ORAS UU Another Mega Blastoise Team (Peaked #2 @ 1757)

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hello everyone. I am here again to showcase another team I made and had great success with, and again, it features one of the most underrated megas in UU, my lover, and best friend, Mega Blastoise.

The Team

Analysis

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Oddly enough, this team didn't start with Blastoise but rather a Doublade and Hydreigon Core. I wanted Doublade since many of my teams struggle with Curselax and Doublade was one of the best counters to it. Also serves as a blanket check to a lot of physical attackers, especially fighting types which are everywhere. It covers Hydreigon's weakness to fighting, fairy, ice, bug, and dragon as wel. Gyro ball is to smack fast mons that don't resist, Sacred Sword for fat normals and darks, and SS for stab priority.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor

Hydra perfectly complements Doublade by resisting Dark, Ghost, Fire, and Levitate grants it a ground immunity. StallBreaker is my favorite set since it allows it to muscle past some checks like Vaporeon, Mandibuzz, and the 2nd most broken mon in UU, Porygon2. Taunt also prevents switch ins from healing on a switch in to a Draco, like Umbreon. Fairies make it miserable but that's what Doublade is for.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Mamo kinda bodies the above core, so I needed something to check it. Cobalion, although it gets torn into two by EQ, forces it out if it gets a safe switch in at least, such as switching in on an Ice Shard on Hydra. SD is to punch holes and set up on stuff like Forry who wants to spin away Cobalion's rocks. Other moves are STABs. Cobalion also serves as my Beedrill switch in. Doublade is a back up but hates Knock Off and is more easily worn down.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Standard Reuniclus set switches in and sets up on most Scald spammers, Cress, etc. Shadow Ball over Focus Blast because fuck Focus Blast and Doubalde was a problem. Reuniclus was chosen as well to handle stall since fat cores like Blissey + Alomomola were hard to break. Having another fighting resist was necessary since every team needs at least 2.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 152 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

The man. The myth. The legend. Blastoise is the only spinner UU has that isn't a passive piece of trash. It reaches 405 SpA and has pseudoSTAB on DPulse and Aura Sphere due to its ability. It's fat as hell, has few switch ins, and hits like a truck. He beats every relevant rocker in UU except Blissey. Ice Beam can be run over Aura Sphere but then you lose out on beating Emp which can set rocks, and Blastoise is supposed to prevent rocks from being set. Aura Sphere also allows you to smash P2, which is broken af, and Umbreon on the switch, and KO Abomasnow + Kyurem. Speed Evs make you reach 222 speed, so you out Suicune with 4 speed EVs, which is huge because I can hit it with another Aura Sphere before it CMs

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

I noticed I got slayed by stuff like Gatr, Hydra, Nidos, Chandy, and the most broken mon in UU, Pidgeot. So, I slapped the fattest piece of shit in UU on my team. Simply put, P2 is too good for UU, OU, and perhaps even Ubers. The standard set I pulled from smogon blanket checks almost every threat in the tier and cripples them with T-Wave. BoltBeam hits Hydra, Aero, Mence, Gatr, and Pidgeot hard. Trace lets you hard wall Vapo, Chandy, get more powerful BoltBeams form Sheer Force, and abuse a bunch of other cool abilities. P2 is life.

Aero has NOTHING on Pidgeot. This is IMO the most broken mon in the tier. Even P2 can fall it confusehax shenanigans. I found there is no consistent way in beating this since hax can cause even the strongest Pidgeot checks to fall.

LO Variants are the hardest to face, as P2 walls Scarfers. If it has taunt, then it makes my life even harder.

No switch ins except maybe P2, which hates Knock Off. It also takes a good chunk from EQ, so it can easily get overloaded.

Countered by Reuniclus unless it has Roar. If Roar, then fuck. Hydra can taunt it but if it gets a few CMs up...

Last edited:
Yea I agree... Bump. But if you still want something for pidgey, have you considered Scarfed Darm over Cobalion? I realise it doesn't set up the same win condition, but it sure does annihilate Pidgey with it's STAB Flare Blitz, which coincidently does massive damage to everything in the tier but Suicune. The recoil sucks ass, and so does it's weakness to stealth rock, but a Darm+Blast offensive core coupled with your Doublade+Hydra mixed core works wonderfully.

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pidgeot: 324-382 (105.1 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok bear with me as this is my first official rate but...

