Pokémon Annihilape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Annihilape's popularity, everybody just uses this mon with choice or with 2 status moves. But, would it still be viable in OU without running choice or double status moves and making sure that it wouldn't fall down to UU like with Baxcalibur??

Bulk Up + 3 Attacks
Annihilape @ Leftovers/Punching Glove
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 or 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
Tera Type: Fighting/Ghost/Steel
- Drain Punch/Close Combat
- Rage Fist
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Using Bulk Up + Drain Punch/Rage Fist does great damage alongside its incredible defense spread of 110/80/90. You can never go wrong with Leftovers, but Punching Glove gives a solid x1.1 boost for all punching moves without making contact which you don't have to worry about Glimmora's Toxic Debris. Drain Punch hits very well combined with Bulk Up while restoring plenty of HP. Close Combat is also an option, but lowering its defenses is quite costly and it ruins the purpose of having Bulk Up. Ice Punch hits like a damn truck against Grachomp, Dragonite, and flying types.

All-Out Attacker
Annihilape @ Weakness Policy/Rocky Helmet/Punching Glove
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 or 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
Tera Type: Fighting/Ghost/Steel
- Drain Punch/Close Combat
- Rage Fist
- Ice Punch
- U-turn/Gunk Shot

Weakness Policy is a very good consideration since there are almost no mons that can 1HKO it which depletes the necessity of its Defiant ability and replacing it with Vital Spirit to check Breloom. Rocky Helmet combined with Drain Punch punishes common physical attackers and can strike back with enough force. U-turn can be used as a bulky pivot to effectively hit psychic types and mons that mismatch it. Gunk Shot is an alternative to smash fairy types like Azumarill and Hatterene.

I wonder if Annihilape with these 2 movesets would still be better than mons like Ceruledge. I’m uncertain what to do about the EV spread, but let me know what y’all think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)