Other Anything Goes Domination (Peaked at 2040 / 116-6 record)

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever RMT. With the termination of my reign on the Anything Goes ladder, I'm deciding to leak my team to everyone, after several requests from other players. This RMT was also inspired by my other AG friends, who've made RMT's themselves. Also, this is another sample team for ya'll if you want to try AG out. Out of the several AG teams I've created, this was the final one. I peaked 2040 on the ladder with it, and I also have a 116-6 record on my other alt with it. Proofs shown below. So let's get right into it.

Team at a glance

Team building process

I wanted to create a balance team around Mega-Diancie, since it is so useful in the AG metagame. I paired it with teammates which nullify its weaknesses. Groudon provides stealth rocks, it is also my special defensive wall. Yveltal is physically defensive, to check dominant AG threats such as E killer, Mega-Ray etc. E killer takes the roll of hazard controller/late game sweeper. Steelseus is my wall breaker, since it checks Lugia, Bulkseus, Diancie etc so well.
Groundseus is just extra support, since Yveltal can't always check offensive threats. Groundseus also checks Primal Groudon pretty easily. So let's get right into the analysis of the team.

Closer look at the team

Queen (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

Diancie fulfills the role of a good hazard controller with it's fantastic ability, magic bounce. If played with correctly, it can avoid stealth rocks being set up. It checks Mega-Sableye, checks Rayquaza (unevolved) and adamant Mega-Rayquaza, checks and counters klefki (after scouting for flash cannon), beats skarmory 1v1 (after scouting for iron head), checks Lugia, 2hkos Xerneas (before geomancy), checks yveltal, and most of all, it handles Darkrai considerably well. Since Darkrai usually runs substitute, Diancie needs to play around it. Also, beware of HP-steel darkrai, since it OHKOs Mega-Diancie and almost kills regular Diancie. Diancie is usually weak to E-killer, since it can only 3hko it, which allows E killer to set up. Although, it is EV'd to live one regular earthquake from E killer. Usually, if E killer comes in on Diancie, it is advisable to switch out.

Big Don (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw/Roar

Groundon is the fat specially defensive wall of this team. It's main role is to check Xerneas, especially since Xerneas is such a huge threat to this team. Usually, I can play around Xerneas by paralysing it & spamming EQ to kill it/die myself and revenge kill it. However, if the opposing Xerneas runs aromatherapy, Xerneas can still be a problem, as I will have to sack another mon to kill it.
Hence, I suggest using roar, if you really hate Xerneas and cannot play around it. Futhermore, Groudon also soft-checks kyogre, and counters it well too. Since ice beam does only about 25% to it, Groudon can get free rocks up against Kyogre, and also cripple it to the point where it dies/it is revenge killed by another member of my team. Now, the reason I have suggested using Dragon Claw, is that it catches Rayquaza's off guard. Groudon can phaze it out, but getting damage on Mega-Ray is crucial. It can plough through my team even though I have two walls. So if you want to catch those pesky Ray's off guard, you can run Dragon Claw, which does enough damage to the point where E killer can kill it. Alternatively, you can just phaze Mega-Ray out, either taking damage from it/catching it on its set up.

Ancient Master @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch

So here is my first physically defensive wall. It is intrinsic for this mon to only enter the battle when there are no hazards on the field. This is due to the fact that it usually takes 75% damage from a lot of threats such as +1 Mega Ray with dragon ascent OR stone edge from lum berry E killer. However, if E killer doesn't run stone edge, extreme speed at +2 does only about 50% to this tank. Foul play always OHKO's Mega-Ray. Also, it does about 88%+ to E killer at +2, which is a guaranteed OHKO after rocks. If this mon is play with carefully, it can destroy offensive threats. However, if it dies recklessly and/or is critted, Groundseus is another utility mon which can potentially take care of offensive threats. Usually, since E killer & Mega-Ray in this meta are not Life Orb, Yveltal checks them easily. Also, sucker punch allows it to catch Mewtwo's. This is also the best counter to any Arceus-Ghost. (Self-explanatory) I run toxic for extra coverage, as toxic helps beat other bulky walls.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Defog

Onto the Arceus'. This is the usual E killer, which unfortunately runs defog as coverage since none of the other Arceus' appreciate a Defog on their moveset. Priority extreme speed helps in some situations, as well as SD in a late game sweep situation. It is to defog ONLY at the prime opportunity. As defog can allow other E killers/Mega Rays to set up. The reason I chose Swords Dance offensive set over a Bulkseus set, is that my team doesn't appreciate any more bulk. I needed an offensive mon and also a late game sweeper, both roles which Arceus fulfills. Only problem is that it is crippled as it is the hazard controller too.

