SM Doubles OU Anger Point Team

Anger Point Team

Anger Point Ability: When your Pokémon gets a critical, its attack goes +6 (maximum)

The Team:
tauros.gif
froslass.gif
primeape.gif
smeargle.gif
krookodile.gif
unfezant-f.gif

Tired of Tapus/Legends/Megas Teams i was thinking of a team which could be strong and different. It was complex and took me time but i found this comp which works pretty well. It works in couples, ONE ANGER POINT AND ONE SUPPORT. These Pokémon are not that strong individually, but i can tell i defeated many full legendary teams with this strategy. A different team, that could compete in OU.

This is how this team works:

1- Go with Tauros/Froslass. If enemy outspeed (more than 350), protect Tauros and Icy Wind to slow them.

2- Frost Breath (always critical) to the Tauros and kill with the move you prefer.

3- If Tauros dies, go for the next Anger Point Pokémon and repeat process. If Froslass dies, go with Smeargle and fake out, follow me or wide guard while Tauros kills the enemy team.

4- If this fails, last chance go with Krookodile and Unfezant. If enemy outspeed, protect Krookodile and Tailwind. Then go with earthquake after Unfezant hits Krookodile with Night Slash, and then hit with Hypnosis.

This strategy requires all steps to get done and not miss your moves, because these pokémon haven't stats as strong as the typical OU Pokémon (tapus, legendaries, megas...). But once your pokémon has +6 attack you are pretty unstoppable.

These are the synergies of the team, i mean you should have in the field both of these Pokémon with these conditions.

Tauros with Froslass
Primeape with Froslass
Krookodile with Froslass
Tauros (+6 attack) with Smeargle
Primeape (+6 attack) with Smeargle
Krookodile (+6 attack) with Smeargle
Tauros (+6 attack) with Unfezant
Primeape with Unfezant
Krookodile with Unfezant

Smeargle is not meant to activate the Anger Point, but to protect its partner.

tauros.gif

Tauros (M) @ LeftoversAbility: Anger Point
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Protect and attack. The main Pokémon to get the Anger. Once you get +6 (almost 1200 attack) use Return to kill everything (except rock, steel, ghost types), they shouldn't withstand the hit (you can Oneshot Pokémon like Cresselia, Zygarde, Leafeon, Tangrowth, Gliscor, Weezing, Donphan...). Rock Slide is obviously for those Flying Types (Togekiss, Mega Charizard, even Landorus can get a lot of damage from this) and the best thing of this Rock Slide is the possibility to make the foe flinch. Earthquake for electric, fire, steel, rock types), but this move will damage Froslass too, even though sometimes is good to kill Froslass to go with Smeargle (after you got +6), because it can give better support and protect than the first one.
Tauros is the best option for the Anger, because of its good speed (349), but there are still some Pokémon that are a threat if you don't slow them first or avoid its attacks with Follow Me (Scarfer Landorus, Garchomp, Tapu Lele... Mega Metagross with 350 speed, Weavile, Jolteon, Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, Mega Beedrill, Mega Gengar... yeah Megas and Legendary Scarfers are OP).

froslass.gif

Froslass (F) @ Focus SashAbility: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 SpA
Jolly Nature
- Frost Breath
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Frost breath the Anger Pokémon and be as much annoying as you can. Cursed Body is also helpful against scarfers. Once the battle starts, you have to analize what you are confronting. If you can assume some of the enemy team has Choice Scarf or that is faster, the Protect the Tauros and use Icy Wind first. If only one is faster then go with Thunder Wave. Also if you can predict some Trick Rooms or Tailwinds Taunt is a good option. But the main objective is to use Frost Breath over the Anger Pokémon. Once you did it, then go to continue slowing or paralyze the enemy. If the enemy are Pokemon like Landorus, Garchomp or Zygarde just attack with the Frost Breath and that should be kill (these are the only situations which you will use this move offensively). Froslass must have the lowest Special Attack for not hurting much the Anger Pokémon.

