ORAS OU Anti ABR's Stall : How To Beat Stall 0-100 #1 Peak Qualfied For OLT Team

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Listen To This While Reading [:

Introduction:
I am going to be honest this build isn't the best or my favorite but it got the job done. This team is relatively broken. Medicham having no switch in's and all and Mega Sableye being usually on stall. It started out as a team that Sabella made. He used Medicham disgustingly leaving body bags behind. So I decided let just buy some body bags as well. Given the teams ability to take down most teams I decided to take it to the next level and make it beat every bulky team. Leaving a 22-0 record vs Stall/Bulky Teams. I just had to make this joint rmt with Sabella. I will be cutting to the chase this rmt as I am short of time [:! I hope you enjoy this rmt and remember don't forget to use it [;​
The team:
MFW I See Stall (Togekiss) @ Shed Shell​
Ability: Serene Grace​
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 4 SpA / 176 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Nasty Plot​
- Air Slash​
- Heal Bell​
- Roost​
Set Details
1. Nasty Plot To Break Stall​
2. Air Slash To Flinch Stall and Make Them Cry​
3. Heal Bell To Preserve Sweep Longevity and get rid of scald burns Medicham may have.​
4. Roost To Gain Help and Stall Out LO users such as lati or Be able to recover volt switch damage but mostly to be alive as long as I can for stall [:​
Usage Tips
Send it out when goth comes in go to T-Tar trap the goth...Auto-Win [:​
Seriously though, Toge vs balance and Stall is one of the last things they wanna face because of its ability to flinch things to death for balance/stall teams their are very few checks for this thing usually they resort to going to goth and bulky flame both things that ttar handles if played smart ofc. Nasty plot Toge is generally a solid Pokemon all around as, with the provided ev spread, it is basically a hard counter to most forms of the Latis, tank Garchomp, and most variants of serperior. After a Nasty Plot, slower steel types such as Bisharp, Heatran, and Ferrothorn have a tough time KOing Toge before they are flinched to death or severely weakened. Also, the fact that it can easily destroy stall once Gothitelle is gone is a god send for offensive players, especially those who are trying to qualify for OLT.​
Breakfast: Goth's (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf​
Ability: Sand Stream​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Jolly Nature​
- Pursuit​
- Crunch​
- Stone Edge​
- Superpower​
Set Details
1. Pursuit: RIP Lati's​
2. Crunch: If They Are Real Enough To Stay In​
3. Stone Edge: Stone Miss
4. Superpower: Gotta stop bisharp somehow..​
Usage Tips
This is your only check to volc, char x without eq, and bisharp. So, if a team has a bisharp and char x well... I already know the end game result. It takes out lati's which helps rotom alot since most bulky teams have lati as the rotom check and one of their few members to outspeed mega cham. This is also the way I beat stall with pursuiting goths for my togekiss [:​
-Tyranitar's roles on this team are a bit overloaded, but it usually gets the job done. Scarf crunch can really help clean late game, sand stream can provide crucial chip damage, and stone edge crits can really help this team edge out some tight battles. It's main role is obviously to pursuit trap things though so definitely keep that in mind.​
Counters? (Medicham) @ Medichamite​
Ability: Pure Power​
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Jolly Nature​
- High Jump Kick​
- Fake Out​
- Zen Headbutt​
- Bullet Punch​
Set Details
1. High Jump Kick: Don't Miss​
2. Fake Out: Practicing Flinches For Headbutt​
3. Zen Headbutt: When there's that Gengar​
4. Bullet Punch: RIP Weavile and Diancie​
Usage Tips
Click HJK. Let's Move On. Just kidding. Medicham is fantastic in this meta. With Togekiss being a pretty darn solid M-Sableye counter, Medicham gets a real chance to shine. When HJK hits, it is the most powerful unboosted move in OU. Zen Headbutt nails fairies, poison, and fighting types as well. Bullet punch is a quick fix to huge threats such as Mega Diancie and Weavile whereas fake out allows Medi to get off its mega evolution and deal incredibly high amounts of chip damage with its insane attack stat.​
- This Pokemon has VERY few switch ins and really helps the teams weaker sweepers such as Scarf TTar, Togekiss, and Latios. Medicham is a solid Pokemon against offensive teams as well with its ability to usually take a neutral hit from full HP and blow something away with HJK. Fake out and Bullet punch can really help against set up sweepers as well, especially ones that lack reliable recovery such as QD + 3 attacks Volcarona.​
Chansey Will Feel My Pain (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers​
Ability: Levitate​
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe​
Bold Nature​
- Volt Switch​
- Hydro Pump​
- Will-O-Wisp​
- Pain Split​
Set Details
1. Volt Switch: Momentum Is Key [:​
2. Hydro Pump: It won't miss..it has 80 acc :P​
3. Will-O-Wisp: Burn Those Sweepers For Days​
4. Pain Split: Legitimate Recovery vs Stall [:​
Usage Tips
You click volt switch. Bring in Medicham on the Ferrothorn. Bring in Tyranitar on the Lati Bro's. Clefable you have Togekiss and Jirachi. Remember To Lead Rotom vs Stall and proceed to victory. Basically, Rotom-W lures in Pokemon that allow this team to gain seriously positive momentum. It's also the teams premier bird and sand check, fulfilling a vital defensive roll. Rotom-W basically acts like the glue to this team. It's not a superstar, but the team just would not work as well without it. Spreading burns to physical sweepers such as Bisharp and M-Lopunny is also important for this team as it does not possess many checks to the aforementioned threats. Rotom-w also serves as a nice defensive check to LO and even AV Tornadus-T.​
Hazard Removal Is My Task (Latios) @ Life Orb​
Ability: Levitate​
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
Timid Nature​
- Defog​
- Draco Meteor​
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
- Psyshock​
Set Details
1. Defog: Spikes? Rocks? What are those?​
2. Draco Meteor: #DropADraco​
3. Hidden Power Fire: Come on Ferro's and Scizor's....​
4. Psyshock: When there's that fairy type.​
Usage Tips
SPAM DRACO....FO LIFE! Get rid of hazards. Bop Some Ferro's. Stay In On Pursuit's [:​
-Latios checks keldeo and electric types to an extent. Latios's Draco Meteors are incredibly strong once Medicham deals with steals/fairies. Psyshock is necessary hard hitting coverage, while HP fire can lure Ferro and more importantly, SD M-Scizor which this team is quite weak to. Defog is necessary as this team can easily be worn down by hazards. Whatever you do, just PLEASE play intelligently around Bisharp.​
I Flinch Real Quick [: (Jirachi) @ Leftovers​
Ability: Serene Grace​
Shiny: Yes​
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe​
Careful Nature​
- Iron Head​
- U-turn​
- Wish​
- Stealth Rock​
Set Details
1. Iron Head: Flinch Some More​
2. U-Turn: Getting Medicham in s nice​
3. Wish: Longevity Helps​
4. Stealth Rock: Some would say best move in the game​
Usage Tips
Isn't this team just so disgusting with a Jirachi and Togekiss. I was nice enough not to run a t waver [: This mon is meant to set up rocks and be able to bring in medicham often more, and help Rotom-W out as well for instance when Lando-T tries to get free switch. When it's all said and done flinching Mega Sableye is fun.​
-Jirachi is this teams premier switch in to the Lati twins. It forms a nice volt-turn core with Rotom-W and can set up Stealth Rock multiple times a game as well as pass fairly large Wishes. Jirachi is a pretty solid answer to most variants of Clefable, and Iron Head flinches can really come in handy every now and again. Jirachi serves as yet another glue to this team being able to switch into M-Gardevoir, M-Diancie, Raikou, Clefable, and Lati@s reliably while it never really loses momentum with access to great support moves in Wish/Rocks as well as Iron Head and U-turn.​
Conclusion:
This team has many threats tbh but I am fine with that the main goal of it was to beat stall/balance teams, and it did that amazingly enough. I do encourage people to edit this team and make it better so I can abuse it again [: I hope you enjoy! My boy Sabella's RMT which pretty much part 2 to this one will be out soon <3
MFW I See Stall (Togekiss) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 4 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost
Breakfast: Goth's (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
Counters? (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
Chansey Will Feel My Pain (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Hazard Removal Is My Task (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
I Flinch Real Quick [: (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
REPLAYS
Me Going "Back To Back" on Tele ;] Grats as Well Mate

