Invalid Any chance we get to try VGC 2023 Series 2 on Showdown before we are able to play it on Switch?

Title.

I think it'd be nice if we were able to try and test the upcoming VGC meta with paradox pokémon before it is actually playable on Switch. I don't believe Game Freak would complain, and since it'll be a metagame we'll be playing for all of February and I guess March as well, I suppose I'm not the only one interested in starting to practice for it already.

So how about it? :)

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The Oceania International Championships are currently slated to be Series 1 rules (I do think it's slightly ambiguous but it minimally appears that way): https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/internationals/2023/oceania/vgc-player-info/

Players must comply with the Tournament Rules. The complete 2023 VGC Series 1 rules and regulations will be posted soon.

A team of tournament-legal Pokémon under Series 1 regulations (see the Tournament Rules and check back regularly before the event for updated rules)
The Series 2 ladder goes live on cartridge February 1, but OCIC happens February 16. There are other Regional tournaments in between February 1 and OCIC, and it is unclear which series they will use. It would not be unreasonable to think they would run the same format as the upcoming International Championship. We don't have any official statements from organizers about what Series will be played. If there are no Series 2 tournaments announced to need to prepare for, it makes little sense to add a ladder before it goes live on cart.

But more fundamentally, the suggestions forum isn't the place for format suggestions.

First of all, sorry for doing the inappropriate there. I'll know for next time.

Secondly, someone told me the metagame got included anyway? :pika:

The thing is, I don't think the only logical reason to practice a new metagame should be to prepare for a tournament. There are newbie people like me who just want to practice to get a good grasp of the metagame, so as to build a good team for when it arrives on the Switch online ladder, nothing more, nothing less. And since it's not an idea for a new, brand metagame, but one that will be with us in a few weeks, I thought it wouldn't be bad if we could already begin practicing for it.

But again, I apologize for doing it improperly. Now I just wanted to make my point as to why I thought it was actually a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)