Tournament Announcing a $200 Prize Pool XY DOU Tournament! [not the signup thread]

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor

In a couple weeks, signups for The BAg$ of Money XY DOU a $200 Prize Pool XY DOU Tournament will be posted! Funded by your beloved tierleaders, as well as a smol contribution from yours truly, in this thread are all the details you need to know about this 2/5ths Compromise!

What is XY Doubles?
You can find the rule set and metagame discussion, as well as other resources here.
When will the tour start?
Signups will be posted Feb. 11th
Who is eligible to enter?
Anyone not currently tour-banned. Entry is free!
What is the tournament format?

The tournament will be 2 week rounds, bo3 single elimination. There will be staggered rounds similarly to last tour.
How is the prize pool distributed?
1st place: $100,
2nd place: $50,
3rd & 4th place: $25.
Who's running the tournament? Who can I yell at about not getting my activity win?
I will be hosting the tournament, with close guidance from the DOU tierleaders.

This thread is also doubling as the meme/hype thread! Feel free to also discuss in the #oldgens channel of the Doubles Discord.

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Since this isn't in the XY resources link, I figured I should remind those that haven't played XY in a while about the different mechanics from SM
  • THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE: Turn order mega changes. Megas do not gain their speed the turn they mega evolve. For example, on the turn that Diancie mega evolves, it will still have base 50 speed so it won't outspeed like a Kyurem-B until the turn after. This also effects abilities that affects turn order, such as Prankster or Swift Swim. I don't expect anyone to use Mega Banette but if you do, it does not gain Prankster priority boost until the turn after it megas. This also applies to Mega Swampert, you will not get the Swift Swim boost in rain until the turn after it megas.
  • Parental Bond's second hit does 50% of the original hit. This doesn't apply to moves with set damage so Seismic Toss is still broken.
  • Dark types are NOT immune to Prankster
  • Thunder Wave is 100% accurate and the speed drop from paralysis is 25% instead of 50%
  • Gale Wings has priority regardless of how much HP Talonflame has
  • Burn damage does 1/8th of health instead of 1/16th (so like around 12%)
I believe I covered everything and hope this helps!

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
A few more XY mechanics for those most familiar with SM:
  • Aegislash will always change formes before checking if it was fully paralyzed, flinched, etc. This means if you try to use Shadow Ball but are flinched because of Scrappy Fake Out or Rock Slide, you will still switch to Blade Forme, then flinch. Similarly, if you are in Blade Forme and try to use King's Shield while asleep, you will switch to Shield Forme first, then take a turn of sleep.
  • The super Sitrus Berries (Figy, Iapapa, Wiki, Aguav, and Mago Berries) are not so super in Generation 6, only healing 1/8 of your HP instead of 1/2 (and making them inferior to Sitrus Berry).
  • The -ate Abilities are stronger, dealing 1.3x bonus damage (Pixilate, Aerilate, etc.) instead of 1.2x as in SM.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Here is the Unofficial Post-Jirachi VR courtesy of n1n1

This VR its formatted a bit differently than the typical VR you are used to seeing. Allow me to explain the thought process for this.
Mons in the same tier can be very different, so a single catch-all description is insufficient. Instead the VR below shows the description by the typical play style of mons within the tier. Heres an explanation of each:
  • Bulky Offense: Solid combination of offensive and defensive stats and defensive typing
  • Pure Offense: not to be confused with Hyper Offense, Pure Offensive is similar to Bulky Offense but skewed more toward offense and less toward defensive stats/typing.
  • Support: the defining characteristic of these mons is there effectiveness to offer support and utility to the rest of the team
  • Hyper Offense: Glass Cannons, typically seen with Sash and Priority moves
  • Extreme Bulk: The greatest attribute of these mons is being able to take hits and stall out games if needed

For tier 3 and below check out the Pre-Jirachi Official VR here

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)