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles as required by the RMT rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before posting a thread here. Lock.

Only one comment to make, and that's putting roost over defog on Lati. hear me out, zard y kinda fuck you up so you need a nigga to come in consistently and more than once. so yeah, same with keldeo cuz scald be fucking a yung nigga up and specs secret sword drops that health bar faster than you dropping Draco's.on some real shit tho, only one Mon is weak to rocks and it has roost and the two most common spike stackers in the meta being skar and ferro get ass pounded by medi/hp fire lati so there's enough pressure to keep them from stacking, imo anyways. just my real nigga suggestions, love the team tho good shit

-ya boy Aids on FLEEK

Pretty nice team if im honest, I've always felt that togekiss was one of the most underrated stall breakers out there so its nice to see it get some love. Its really a stall dismantling team and thats what it was designed for so its understandable that it might struggle with some other threats like alakazam (mega and non). I feel like if you changed as Yeezus said Latios to roost and maybe scarf jirachi with this set:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

as it outspeeds kazam, still has healing wish and also contains fire punch for m-scizors which although you have m-chan to take care of if he's down then m-scizor pretty much can dismantle most of the rest of the team.

Overall not much to really suggest or improve with this team, very nice to see it peak at the top of the ladder :)

Team is just rekt by CBB M sciz, weaviles and opposing bp Megachams...i'd suggest running fire punch on jirachi for scizor, scarf scizor with aerial ace (surprise bop factor on incoming keldeo switches) for weaviles/megacham while still ripping the latis and twave instead of wow on rotom to help mitigate the issue where char x click dd and 6-0's u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)