SS OU Any advice is appreciated on this team.

I've been trying my hand at Competitive Pokemon recently, and this is the team I've prepared so far.

Ferrothorn :ferrothorn: @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic

Ferrothorn is mainly used to stall out Gyarados, Toxtricity, Rotom-W, and other common Sweepers. Leech seed, Toxic, and Leftovers allows for some proper stalling. Additionally, Pokemon that Ferrothorn has a problem with like Flamethrower Dragapult, Cinderace, can be poisoned/seeded and swapped out as well. Gyro Ball with the 0 IV in Speed can do some considerable damage to the faster Pokemon as well.

Dragapult :dragapult: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Dragapult is my main special sweeper. With STAB Draco Meteor, it can pretty much OHKO most Pokemon who are non-resistant. Similarly, Shadow Ball can be used where that Special Attack drop cannot be afforded. Flamethrower is used for some coverage against Ice Types like G-Darmanitan, and U-Turn can be used in a pinch. Other than this, Dragapult is meant to just KO slower sweepers on the opposing team. It is also a much needed OHKO against Dracovish, which seems so popular in this meta.

Gyarados :gyarados: @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Power Whip
- Bounce

After seeing Dynamaxing, I wanted to take advantage of Gyarados' potential to Dynamax. Setting up the rain with Max Geyser, and +2 Speed with 2 Max Airstream is a pretty good deal. I added the Wacan berry to counter the huge Electric Weakness for an additional set up opportunity and sweep them later. I added Power Whip for some additional coverage against the Excadrill, Rotom-W, etc, who could pose a threat to Gyarados. Waterfall in the rain does some decent damage with the additional flinching possibility.

Corsola-Galar :corsola-galar: @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Strength Sap

Mainly used as a defensive wall, with some Stealth Rock set up. Galarian Corsola is used where Ferrothorn faces trouble. It can effectively be used against Conkeldurr and other physical sweepers. Will-O-Wisp and Strength Sap cripple them, forcing them to switch and along with Stealth Rocks, can do some real damage. Night Shade is used for that fixed damage, which along with a burn, can be used to outlive most Pokemon.

Rotom-Heat :rotom-heat: @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Trick

Rotom-H is usually my starting Pokemon. I see what comes out, and most likely Volt Switch into a resistor. Otherwise, if a Pokemon like Excadrill, Mandibuzz, or Pelliper, come out, I try for the OHKO. Overheat can be used against Ferrothorn, Discharge against Toxapex, etc. I added Trick in for the annoying set-up Pokemon such as Corviknight, or Clefable to prevent them from doing so. Other than this, with a Choice Scarf, Rotom-H probably outspeeds most Pokemon allowing me the first move.

Excadrill :excadrill: @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Excadrill is my backup Dynamaxer and Trap remover. Excadrill can set up a Sandstorm with Max Rockfall and practically sweep with a Sand Force Earthquake + Life Orb. Swords dance can be used for additional damage as well and also can increase sweeping capabilities. In addition to the Dynamax potential, Excadrill can also Rapid Spin for that +1 Speed as well as removing the traps. Excadrill does well against Tyranitar, Mandibuzz, Corviknight, etc. The only time I don't Dynamax Excadrill is when there's another one on the opposite team. If that's the case I go for the Gyarados Dynamax.

Overall I like each Pokemon. But I think the team lacks some synergy. I don't know who to replace and with whom. Any comments and critiques will be much appreciated.

Hello! I pretty much like your team but, why are you putting intimidate to Gyara? Isn't better putting moxie, because allow you to set-up and sweep very well at the same time

And the other one is Excadrill, Isn't work better with a weakness policy or a focus sash and with Sand Rush? with sash and dynamaxing you can resist a fire blast of Dragapult or a Flare blitz of Darmanitan Galar, and then do Max Rockfall and put the Sandstorm, with this you can outspeed a Hydreigon scarf, Darmanitan scarf, Barraskewda, Dragapult, and so on...

Hi! Thank you for your input!
I thought about the Moxie Gyarados but I rather liked the Immediate -1 Attack for Pokemon like Excadrill, Tyranitar, and other Physical Sweepers. But I will definitely give it a try and see the outcome.
Sand Rush Excadrill would cover up its lackluster Speed stat instead of piling on top of the already decent Attack stat. I really like the idea and will definitely try it out! Thanks again

Hi! Thank you for your input!
I thought about the Moxie Gyarados but I rather liked the Immediate -1 Attack for Pokemon like Excadrill, Tyranitar, and other Physical Sweepers. But I will definitely give it a try and see the outcome.
Sand Rush Excadrill would cover up its lackluster Speed stat instead of piling on top of the already decent Attack stat. I really like the idea and will definitely try it out! Thanks again
Moxie gyarados is what makes its dynamax so broken, not intimidate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)