AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament IV - Week 2 [See Post #80 on Page 4]

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

(gorgeous art by Albinson)

This is a Type A tournament that will be included in the 2021 AG tournament circuit; learn more about it here.

Welcome to the fourth Anything Goes Ladder Tournament! The rules are pretty simple. Every week you try to ladder as high as you can on a new account, and the top 8 placers each week make it into playoffs. There are 2 weeks and 8 qualifiers per week, leading to a 16-person, best of 3, seeded double elimination playoffs bracket at the end. The primary seeding factor will be highest ELO achieved. If I qualify week 1 with an ELO of 1850 but then Zayele qualifies week 2 with an ELO of 1900, Zayele is still seeded higher (although if there are ties we'll default to week qualified, followed by placement on the ladder). That being said, once you qualify for playoffs you cannot ladder again in a later week to aim for a higher seed.

1. This will take place on the regular "[Gen 8] Anything Goes" ladder on the main Pokemon Showdown server.

2. The qualification period for the AGLT will run for a total of 2 cycles with roughly 7 days per cycles. After each 7 day cycle, the top 8 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) will qualify for the playoffs of the AGLT.

3. Your account must contain a specific tag as a prefix to mark it as an AGLT tag. The prefixes will be random as an extra step to prevent people from guessing what next week's will be and laddering early.

4. In order to sign up, follow the Sign-Up format below and register your account on PS!

Template:
Forum name:
Cycle 2 Alt:
Did you read this whole post?:
Sample:
Forum name: Apagogie
Cycle 2 Alt: AGOFZ4 Apa
Did you read this whole post?: Yes!

The week 2 alt tag will be AGOFZ4. You must sign-up here before using your account to ladder. Alts must be registered on the day of the sign-up post or afterwards to prevent players from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain an unfair advantage. I will be checking registration dates for any qualifying accounts to ensure people don't try to abuse the system. Please only include one alt in your sign-up post for each cycle. It is advised that once you sign up here, you immediately register the account on PS afterwards so that no one steals the account listed. Also, alt names that break PS rules will not be allowed to qualify.

Given that this is a ladder tournament, tournament rules will be enforced. Any person found cheating will be subject to punishments.

Cycle 1 will conclude at 11:59 EST Sunday October 17th.
If you have any questions or queries, hit me up on Pokemon Showdown, Discord, or on my Smogon Profile. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)