Media Anime and Manga Thread MK3 - Beware Spoilers

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is Hataraku Saibou still not popular in USA?
Is the high school biology syllabus different from the rest of the world?
A bit late but, as someone with some baggage in biology/immunology, Hataraku Saibou was an absolute treat.
It's actually a very strong contender for AOTY to me, though I feel like 50% of the fun comes from taking what's presented in the anime, comparing it to my classes and going "huh, I studied that!".

The show is extremely accurate to actual biology and I found it pretty funny, so it's something to watch if you're interested in biology and particularly in immunology (though other notions such as microbiology are present as well) and just want to try out edutainment.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Remembered Hisone to Masotan was on Netflix earlier so I picked it back up and watched eps 5-10 and, excluding the possibility of it having a horrendous ending (I doubt it will) it’s easily my non-sequel pick for Spring AotS; really great show that aired alongside a handful of other really good–great shows like Hinamatsuri and MEGALOBOX, and everyone should definitely give it a watch if they didn’t watch it while it aired.

The only reason that it’s not spring’s outright AotS for me is because it was unfortunate enough to air on the same season as the Amanchu Advance, which was consistently 9–10/10 from episode 2 onwards and which holds up as the biggest improvement I’ve ever seen a sequel make over its first season.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I finished the Rakugo show and I have to say that season 2 was much better. It was a lot more eventful, creative, and importantly, animated. A lot less happened in season 1, because they wanted it to be the entirety of the backstory. It really drug out as a result. Also as a serious drama, it didn't really do it favors to be split in half like this. You really gotta view at as a whole picture. So the show was pretty good. I wouldn't call it a favorite. I'd love to see more shows like it, and I think we can do better.

Greed Island is the best HxH arc so far and like many things about the fandom, I don't understand the negative reputation it has. Would you say it's like Skypeia and just doesn't advance the plot? Eh, wrong, HxH has no plot. But Greed Island is the only really cohesive story arc that doesn't waste any time with stupid diversions (assuming you forgive the show's overreliance on training). Collect all cards. Griefers want cards and kill people. Gotta fight the griefers. It works on a more fundamental level than any story arc so far. Even if the game itself is pretty bad, it still makes more sense than the Hunter Exams or the Yorknew Auction.

Monogatari Second Season actually does raise the bar and deliver a much better show. The stories are all interesting and the drama is good in places. Of course, visually and in music the show is still amazing. And I won't ever recommend the show to anyone because I think it's full of pedophilia. Can't just have nice things.

Fun fact: I dropped Hajime no Ippo: New Challengers back in the day. Ippo goes downhill as soon as the rookie tournament ends, but the new show is just bizarelly obnoxious and few of the fights matter. High point is probably Date vs Martinez. I know the show wants the high point to be Takamura vs Hawk, but that's a lose-lose situation. Hawk is too cartoonishly evil to win when it's not like Ippo would ever fight him, but if Takamura becomes world champion then who the fuck cares what Ippo does anymore? We're supposed to care about him eventually getting his rematch with Miyata, but nobody fucking cares about Miyata.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
part 1 of 2 posts

part 1: mid season report
heres the stuff im still watching and my thoughts

Akanesasu Shoujo - this is basically flip flappers with a coherent story and way lower budget. they had a two episode cowboy arc recently and it was completely ftw

Goblin Slayer - love this shit, im a notorious high fantasy hater so it takes a lot to melt my icy heart. and the insanely autistic titular character has done just that. i wish i had as much dedication to anything as this guy has to p0wning goblins.

Ace Attorney S2 - game 3 is good so this adaptation will be good but they had this issue of having both hard and softsubs for 2 weeks that made the viewing experience just terrible. the budget is as low as ever and expect to see a lot of epically bad screenshots of stills.

Jojo Part 5 - its jojos.

Zombieland Saga - maybe my aots so far. either this or the show below it. this show is funny as fuck and has a lot of heart to it too, the latest episode especially added a lot of gravitas to what mostly was a goofball show until now. it just works despite the insane premise. this may dethrone WUG as the GOAT idol anime. but early days still.

SSSS.GRIDMAN - this show is a big love letter to classic tokusatsu shows. and as a toku freak this is some good shit. this is easily the best thing trigger has ever done, and both the main girls are incredibly sexy. this show even cracked the code on how to make use of shitty anime cgi by using it to ape shitty old rubber suit monster battles from old kaiju films.

