ORAS UU Angel On My Shoulder

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Introduction

Hello friends, here's a pretty cool team I made featuring bird jesus:

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Set Description

The main goal of this team is usually to get this monster in as often as possible, as it simply does work against every team not carrying Empoleon or something stupid like Specially Defensive Ampharos. There just aren't any other durable switch-ins to Hurricane. Sitting at 121 Speed, the only common threats that outpseed Pidgeot are Crobat, other fast Megas, such as Beedrill and Aerodactyl, and of course Choice Scarf users, meaning it does a fantastic job at cleaning up late game as well. Some people have suggested Substitute over U-turn, but I prefer the ability to pivot out of Empoleon / MegaAmph and the chip damage on Raikou so I can break past it later.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Set Description

Starmie was originally added to the team because I wanted something to completely shut down Entei, which is actually really fucking hard. I was actually pretty surprised by the sheer usefulness of this thing, even though I shouldn't have been considering its been a top tier OU mon for the past two generations. Starmie's role on the team is to try and keep hazards off my side so that Crobat / Pidgeot can do work, as well as keeping Arcanine / Entei at bay. However, using Starmie as the team's "bulky" water comes at the cost of having to predict around Darmanitan's U-turn's, luck luckily that isn't so common any more. EVs are to beat base Speed 110's, such as Froslass, with the rest used to maximize its ability to tank Entei.

Important Calcs:

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Starmie: 143-169: 44.2 - 52.3%
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Starmie: 134-158: 41.4 - 48.9%

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Set Description

Krookodile is something I actually had never used on a serious team before, don't know why, just hadn't. Turns out its the most important team member here, though, as its ability to pursuit trap both Ghost-types and Jirachi, as well as dealing with Blissey pretty well, are all pivotal to this team's success. Not to mention it is also my Stealth Rock user. Specifically, Krook's ability to trap Ghosts allows both Starmie to Rapid Spin and Snorlax to sweep (it's a mono-attacking set, as you'll see next), while its ability to Pursuit Blissey for about 40% allows Pidgeot to do work vs stall teams. Trapping Scarf Jirachi also lets Pidgeot do work more easily.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

Set Description

This thing is actually kind of absurd. If your team lacks a Ghost-type or a really solid answer like Dragon Tail / Roar Mega Aggron, Chesnaught, or something stupid like Perish Song, you're gonna have to tiptoe around this guy, because it can sweep you in a heartbeat. In the original version of this team, this slot belonged to physically defensive Whimsicott, as an answer to Zygarde, but that version was a bit weak to Electrics due to the already massive role that Krookodile plays, and also stronger Fire-types like Chandelure and especially Darmanitan. But then the UU council banned Zygarde (again) and I decided to give this monster a whirl; holy shit am I glad I did. Solved all the team's problems, gave it a more reliable answer to stall (as a last-mon, anyway, since Celebi is trappable), and a general fuck you to balance as well. Nice bear.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Set Description

It used to be that whenever people needed a Choice Scarf user, they'd immediately flock to Hydreigon, now its this thing. Honestly though, it's not hard to see why: between its bulk, nice resistances, access to both U-turn and Trick, the ever-amazing Healing Wish, and a handy chance to revenge anything below its Speed tier, Jirachi is just an all around good Choice Scarf user. My main thing throughout my teambulding has been to always try and use stuff with utility, and thats why I like Jirachi. 70% of the time I find myself simply switching it mid-game to Trick something and then Healing Wish to Krook / Pidgeot, and the other 30% I just use it to fuck around with opposing Pidgeot. Easily the most expendable member of the team if you ask me.

Crobat @
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 20 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Set Description

Oh what the game has come down to... itemless Crobat. When this first became a thing, I laughed and said I'd never use such a garbage set, but here I am, using a garbage set. The main reason for this is Mega Beedrill, which is such a huge threat that I simply cannot risk getting 2HKO'd by Poison Jab + Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Aside from being itemless, the set is standard, with the EVs being tailored to outspeed Noivern and Mega Pidgeot, always surviving a Life Orb Draco Meteor from Hydreigon, and never being 2HKO'd by Beedrill after Stealth Rock.

Conclusion

Nah, let me jut give you some replays instead:

How to break that really common stall team that's going around the ladder atm: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-201338700
How to beat offense (featuring Pearl.) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-201057899

Final Look

Shoutouts to the classiest :]

This looks like a very good team, I would and probably will steal this team. However, this team is really weak to raikou, particularly aura sphere variants, despite not being that common. Not exactly sure how to fix this, but something you got watch out for. Also, no import?

Shit I should've looked this RMT up before I laddered against you this morning lol.

Anyway, strong team. I'd recommend maybe EQ > Sleep Talk to get past Chandelure (though tbh your team looks like it can handle most variants of Chandy) and not get stopped by Steel-types or get phazed by stuff like MAggron's Roar.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I've been running EQ on it lately cause mega diancie is a threat but once that goes back to BL I'm gonna keep sleep talk. thing is, lax beats all steel types bar like cobalion and escavalier, both of which are pretty rare, even without EQ. it will outlast aggron and jirachi can't break it after a curse. zong is setup bait and luke takes like 30 from body slam and risks getting paralyzed.

if I didn't have pursuit on krook then yeah I'd probably run EQ so Chand doesn't stop it cold but as it stands sleep talk is more consistent tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)