Another RMT

Howdy everyone. So I've been Wifi battling for a little more than half of a year now and this is my first serious team. Earlier today on PO I won an OU Tournament and a Clear Skies Tournament with this team, but I've noticed that I've been having a problem with Scizor. So, without further ado, here is my team. Mainly looking for correction and feel free to tell me to swap out some pokes.

Metagross @ Iron Ball
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
Here's my usual lead. Good ol' Metagross. I wanted to go with a some what unusual set to throw people off, and so far it seems to be working, with the exception of a Ninetails lead, but I have a counter for that which I will be discussing next. I'm carrying the Ice Punch because quite a few people like to bring in Grass/Ground types on Metagross for some reason. Earthquake, pretty self explanatory, but especially useful for when I Trick Iron Ball onto Skarmory and Rotom. SR and Trick, no explanation needed.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
Lead number two/revenge killer. I've noticed with the moveset that I'm running with Terrakion, I can OHKO a lot of things, and 2HKO everything else. Scarffed Terrakion is especially useful for sun teams. Stone Edge, pretty self-explanatory, great base power plus STAB. EQ, not too set with this move, noticing that there's not a whole lot that this is better for that either Stone Edge or Close Combat can't deal with, but not really sure what other move to put on Terrakion. Close combat, once again, should be pretty self-explainatory. X-Scissor is especially useful for Latios and Starmie, both of which I have found to be very common switch ins on Teerrakion.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
Just the standard bulky DD set here, nothing special. I've found that Gyarados can live almost ANY physical attack, which basically guarantees a Dragon Dance, and after one Dragon Dance, there aren't many pokémon that can take his Waterfall. Stone Edge is mainly to try to hit Dragon Types that may try to wall, but it also pretty useful against bulky flying types, such as Zapdos. Taunt it just to make sure that I won't get Toxiced or Burned.

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar
With this EV spread, the defense and special defense are the same stat, meaning that, bar a critical hit, there are under 10 moves that can OHKO Latias. This means that I can safely bring her in as a wall on almost any pokémon. Calm Mind is great when somebody is getting cocky leaving in their special attacker, or wall. Dragon Pulse, just so I can attack. Recover is useful in the sense that Latias will pretty much be guaranteed to be alive until the end of the match. Roar for when somebody tries to set up.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earthpower
- Hidden Power(Grass)
Heatran with Air Balloon is a great tank. He's capable of taking several hits while dishing them out just as hard, if not harder. Toxic just to throw a status into my team, because every wall needs to be put in check. Flamethower to throw in the STAB. Earthpower is great against other Heatrans and anything that Metagross will trick an Iron Ball to. HP Grass for the common water/ground switch ins.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power(Ice)
As the most frail pokémon on my team, I gave Jolteon Volt Switch to get out before getting hit. Everything with below base 100 SDef, I think, will take over 50% from a Volt Switch. Thunderbolt will OHKO most pokémon that have 75 base SDef and below. The only pokémon that have taken less than half damage so far have been Ferrothorn and Blissey. I'm sure that Chansey and Snorlax would too. Shadow Ball is basically to counter Alakazam and Latios. HP Ice is nice for, mainly, Dragonite and Salamence.

I appreciate any feedback.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
...you posted the same thread twice under a different title... And it's only been seven hours since the first one...

Ignoring the fact that you posted this thread twice, you have an absolutely huge weakness to Landorus and pretty much anything that packs a strong Earthquake due to the fact your team consists of a whopping four Pokemon weak to the attack. If I were you I'd swap Jolteon for Rotom-W, probably a bulky variant with Leftovers and Volt Switch. If you run Bold Rotom-W you'll stand a much better chance against Landorus, just be prudent against SD variants.

Your team is centered upon two set-up sweepers, but you could probably do a better job facilitating a sweep for them. By that I mean someone with a fairly bulky team can just alternate between say Rotom-W, Blissey, and a Fighting-resist and shut down pretty much your entire squad. One option here would be to use CB Scizor in Heatran's place to give you the ever-coveted U-turn / Volt Switch core, which will be helpful to wear down stall to the point that Gyarados will be able to one shot Rotom-W after a DD, for example. I think Heatran is fairly replaceable considering you have a billion ways of dealing with Sun, and Scizor brings a lot more to the table that you need, such as priority to deal with Dragons.

Also run Jolly on Terrakion. Being able to outspeed Modest Venusaur in the sun is one of the big reasons to use Scarf Terrakion.

Ignoring the fact that you posted this thread twice, you have an absolutely huge weakness to Landorus and pretty much anything that packs a strong Earthquake due to the fact your team consists of a whopping four Pokemon weak to the attack. If I were you I'd swap Jolteon for Rotom-W, probably a bulky variant with Leftovers and Volt Switch. If you run Bold Rotom-W you'll stand a much better chance against Landorus, just be prudent against SD variants.

Your team is centered upon two set-up sweepers, but you could probably do a better job facilitating a sweep for them. By that I mean someone with a fairly bulky team can just alternate between say Rotom-W, Blissey, and a Fighting-resist and shut down pretty much your entire squad. One option here would be to use CB Scizor in Heatran's place to give you the ever-coveted U-turn / Volt Switch core, which will be helpful to wear down stall to the point that Gyarados will be able to one shot Rotom-W after a DD, for example. I think Heatran is fairly replaceable considering you have a billion ways of dealing with Sun, and Scizor brings a lot more to the table that you need, such as priority to deal with Dragons.

Also run Jolly on Terrakion. Being able to outspeed Modest Venusaur in the sun is one of the big reasons to use Scarf Terrakion.
Well for some reason I couldn't find the other thread. I also have 2.5 pokémon that take zero damage from Earthquake, and unless it's scarffed Jolteon can take it out with HP Ice. If it is scarfed it will be locked into a move being forced to switch out if I send another pokémon. I also don't see how Terrakion is a good counter for Venasaur just because it outspeeds it. It doesn't have any moves that are super-effective against it meaning that it will most likely not OHKO and a Solarbeam will most likely OHKO Terrakion. If you could explain that a little bit more in depth that would be helpful. Also, I've been using Heatran as a Scizor counter. Without a Scizor counter the only thing that can really take a hit from a banded Scizor is Metagross and Jolteon.

EDIT: Was trying out your team and ran into a SD Virizion and a Jirachi, boy did I miss Heatran.

Hey

A quick rate here is that why use Stone Edge on Gyarados when you can use Bounce. Bounce gets STAB and has overall better coverage hitting things like Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Toxicroak. Also maybe change Jolteon's item to something like expert belt or magnet so that it is not stuck into an electric move that lets a ground type come in for free and ravage your team (i.e. Acrobat Gliscor, Landorus). Expert Belt is probably the best so you can pretend to be choiced into an eletric move then smash that Gliscor with a fucking hp ice.

Hey

A quick rate here is that why use Stone Edge on Gyarados when you can use Bounce. Bounce gets STAB and has overall better coverage hitting things like Ferrothorn, Gastrodon, Toxicroak. Also maybe change Jolteon's item to something like expert belt or magnet so that it is not stuck into an electric move that lets a ground type come in for free and ravage your team (i.e. Acrobat Gliscor, Landorus). Expert Belt is probably the best so you can pretend to be choiced into an eletric move then smash that Gliscor with a fucking hp ice.
I'll try that out. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)