Boarding School Juliet - LIDENFILMS has done it again! this show is really sweet and one of the more pure romcoms to come out in a while, its cool to have a confession in literally episode 1 instead of dragging it on forever.

RELEASE THE SPYCE - this is the surprise of the season for me, its nothing special but its extremely competent and really wrings about as much as it can out of a relatively lame and boring premise. come for the girls licking eachother, stay for the girls capping people with guns.

Senran Kagura S2 -

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Finished Rakugo Shinjuu season 2 earlier; it managed to improve over the first season against all odds, mostly by just better capitalising on individual events for emotional beats. From the brilliance of episode 4 and its tellings of Jugemu to the moment in episode 6 that brought me to tears for the second time since starting watching anime, it did an incredible job of just really making the most of every opportunity to let you share in the character’s emotions (something that I don’t think the first season ever quite managed to do until the last two or three episodes). Rakugo performances were even better presented (quite an achievement considering the extremely high average quality of performance presentation within season 1) and it also just generally ironed out some of the things that didn’t quite sit with me in the near-perfect first season. All in all I’m incredibly satisfied with it, and if you still haven’t watched Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for whatever god-forsaken reason then get onto it.

If I can add some shit I've been rewatching hataraku saibou and while the actual animation quality has its dips the detail in writing and presentation is absolutely insane, its getting to the point that I read the full Wikipedia page on every cell and concept to make sure I'm not missing everything.

Eosinophils' twintails are similar in appearance to the segmented nucleus of mature eosinophils

Also donate blood, you might save a life

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If I can add some shit I've been rewatching hataraku saibou and while the actual animation quality has its dips the detail in writing and presentation is absolutely insane, its getting to the point that I read the full Wikipedia page on every cell and concept to make sure I'm not missing everything.

Eosinophils' twintails are similar in appearance to the segmented nucleus of mature eosinophils

Also donate blood, you might save a life
Honestly the level of attention to detail in this anime is astonishing.

Source: I had immunology classes

(this post may or may not be biased)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I didn't bring this up in my last post cause I thought it was too important a subject to just dump in with everything else or to double post for

So I watched infamous anime School Days for a laugh and I guess I can't say I'm disappointed, more like confused, because it's pretty good. I kept waiting for it to become bad and it kept not doing that. I kept reading that by episode 4 I would hate everything about it. So to sum up the plot to that point, Ito is friends with Saionji and has a crush on Katsura. Saionji likes Ito but sets him up with Katsura instead of having the courage to ask him out. Katsura is uncomfortable with boys in general and wants to take things slow, but Ito is a ridiculous horndog. So after several episodes of being frustrated, Ito and Saionji are like, hey, we actually get along, maybe we should have been together. And I'm sitting there at the episode 4 climax and I'm like, I believe it. Seems like a terribly plausible dramatic scenario for some high schoolers to have.

School Days is often frustrating and annoying and the main character disappoints you, but then once or twice per episode something so spicy happens and you're just like, wow. So in episode 6, Katsura, who spent two episodes just plain ignoring Ito, gets bullied by a group of girls, one of whom likes Ito. They accuse her of stalking Ito, and she's like, you bitches, that's MY boyfriend. Then she runs around the school halls and tells herself that she loves him just because of pride. And THAT'S when she walks in on Ito and Saionji. End of episode. How could you watch that and be like, this show sucks? Not everyone is gonna like spicy food, but you still gotta have respect for the ghost pepper. School Days knows what its doing. It wants to get a rise out of people, but judging by the shows on MAL's top 100, you'd rather watch dull shows where nothing ever happens.

Now I wouldn't say School Days is perfect. After the halfway point Ito just starts having sex with every girl in school and then a bunch of people get brutally killed in the last episode. So we've definitely stepped away from it feeling like a realistic depiction of horny, stupid teenagers. I know that at this point they're using the show to be critical about harem anime and hentai. Ito is psychologically punished for his manwhoring and ultimately dies for it. While we get an extreme insight into the headspace of female characters, we never get a clear point where Ito turns heel. A six episode show just about the three main characters might have been better, or it might not have been. There are good moments by the end but it drags out more.