Arceus - Cock (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

This is my second defensive wall, which is a good check to offensive mons. It runs 16 speed to out speed neutral base 90 speed mons. This is a great counter check/counter. It also 2HKO's Mega-Ray with ice beam. Takes only 35-40% from Lum E-killer, and simply burns LO E killer. This mon struggles against Mewtwo & Yveltal, so it's necessary to switch out against those mons if you want to save Groundseus. It is also a soft-check to steelseus. I would run defog on this, but no move on this mon is replaceable.

Arceus - Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment
- Fire Blast/Earth Power/Perish Song

Finally, the star of them team. Arceus-Steel. Usually a coin flip mon, since it 2HKO's E killer after rocks; which brings it down to a speed tie between it and E killer. Lugia is useless on the opposing team when this mon is active. It checks Diancie well. It OHKO's Xerneas (without Geomancy) after rocks. It also handles offensive Yveltal to some extent, stalling it out to the point where Judgment kills it. It takes care of Rockseus and Lati twins. Now, let's get into the last move slot. I usually run Fire Blast on my steelseus to beat Ferrothorn, Skarmory and opposing Steelseus', since all three of these mons are threats to my team. However, in case you're not meeting any of these mons, I suggest running Earth Power. Since Groudon invariable scares this mon away, Earth Power can catch a don and potentially 3HKO it. Finally, I recommend perish song in case you're getting bodied by Baton Pass. Since this team has no specified BP counter, perish song is a reliable move to check BP. Overall, Steelseus is a great utility mon to this team.

Expendable Member

Onto another section of this RMT. I feel that Diancie is an expendable pokemon on this team, since its main role is that it's a counter to troll mons and also a darkrai check. However, against HO teams, Diancie provides 0 support to the team, since it is usually out sped and killed very easily. So, in case you want to add more offensive strength to this team, Mega-Ray is a valuable mon to replace.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

I use this set on my Mega-Ray. The main reason for using V-create is that Skarmory just nullify's the true power of Mega-Ray. So it is important for Mega-Ray to have a move that does damage to Skarmory, since it is a great mon in AG. This set fits my team well, and has potential sweeping strength if played with correctly. Also, I run Lum Berry so that I can set up Darkrai / scout for a will-o mon.

Threat list

This mon is a true pain to deal with, since it outspeeds my whole team & does huge damage to everything. Doesn't really have a switch-in, so it wrecks through my team quite easily. Best counter would be groudon, since it lives two hits. Usually, LO mewtwo sets run taunt, so attacking it would be a better option rather than using Thunder Wave. Yveltal is the best mon to check this. However, most Mewtwo's expect sucker punch. On the off chance that they don't, Mewtwo is DED.

Threat threat threat. Usually when this mon is paired with Xerneas, it is a big problem to my team. Kyogre puts a lot of pressure on Groudon. So it important to get some chip damage on it/kill it as fast as possible. Since it takes care of Groundseus and Steelseus, I'm usually forced to pivot into Groudon. If it's not paired with Xerneas, Groudon beats it easily.

No matter how many counter/checks you run for this, it is still a huge threat. Very important to get damage on. E killer usually 2HKO's after rocks. Needs to be played carefully against. Usually ends up putting a mon to sleep. If you're using Diancie, beware of Nasty Plot flinch sets. On the contrary, if you're using Rayquaza, you need to let something sleep, and pivot into E killer/Ray.

Groudon easily takes care of this. However, if it is paired with Kyogre as aforementioned, it needs to be played carefully against. It usually switches into Yveltal, so if you can predict that & double into Don, you can avoid a Geomancy.

