NOC Animal Mafia [Day 7] DL: 22 Feb, 3:30PM PST

-_-

Yes, he was checked by Apricity. No, that doesn't mean he's lock town. Literally, the only thing it confirms is that Moody's role is what he claimed. That means practically nil in the grand scheme of him being town or not. Scum's already flipped a Cop and Neighborizer, is it really unbelievable that Moody's role could be scum? And no, I'm not ignoring the gamestate. I'm trying to figure out what the heck Moody is thinking so I can get an actual read on him and go from there. And I apologize that, apparently, I deserve to be scumread for trying to juggle a quickly-going mafia game where I just subbed in last day phase with the rest of my life while constantly being under a barrage of denouncements and calls for me to be lynched.

/rant

I honestly don't understand why you consider this all to be concrete proof of ~1/3rd of the game's alignment when it's very easy to, yknow, lie in a Mafia game.
moody's role is not what he claimed. he claimed VT.

Scumstumps are rare from my experience but im ngl i have mulled over the potential of apricity+moody as the last scum multiple times and the thought does kinda scare me. Anywho my paranoia aside; 95% of scenarios moody and apricity are of the same alignment.

That being said the lynch today should still be aubisio... so get on it!

I could care less about extend/no extend personally since im p set on who i want today. But extend pls since it'll help proph and hitmonleet will have had another day to stop whining about just being subbed in (btw you have had plenty of time to catch up by now Hitmonleet stop using that as an excuse/defense thx)

thirding the request for extension I've just been hella lazy recently but this gives me more time before dl to mull stuff over.

Also MoodyCloud while I would agree that redirector would seem to fit perfectly in a scum team as you describe, do you really think Blazade claims redirector in that case? since after all, claiming redirector on mafia is massively disadvantageous. I'm pretty sure if I was mafia Blazade would have probably just claimed VT.

Jalmont

Mafia Champion
-_-

Yes, he was checked by Apricity. No, that doesn't mean he's lock town. Literally, the only thing it confirms is that Moody's role is what he claimed. That means practically nil in the grand scheme of him being town or not. Scum's already flipped a Cop and Neighborizer, is it really unbelievable that Moody's role could be scum? And no, I'm not ignoring the gamestate. I'm trying to figure out what the heck Moody is thinking so I can get an actual read on him and go from there. And I apologize that, apparently, I deserve to be scumread for trying to juggle a quickly-going mafia game where I just subbed in last day phase with the rest of my life while constantly being under a barrage of denouncements and calls for me to be lynched.

/rant

I honestly don't understand why you consider this all to be concrete proof of ~1/3rd of the game's alignment when it's very easy to, yknow, lie in a Mafia game.
this seems like an oversimplification of what people actual think about this game but i guess it's not as unreasonable as i thought

i dunno though at the same time you also don't really provide any interesting insights while saying a lot of words (Eg "scum's already flipped a cop and...could be scum" uhhhh yea that's all true but what we want to know is what you think is the case. are you telling me that's a reasonable thing to happen?" a lot of your posts are framed in a way that hedge a lot and while maybe it's a lot to ask for you to be more confident, i have to agree with proph that ur uncertainty doesn't come off very well and makes it seem like you are ignoring a lot of what is happening in this game.

Jalmont

Mafia Champion
Yeah as much as I find a mafia redirector to be coherent with the setup FH is probably town and Leet probably mafia goon here, it is unlikely that they are teammates

lynch hitmonleet
nah I think aubisio and earlio are much more likely to be a contrast - ascetic only makes sense on town if mafia has a lot of roles and vice versa

I could care less about extend/no extend personally since im p set on who i want today. But extend pls since it'll help proph and hitmonleet will have had another day to stop whining about just being subbed in (btw you have had plenty of time to catch up by now Hitmonleet stop using that as an excuse/defense thx)
Yeah, now I at least got a general overview of the parts I missed, might still miss some small things, but I've read up quite a bit more now.

nah I think aubisio and earlio are much more likely to be a contrast - ascetic only makes sense on town if mafia has a lot of roles and vice versa
Yknow, this gives me a thought: If Aubisio is town, does this indirectly confirm the existence of a persuade, and not some trolling messenger? Tho iirc nobody claimed persuasion this cycle, so it would thus mean Knights was a trolling messenger, and so Aubisio makes literally no sense as Town, and would thus most likely be town, and as such, ought to be lynched. Maybe?

this seems like an oversimplification of what people actual think about this game but i guess it's not as unreasonable as i thought

i dunno though at the same time you also don't really provide any interesting insights while saying a lot of words (Eg "scum's already flipped a cop and...could be scum" uhhhh yea that's all true but what we want to know is what you think is the case. are you telling me that's a reasonable thing to happen?" a lot of your posts are framed in a way that hedge a lot and while maybe it's a lot to ask for you to be more confident, i have to agree with proph that ur uncertainty doesn't come off very well and makes it seem like you are ignoring a lot of what is happening in this game.
Seriously, thank you for this. I never get told what I'm actually doing badly, and stuff like this honestly helps me improve a lot. I guess I just hedge a lot and play cautiously and reticently because, as town, I don't have much info, and I hate making a decision if I'm not sure of things. On the other hand, if I think I'm sure of things, I obsessively tunnel that belief, even if it turns out wrong. I'll try to step up and push things a bit more.

To start with that...

Aubisio what are your thoughts as to my theorizing about your role? If you disagree, then why? Do you think the "persuade" was/is real, or no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 1)