VGC Any help please? VGC 2015

Hi everyone, I'd like to start saying that I'm new to VGC (I played a LOT in Single, by the way) so please be patient with my team.
So, basically my team is focused on Trick Room, which it may not be the smartest choice since it's very predictable but on Showdown and on my 3DS things aren't going too bad.
Let's start with my setters (I usually select one of them in a match).

Aromatisse @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Misty Terrain
- Moonblast
- Attract

This first choice seems obvious to me, since Aroma Veil is such a good ability on a Trick Room setter.
Safety Goggles are mainly used to counter Spore and avoid hail damage caused by my Mega Abomasnow.
Misty Terrain weakens dragons and gives protection againts status, which is great.
Attract is obvious, and Moonblast to lower special attack and inflict medium damage to fighting, dark a dragon types.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

This one may be a bit messed up, I never used Slowking before and I don't think this is the best set i could use, any suggestion is appreciated :)
I wonder if Eviolite Slowbro would be better and if I should consider a different set.
Anyway the aim of this Pokémon is to set Trick Room and use is bulkyness to inflict damage and recover, while other teammates do their work.

Now my sweepers :

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Ice Shard
- Protect

I though that Mega Abomasnow would do a great work in a Trick Room, since its speed is reduced even more when mega evolves.
This set is pretty self-explanatory and Ice Shard is to finish off opponents, when Trick Room ends.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Another Pokémon which doesn't make me so sure about it.
Of course Heat Wave + Sheer Force is a nice combo and even when this Pokémon aim is to counter Steel types, there are few Steel types that still gives me troubles. (MMawile's Sucker Punch, in particular).
I'm thinking to rebreed him and add Hidden Power Grass to deal with Rotom-W, but I'm not sure.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Now for the fun part : I really like this beast. I mean, 165 base Atk and the access to Sheer Force and STAB Rock Slide would attract everyone, especially because of Rampardos' low speed.
I usually use it with Aromatisse as a lead, Protecting on first turn and then smashing everything later.
This is set is mainly for coverage, i decided to use Hammer Arm instead of Zen Headbutt (which would be boosted by Sheer Force) because I thought a Fightning move would counter more threats (Tyranitar, Heatran and so on) plus Hammer Arm lowers my speed, which is enjoyable under Trick Room, especially against slow enemies. (Mega Slowbro is still a problem though.)

In the end, my Support

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Quick Guard

Hitmontop's bulkyness and useful ability made it gain its role in my team.
Fake Out is rather useful when setting a Trick Room and Quick Guard makes things really easy when dealing with Talonflame (especially when using MAbomasnow as a bait), Bisharp, Scizor, Pranksters and everything that abuses with priorities.
I'm pretty satisfied with Close Combat and Mach Punch, but this absence of power against Ghost and Fairy Types somehow scares me, any tips? (I was considering Gyro Ball).

That's all! This is one of my first posts, so please be patient.
I really appreciate any suggestion and explanation about my mistakes since, like I said, I'm a beginner.
I would also like to apologize about eventual errors in writing (since I'm from Italy) and about my analysis which is not very specific. I tried to describe my team the best that I could though.

Hi there! Although the pokemon you've chosen are actually relevant to the format, It seems as if you've come from singles to VGC in order to try it out; which is perfectly okay! That's why I'll help you in shaping this team so that you'll get the most from it. If you're insulted by anything I say for some reason, I apologize in advance; sometimes, I can be a little harsh with the things that I say. I don't want to insult you, so please think that way.

First thing's first: Mega Evolutions. Now, although many people think it's relevant to run two in VGC, I suggest that you only stick with one Mega Evolution. Why? Well, Mega Abomasnow and Camerupt actually have AMAZING synergy together (like the common Fire-and-Ice stereotype opposites that you may of heard of) and that, if you're in battle, and both are required; one will need to be sacrificed at the cost of having less power and bulk; which, may or may not cost you the battle.

Now, considering the types of pokemon you have here and the power that the two pokemon have, I suggest that you pick Camerupt as your mega. The 4x weakness to water can be easily solved by running a Storm Drain pokemon or a Water Absorb pokemon. Easy! Well, I suggest this because of it's amazing ability and the fact that it almost always will get it up; Offensive Gastrodon with Storm Drain. Now, a base 92 SpA stat seems kinda low, yes? Well, if you add a 1.5x Boost to a 311 Max special attack stat, you have a deadly sweeper on your hands. Furthermore, its nice bulk allows it to give you more resistances with only one weakness; which, is uncommon in VGC except for Ludicolo, Sceptile and Amoonguss, and that the other pokemon on your team can comfortably take hits for it, such as Camerupt.

On another note, I was going through your team and realised that your team had a Rampardos. I would of been attracted to that 165 base Attack as well. But, in a format that has Priority moves everywhere; such as Bullet Punch, Mach Punch and Sucker Punch, you're bound to be dying quite quickly. Generally, people pick bulkier pokemon for Trick Room that can take a hit and dish it out. Why? Because that way, they don't become a dead weight under trick room. Rampardos can be replaced for something more bulky with better utility on a team. I suggest using Hariyama. This singles-NU pokemon has a beefy 140 base HP stat and a 120 base Attack to add the icing to the cake. Its middling 50 speed is decent for Trick Room, which makes it a decent thread. In addition, its access to Guts makes it more of a threat. instead of Hitmontop.

Using Hariyama and Hitmontop can cause problems. Talonflame is the prime example of this, as it's able to Priority Brave Bird the fighters right out of the park. Talonflame can actually bypass Trick Room and completely run over your main sweepers, where it resists Camerupt's STABs and hits these two. Hence, I would suggest getting a counter. Personally, I suggest using Aegislash instead of Hitmontop. Its amazing typing allows for it to add many resistances to the team and to dish out hits very effectively. Aegislash threatens Talonflame with a -2 Attack stat, which means that Talonflame would tread carefully around it. With excellent STABs alone; Aegislash will provide the damage and bulk that your team solemnly needs.

Now, with major improvements out of the way, I have a few minor changes I think will benefit.
1. Replace Misty Terrain > Heal Pulse on Aromatisse, Heal Pulse keeps your ally healthy; adding for a longer onslaught.
2. Replace Attract > Protect on Aromatisse so that its able to ease prediction.
3. Change Slowking's EV spread to 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD with a Quiet Nature and repalce the moveset to Trick Room / Scald / Ice Beam / Protect. Camerupt already covers the fire type anyway.
4. Replace Eruption > Ancient Power on Camerupt to deal with Talonflame better.

----------------------------------------------------
Gastrodon @ Rindo Berry / Life Orb / Mystic Water
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water / Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide / Earthquake / Bullet Punch

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword / Shadow Sneak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)