primeape.gif

Primeape (M) @ Salac BerryAbility: Anger Point
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Endure

Close Combat to Oneshot anything, endure and Salac to outspeed after getting +6 atk. The last Anger Pokémon i use, because even though Close Combat with +6 attack is completely oneshoting, it can only hit one Pokémon at the same time and the lower defense makes you vulnerable. It has the same coverages as the other 2, but its resistance is pretty bad, that is why i use endure with Primeape and Salac Berry to outspeed. The exact 232 points in Speed are to make Unfezant faster than Primeape by one point, so it can Night Slash Primeape (100% crit) before attacking.

smeargle.gif

Smeargle (M) @ Focus SashAbility: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Storm Throw
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Wide Guard

The only mission is to protect the Anger Pokémon. Fake Out and Follow Me. Wide Guard if you can predict Heat Wave, Earthquake, Dazzling Gleam, Discharge, Diamond Storm... The best support. If your Anger Point gets +6 and you have Smeargle out, you are make sure to kill at least 2 enemy Pokémon. Go Fake out the faster enemy, and if all are faster, just go with Follow Me to protect the Tauros/Primeape/Krookodile while they finish the job. Focus Sash for making it more durable, and Wide Guard is OP if you can predict the next move. Storm Throw is just in case that you couldn't get the crit in your ally, but smeargle is slower that the rest of the team, so this should be the last option.

krookodile.gif

Krookodile (M) @ Shell BellAbility: Anger Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Stronger than Tauros but slower (311 speed), good couple with Unfezant after Tailwind and crit. The only counter to its attacks is Tapu Bulu. It has a pretty good synergy with Unfezant because Night Slash critical won't hurt it that much, Earthquake won't affect Unfezant, and you can also protect Krookodile and use Tailwind to gain that speed boost you need. I use shell bell on it because the KO this beast can give are so hard. Earthquake and Crunch with Stab are oneshot after +6 attack (more than 1300 attack).Froslass can also activate its Anger Point if Tauros fot killed early, but its weakness to ice type will take around 60% of its HP.

unfezant-f.gif

Unfezant (F) @ Scope LensAbility: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Night Slash
- Attract
- Tailwind
- Hypnosis

Night Slash (or Tailwind if need more speed) and go Hypnosis to everything. The last support of the team. This Pokémon only works for Primeape and Krookodile because Tauros is faster than Unfezant. Obviously the Super Luck ability and Scope Lens are to make Night Slash 100% crit. With Unfezant out, use protect in your Anger Pokémon and use Tailwind. After that go for the Night Slash to the Anger or Hypnosis/attract the enemy if it already got +6 attack. It has a good synergy with Krookodile, so it is preferable to let one of your Pokémon die in order to get both at the same time on the field.

Counters:

-Tailwind: In general, any team that can outspeed you is a threat to this team, because we are not talking about resistant Pokémon. In this cases, like Whimsicott, Zapdos, etc, if you couldn't avoid it, the only option you will have is going with protect and paralysis with Froslass, waiting for the wind to calm down,or hitting when you think you are safe.

-Outspeeders and Choice Scarfers: For this strategy you need the Anger Point to withstand one critical of your own Pokémon (around 30-35% hp), so getting hit by the enemy after that is hard cause the Anger Point could faint, this is why i focus on protecting first and going with Froslass for the Icy Wind or Thunder Wave. The Speed of Tauros is 349 and Froslass 350 to for making sure Froslass will go first. The best solution is to protect and Icy Wind of Froslass. The weak point is if then enemy team goes full attack Froslass in the first turn.