Was School Days a bad show in 2007? If people didn't like the main character, love triangles, or edginess, then it seems like there have been more popular and critically acclaimed shows since 2007 that are worse in those regards in spades. We've seen the rise of Isekais and some absolute dumpster fires, yet School Days is very popular as an infamous anime. I give it a 7/10.

Last edited:
I didn't bring this up in my last post cause I thought it was too important a subject to just dump in with everything else or to double post for

So I watched infamous anime School Days for a laugh and I guess I can't say I'm disappointed, more like confused, because it's pretty good. I kept waiting for it to become bad and it kept not doing that. I kept reading that by episode 4 I would hate everything about it. So to sum up the plot to that point, Ito is friends with Saionji and has a crush on Katsura. Saionji likes Ito but sets him up with Katsura instead of having the courage to ask him out. Katsura is uncomfortable with boys in general and wants to take things slow, but Ito is a ridiculous horndog. So after several episodes of being frustrated, Ito and Saionji are like, hey, we actually get along, maybe we should have been together. And I'm sitting there at the episode 4 climax and I'm like, I believe it. Seems like a terribly plausible dramatic scenario for some high schoolers to have.

School Days is often frustrating and annoying and the main character disappoints you, but then once or twice per episode something so spicy happens and you're just like, wow. So in episode 6, Katsura, who spent two episodes just plain ignoring Ito, gets bullied by a group of girls, one of whom likes Ito. They accuse her of stalking Ito, and she's like, you bitches, that's MY boyfriend. Then she runs around the school halls and tells herself that she loves him just because of pride. And THAT'S when she walks in on Ito and Saionji. End of episode. How could you watch that and be like, this show sucks? Not everyone is gonna like spicy food, but you still gotta have respect for the ghost pepper. School Days knows what its doing. It wants to get a rise out of people, but judging by the shows on MAL's top 100, you'd rather watch dull shows where nothing ever happens.

Now I wouldn't say School Days is perfect. After the halfway point Ito just starts having sex with every girl in school and then a bunch of people get brutally killed in the last episode. So we've definitely stepped away from it feeling like a realistic depiction of horny, stupid teenagers. I know that at this point they're using the show to be critical about harem anime and hentai. Ito is psychologically punished for his manwhoring and ultimately dies for it. While we get an extreme insight into the headspace of female characters, we never get a clear point where Ito turns heel. A six episode show just about the three main characters might have been better, or it might not have been. There are good moments by the end but it drags out more.

Was School Days a bad show in 2007? If people didn't like the main character, love triangles, or edginess, then it seems like there have been more popular and critically acclaimed shows since 2007 that are worse in those regards in spades. We've seen the rise of Isekais and some absolute dumpster fires, yet School Days is very popular as an infamous anime. I give it a 7/10.
Has anyone seen White Album 2? It tells the exact same story that happens during the first half of School Days, except it takes the entire show to do so, bores you to tears, and people still hail it as some masterpiece. School Days is, like, infinitely better, dog.

Last edited:

Epikhairz

Anything goes
Has anyone seen White Album 2? It tells the exact same story that happens during the first half of School Days, except it takes the entire show to do so, bores you to tears, and people still hail it as some masterpiece. School Days is, like, infinitely better, dog.
i actually just finished watching white album 2 a couple days ago. idk i thought the characters and conflict were more interesting and developed tho it did kinda drag a little.

but i do fuck with school days on the low lol

also i only see a few people hail it as a masterpiece, dont think the general consensus for it is all that. its not even an 8 on MAL

Martin

Not seen School Days so can’t comment on that but WA2 is excellent imo

School Days gets a bad rap mainly cause, on a surface level, its an anime about unlikable, unrelatable characters, which contrast greatly from most of the other visual / light novel anime adaptations that were out at the time. Most of the reviews I've seen over the years about School Days criticize it more for the characters than anything else, calling the first episode decent, but every subsequent episode awful because what the characters do is unlikable and not enjoyable.

