Other Metagames Anything Goes AG Trick Room Team thoughts?

This team has done me alright, but I can't quite break the 1400's with it, so any improvements would be welcome! It is based off a Gen 4 UU team that I found in the forums but I cannot remember the name of, so if someone recognises it let me know so I can give credit where it's due.

Solbrock (Solrock) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Flare Blitz

Solbrock's purpose is to set-up SR, TR, and then die. Ideally the opponents lead is also going to be setting up hazards so Solbrock can go Stealth Rock first, then have longer on the trickroom. Once both are up Solbrock either Explodes or Flare Blitzes itself to death, enemy dependent. If Solbrock gets taunted well then it's usually time to kill itself unless whatever it is resists both normal and fire.

Padishah Mehmed II (Slowking-Galar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Mehmed acts as a bulky pivot, lots of resistances, boots and regenerator, mean he can pop in and out setting Trick Room as he does. Scald and Flamethrower have great coverage and scoring a burn on an uber under trickroom turns what could be a sweeper into a slow moving weakling. If Trick Room is not up though that becomes priority number one. Without it the team will probably get swept.

Intel(R) Chipset (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Chipset acts as the second bulky pivot for resetting trickroom. As long as it doesn't switch in on a Knock Off, it can tank a good few hits with that eviolite. BoltBeam does a surprising amount of damage, and depending what ability it's traced it can have some additional utility. Bringing it in on an intimidate like Landorus T. usually forces a switch giving free Trick Room set up, and if you score a Serene Grace, Tri Attack under Trick Room is chaos. Between itself and Mehmed the steel/flying types and defensive walls that give this team trouble are usually covered. With no recovery I'll let chipset die if there's plenty of time left on the Trick Room.

Woah Spirits (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Star of the team. Dynamax usually as soon as it's in and sweep. Max Quake 1hko's most anything it hits super effectively, and a lot it hits normal effectively. Max knuckle on an expected switch in to a levitater or bird for the stat boost, max rockfall for a sandstorm and darkness is there to one shot ghosts of any kind like that horrible horse. Once trick room ends though most things will 2hko Woah Spirits, so a last Knock Off or cheeky Earthquake will do. If hit by a knock off then its useless but with that thick club Woah Spirits packs a surprising punch, I've had a few Zacians not switch out only to be 1hko'd by a max quake under trick room.

Mickey T. (Weavile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch

Mickey here, along with John next, are mostly for cleaning up once the trick room party has ended. They're built to hit hard and are scarfed to outspeed many a legendary. poison jab for fairies, ice shard snipes or revenge kills a few dragons, knock off does serious damage to anything that doesn't resist it the first time. Power-up Punch is a last resort that once let me hit through a Kyogre but it might be the weakest part of this set, I'd be open to suggestions!

John Wayne Gacy (Blacephalon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Johno here does much the same as above. Essentially I look at what pokemon they have left and pick a move that will hit the majority of them the hardest, considering the SpAtk boost if I kill a first. Movepool isn't great but I believe this set maximises coverage.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! While this team is an interesting idea, I feel like using teams that are based off of UU teams in a tier where UU mons are so thoroughly outclassed as AG is a pretty bad idea. Almost everything on this team is strictly outclassed by something else (solrock is worse than Necrozma-DM, Slowking-Galar is outclassed by Magearna on Trick Room, Marowak is worse than Groudon, Weavile is outclassed by Yveltal, and Blacephalon is outclassed by Calyrex-S) and there are a lot of fundamental flaws, such as having absolutely no way around Kyogre, having no sturdy Ghost / Dark resist, and having no switch-in to Zacian-C, among a lot of other issues. Trick Room itself is a fundamentally unviable playstyle in AG, lacking the ability to make meaningful progress against most common defensive cores and struggling greatly to set Trick Room up against most of the meta's offensive threats. I strongly recommend that you try using the AG Sample Teams to get a good sense of what sort of mons are viable and effective in AG. Good luck in your future AG endeavours!

don't take anything I said here too harshly; we all start somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)