I really notice your weakness to the things you mentioned in your threatlist and I have a few suggestions for you :)

My first suggestion can help alleviate your MPidge weakness and lessen the threat Mamoswine has on the team. Since you have an SD mon in Doublade, I feel Cobalion is kind of redundant and while I agree it can be replaced by a Fire-type like llg17 said, I believe it should be a different Fire-type:

Entei @ Choice Band | Pressure
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Sacred Fire / Extreme Speed / Stone Edge / Flare Blitz | Toxic

Entei helps ease your Mamoswine weakness and can revenge kill a weakened Mega Pidgeot with Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed respectively (or status it with a Toxic if it can fight through the confusion hax / hit it on the switch). Entei also gives you an amazing physical wallbreaker which you also lack. While you lose Stealth Rock support, the wallbreaking capabilities that Entei brings to the table is more important for the team imo.

Speaking of losing Stealth Rock, maybe the answer lies in the depths of RU. I am talking about the big bell itself, Bronzong. Bronzong > P2 gives you a solid Nidos check while also being able to take on a plethora of special attackers as you lack a solid special wall. Here's the set:

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Careful | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Stealth Rock / Toxic / Earthquake | Protect / Gyro Ball | Iron Head

The choice for EQ or Protect is to whether or not you want to hit Steel-types vs. scouting for super effective moves and the choice in STAB depends on if you have a problem with SubRoost Kyurem in which case you want Iron Head; otherwise, Gyro Ball is arguably better as it hits faster threats such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl, and Crobat hard. Also while Zong lacks a solid form of reliable recovery unlike P2, I feel the change is necessary if you go with my previous suggestion as you lose Stealth Rock support with losing Cobalion.

Other than that, I feel the team looks really solid and hope my changes help! :)

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Ok bear with me as this is my first official rate but...

I really notice your weakness to the things you mentioned in your threatlist and I have a few suggestions for you :)

My first suggestion can help alleviate your MPidge weakness and lessen the threat Mamoswine has on the team. Since you have an SD mon in Doublade, I feel Cobalion is kind of redundant and while I agree it can be replaced by a Fire-type like llg17 said, I believe it should be a different Fire-type:

Entei @ Choice Band | Pressure
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Sacred Fire / Extreme Speed / Stone Edge / Flare Blitz | Toxic

Entei helps ease your Mamoswine weakness and can revenge kill a weakened Mega Pidgeot with Sacred Fire and Extreme Speed respectively (or status it with a Toxic if it can fight through the confusion hax / hit it on the switch). Entei also gives you an amazing physical wallbreaker which you also lack. While you lose Stealth Rock support, the wallbreaking capabilities that Entei brings to the table is more important for the team imo.

Speaking of losing Stealth Rock, maybe the answer lies in the depths of RU. I am talking about the big bell itself, Bronzong. Bronzong > P2 gives you a solid Nidos check while also being able to take on a plethora of special attackers as you lack a solid special wall. Here's the set:

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Careful | 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Stealth Rock / Toxic / Earthquake | Protect / Gyro Ball | Iron Head

The choice for EQ or Protect is to whether or not you want to hit Steel-types vs. scouting for super effective moves and the choice in STAB depends on if you have a problem with SubRoost Kyurem in which case you want Iron Head; otherwise, Gyro Ball is arguably better as it hits faster threats such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl, and Crobat hard. Also while Zong lacks a solid form of reliable recovery unlike P2, I feel the change is necessary if you go with my previous suggestion as you lose Stealth Rock support with losing Cobalion.

Other than that, I feel the team looks really solid and hope my changes help! :)
Thanks for the comment, but I fear that Hydra will destroy my team since Cobalion and P2 are my only Hydra checks.

I would recommend giving Doublade a Brave nature (+Atk, -Spe) to get a more powerful Gyro Ball. Also, 0 attack IVs on all your special attackers (Hydreigon, Reuniclus, Blastoise, Porygon2) so that Foul Play does the least possible damage ... just in case. Mandibuzz is in UU now.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey bro, nice team. I'd like to suggest using this Blastoise set:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

This set can outspeed Cune as well as give you a guaranteed 2hko on Cresselia, Slowking and Jellicent while having immense power to hit many things hard, also doing more to Cune as it CMs forcing it to rest quicker.

Next, I'd suggest running Focus Blast or Signal Beam over Shadow Ball since you already have a solid Doublade/Chandelure check in Hydreigon and Blastoise and if you run Shadow Ball dark types can come in on you for days.

Furthermore, I dont think you need Cobalion since you have a solid Aero, Lax, Forretress counter in Doublade. Mega Beedrill will be annoying, but P2 and Doublade checks it fine. So I suggest running this over Cobalion

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

This gives you a knock off mon, as well as a voltturn stopper, as well as pursuit trapping annoying threats.

Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)