I'll admit that my standards for enjoying an anime aren't exactly high, but I never found School Days to be bad either. Its definitely not something I'd watch for "feel good" moments, but the scenarios it presents are pretty realistic and I think its execution is decent. The first episode sets the stage up almost perfectly, presenting Makoto and Sekai as nice people. However, just like most nice people, these characters get more and more tempted into their lustful desires before succumbing to them. They try to justify their actions by using excuses like "its practice", despite feeling guilty about them. Eventually, when shit hits the fan, Makoto and Sekai try to resolve the situation in a way that would work out best for them individually, but ultimately can't, causing Sekai to get enraged and kill Makoto; an action she almost immediately regrets and pays for. It was some pretty interesting stuff honestly.

Most of my problems with School Days stem from the visual and sound department more than anything else. The animation always felt a step behind most of the other anime out at the time and I was never really too fond of the darker color choices thee anime used. The music was a bit too slow for my liking and combined with the anime's drab colors made it feel boring to watch at points. Still, I think the anime is pretty serviceable all things considered.

This season's shitstorm that people still think is a good show is irozuku look forward to the inevitable dumpster fire that the last few eps will be

actualy thats the bunny girl show
Bunny girls weird for me, I find myself hating the science babble and the big bang theory esque watered down quantum physics that serves no purpose other than to fill screen time. Also whether the setting is good or not a lot of the characters like his little sister are giant pains in the ass and theres only so many times the protagonist can say a zinger about how horny he is until it gets tiring.

Even so bunny girl's mystery aspect is pretty gripping to me. I also see lots of potential between Mai and the protagonist. I get that the show is a wannabe monogatari but I honestly think focusing on one character for longer would do it better.

I've barely been able to watch anything this season but from the first episode of Bunny Girl it did seem like it could be using a Monogatari-shaped facade to hide a lack of substance. Or it might be good idk

I do vaguely remember School Days being a hot topic of discussion back when it aired but I'm pretty sure that had more to do with the ending than anything else, I don't remember it being super widely praised or hated. I never did end up watching it myself since romantic drama isn't my cup of tea and the art looked kinda bland.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
A long time ago i started Oda Nobuna no Yabou but dropped it after one episode (i honestly don't know why i dropped it). A couple days ago i picked it back up and I'm loving it so i plan on finishing it either tomorrow or the day after.

I've been planning to watch both How Not to Summon a Demon Lord and Hanebado for months now but i haven't started neither yet :c I'll start those within the week or so if i'm not stupid and keep them on hold xd. I don't really keep up w the current anime seasons aside from the animes i watch which are waiting for the next season to air (DxD and Danmachi), but i'll maybe take a look at some new shit to see what's up

Martin

Done a lot of media consumption over the past 2 weeks so might as well start here; hopefully im not forgetting anything. Won't be talking about seasonal stuff bc I don't rlly have a lot to say considering the last ep I watched was ep 1 of Zombieland at least three weeks ago, which didn't exactly leave that much of an impression on me; I might give it another ep or two but it doesn't feel like my kinda comedy, altho I can definitely see why people find it funny.

Using hide tags bc big
This definitely holds up on rewatch; visually leaves a fair bit to be desired, although its visual direction is very good and the CGI is largely unintrusive. Actually its direction in general really really good, with the scene in the first hide tag below leaving a particular mark on me thanks to its overall direction making it a contender for "2016 scene of the year." All in all a very enjoyable revenge story with a well executed plot and lots of good moments throughout. I watched the first 2/3 of the ep 1 dub and it was pretty good, although I ended up switching back to Japanese just because Fango's voice acting feels has way more of the good kind of insanity to it in the original Japanese. It's OP and ED are both really good btw; the OP just because it's generally really cool to watch and the ED for the reasons in the second hide tag below.
Fango's death

It shows every character who dies in connection with Angelo's actions or who is otherwise targetted by Angelo on a single shard of glass before dropping a bullet onto Nero, who kills Angelo in the very last scene of episode 12

Yes, that is its actual name and it made me laugh out loud the moment I saw it; it was the main thing that persuaded me to watch it. That and it featuring a stock explosion+metal guitar within the first ten seconds of the OP. Anyway, a pastime of mine that I do every few months is browsing the CRoll library and clicking on some random seasonal from the early 2010s that looks like an adaptation of a middling LN based on its name+banner and watching it all the way through in two or three watching sessions for the hell of it and enjoy doing it; last show I remember doing it for before this one was Witch Craft Works, which I ended up enjoying but which matched my expectations of it to a T.

