Other Metagames [Anything Goes] electriCITY (Peak 1900)

Tapu Koko for?

• Total voters
electriCITY
God's Thunder (神の雷, Kami no Ikazuchi)

Introduction
Originally, it started out as a meme team but over time, a couple of friends noticed its potential, so it turned into a serious-peak-possibility team. It has reached 1900 and I'm pretty sure it can go higher, though, hax catches up to everyone eventually, but if you play it right- with lots of unsound, crazy, ballsy moves- you'll eventually get where I have, too.

While most teams can get through a battle by making nothing but safe plays- which I think leaves lots of room for stunters like me to get freelo- this team benefits from doing the exact opposite, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, just that you simply gain more momentum by doing so. I'd definitely suggest using this team if you want to work on your predict game.
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru's:

Mine:

Teambuilding Process

Tapu Koko has always been one of my favorite Pokémon, and a not-bad Pokémon in general. Sets other builders have used mostly consisted of U-Turn + Taunt, Z-Thunderbolt/Wild Charge, Light Clay + Screens or a combination of one or the other, so I wanted to try something different and the Choice items came to mind. Scarf did not seem optimal, given Tapu Koko's poor offensive stats and poor base power of moves without recoil i.e: Thunder Punch = 75 BP. Band Koko seemed fun, but Defensive Support Pokémon were everywhere, Zygarde in particular completely walls it, and the lack of a Physical Fairy STAB did not do it justice, so I opted for Specs instead, as most of the metagame's tanks are mostly Defensive, Special Attackers tend to hurt them harder than anything the common threats in the meta could possibly throw.

Electric's weakness is Ground, and when I think about Ground-types, I think of Primal Groudon. Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground both do the same job, but I just felt Arceus-Water to be better because Arceus-Ground uses up two of its moves for coverage, limiting the number of Support moves it can run. Arceus-Water also resists Primal Groudon's strongest STAB, and one of Dusk Mane Necrozma's as well, both of which are minor threats late game if everything is weakened.

Here lies team, cause of death: Geomancy Xerneas. Arceus-Poison filled in the slot for the much needed Xerneas check and it's immunity to Toxic was invaluable. It also played the role of the Stealth Rock user, which the team at the time lacked. While it is passive, this Pokémon is crucial to the team's synergy.

Next member of the team was one I found indispensable, Marshadow. It helped take care of what the former two couldn't deal with on their own, such as Arceus-Steel. Marshadow also helped provide speed control along with carrying some priority of its own.

Although the team's Z slot was taken, it was situational. Dusk Mane Necrozma worked as a secondary check for Xerneas incase Arceus-Poison couldn't switch in and it helped deal with stuff like Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre better, it also worked as a late-game sweeper if a team did not have enough priority, and even if it did, you can take it out by playing 50/50 games.

Lastly, the choice for a Mega was easy, the team had enough Fairy checks, and revenging against an Ultra Necrozma was already dealt with by both Marshadow and Tapu Koko so Gengar did not seem optimal. I'm also a player that strongly values priority. Ironically, even though this team is centered around Tapu Koko, it's slightly weak to Primal Kyogre as this team has no solid switch-ins, Mega Rayquaza helped remedy that, although not by much.

The Squad

Arceus-Tank (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs:
232 HP / 240 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
-
Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

As reasons stated above, Arceus-Water covered Tapu Koko's weakness to Ground, mainly Primal Groudon. Ice Beam was changed to Judgment mainly due to Rock Polish variants of Dusk Mane Necrozma sweeping late game, it also made the team less weak to Mega Gengar. Although it does not hit Rayquaza as hard, its bulk is enough to tank two hits and get it at a low enough health by either Judgment or Toxic to then be taken out by Marshadow's Shadow Sneak. Initially, Defog took the place of Stealth Rock, but after swapping their positions as an experiment, it ended up working better than I initially expected. Getting Stealth Rock up was more important than keeping it off as it helped break the Focus Sash of any Pokémon to ensure a smooth sweep without any worries alongside racking up switch in damage, as it chips off common Flying-types in the meta such as Rayquaza and Yveltal. The team just didn't care about Stealth Rock being on our side of the field, and if it was off, that was simply a bonus.
Corpsewood Manor said:
☆EdgarCorpseRabyn: having rocks up would have rly helped
☆EdgarCorpseRabyn: given the frequency of switches
Judgment also hits support Arceus-Ground harder, a minor annoyance, and steel types such as Celesteela and Skarmory who would usually be able to wall it while setting up Stealth Rock/Spikes on it.

