An UU RMT by umbarsc

I had a pretty good stall team for UU, but lately it hasn't been doing so well. It was losing about 3/4 of its games after doing so well for me for a while. I decided to break the ice by simply building new teams. I built four new teams total, and out of them, this one was the most successful, so I've decided to run with it.

I'll put up pictures later.

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass
- Quick Attack
---

Quick Attack is there for to take out Flail/Reversalers. Otherwise completely standard. I just arbitrarily chose this for a lead because I wanted something that hit hard and fast, and this fit the bill. This has been working surprisingly well for me.
---

Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 228 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Return
---

I've always wanted to try out a physical Lapras, and now I have, and the results were far better than I expected. This is a great late-game cleaner, and it sets up very nicely on Pokemon like Hypno with its 101 Subs and large bulk.
---

Primeape @ Choice Band
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Rock Slide
- U-turn
---

Standard Choice Bander, nothing surprising here. Hitmonlee packs a lot of power, but I'm wondering if Primeape wouldn't be better, if just for Ice Punch for those damn Claydols.
---

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Whirlwind
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Night Shade
---

Yes, I use Noctowl. Noctowl is a great status absorber, possibly the best in the game as it doesn't have to rely on Rest-Talk like most. Its main job is special sponging (which it does very well despite BoltBeam weakness), and status absorbing (flinging back a Mantine's Toxic is priceless). Night Shade could be replaced by Air Slash, but the reliable, consistent damage is more useful I've found.

One thing I'm wondering, though, if it comes in on a Steelix's Toxic, can is be Psycho Shifted back at Steelix, or are steel-types immune to poison and not just Toxic? If it could it would make this even more useful.
---

Omastar @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 HP
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Ancientpower / Rest
---

Defensive Omastar, selected specifically so I'm not run over by Swellow, though the large amount of Steelix seems to have decreased their population. Omastar is under-rated as a defensive Spiker, the Rain Dance set is too easily stopped by Lanturn and other Water-types.

As you can see, I'm unsure of what to run in the last slot. Rest could be useful since I have a cleric on my team (one that covers Omastar's weaknesses pretty well), but Ancientpower is useful for hitting Scyther if Stealth Rocks aren't up, as this is the sole Pokemon that has a chance of stopping scyther (everything else is outsped and OHKOed)
---

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 148 SpA / 60 SpD
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Aromatherapy
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
---

In my last slot, I wanted something that could support the team and with useful resistances, but wasn't zero-offense, and the "Moderate" Vileplume fit the bill perfectly. Heals status and still has some offensive prowess with STAB 90 BP Sludge Bomb, STAB 80 BP Energy Ball, and or HP Ground for coverage against other Poison-types (though many are part Grass-type, so I'd basically be hitting Muk and the Nidos) and Probopass.
---

So there you have it. My new UU "moderate" team (not overly offensive or defensive, like Vileplume), with a record thus far of 7-1-1 against other UU teams (tie was from one of my Pokemon dying while the opponent's Pokemon died to Life Orb). Most of the time, it was Primeape and Manectric that took out 2-3 Pokemon each, then Lapras running down what was left. I'd still like suggestions, though.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get good sprites? I usually use Pokemonelite2000 sprite resource, but that seems to be down or something, because I can't access it.

Discuss.

One thing I'm wondering, though, if it comes in on a Steelix's Toxic, can is be Psycho Shifted back at Steelix, or are steel-types immune to poison and not just Toxic?
The latter, Steel types are just immune to poison period.

Omastar-
I really see no reason to run Shell Armour, simply because if someone else sets up Rain Dance and you force them out. Omastar can still take advantage of that situation. Also I do think the full 252+ defense is abit overkill, I'd just run 252 defense but with a Modest nature. HP Rock/Ancient Power is generally better than Surf as a only attack.

Most of the safest switches into Omastar will always be a water or grass type, you may as well hit them neutral. As for the last slot, Spikes or Rest is a good use. I'd orientate more towards Rest though since Vileplume gives good synergy with Omastar.

Manectric-
In this kind of team, I'd prefer running LO Manectric with Crunch as the last move. That way you can even cripple the likes of Grumpig and Hypno.

I usually prefer Primeape for the extra Speed and better movepool, particularly Ice Punch and U-turn. If you do use Primeape, I would throw Quick Attack on your Manectric to deal with Reversal users, since you won't have Mach Punch anymore.

Omastar is your best chance at taking out Scyther, so I would go with HP Rock in the last slot, just in case you can't keep Stealth Rock up.

I would probably ditch Stun Spore on Vileplume, your team isn't exactly slow. Leech Seed would be good, or you could use both Energy Ball and HP Ground.

I run almost the same Noctowl set, only I favour Whirlwind over Hypnosis, finding the ability to stop Grumpig, Hypno etc. setting up more useful than hypnosis.

I agree, as my team lacks a phazer, and Hypnosis hasn't been that useful.

I turned HP Ground on Vileplume to Sleep Powder, as Sleep Clause isn't going to be activated without Hypnosis Noctowl, and I may want to make this a Wi-Fi team so I'd prefer to avoid Hidden Powers if I can.

I'd try punishment or payback over the EQ/RS slot on primeape. It offers better coverage alongside CC against ghosts and psychics.

Use 417 HP on Lapras: that way, you can Sub + DD till you have 6 DDs and a sub on anything trying to wall you with Seismic toss/ Night Shade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)