Anti Weather Pokemon

Why in the world would I ever allow by Latias to take a bug buzz.
Because you said: "Latios handles sun teams like a boss".
Well apparently not if the most common abuser OHKOes it.

Scarfwynaut said:
Latias takes those sludge bombs and does about 70%-80% with unboosted Dragon Pulse, certainly not the best counter, but after a few stealth rock hits and life orb recoil, Venusaur is out of the game. And Latias can run HP-fire, in which case it does counter it.
Actually, the calculation would be 106.6%-125.5% from Venusaur's +2 Sludge Bomb. So yeah, it doesn't check Venusaur either. It can't even get off a single attack against Venusaur. What was that about Latios handling Sun teams?

That's for Latios, which is what you originally said. Now if you're gonna change your mind and say Latias...

It takes 76.1%-89.8% from Venusaur's +2 Sludge Bomb. Venusaur has a chance to OHKO you after SR.
Now suppose Latias survives that hit. It does 55%-64.9% with a Sun-boosted HP Fire. So even if Venusaur gets a minimum damage roll and Latias gets a maximum damage roll, Venusaur still wins easily.

Scarfwynaut said:
Your right about Gliscor, but usually Landorus will fire it off before predicting a Gliscor switch when none happens, then I know it has HP-ice and simply don't switch to it.
That's all well and good, but if you "simply don't switch into it" then your Gliscor is not countering that Sand team. So you were wrong about Gliscor, too.

Of course, that's assuming he doesn't out-predict you and end up surprising you and OHKOing your Gliscor later on...

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
Using a mixed RD Kingdra on my team has pretty much been my answer. Typically sets up easily against Sand/Sun and just beats Rain's face in if you're good at what you're doing.

I'm a little bias though since Kingdra is a solid member of pretty much every team I have.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
verbatim said:
Specstoed rain boosted hydro pump vs Wobbufett=71.2% - 84.1%.
most players will be more than happy to have their Wobbuffet stomach that attack in order to remove Politoed from the battle for good and there won't be a thing you can do about it if they come in after a kill/on a double switch. Sure, Wobb can't switch in but Choice Pokemon have long been his bread and butter.

Though it should probably be noted that the new 'standard' Wobb (0/56) actually takes a minimum of 102% from SpecsToed. Your calc is on the 'old' spread (28/252+).

^ there isn't any real need for Wobb to run all those speed EVs it's been doing this gen though IMO, particularly since power creep means everything's hitting a lot harder.

then again, getting back to the topic, Wobb only really has a place on sun teams since of the three (four) sun's by far the most dependent on its weather actually being up. I can't really see non-weather being able to spare the teamslot for such a situational poke.

Volcanora is the most common sun abuser? I thought Venusaur was. Whatever.

SlimMan, I ment Latias, I didn't change my mind it was a legit typo. And I don't think those hp fire calucations are sun boosted.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Shiftry is very underwelming in OU at best. Tyranitar is in the top 5 usage and would monster it.

Wobbufett is uber by the way so why is it becoming the centre of weather counter dissucssion in OU
Shiftry low kicks Tyranitar into oblivion and Wobbofett is BL. He was uber last generation but not this one.

Though it should probably be noted that the new 'standard' Wobb (0/56) actually takes a minimum of 102% from SpecsToed. Your calc is on the 'old' spread (28/252+).
From this, I'd rather run the gen four version, but could you explain the advantage of the new version.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
um I guess I'll c&p the shiftry set w/ calcs.

Shiftry (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 140 Atk / 156 SAtk / 212 Spd
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Calcs:

Leaf Storm vs. 4/0 Neutral Nature Politoed (144.1 - 170.2%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/252 Positive Nature Politoed (87.5 - 103.1%) 19.9% Chance to OHKO, but not many people run this set.

Modest Scarf Politoed'd Ice Beam vs. Shiftry (83.5 - 98.4%) Never an OHKO as a lead. Most people think it OHKOs so they stay in.

Low Kick vs. 4/0 Neutral Tyranitar (139.2 - 163.7%)

Low Kick vs. 252/0 Neutral Tyranitar (117.8 - 138.6%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/0 Neutral Hippowdon (126.2 - 149%)

Leaf Storm vs. 252/252 Positive Hippowdon (97.1 - 114.8%) 83.6% chance to OHKO (but, lol @ SDef Hippow)

Only losses to Scarf Tyranitar and Scarf Obamasnow

I find that using kingdra with dd outrage waterfall and hail counters most weather by either beating it or turning it off. especially against rain as a last move before it dies.

Volcanora is the most common sun abuser? I thought Venusaur was. Whatever.
Volcarona has way higher usage than Venusaur, and it's typically used in Sun, which is why i said that.
But it doesn't matter whether Saur or Rona is a more common Sun abuser because Lati@s can't really beat either of them.

Scarfwynaut said:
SlimMan, I ment Latias, I didn't change my mind it was a legit typo. And I don't think those hp fire calucations are sun boosted.
Ah, I didn't know it was a typo.

And yeah, I factored in Sun. Remember, Saur has 100 base SpD, and Latias doesn't invest in SpA at all. Also, HP's are generally low in power unless 4x SE due to that 70 bp.

Volcarona has way higher usage than Venusaur, and it's typically used in Sun, which is why i said that.
But it doesn't matter whether Saur or Rona is a more common Sun abuser because Lati@s can't really beat either of them.

Well, Volcarona can be used outside of Sun(Even in Rain and Sand easily), but Venusaur is only used in Sun, so...

Anyway, for Anti-weather...try Chandelure. Trust me D:
Flame Charge set with Shadow Ball/Flamethrower/Energy ball + LO can destroy Rain(Nothing on Rain really resists all of that except Dnite IIRC), Sun has coverage issues with it(although Sleep powder and Heatran are annoying), Sand only has ScarfLandorus/Terrakion and T-tar(which SubLure can easily beat...or you can send in ANY fighting type to set up on it <,<), and Hail is lol.

Gastrodon to counter rain is good, however it fails when ludicolo is in it.
Any suggestion to eliminate the mexican pokemon?

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
From this, I'd rather run the gen four version, but could you explain the advantage of the new version.
Jolly 252 Wobbuffet is an incredibly good stallbreaker. You predict a skarm roosting, switch in, and encore it, and refresh the encore every time it runs out until they run out of pp for their healing move, which cripples pretty much any wall. For blissey it's better; you switch in on a softboiled, encore it, tickle it 6 times, and switch in a pursuiter. There's nothing they can do, and you trap and kill their blissey. Stuff like ferrothorn gets its gyro ball encored and either countered back or just set up on. Jellicent gets pursuited. Swampert gets pursuited if you can get in on a SR.

Thats what jolly wobbuffet does.

Ok been running this guy all week for anti-weather and I'm finding he kicks ass:

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid, 4 HP/252 SpAtt/252 Spe

Energy Ball
Flamethrower
Hidden Power (Ground)
Shadow Ball

With proper prediction, this thing just wrecks opposing weather starters and their common partners.

Energy Ball OHKO's most Politoeds unless they're massively invested in Special Defense, HP Ground is for all Non-Balloon Heatrans, Flamethrower is for STAB and Steels and Shadow Ball is for Starmie/Spin Blockers/The Lati twins.

Nobody seems to expect that it's running a Scarf and will happily let their Scizors and Latios eat STAB SE attacks and inducing many early quits.

Anyone else had fun using this awesome Mon?

I've been tearing up UU with a Choice Scarf Chandulure. Only difference between ours is I run Fire Blast and HP Ice. But that's just for play in the UU tier. You are right, nobody every sees it coming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)