NOC Animal Mafia ~Game Over~

Status
Not open for further replies.
the message wasn’t phrased like a typical persuade but it felt better than the chance of getting modkilled

jalmont why would you do that. It’s not helpful to town, at all.
Vote Jalmont

the message wasn’t phrased like a typical persuade but it felt better than the chance of getting modkilled

jalmont why would you do that. It’s not helpful to town, at all.
Vote Jalmont
Tbh doing what he did is probably NAI; the only benefit scum!jalmont gains from it is detraction from the discussion. However seeing as he didnt wanna talk about it as he stated on multiple occassions it leads me to believe that that wasnt his intention (even if it resulted in that regardless). Thoughts?

can you be more specific
With what in particular?

how exactly are they playing differently than usual ?
To be short and just going into a few of them:

-A lot less citing and pointing out specific posts (for example, a good amount of the entries in the readslist)

-Oddly... aggressive, I guess? He seemed much more reserved and more theoretical in JOAT.

-A lot less spampost-y, with more space between statements. Frankly, not much of a strange thing, but it is another difference.

I'm currently feeling a null-Scumlean here atm.

Hitmonleet: Sure, I'm playing differently than a game that I can honestly list as one of my top performances as town of all time, and a game where I was 100% engaged and active in from the beginning. How does that make me mafia?

I do agree that I am less engaged and less active in this game than the previous one. But since I've replaced in, we've lynched two mafia thus far, simply by going through the PoE and lynching the people who are the most behaviorally suspect. I think we're doing well and I don't see any reason for us to change at the moment until we start mislynching.

Why are you null/scumreading me when

1) You're not even attempting to ask me questions in order to determine my alignment, just listing off statements of how I'm different in this game than the previous one

2) I replaced in, stated that Xnadroj and Knights were my two top scumreads, and they both flipped mafia. Am I town who is accurately reading them as mafia, or scum who just decided to throw the vanilla cop and neighborizer on the bus?

Genuinely curious here.

Also, doesn't Jalmont revealing that he's in charge of the persuade make him more likely to be town?

Chances of there being a mafia neighborizer and messenger on the same team: 0
Reason for those two roles being unfeasable together? Its probably obv but game mechanic analysis isnt really my strongest suit

Ehhh.

Jalmont: Can you please explain what you were trying to accomplish, if anything, by using your role in this manner, if you are indeed the messenger?

From reading things it feels like you're using it in a really anti-town manner and I'm just wondering what you were actually trying to /do/ if that makes sense?

can you spell this out for me? why is this not possible?
Like I said, I don't know the game design meta of this forum, but neighborizers/messengers fill the same "role", so to speak, which are communication type roles. Unless Metal Sonic deliberately put a neighborizer AND a messenger on the scum team to screw with modgaming, the role distribution makes a lot more sense with neighborizer = scum and messenger = town.

Im like 90% sure jalmont was just doing it for shits and giggles tbh; from a behavioral standpoint that isnt too far fetched either consider his general tone leading up to that point in the game. Tbh idt i can support a jalmont lynch today

But now I'm kind of unsure, because I can think of lots of ways a messenger type role can be used (sending last will thoughts, coordinating PR actions, etc) and Jalmont if he is what he described is using it in one of the more self destructive ways the role CAN be used, so.

I'm just very confused as to what his motivations are.

What do you gain from.. sending out messages to players saying that there is a persuade type role, but then denying that it exists in the main thread AND scumreading players for it? It's just a very very bizarre line of play to take IMO, and that's why I want Jalmont in here to explain things and explain his mindset.

Im like 90% sure jalmont was just doing it for shits and giggles tbh; from a behavioral standpoint that isnt too far fetched either consider his general tone leading up to that point in the game. Tbh idt i can support a jalmont lynch today
What do you think about Hitmonleet/Aubisio for last scum?

With Aubisio being the ascetic to counter town investigatives and Hitmonleet being the goon

I'd need to actually reread the thread which is not happening tonight (should happen tomorrow) but I feel sort of comfortable with this being the world we're living in, minus a deep scum here or there?

What do you think about Hitmonleet/Aubisio for last scum?

With Aubisio being the ascetic to counter town investigatives and Hitmonleet being the goon
Tbh havent looked at interactions yet but from a setup building standpoint it make sense in my head. Aubisio's role is one that should be nothing more than a named townie in the hands of town (why would you make a neg optional to activate esp with multiple investigatives) and having a scum vanilla goon is i direct counter to nerf an otherwise powerful rolecop in apricity.

OK cool, would love other people's thoughts on possible Hitmonleet/Aubisio scum

I'll take a look at the interactions tomorrow and see what I can find

--

The thing with Hitmonleet that's getting to me is that he's scumreading me but he's not actually interested in figuring out my alignment. He says that there's something off/different with me this game but doesn't provide reasoning as to why that correlates to a mafia mindset. Plus, I'd expect someone who was actually scumreading me to ask me questions in an attempt to sort out my alignment and he has not done that.

Plus, he OMGUS votes me then after I unvote he takes off his vote on me. That.. doesn't feel genuine at all tbh. Like, why would you vote me, then unvote me, then put me as a null-scum lean. Not a real thought process I think?

With Aubisio I feel like he took the bait WRT the Jalmont stuff and is scrambling to find any mislynch he can while his team is being butchered

Not voting yet because I don't want premature hammers before I have the chance to fully process the gamestate but I'm feeling pretty solid about those two being the last scum barring shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)