An Offensive Uber RMT

I have recently gotten kind of bored of OU and thought of trying ubers. I have tried ubers a few times in the past, but couldn't ever get a decent team. I have been doing a little tweaking and am winning about 80% of my games with this team and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that is bringing my team this success, but whatever it is is working.

So here is the team:

And now a more detailed look:

Dialga @ Leftovers
Pressure
Modest
248 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpDef / 4 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Thunderwave
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower

This Dialga's main job is to set up stealth rock and cause paralysis so that Kyogre can hopefully come in and outspeed the threat. Draco Meteor is there for STAB and I don't want the 150 SpA stat to go to waste. Flamethrower can handle anything that Draco Meteor can't.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Sand Veil
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Sleep Talk

Garchomp functions not only as my revenge killer, but also as my sleep absorber and Darkrai counter. It comes in to pick off any weakened Pokemon that are too strong for Scizor to take them out with bullet punch. Any of it's moves can OHKO Darkrai so it can switch into a Dark Void with no problem then take it out with sleep talk.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Drizzle
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Water Spout
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

Choice Specs Kyogre is probably one of the most underrated ubers out there. With STAB + Rain Boost + Specs Boost, not much can stop this beast. It can take a hit, then strike back with an incredibly strong surf. Ice Beam and Thunder provide amazing type coverage.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Bold
-Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Whrilwind
-Roost

After testing the team for just a few hours, I realized that having somebody who resisted fighting and more importantly, ground attacks would be a huge asset to my team. Lugia fit the role well. It can stop many Pokemon that would otherwise destroy my team. It can take on Groudon with Ice Beam, CM users with whirlwind, other defensive Pokemon with Toxic, and can stall with roost.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
248 HP / 36 Atk / 220 Spe
-Superpower
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit

With all the rampaging dragons in OU, Scizor shouldn't have too much trouble finding a spot to slip in. After swords dancing, most offensive based Pokemon are OHKOs with a technician + STAB bullet punch. The main reason that this is here is to absorb dragon attacks (particularly outrage) and swords dance before proceeding to attempting to sweep with a priority move.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Bad Drams
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dark Void
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast

Darkrai is my clean-up guy. He usually sweeps up the scraps of whatever is left behind. One on one, Darkrai almost always wins. Dark Void gives me a chance to Nasty Plot and from there, Dark Pulse and Focus Blast can OHKO most major threats.​

Once again I can see that there is probably lots of room for improvement, but I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

There is one problem I can pinpoint about this team.

You are extremely Specs Kyogre weak, with nothing to switch into its Water Spouts safely. The only thing that you have that is close enough that takes its Spouts is Dialga, which takes over 50% from Kyogre's full health Specs Spout. Personally, since you already have a revenge killer (Garchomp), I would recommend Mix Palkia into the team. I like using something like this-

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Nature- Hasty (not Naive, since that would hinder you safely switching into Spout)
Moves- Surf
Focus Punch/Aqua Tail
Thunder
Spacial Rend
EVs- 252 S. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Atk

I would use this probably in place of Mewtwo, since this thing can 1 to 2hko Blissey and Dialga. Its sort of the standard set, only that you can switch into Kyogre safely into Water Spout(provided that there is no stealth rock on the field) and charge up a Focus Punch. Many people usually switch in Blissey or Dialga, so it OHKOs the former and 2HKOs the latter.

You already have a decent revenge killer, Garchomp, that can already 1 to 2 HKO Dialga, Palkia, and probably Giratina as well, and it hits Blissey for a OHKO, so Mewtwo is not really needed on this team. Also, choice scarf Jolly Garchomp outspeeds your Mewtwo by 21 points.

Also, change Scizor to 248 HP, 36 Atk, 220 Sp. Def and Leftovers. This will allow you to survive Dragon Pulses and Spacial Rends from Dialga and Palkia and Lati@s much easier, allowing you to get a free Swords Dance. Since many Palkias are Scarved and Dragon Pulse is usually on Specs Dialgas, this makes it even easier, allowing you to kill them off with Superpower, provided that you have enough Swords Dances of course. You may even want to replace one of the moves with Roost for even more survivability.