Necrozma-50-50 (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser

Dusk Mane Necrozma's ability to Burst and lose its defensive typing but greatly boost its speed is remarkable, in some cases, you can even switch in on Mega Rayquaza's Life Orb Dragon Ascent and retaliate with Photon Geyser which will kill it if Stealth Rock is up, regardless if you Burst or not (albeit you will have to guess if it's gonna Earthquake or Extreme Speed). Dusk Mane Necrozma's Steel typing also makes it another Toxic switch in, letting you set up on Fairies that lack Will-O-Wisp and opposing Defensive Dusk Mane Necrozma, though, those with Thunder Wave are not recommended, as it kills your speed and makes Burst pointless.

MisterStealYoStats (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
N
aive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Pokémon with an unresisted STAB combination by any existing Pokémon, Marshadow can easily pick off weakened teams, and its unique typing makes it a great revenge killer for Mega Rayquaza as it isn't affected by Extreme Speed. Hidden Power [Ice] is a filler move that can be replaced by Substitute, Toxic or Rock Tomb but I have just found it to work best for me as Zygarde can pose a problem if Arceus-Water is weakened.

Arceus-Toxic (Arceus-Poison) @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs:
236 HP / 36 Def / 136 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
-
Poison Jab
- Recover
- Defog

Arceus-Poison works as a secondary Marshadow check incase Arceus-Water was needed for other purposes. Frankly, I don't have the best luck when it comes to rolls, or ever, its Special Defense EVs mainly lowered the possibility of Psychic knocking out Arceus-Poison after Stealth Rock got on our side of the field even more because I somehow always fit into the 37.5% with the other standard EV set, and 331 Speed was mainly to creep Adamant Mega Rayquaza, the extra point was for it to outspeed other 330 creepers, in selective situations where it would be within Poison Jab kill range but lost the tie and allowed it to Recover.
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Arceus-Poison: 183-216 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 232 HP / 136 SpD Arceus-Poison: 174-204 (39.6 - 46.4%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psychic vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Arceus-Poison: 350-412 (78.8 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psychic vs. 232 HP / 136 SpD Arceus-Poison: 330-390 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Destroyer-Mega (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Not much for me to say about this set, pretty standard Life Orb Mega Rayquaza. I prefer Dragon Dance over 4 straight-out attack moves since once it gets a Dragon Dance up, it has a higher probability to sweep than other sets. This also means that once Stealth Rock is up, all Rayquaza needs is to get one Dragon Dance up to boost its speed and it can effectively take out Psychic Surge teams instead of relying solely on Marshadow's Shadow Sneak.

Shocking Charlotte (Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch

This is probably my favorite part. Tapu Koko is one of the best anti-Smeargle leads, thanks to its terrain activation, the rest of the team doesn't need to worry about Spore, and there's no way Smeargle is gonna Nuzzle a Koko if it hasn't been taunted yet, so you can safely Volt Switch into Arceus-Poison and Defog whatever hazard it attempts to set up. Grass Knot is to hit Ground-types such as Arceus-Ground or Primal Groudon who attempt to switch in or act as a safe move as it hits almost everything. Thunderbolt over Thunder due it to the possibility of it missing, and Thunderbolt 2HKOs what you need it to, anyway, so the extra power isn't needed as much. Although it does not have the best bulk, in emergency situations, it can even take a Dragon Ascent from a Choice Banded Mega Rayquaza, however, it's not recommended because it has a high chance to die the next time it comes in if Stealth Rock is up. Since it's one of the fastest Pokémon in the metagame, Tapu Koko also works as a revenge killer for stuff like Ultra Necrozma and Support Arceus formes.
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs.
0 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Electric Terrain: 247-292 (73.7 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in Electric Terrain: 183-216 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Fairy in Electric Terrain: 229-270 (60.1 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
248 HP / 44 SpD Arceus-Steel in Electric Terrain: 220-261 (49.6 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 64 SpD Arceus-Poison in Electric Terrain: 217-256 (48.8 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
236 HP / 136 SpD Arceus-Poison in Electric Terrain: 204-240 (46.3 - 54.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water in Electric Terrain: 458-540 (103.1 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
52 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal in Electric Terrain: 354-416 (100 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal in Electric Terrain: 354-416 (87.6 - 102.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 4 SpD Ho-Oh in Electric Terrain: 366-432 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Electric Terrain: 271-321 (68.9 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 252+ SpD Gothitelle in Electric Terrain: 180-213 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 HP / 0 SpD Mewtwo in Electric Terrain: 291-343 (69.9 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Grass Knot (120 BP) vs.
0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 173-204 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 122-144 (30.1 - 35.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Ground: 272-320 (61.2 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 165-195 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 164-194 (25.7 - 30.5%) -- 56.2% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs.
0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega: 314-372 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma-Ultra: 324-384 (96.7 - 114.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 HP / 0 SpD Necrozma-Ultra: 218-258 (65 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 4 SpD Giratina: 270-320 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 330-390 (78.5 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
40 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 330-390 (89.9 - 106.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 330-390 (51.8 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Tapu Koko vs. Ferrothorn: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst decision ever

