ORAS OU An uncommon, yet viable, OU Team (Peaked 1450 and climbing!)

Random deviant.art picture just cause (SNK fan in here)

HEY Y'ALL

So guys, this is my very first RMT post (YEEEEY), I kinda new to this forum and my english is not that great, but i'll try this anyway. Well, this team was made like a week ago, and I've never lost a battle with it (yet) (I've just battled with it like 4 times lol). Before we start, I must say that this team is meant to use my 3 favorite pokemons ever: Venusaur, Ditto and Wobbuffet. It might seem like a weird taste (and it is indeed lol), but they're actually pretty good together. So, let's get STARTEEEEEED ALREADY.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOIN ON

Quetzalcoalt (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Let's start with my favorite mega, great God Venusaur. Well, I just love this green lizard since gen 1 (always my starter) and his mega is just great. Great bulk, nice moveset, definently can get rid of the annoying fairies and he's one of my mains special attackers. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are the usual STABs, HP fire for Ferrothorn and Scizor, while constantly recovering with Synthesis.

Paradox (Wobbuffet) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond
Oh, no, it's Wobbuffet! That's right, kids, the great blue wall is coming. Basically Wobbu works really well with Venu. It resists to psychic threats (Lati@s, Metagross, Medicham (?) ) and flying types too (Talonflame, how I enjoy killing you). EV spread and the nature both helps this mixed wall. Encore is for trapping any boosting move, and Destiny Bond can guarantee a certain death, and Counter + Mirror Coat just complete the fun.

Doppelganger (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform

Oh, how I love this part. So you've just been encored, now I shall get all those boosts and destroy your team :), that's one of Ditto's jobs. Also it can help me with hazards (copying some SR user or whatever), also a great switch in when Lando-T arrives and can give me coverage for any other type that this team is weak. It takes time to learn how to use it, but it totally worth it. I love him. EV and nature is just the usual set, max HP for minimum SR damage and stuff.

Atlas (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Atlas, the one in the greek mythology the carries the world in his back. Conkel has the same job here, he's my physical attacker and shall defeat every Heatran, Ferro or Chansey in his way. Guts is for extra damage even while burned (hello Rotom-w), Drain and Mach are just the best STABs ever, Ice Punch is for some extra flying coverage and Knock Off is for extra psychic coverage and for the annoying lefties users out there. He can also deal with dark types that Wobbu isn't able to deal, like Bisharp or Ttar.

Misty (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
Say hello to the best spinner in OU ladder (to me lol). Starmie is great, nice type combination , reeeeeally fast (faster than Lati@s as defoggers) and helps me with another poke that Wobbu can't deal with: Gengar. Scald and Psyshock are mandatory STABs, Rapid Spin is kinda obvious and Recover is for some extra bulk. Fast, powerful and glamourous (?), this poke has it all. I know she usualy get 16 in Spd, but an extra investment in Def is helpful against Talonflame.

Lilith (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

My favorite special wall in this meta (Chansey sucks). She's my cleric, so Wish, Heal Bell and Protect are the right moves. Hyper Voice is for STAB and can take down the Dark threats. She helps me with one of my main objectives: keeping all my pokes alive. Def investiment is for some extra bulk, and the rest is just the usual set.

WHATCHA THINK ABOUT IT? HUH??
So, that's my crew. I kinda wanted to not the usual cores (Talon, Rotom, Lando, etc) and to use my favorite pokes as well. I think this team is on the right way in its climbing to the top. As for the threatlist, I might put it down later, cause i've played few battles, but Talonflame is always hard to deal with. So please, let me know what you think and help me out! \o/

cool something different from the usual but their are alot things that your team does need to patch up on. You have a wobbufet but after it traps and kills a mon but after that wtf do you do. Me saying this means that you need a set up sweeper talonflame over ditto is sorta same seeing as bird can revenge kill things that ditto does 2. I will give a better rate later explaining what other mons would be better but for now I see talonflame doing more work atm here are some sets.
For raikou (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Flare Blitz
- Roost

the set above is too outspeed raikou with the right amount of speed and the second set is a bit bulkier but sets up on heatran and ferrothorn easier than it was before.

For mega pinsir (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost

cool something different from the usual but their are alot things that your team does need to patch up on. You have a wobbufet but after it traps and kills a mon but after that wtf do you do. Me saying this means that you need a set up sweeper talonflame over ditto is sorta same seeing as bird can revenge kill things that ditto does 2. I will give a better rate later explaining what other mons would be better but for now I see talonflame doing more work atm here are some sets.
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Flare Blitz
- Roost

the set above is too outspeed raikou with the right amount of speed and the second set is a bit bulkier but sets up on heatran and ferrothorn easier than it was before.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost
Destroys the fun nature of DITTO.

Anyway run 252 Spe on Starmie if you ever need to 1v1 Raikou as it makes the speed tie.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt/Flare Blitz
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Roost
Hmmm, nice sets, I'll try this! Thanks a lot ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)