Calm mind Arceus-Steel is a pain to deal with. Usually, E killer is the best switch into this. Since it 2hkos with EQ. Unfortunately, you'll have to bank on the tie. If it doesn't run CM, Arceus-Steel takes care of it 1v1.

The best way to wear this bulky wall down is to poison it. Arceus-Steel lives a hit from it, & Yveltal takes less than 50% from an ice beam. So if you can successfully poison this mon, its influence on the game decreases.

This mon can do a lot of work against my team, especially if paired with Mewtwo. (h8 u fr lyf curve)
I suggest pivoting into Arceus-Steel on this, as you can recover stall with it, until it reaches the point where judgment kills. If it taunts you, you can still kill it with Judgment. If you're running Diancie, you can hard switch into this, but it'll do around 50%. One weakness LO yveltal possess is that it dies from +2 extreme speed after rocks. So if you can stall this mon, or just set up, you can take it down.

A huge threat because of its ability. If you cannot break its sash, it's game over. E killer can take care of this if its sash is broken, otherwise, you'll have to pray you kill it before it baton passes.

Diancie takes care of this as well as 6 klefki teams pretty easily. However, if you're running Ray, you'll have to hope you hax your way through. Although, pretty much every mon on the team can check this.

Strong mon. Usually runs sash. If you can set up rocks first & break its sash, that's a bliss. Otherwise, you'll have to play around it.

NOTE: If I missed any threat out, or if you want advice taking care of something, comment below & I'll let you know separately.

Replays

Even though this team has succumbed to the likes of good players at times, it has had massive success too. Here are some of my best games with this team, against top AG players.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-237987920 vs Flowre / Juicy Semen
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-237780237 vs Flowre / Juicy Semen again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-240520489 vs Curve
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-239470324 vs Curve again
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-239479889 vs HunterStorm
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-239233723 vs Zangooser

Importable

http://pastebin.com/1ceyYug6

Proof of achievements

Shoutouts
AG fam:

Hunterstorm- For being a great friend. I've enjoyed all the times we've had, destroying the ladder. I hope we can get back to our old ways. Good luck with college bud. Also, sorry for whatever happened.

Flowre/Juicy Semen- The based lord himself. Thanks for beating me over 450+ times. Psht. Gotta thank you for that tho, losing to you so many times made me a better player. Hope to see you take over the AG ladder again bruv. Easily the best overall AG player to exist.

TheLinearCurve- You're the nicest guy around. You never bitch about luck, props on that. I hope you continue dominating AG. I'm privileged to have had some great games with you.

Zangooser- Great guy, creative team-builder. Good luck with AG bud. Hope to see you#1 one day. :]

Ruud 95- You're way too benevolent to be playing pokemon. You should start a charity my friend. Great guy, great player, great person.

AyyLmao69- You're funny af. Wish I saw you on more. Your teams are lord.

Ahuehuehue, Fripoulle, Shwetabh, Al3xmar5, Sage Hane, Mirror Geisha, nak.b and anyone else who I forgot, thank you guys for giving me tough competition. Hope to see ya'll at Ubers.

Ubers fam:

The Trap God, Ruud 95, Incarnation-Fate, Hunterstorm, Curve, Magssy, The Outrage. Ya'll are cool guys, love being on Ubers with you peeps.

OU fam:

GonxKill/chinj12 , Fh27, Christcrusher. Loved playing OU with ya'll in the old days. Good times. You guys are fun.

Special thanks:
Phoenix Ash, my long lost friend. Thanks for getting me into Pokemon. You instilled competitiveness in me, and I gotta thank you for that. Hope to see you around, friend.

Closing Remarks

I'd like to thank Zangooser for helping me with this RMT. I'd also like to thank the AG fam, for inspiring me to make this RMT, and also for being a great place to be at. Finally, I'd like to apologize to every AG player who I've talked trash to and/or beaten with luck. You guys have been great to me, and I'm sorry for whatever has happened in the past. Also, if any of ya'll need advice or team building help regarding AG, hit me up any time. Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

The Gunner

formerly Enzo Gorlami
is a Tiering Contributor
Joshz, that's not a problem. You can hit me up anytime :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)