Anyway, this show actually ended up exceeding my expectations for it, although in the end it was still straddling line between "good" and "decent" when you look at it as an overall product (largely thanks to an arc in the second half which featured multiple consecutive outright bad episodes that can be attributed 100% to the heavy influence of LN high school girls within them). It had a few highs during its run that I came out of feeling very satisfied+reasonably hyped, and the aforementioned horrendous arc aside it never really felt like it stooped particularly low for me either. I also liked the character designs of most of the characters who have any kind of moderate–major level of focus put onto them+of the Bentenmaru crew, although I wouldn't go as far as calling any of them particularly unique (although that doesn't really matter for smth like this imo). It's OST was also largely very enjoyable, especially in context; it isn't expansive by any stretch and you hear them all played multiple times throughout the show's run, but it features an enjoyable mix of electronic music, a few solid orchestral tracks and even includes a reel (Irish dance in a simple time signature) as one of its tracks.

That said, it could've done a lot more with itself than it did. The voice acting was bad (for example, I caught the MC reading the onomatopoia "humu humu" instead of clearing her throat twice). The visual direction felt incredibly weird and cluttered in the first two episodes, with everything from a weird-as-hell dream sequence that cuts immediately from a conversation and has no indicator of it being a dream sequence until Marika wakes up at the end of it to visible cuts between scenes in places, although both of these were things that were fixed from the second half of episode 2 onwards, with it opting for much more conventional visual direction from there on out. Beyond technical issues, the show didn't really do a whole lot to make the most of the context that is provided early on in the series while proceeding to leave us on a "go read the LN" cliffhanger ending which was kinda frustrating. I'd watch the sequel movie to see if that expands a bit more but based on one of the three reviews on MAL it apparently shifts the focus away from the central character onto a Shinji clone which is just like ??? so I don't wanna sour my generally positive experience by watching it.

Overall enjoyed it, although I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it. Looking at it objectively this is probably a 6/10 but I enjoyed it enough to push it up to something I could justify rounding to 7

There are two sides to Yuru Camp: the 10/10 side that features Nadeshiko and Rin on their own and the 4–6/10 side that features literally every other cast member. Those two sides also happen to be the side of something that felt refreshing and ejoyable and the side of something that felt like standard mediocre unenjoyable CGDCT dullardery, respectively. It's honestly a massive shame, because after the first 5 episodes I thought I had found something better than YoriMoi from the winter season, but then every episode from 6 onwards (with the exception of whichever one featured the lakeside camping trip with just Nadeshiko and Rin) was just so lacklustre. The rest of the cast just drag it down so hard it's disappointing.

Overall I gave this a 7 or 8 I can't remember which.

Martin

Uh I hit send when I meant to hit preview oops; sorry for double posting but I don't wanna edit when I'm writing a solid amount more.
Another 2016 show that holds up on rewatch. The best way to describe this is with a few main points:

First of all visual direction; it's not anything hugely original, nor is it anything flashy, but it still undeniably does a good job of highlighting character personalities and emotions when it needs to. There was a scene in the last episode that has stuck in my mind for the past 48 hours since I saw it just because of how impactful it felt despite not being hugely unique; it was a scene where all the background noise—the voices of the crowd at the festival—drop out as we see a firework launch into the sky between Hishiro and Kaizaki before seeing it explode with a quarter-–half-second delay between it appearing and us hearing the boom; it was such a great way of indicating Hishiro and Kaizaki starting to feel emotions for one another, and
having it lead into the time rewind that led to us finding out Hishiro is, in fact, a ReLIFE patient before cutting back to her trying to express her feelings but ultimately being unheard was just so effective in context.
Various cues within the script and visuals also do a really good job of foreshadowing a certain revalation late on in the show's run, although until you discover the wider context it will feel a little amateurish within the individual moments earlier on.

The soundtrack is also extremely good, being my all-time favorite anime OST, and it's integrated flawlessly into the overall presentation of the show too; hearing the music create and release tension with the individual conversations just struck me as really impressive especially considering the show's budget, and the decision to go with a very jazzy OST was just such a perfect fit for the show in context too, being the perfect score almost every single time it's used.

