Other Anything Goes: BURD SPAM BOIS!

Hello fellow players of Smogon! Today, I will be showing a very unique, RMT. This RMT is in Anything Goes! I've created a team that helped me go through it really well! This is NOT a troll thread, i assure you.
This idea was given to me by
Sucker Lunch
Now I would normally put a Teambuilding process here, but there's no need for that!
Let's get straight to the
SQUAD BOIS

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Burd Spam Boi! These burds in a squad actually decimate uber mons! I'll get to that.
Choice Band is preferred to get the maximum damage possible, since many Uber mons in AG have high HP or Def, and it helps getting through leads like Primal-Groudon. Gale Wings is used so Brave Bird gets priority. Talonflame is also fast, so Brave Bird will almost ALWAYS go first!
Brave Bird is the main attack of this set. This move alone decimates many mons, 2HKOing them, if not, then 3HKO. Flare Blitz is here for Steels and things that resist Brave Bird. But then again, Brave Bird still hits resists pretty damn hard.
U-Turn is used rarely, but it's extremely helpful. Now this may seem weird, but if I have a low health Tflame when I switch it in, I can U-Turn out to other Tflames so I can properly attack. U turn also can go to Excadrill.
Me-First. Now this is unique. Me-First allows me to copy the move of my opponent, then use it for 1.5x the power! And since Talonflame is extremely fast, this works well! If I'm down to a few mons, and I'm against something that my Brave Bird won't kill, or I can't afford to use it, then Me-First comes and helps.
If I'm against a M-Rayquaza and BB won't kill, I can use Me-First, since Tflame is faster. M-Ray most likely will go for Dragons Ascent. Then you nail them with a 1.5 more powerful version of it!

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

[See first Talonflame for more info on this set.]

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Now here comes this badass, He's the only one that's not a Talonflame.
Excadrill is quite different, you see. He acts as a small wall, spinner, and alternative for the Talonflames.
Choice Scarf makes Excadrill very fast, and makes him able to use Rapid Spin extremely quick, or kill off a threat so a Talonflame doesn't have to face recoil.
Mold Breaker to hit levitate users with EQ. This also helps against Sturdy leads.
The EV's are a bit weird. I give him max HP so he can take a hit for the Tflames, as well as to switch in so I can spin away rocks. Max speed so I can outspeed basically everything in order to get the rapid spin off. 4 attack just for a small boost. Jolly to outspeed.
Rapid Spin spins away rocks. Now this is VERY important. Talonflame loses 50% hp when at rocks, and reduces it's chances to use BB. Since Excadrill is very fast, I can usually pull it off.
EQ is STAB, and hit's things hard, even uninvested.
Iron Head kills things like M-Diancie. This also has a nifty 30% chance to flinch, so hax comes in.
Rock Slide is just filler, I use it if I face something that troubles the Tflames, and Exca can't handle with it's 2 STABS. So coverage.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-242693845
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-242695007
I made it to 1415 with this team, and it was pretty fun.
I urge you to use this team in Anything Goes sometimes! It's very fun, and it's great if you want to get your mind off some Haxy battles or some undeserved losses you faced over the day!

Till next time,
BAII!!!

Last edited:
This is VERY weak to dancing and Band Mega Ray and Arceus-normal (both of which i surprisingly don't actually see a lot). Once that dancing ray or arceus nabs a boost (252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 234-276 (66.6 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and 252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 135-159 (38.4 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO mold breaker does not ignore strong winds) it destroys your whole team with EQ or extremespeed. i believe i don't have add calcs for them as they hit plenty hard to take out things that are so frail. i also suggest adding a supportceus, because Excadrill isn't very reliable against the most common defoggers in the tier (arceus formes with ghost especially) as they can burn it or in the case of ghost just block spinning outright.
edit: plus is it really such a good idea to have EVERYTHING on your team choice-locked
edit 2: w8 lol those are basically the only few mega ray sets
last edit i swear: hey why is no one answering me still isn't he sorta mega ray weak

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)