There is one problem I can pinpoint about this team.

You are extremely Specs Kyogre weak, with nothing to switch into its Water Spouts safely. The only thing that you have that is close enough that takes its Spouts is Dialga, which takes over 50% from Kyogre's full health Specs Spout. Personally, since you already have a revenge killer (Garchomp), I would recommend Mix Palkia into the team. I like using something like this-

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Nature- Hasty (not Naive, since that would hinder you safely switching into Spout)
Moves- Surf
Focus Punch/Aqua Tail
Thunder
Spacial Rend
EVs- 252 S. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Atk

I would use this probably in place of Mewtwo, since this thing can 1 to 2hko Blissey and Dialga. Its sort of the standard set, only that you can switch into Kyogre safely into Water Spout(provided that there is no stealth rock on the field) and charge up a Focus Punch. Many people usually switch in Blissey or Dialga, so it OHKOs the former and 2HKOs the latter.

You already have a decent revenge killer, Garchomp, that can already 1 to 2 HKO Dialga, Palkia, and probably Giratina as well, and it hits Blissey for a OHKO, so Mewtwo is not really needed on this team. Also, choice scarf Jolly Garchomp outspeeds your Mewtwo by 21 points.

Also, change Scizor to 248 HP, 36 Atk, 220 Sp. Def and Leftovers. This will allow you to survive Dragon Pulses and Spacial Rends from Dialga and Palkia and Lati@s much easier, allowing you to get a free Swords Dance. Since many Palkias are Scarved and Dragon Pulse is usually on Specs Dialgas, this makes it even easier, allowing you to kill them off with Superpower, provided that you have enough Swords Dances of course. You may even want to replace one of the moves with Roost for even more survivability.
I would like to point out that my Kyogre can switch in and KO with Thunder, but the opposing Kyogre will most likely switch so I will make that change. Is there anything to back up the EVs on Scizor like saying that it gives just enough to survive to Dragon Pulses or did you just toss some into HP and SpD?

Either way, I will make the changes and see what happens.

If opponents SpecsOgre in Timid or it's going to win speed tie your Kyogre will be just useless with only few hp points. And Kyogre survives Specs Thunder from another Kyogre. It has 140 basic Special Defence, even without any investment it's huge number. CM Kyogre isn't good news also on that team, if Darkrai is dead. After 1-2 Calm Minds nothing seriously hurt it.

And I agree, you have SpecsOgre weakness and Dialga with those EVs... takes more then 60% of health. Palkia is probably your best bet, if you want to stay with that team in offensive way or try to use offensive Latias, which takes for about 50-60%, but you're faster and it has access to Recover and deadly Grass Knot. You need at least TWO quite safe "checks" on Kyogre, one is not enough.

About that MewTwo - it's T-Tar, Metagross and Scizor bait, which laughs on it (Defensive T-Tar takes those Aura Spheres more then good enough) and easily Pursuit it to death. I never was the fan of ScarfMewTwo. I think you should be better with ScarfDarkrai in that spot, which hits hard enough and has acces to Spacial Rend for dragons. Also I see here little Rock Polish Groudon weakness, which would Defensive MewTwo easily fix with Reflect and Ice Beam. And that MewTwo still has enough attack to threat some opponents pokemon with strong Ice Beam. So I suggest to change MewTwo on physical wall one and Darkrai on Scarf one. Especially when you have Scizor as your late game sweeper, but you should invest in HP Evs, not speed. Even with those EVs it's slow as hell. And with max hp it survives any fire attack under Rain.

I think that's all. I hope that helped you a bit.

If opponents SpecsOgre in Timid or it's going to win speed tie your Kyogre will be just useless with only few hp points. And Kyogre survives Specs Thunder from another Kyogre. It has 140 basic Special Defence, even without any investment it's huge number. CM Kyogre isn't good news also on that team, if Darkrai is dead. After 1-2 Calm Minds nothing seriously hurt it.

And I agree, you have SpecsOgre weakness and Dialga with those EVs... takes more then 60% of health. Palkia is probably your best bet, if you want to stay with that team in offensive way or try to use offensive Latias, which takes for about 50-60%, but you're faster and it has access to Recover and deadly Grass Knot. You need at least TWO quite safe "checks" on Kyogre, one is not enough.

