Ansem1013 - OU RMT - Help Move Sets

my 1st RMT, so sorry if it's kinda crappy (I have no knowledge of comp battling except for what I've read here).

These are pokemon I like, and I think can work in OU together. Like I said, this is my 1st RMT, so ALL CRITICISM AND HELP IS WELCOME.

I mainly need help with:
Choosing alternate, better moves. Especially to combat common teams

EV spreads that would work better with my pokemon and what the team does

Items that would be useful. I can't use 4 leftovers after all....
the team:

LEAD - Arcanine "Caesar" @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Intimidate
192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
~ Flare Blitz
~ ExtremeSpeed
~ Toxic/ Will-O-Wisp

anti-lead Arcanine. picked him for his speed. Didn't want a suicide lead, otherwise, Gengar would be here. I dunno which would be better: Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. Would it be better to reduce the opponent's ATK or greatly reduce HP? Also, dunno if 2 Will-O-Wisps would be needed, considering Rotom has it too.

Picked Focus Sash cause it's a favorite of mine for the pokemon in the lead spot.

Suicune "Boreas" @ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
~ Surf
~ Calm Mind
~ Roar
~ Ice Beam

Suicune is bulky and can take any water attacks aimed at my leader or any fire attacks aimed at Forretress or Torterra. Chose this set to work with the entry hazards provided by Torterra and Forretress and possibly sweep with Calm Mind. Picked Ice Beam for the last slot to smack dragons.

Leftovers needs no explanation, does it?

Rotom-C "(not nicknamed yet)" @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Levitate
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
~ Discharge
~ Shadow Ball
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Leaf Storm

Leaf Storm is the reason I went with Rotom-C. I wanted another Grass attack, since I haven't decided on Arcanine's forth move. If Arcanine goes with HP Grass, this'll probably end up being Rotom-H instead. Anyway, Rotom can block Rapid Spin and also likes to inflict status on my opponent's. Discharge has 30% paralysis and Will-O-Wisp burns, alongside the poisoning effects from Arcanine's Toxic and possibly Forretress' Toxic Spikes. Annoy :D

Choice Scarf is for added speed.

Torterra "Akupara" @ Big Root
Impish
Overgrow
252 HP / 72 ATK / 184 DEF
~ Wood Hammer
~ Earthquake
~ Leech Seed
~ Stealth Rock

Torterra, my favorite pokemon. Sets up stealth rocks and leech seed. On top of that, can take a few hits as long as he's not weak to them (but he is capable of surviving with low HP). Not too great a switch in, but decent if a pokemon gets KO'd.

I picked Big Root for him so I can get more HP from Leech Seed.

Forretress "Jericho" @ Shed Shell
Relaxed
Sturdy
212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
~ Spikes
~ Payback
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion

I was given the suggestion of Payback over Earthquake and Gyro Ball, because then I'll have a way to hit pesky rapid spin blockers.

Shed Skin will keep Forretress safe to switch out. Didn't go with something like Macho Brace cause I didn't use Gyro Ball

Hariyama "(not nicknamed yet)" @ Life Orb
Impish
Thick Fat
80 HP / 172 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Force Palm/ Brick Break
~ Whirlwind
~ Ice Punch
~ Knock Off

He can effectively switch in on Forretress and Torterra's biggest weakness, and hen Whirlwind so the opponent can feel the sting from stealth rocks and/or spikes. I wanted a second ice attack, since it's a good attack type. I dunno if Brick Break or Force Palm would be better. Brick Break offers power and anti-barriers, while Force Palm has 30% paralyze.

Because this guy has so much HP, I figured I'd give him Life Orb to boost his attacking strength.

Strategy
Torterra and Forretress set up entry hazards. Suicune and Hariyama take advantage of that with Roar/Whirlwind, make for bulky switch ins, and can deal some damage, Suicune being able to easily sweep with enough Calm Minds. Arcanine and Rotom, help by inflicting status effects, and can also deal out damage. Suicune isn't meant to be the focus, I included him for being a bulky water. Sweeping with one pokemon isn't really something I think this team would do.
Thanks for checking this out and giving me help. It's much appreciated.

all images provided by arkeis.com

Focus Sash on Arcanine. Thunder Fang.

Suicune with Leftovers.

Rotom C with Choice Scarf or Leftovers. You might want to put a few more Special Devense EV's in either Suicune or Rotom, since your other pokemon look like they can handle physical attacks fine already, combined with Will O Wisp Burns.

