An "Ingame" badge?

Read last line if you want to know what I'm actually trying to say.
I know Smogon is a Competitive Battling Site, but some ingame things are also competitive. I see "Art" badges going for lots of people, and imo that has a lot less to do with Competitive Battling than.....Ingame Competitive Battling!

And soon with the arrival of Diamond/Pearl next year, we can expect an influx of people new to the whole idea of competitive battling, through the Wii and DS games. Having a good base knowledge of the game that was the reason they came to the forum in the first place would surely want them to learn more about battling...thus getting into Competitor when it arrives.

So basically what I'm suggesting is some kind of recognition for people that supply knowledge and information to the other side of competitive battling..ingame.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Well, you basically can get far with the same sets ingame, with the exception of perfect Hidden Powers. Also, there's the research badge, which might be somewhat similar to what you're suggesting.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, take what Peterko is doing, for example. He has some information that is purely ingame, but other things that are a mix. I don't know that we need another kind of badge when we could just extend the research badge. What really needs to be done is a more general acceptance on the forums to ingame information, and a removal of the attitude of "well, you might as well just use Tackle Pidgey because it's ingame!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)