About that MewTwo - it's T-Tar, Metagross and Scizor bait, which laughs on it (Defensive T-Tar takes those Aura Spheres more then good enough) and easily Pursuit it to death. I never was the fan of ScarfMewTwo. I think you should be better with ScarfDarkrai in that spot, which hits hard enough and has acces to Spacial Rend for dragons. Also I see here little Rock Polish Groudon weakness, which would Defensive MewTwo easily fix with Reflect and Ice Beam. And that MewTwo still has enough attack to threat some opponents pokemon with strong Ice Beam. So I suggest to change MewTwo on physical wall one and Darkrai on Scarf one. Especially when you have Scizor as your late game sweeper, but you should invest in HP Evs, not speed. Even with those EVs it's slow as hell. And with max hp it survives any fire attack under Rain.

I think that's all. I hope that helped you a bit.
I have decided to switch Mewtwo now. The thought of a Tyranitar up against Mewtwo while locked into shadow ball scares me. I am sure that you and the above poster know more about ubers then me so I have decided to switch Mewtwo to a Palkia. It is kind of funny that you mention rock polish Groudon because I just got swept by one earlier today.

I recently began to play with Lugia in the place of Palkia ang began to get better results. I think that this is a big enough change to open up the floor for more rates.

Lol its good to see LugiaTina
I remember my battles with him

Anyways heres the problem with your team: It requires too much set up.

SD Scizor is an almost non existent threat in Ubers because: Its slower than everything and basically has to use Bullet Punch, but the problem with that is that lots of things resist Bullet Punch and easily dispose of Scizor. Like, Palkia, Dialga, Groudon. The biggest threat to your Scizor is probably Kyogre, I mean you already have a pretty big Specs Ogre weakness.

Perhaps switching to a CB scizor can provide the dragon resist and the upper hand with Uturn, but its difficult to see what exactly Scizor is doing for the team. It definitely isnt sweeping physically.

Nasty Plot Darkrai is a little better, but still doesnt function well because 1st and foremost, Focus Blast sucks so if a Dialga comes in and you miss, you're dead. The more likely scenario is that Darkrai takes out something thats already weakened, and then the opponent brings in Mewtwo or a fast Scarfer and your Darkrai still loses.

The only reason why I would have Nasty Plot Darkrai is because it can stop the likes of CM Lugia or Latias from getting too cute. Just dont expect to sweep with it.

Which brings me to: CM Lugia is possibly the biggest liability as a special attacker. I mean seriously, its like Bulk Up Dialga in a sense that you need to get like 3 or 4 Calm Minds before you actually start doing anything to the opponent. Sure it may catch your opponent offguard if they expect a physical walling Lugia, but the list of things that can stop it is pretty big:

CM Mewtwo with Taunt
the aforementioned Nasty Plot Darkrai
Without Whirlwind, I think even Kyogre and Latias can CM up with you, and either of them can also carry Roar. But if you drop either Ice Beam or Thunder for Whirlwind, you lost coverage on one of them.
ANYTHING with Trick

I recommend using something else to special sweep, and perhaps change this Lugia into a physical walling Lugia, or a physically defensive Groudon because at this point, Rock Polish destroys this team and Lugia can only take one hit before it goes down to a second Stone Edge.

Perhaps less obvious is an SDRayquaza weakness, which if it has

SD, Xspeed, Overheat and Dragon Claw/EQ, you basically lose if your Garchomp came in too often or traded blows with a Darkrai or something.

Physically walling Lugia can solve both these problems

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
One reccomendation that I would make is to use Lum Berry on Dialaga, as Darkari is going to be extremely hard for this team to take down, especially as a lead.

Also, I would suggest CB Scizor, as a Scizor with Swords Dance is too much of a liability in Ubers. Those are a few quick fixes I can make that should improve this team a little.

I would also recommend running Draco Meteor on lead Dialga; its likely you are going to hit only a few times, so you might as well hit hard.

I took all of your advice and made some changes to Dialga, Scizor, and almost completely redid Lugia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)