-Trick Room: This is also hard to deal with, because some Trick Room Pokémon are pretty dangerous. Camerupt/Torkoal Eruption, Stakataka/Bronzong Gyro Ball. The moment the enemy team used Trick Room you are in completely disadvantage, because this team strategy needs to attack first. So the only option is to avoid the Trick Room. For that, you can use Taunt with Froslass, or another option is to kill the Trick Roomer before he uses it. Usually Oranguru/Cresselia get killed before the Trick Room. If the Trick Roomer is Bronzong/Stakataka go with Kroododile/Unfezant and use Crunch/Earthquake after the +6 anger.
Trick Room depends a lot of the user, if you go with Taunt, but enemy has mental herb, you won't avoid it. If you try to kill the Trick Roomer, but it has Focus Sash, you won't avoid it either. Enemy team with Fake Out (Scrafty for example) and mental herb (Oranguru) is impossible to avoid the Trick Room, so just wait for the Trick Room to end.

-Intimidate: There is no really counter for this. Pokémon like Landorus-Therian (Choice Scarf), Scrafty, Arcanine, Mega Manectric are pretty annoying and you can do anything to avoid it. They will try to switch as much as possible, and the moment your attack goes down, +4 from +6, you will start to notice you don't do as damage as before. In this cases try to kill the Intimidate Pokémon as fast as you can. But i repeat that there is no counter to that if the enemy starts to switch again and again. You can also Hit again with Frost Breath and Night Slash, but that is pretty risky.

VS TEAMS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-731134203 Vs Togedemaru Lv 1 xD (sounds weird but it is pretty annoying)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-731135828 Destroying Legendaries
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-731147763 Random Double OU Battle
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-731150241 Typical Double OU team with Double Intimidate
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-731158239 Against Ubers
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-731632996 vs the Dancing Duo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-731634804 vs Water cancer Uber team

Attachments

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
While I don't know if this will receive any feedback meta-wise, I will say that you have inadvertently provided a little bit of thought for the Battle Tree-playing community. We have discussed the potential of Anger Point strategies once or twice before (though more so for older battle facilities than Tree), and this does give me fresh ideas to work with on that front. The strategy might work better in facilities overall, since the AI is far less likely to "recognize" what you're up to with this team. So, thanks for the writeup and I'll think I'll link this to the Battle Tree Discussion and Records, see what parts of this we can pilfer!

Last edited:
Thanks for your words. I've really put a lot of effort and love while making this team. I discovered the Tauros/Froslass combo on the Internet and i tought how to make a full team following this strategy. After many losses and changing moves, this is the most polished result i have reached.

It all came from the idea of making good teams that were different from the typical OU Pokémon or the ones full of legendaries.

I see your point with the last Pokémon who can have Anger Point: Camerupt. Here, how do we solve its low speed. The only viable way that i see, is to use it with Smeargle (sash). Go for the trick room + protect, and 2nd turn storm throw and attack. It could be ok, but be aware that in the end it is a trick room composition, and in that way we can take more advantage from typical Mega Camerupt with Eruption and Earth Power.

Back in B/W were no Megas ;) However not me and no one i asked could get a HA Numel in this Gen because the Dream World was already closed. But i think for battle facilities where you go for a long run depending on so much setup it isnt viable anyways. I dont know much about OU, but it sounds like a lot of fun to catch unaware people with that strategy.
Edit: Have you thought of giving Smeargle Thousand Arrows? Aside from chip damage it knocks both enemies down to the ground, and all three of your sweepers carry EQ, so this might have its value. In short: Protect + Thousand Arrows, and then EQ and Wide Guard for example. (at least if this move is not too special for Smeargle to learn. i dont know if there are restrictions)

Last edited:
Mmmm that could be an option, because Rock Slide is weaker and 90% acc. Smeargle was in the concept of being more deffensive, but this could solve the problems of accuracy. Wide Guard is OP if you can predict, i am also thinking in King's Shield or Baby Doll Eyes for lowering attack.

Not only accuracy, but in first point making both foes vulnerable to your 6+EQs is what makes Thousand Arrows really interesting. At such a complicated setup one really doesnt want to oneshot only one foe, but abuse spread moves, and Thousand Arrows removes the Ground Immunity.

Smeargle has a maximum of 276 speed. Then i see 2 options, using him as a scarfer or with focus sash. Or even we could include Zygarde haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)