Done An up-to-date downloadable version of PS!

Alpha

Banned deucer.
From time to time, in Help room of PS! users ask questions related to the current downloadble version and / or report bugs, such as 1) random crashes, primarily from using the button "Hide", 2) the impossibility to currently zoom in with Ctrl +, 3) losing teams (which seems to be less common, but still a report I've seen in Help room). Unfortunately, as the vast majority of us use the online version, we are not able to give proper answers to those users or helping them understanding their problems, because we are the first ones who are not aware of how the downloadable version works in the first place.

So, what I'm requesting is to have an up-to-date version of it, so that users that use it can have the same quality as the online version, and can receive proper help when requested. I'm sorry if this sounds extremely selfish, especially from a non-tech person who understands virtually nothing of tech stuff and is not able to code. I hope this suggestion is doable!

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm here to second this. I love having teams backed up locally but there's just an insane amount of issues. The downloadable version just doesnt perform - 10 minutes into using it my ram is basically dead and my computer is red hot, while the browser version has never had this issue ever even with longer sessions of use. The control + f function on the desktop that's so valuable in helping find lines in chat is basically useless compared to the browsers ability as the browser can at least scroll past what's currently on the screen. I can't do without local teams as my browser glitches out with cookies frequently and thus I need to use local teams but the desktop one outside of that is objectively worse and almost unusuable at times with its performance issues on my machine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)