Beyond this it has a very solid understanding of the way that emotions work within the setting of a high school; instead of focusing on pointless angst (with the exception of maybe one or two episodes in the early second half) it opts for a style which focuses on the characters exploring their emotions and learning from their mistakes rather than by creating pointless drama out of everything like a lot of other HS dramas do (although the volleyball injury arc felt like it was kinda leaning in that direction, which is kinda fitting considering it's probably the low point in the show).

All in all it was extremely satisfying while being well adapted based on what I've read of the comic.

And then there's the OVA.

While I had a lot of positive things to say about the OVA when I first watched it around 6 months ago, I think the fact that I saw it not-two-years after the show this time around made its issues a lot more apparent. None of the music is scene specific anymore, meaning that the same nuance that had existed within the main show was lost, and the decision to stop rendering background characters (instead favoring for red and blue silhouettes for all nameless cast members in most scenes) just felt extremely jarring when coming straight from the fully-rendered main series; I'm sure that it's a cost-cutting thing but it just didn't work. In general you can tell the budget was lower on this actually, although IG that's to be expected from a sequel OVA. I've also heard that it adapts 1/3 to 1/2 of the manga in 4 episodes which is extremely bad, and it did feel rather rushed when watching it, but I haven't actually read that far into the manga yet so I can't confirm or deny whether it's actually the case. That said I still enjoyed it; definitely recommend waiting a few months before watching it though so that it acts as a nice re-visit to the characters.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ThatCrazyRussian

Any manga /manhwa buffs want to give me new stuff to read? I just finished Tokyo Ghoul / Re and was particularly enthralled (Re was kinda shitty tbh it just lagged on indefinitely for almost the entirety of it. Either Kaneki didnt get his memories back in time and i didnt give two shits about the ghoul investigators or it was just power up after powerup towards the end. they didnt touch on like any of the insanity shit that they did in the first one which really disappointed me because that was what I LOVED about Tokyo Ghoul). I'm looking for new stuff to read in between the weekly Tower of God releases (which I highly recommend people pick up AGAIN).

I don't really watch anime anymore, might watch evangelion when it comes out on netflix or finish attack on titan or something, but manga is something I still try to keep up with from time to time. I'm open to reading stuff that I have already watched, which you can see my list here although it hasn't really been updated in forever so I'm sure there are a ton of shows I've seen in the offhand or episodes or stuff i've dropped.

already plan to try to get into Monster, re-read Naruto and Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist, rereading through berserk right now, reading the Death Note manga and hoping its better or at least as good, and maybe The Breaker because I've heard its good. Not necessarily looking for anything acclaimed but more so just looking for something to pass the time and can hold my attention. not looking for any life changing experience as you can probably tell from the list i just gave above but just something entertaining. kinda wanted to read hunter x hunter but from what ive seen teh art is garbage and i'm not gonna sit through that its not worth it

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
uzumaki is good and weird and youll finally get the punchline to my frodank slurp thread

Reactions: tcr

RODAN

Banned deucer.
https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/ThatCrazyRussian

Any manga /manhwa buffs want to give me new stuff to read? I just finished Tokyo Ghoul / Re and was particularly enthralled (Re was kinda shitty tbh it just lagged on indefinitely for almost the entirety of it. Either Kaneki didnt get his memories back in time and i didnt give two shits about the ghoul investigators or it was just power up after powerup towards the end. they didnt touch on like any of the insanity shit that they did in the first one which really disappointed me because that was what I LOVED about Tokyo Ghoul). I'm looking for new stuff to read in between the weekly Tower of God releases (which I highly recommend people pick up AGAIN).

I don't really watch anime anymore, might watch evangelion when it comes out on netflix or finish attack on titan or something, but manga is something I still try to keep up with from time to time. I'm open to reading stuff that I have already watched, which you can see my list here although it hasn't really been updated in forever so I'm sure there are a ton of shows I've seen in the offhand or episodes or stuff i've dropped.

already plan to try to get into Monster, re-read Naruto and Shaman King, Fullmetal Alchemist, rereading through berserk right now, reading the Death Note manga and hoping its better or at least as good, and maybe The Breaker because I've heard its good. Not necessarily looking for anything acclaimed but more so just looking for something to pass the time and can hold my attention. not looking for any life changing experience as you can probably tell from the list i just gave above but just something entertaining. kinda wanted to read hunter x hunter but from what ive seen teh art is garbage and i'm not gonna sit through that its not worth it
onani master kurosawa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)