Torterra I have no clue what you should do with that Item wise or EV wise or even attack wise lol.

Forteress looks fine. His best item sadly is Leftovers also.

Latias looks alright too, but you're not going to be denting anything with her soon.

Your teams biggest problem is that you don't have enough offensive options. I'm assuming you want to use this team by doing something like setting up Suicune for a sweep, or possibly Rotom C. You would do better with one fairly strong Physical Attacker, and one Mixed/Special attacker instead of just trying to support most of your Pokemon throughout the match. If you have something like Choice Band Tyranitar to make dents or Mixmence, THEN you go support a Pokemon for a more thorough sweep, I think that would turn out better.

@Shizzle: I need help deciding on items

I realise Latias can't sweep. considering dropping her. Maybe for Hariyama? Thick Fat makes him a great switch for torterra and forretress. and Whirlwind would be effective too. Any thoughts on that?

How do you deal with DD-Mence (a common threat) once Cune is out? I would suggest this Swampert set to help out by laying an entry hazard as well as another DD-Mence check:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 SpA
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Surf
Good luck!

How do you deal with DD-Mence (a common threat) once Cune is out? I would suggest this Swampert set to help out by laying an entry hazard as well as another DD-Mence check:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 SpA
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Surf
Good luck!
in place of what?

Torterra. Although he's your favourite pokemon, he's weak to two of the common attacking types (Fire and Ice) not really allowing for a safe switch in. Youve already got a Swampert check on Rotom as well, so I would rop Torterra.

Torterra. Although he's your favourite pokemon, he's weak to two of the common attacking types (Fire and Ice) not really allowing for a safe switch in.
that's why I was considering dropping Latias for a thick fat hariyama. He's got the ATK power to hit salamence and tyranitar with ice punch and brick break respectively, and with whirlwind, he can cause more damage

drop arcanine for leadtran or scarftran if you want speed. drop torterra for the mixpert. no need for forretress since your team really isnt hurt by spkes/SR. remove for blissey or a physical sweeper. perhaps SD Luke or CB Scizor.

k, I guess Gyro Ball would be better. Then he'll at least get STAB b4 nuking himself
Gyro-Ball has it's merits, though if you are going to put an attack on Forretress payback is probably the best choice. Due to all the ghosts switching in to block your spin, so you can fight back.

Put Close Combat on Hariyama. Over Palm/Brick Break.
It is much more damaging then both of them, just an ability you can't pass up I think.

Dont put Close Combat on a wall >.>
Hariyama will be forced out more often with CC, besides his other moves get rid of immediate threats, while force palm can give the extra turn with the 30% paralyze, and shut down other pokemon which attempt to set up.

Suicune switches into Ice and Fire attacks fine, so I'd rather replace Hariyama for Machamp. A slight difference but might be more effective subtly as the confusion will surely make people more likely to switch, therefore adding up more damage.

I would also remove Stealth Rock from Torterra, and replace it over Explosion on Forretress. This allows you more room on Torterra and I'd personally go with the standard UU set. There are quite a few teams that don't have a single scarfer (as proven by clicking random teams in this forum) so it could do quite some damage after a Rock Polish.

I also don't really comprehend why you have Arcanine there. If you wanted a Fire type to cause disruption, then Heatran is obvious way better, as well as not having to deal with the SR weakness. But if you want to argue about Intimidate, Salamence will be way better as it's damage output puts Arcanine to shame.

Suicune switches into Ice and Fire attacks fine, so I'd rather replace Hariyama for Machamp. A slight difference but might be more effective subtly as the confusion will surely make people more likely to switch, therefore adding up more damage.

I would also remove Stealth Rock from Torterra, and replace it over Explosion on Forretress. This allows you more room on Torterra and I'd personally go with the standard UU set. There are quite a few teams that don't have a single scarfer (as proven by clicking random teams in this forum) so it could do quite some damage after a Rock Polish.

I also don't really comprehend why you have Arcanine there. If you wanted a Fire type to cause disruption, then Heatran is obvious way better, as well as not having to deal with the SR weakness. But if you want to argue about Intimidate, Salamence will be way better as it's damage output puts Arcanine to shame.
I simply chose Arcanine over personal preference. I think I wil go with Heatran. If I were to take out Hariyama, though, why Machamp? Is having a fighting type remain in that spot a good idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)