can power through opposing Grass-types easily. Landorus, Palkia and Urshifu-R are other good allies to knockout opposing Fire-type Pokémon (couple examples for both points really, just brief stuff). Although strong, Amoonguss plays a passive (I think this is the wrong word for it, Amoonguss is super pressuring to a lot of teams with Spore being so centralising. I would say use a wording like "Due to Amoonguss's low offensive presence, it relies heavily on the partner to deal significant damage to the opposing Pokemon.") game, so other Pokémon with similar playstyle go well with it. This makes so Volcarona and Rillaboom are prefered over it in more offensive teams. (I think I would change this to say they are options that do better damage)

[CREDITS]

yuki

Same colours

Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support, being able to deal with the majority of the metagame with its tools. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder, to redirect attacks and protect its allies from hits such as Zacian's Behemoth Blade targeting Xerneas and Regieleki's Thunder into Kyogre. (Try a wording like "redirecting powerful attacks such as Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade and Regieleki's Thunder away from its common allies in Xerneas and Kyogre.") Spore is used to disrupt the enemy team with sleep while also breaking Trick Room setups. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to reset the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus and close off with Protect. (I don't know if we need to mention Protect at all, so cut this and we will work on the wording henceforth) Other options are Pollen Puff to heal your own Pokémon to punish defensive play or Grass Knot to hit Groudon and Kyogre hard. (So I think saying "Pollen Puff can be considered to allow Amoonguss to heal its allies whereas Grass Knot can be used to deal significant damage to Groudon and Kyogre." is how I'd go for this. I'm sure GP will likely say something additionally, so this isn't a 100% necessary change as the content is right) Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb to shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus and Incineroar, but it can also run an Occa Berry to survive Groudon's Heat Crash, Volcarona's Overheat and Incineroar's Flare Blitz and put them to sleep in return. Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity while its spread and bulk (bit of a tautology here, just remove one) makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive Calyrex-S's Expanding Force. Amoonguss is easily can be disrupted by opposing Grass-types such as Tsareena and Rillaboom since they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore.

Amoonguss is a great partner for Zacian-C (Always specify the forme) and Xerneas since both Pokémon appreciate its redirection and support for setting up or preserving their health. Kyogre is another good option, since Fire's power is weakened due to rRain. Fire-types such as Entei and Incineroar are also appreciated, since they can power through opposing Grass-types easily. Landorus, Palkia and Urshifu-R are other good allies to knockout opposing Fire-type Pokémon such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Due to Amoonguss's low offensive presence, it relies heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes so Volcarona and Rillaboom are prefered over it since they have higher damage output.

Well done, some of the wording points I mentioned are contentious but I'd recommend them. Either way
QC 1/1
raineko-QC-small.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support (RC) being able Pokemon with the tools to deal with the majority of the metagame. (added period) with its tools. Clear Smog resets the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder, redirecting powerful attacks such as Zacian's Behemoth Blade and Regieleki's Thunder away from its common allies in (alternatively "like") Xerneas and Kyogre. Spore is used to disrupt the enemy team with sleep while also breaking Trick Room setups. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to reset the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus. Other options are Pollen Puff can be considered to heal your own Pokemon (removed E accent) whereas Grass Knot is used and Grass Knot to hit Groudon and Kyogre hard. Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb to shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus, (AC) and Incineroar, but it can also run an Occa Berry to survive Groudon's Heat Crash, Volcarona's Overheat, (AC) and Incineroar's Flare Blitz and put them to sleep in return. Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity, (AC) while its EV spread makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive a Calyrex-S Expanding Force. Amoonguss can be disrupted by opposing Grass-types such as Tsareena and Rillaboom since they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore. Unfortunately, Amoonguss's low offensive presence makes it rely heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes Volcarona and Rillaboom often preferred over it. (I believe this is what your final second paragraph sentence meant, but lmk if i misinterpreted. also, i folded the removed sentence into the second paragraph)

Amoonguss is a great partner for Zacian-C and Xerneas, (AC) since both Pokemon (removed E accent) appreciate its redirection and support for setting up or preserving their health. Kyogre is another good option, since Fire's power is weakened due to Rain. its rain weakens Fire-type moves. Fire-types such as Entei and Incineroar are also appreciated, since they can power through opposing Grass-types like Tsareena and Rillaboom easily, (AC) which can disrupt Amoonguss because they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore. Landorus, Palkia, (AC) and Urshifu-R are other good allies to knockout KO opposing Fire-type Pokemon (removed E accent) such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Due to Amoonguss's low offensive presence, it relies heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes so Volcarona and Rillaboom are prefered over it since they have higher damage output.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

alcremie.gif
1/1

Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC)/(RC): Add/Remove Comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Amoonguss's good bulk and good utility makes it a great support (RC) being able Pokemon with the tools to deal with the majority of the metagame. (added period) with its tools. Clear Smog resets the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus. Amoonguss will always carry Rage Powder, redirecting powerful attacks such as Zacian's Behemoth Blade and Regieleki's Thunder away from its common allies in (alternatively "like") Xerneas and Kyogre. Spore is used to disrupt the enemy team with sleep while also breaking Trick Room setups. Clear Smog allows Amoonguss to reset the boosts of Geomancy Xerneas and Cosmic Power Eternatus. Other options are Pollen Puff can be considered to heal your own Pokemon (removed E accent) whereas Grass Knot is used and Grass Knot to hit Groudon and Kyogre hard. Amoonguss will usually carry a Mental Herb to shake off Taunts from threats such as Whimsicott, Tornadus, (AC) and Incineroar, but it can also run an Occa Berry to survive Groudon's Heat Crash, Volcarona's Overheat, (AC) and Incineroar's Flare Blitz and put them to sleep in return. Regenerator provides Amoonguss longevity, (AC) while its EV spread makes it survive a +1 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and a Hurricane from Tornadus, although it can never survive a Calyrex-S Expanding Force. Amoonguss can be disrupted by opposing Grass-types such as Tsareena and Rillaboom since they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore. Unfortunately, Amoonguss's low offensive presence makes it rely heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes Volcarona and Rillaboom often preferred over it. (I believe this is what your final second paragraph sentence meant, but lmk if i misinterpreted. also, i folded the removed sentence into the second paragraph)

Amoonguss is a great partner for Zacian-C and Xerneas, (AC) since both Pokemon (removed E accent) appreciate its redirection and support for setting up or preserving their health. Kyogre is another good option, since Fire's power is weakened due to Rain. its rain weakens Fire-type moves. Fire-types such as Entei and Incineroar are also appreciated, since they can power through opposing Grass-types like Tsareena and Rillaboom easily, (AC) which can disrupt Amoonguss because they're immune to Rage Powder and Spore. Landorus, Palkia, (AC) and Urshifu-R are other good allies to knockout KO opposing Fire-type Pokemon (removed E accent) such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Due to Amoonguss's low offensive presence, it relies heavily on its partners to deal significant damage. This makes so Volcarona and Rillaboom are prefered over it since they have higher damage output.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

View attachment 3635411/1
Thanks for the GP! Implemented Giokio do your thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)