Threat Annoying List

Ferrothorn
/forfeit tbh
Literally a thorn in my side, Ferrothorn completely walls half the team and annoys 2/3 of the other half. This can be dealt with by a number of ways, such as hard-reading the switch in to prevent it from setting up Leech Seed or burning it with Arceus-Poison and then setting up with Dusk Mane Necrozma if the situation permits. A patient player can swap between this team's Arceus-Water and Arceus-Poison to stall the Leech Seed PPs, once it's out, either Rayquaza or Dusk Mane Necrozma can come in and set up on it, or Marshadow can get a free switch in (albeit it might not like taking a Gyro Ball) and kill it on the spot.

Arceus-Ground
The closest thing to a switch in is Arceus-Water if you don't count Ice Beam/Judgment mind games. Toxic wears it down pretty easily, and it definitely doesn't like taking a Judgment if it assumes Arceus-Water has Ice Beam over Judgment. Defensive variants with Will-O-Wisp are kind of a pain in the ass but a few sacrifices here and there should do the trick. Calm Mind variants are a bit more tricky, I try to badly poison it, then use one of the Pokémon that outspeeds it to take it out if it hasn't already succumbed to poison, Marshadow, if it has a couple of Special Defense boosts, Tapu Koko if it is within Grass Knot kill range or even Dusk Mane Necrozma depending on how I see fit.

Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma
Oof. Kinda makes both my Tanks useless, but on the bright side that thing isn't gonna do shit if it doesn't burst, and once it does, it becomes much more manageable albeit you will have to sacrifice things left and right. Dusk Mane Necrozma can deal a decent amount of damage to it (If you get the 50/50 right) and get it to Shadow Sneak range.
Please don't sacrifice Koko to this unless Dazzling Gleam kills.

Replays

Personal Favorites

Others

Psychic Spam

[Bonus!] Rare Footage of Fluffie Playing With a Team Other Than His Own
(Another Personal Favorite)

Unicorn if you are reading this I am so sorry if I offended you

Proof of Peak

Shoutouts
Dr 13 - There is just something about the way you build that makes me want to follow suit. I've never seen anyone with builds like yours, I wish you still played, I would love to lose to your memes sometime.

Tic-Tac-Toe Guru - Aye, the very genius that created the Bazooka Bob Squad and of course, the guy which allowed me to use the excellent and most fitting name he gave to Tapu Koko, Shocking Charlotte, from his second most iconic squad, on my team. Thanks! <3

RevengeOfYouth -
[02:44:33] PracticeForAG: Im one of the most powerful meme masters in AG history
Yo! Mr. Self Proclaimed Meme Master! I wanna see you play with this! Accept or I'm calling you chicken!

Silent Mobius - ♪ If I could begin to be, half of what you think of me, I could do about anything. I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true, 'cause I think you're so good, and I'm nothing like you. Look at you go, I just adore you, I wish that I knew what makes you think I'm so special. If I could begin to do, something that does right by you, I would do about anything. ♪

ilovemopghost❤ - Bro, thank you so much for letting me test this on your main and giving me Nexus Ghost★! That alt's luck is even better than Haxgod R, no lie.

Edgar Allan Poem - There, I actually searched this time and made you a Shaymin-Sky, happy? Man, where the fuck are you? I would love to see how you would play with this.

Lipise❤ - You're legit awesome sauce, thanks for letting me test this incognito!

Honorable Mentions
Fuwa Fuwa,
Pokémon Trainer R,
Schuwi,
Smolzilla,
Sir Jakrispy and all those in Team Plasma's Castle.

Conclusion

For the future MemeSquad:
Teambuilding is not an Art, it is a Science. -四天王のワタル
If someone doesn't understand what you do, that's their own shortcoming, so no matter what anyone says, don't ever let that discourage you from doing the things you love and know work.

Don't say to yourself "I knew they were going to do [this]" or "I saw [that] coming ffs", instead, act on it. Don't ever regret making a play, regret that you did not get it right.

Happy New Years and have an electrifyingly good year!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)