AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament - Playoffs (Won by Velvet Blood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
accepting it now because otherwise it'd be annoying, but please don't play sets weeks in earlier weeks
e: nvm i didn't watch arushii's games and didn't assume it was a joke. the point still stands though

Last edited:

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a hard activity situation. On one hand, SwaggerDaggerKid wasn't around over the nebulous weekend period. However, there wasn't a well set time or even a specific day for him to miss. He did contact me independently to ask if a sub would be possible since he couldn't make the times, but then never VM'd zugubu about it. Ultimately the fact that Swagger never apparently followed up with Zugubu and hasn't been around for about all of today makes me inclined to reward Zugubu with the activity win.

Round 2 (challonge bracket)

GarbodorIsHot vs MDB
Satanic Beast vs Dockiva~~
nehtri vs DontStealMyPenguin
Zenithial vs Arushi
Sitonai vs zugubu royale
ADF Test vs Velvet Blood
Fardin vs GRNBLN
FamousVGC vs AnythingGoesLegend

The deadline is Sunday, June 9th, 10pm EST. Replays will be required from this point forward. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
^^^Skarph^^^

My quest for 100 posts continues and only the most quality of posts will satiate my lust. We had some great games, a few upsets, and a set or two that went literally as foreseen. The sweet-16 for AGLT looks to be choice, so let's get into some predicts:

GarbodorIsHot vs MDB - Most people's tournament favorite, Skarph has made it to round two. He's shown the ability to beat SmashPass by simply outplaying (he must have been holding his breath before the Focus Blast animation started), as well as wall the famed SD-Sub Ray (though the Skarm set was a bit suspect). Skarph won't be facing any of that wack stuff here. Instead, his next opponent is MBD. MDB does have the capability of beating Skarph in a best-of-one. The issue is that he's going to have to do it twice to advance. MDB's going to need to use some strong breaking-cores to get around all of Skarph's known teams. Then again, Skarph could very easily just bring random Exca HO. MDB's going need to be able to cover everything Skarph could bring. That is not an enviable position and Skarph may just be too much. Skarph over MDB in 6.

I'm super-picking Skarph now just for that garbage post omg.

Satanic Beast vs Dockiva~~ - As my insight into the future successfully foresaw last round, Edgar claimed the life of an Avenger. Pigeons is Quicksilver in this scenario, so Edgar would be Ultron. Ultron only ended up taking one Avenger so let's see if Edgar will fall prey to the same conceit. His next foe is Dockiva. Me and Edgar have been teambuilding to specifically beat Dockiva, so he theoretically should have it. Dockiva's a menace to society with gross-ass balances however, so Edgar still needs to watch out.

nehtri vs DontStealMyPenguin - Being that no one appears to be posting their games (except for Zen+Loti s/o), this series is going to be difficult to fully assess. DSMP used lord para-spam in his one visible game. He's known for using teams just completely MRSA-infested, but then like randomly using hard-balance. It's terrible. The worst part is that DSMP is actually a good player too. He's entirely competent and knows how to make plays. nehtri is coming off the mirror match round one. He's going to have to play out of his mind or make some matchup picks for this series, like Magnezone or Deoxys Geo-Xern HO with Hyper Voice/Focus Blast. If he covers everything, nehtri will have a chance. He can do it, but it's certainly a tall-task. Otherwise Smeargle may be coming to claim more lives.

Zenithial vs Arushi - Easiest predict of my life.

Sitonai vs zugubu royale - zugubu royale advanced with a clutch activity win upset. Those plays are ones that a wack-ass player like me could be proud of. This round though, zugubu has the weeaboo formerly known as HB. Once again, HB is probably the one of the tourney players no one wanted to face. Even though he's still a little bit rusty coming back, HB should have enough to hold zugubu off. zugubu's definitely going to be a challenge however.

ADF Test vs Velvet Blood rawr - ADF did exactly as foreseen as TTTG didn't take my advice. Velvet Blood should be able to build and be able to play around ADF's general offense. Just like Thanos, all warlords eventually die. Velvet Blood 21 - ADF 10. Jesus, a fucking Drampa? I didn't know that was a Pokemon.

Fardin vs GRNBLN - One of the highlights of the round, both competitors are keen on advancing. Fardin proved last round that he is perhaps the most difficult player to best in a best-of-three, killing prodigal son Levanos. He's hard to fully predict and can very easily decide to make some wack-ass plays. This round however, Fardin is against Green Berlin. As of this writing, he's still alive in the AG Seasonal and this is the only reason I'm picking Fardin flat out against him. I believe GRNBLN is capable of beating Fardin, but this far in two separate tournaments is going to be too much.

FamousVGC vs AnythingGoesLegend - I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am.

There we go. Fourth Avengers© reference in two weeks. Do I watch real movies? Regardless, these should be some great games. I'm Fergie Ferg didn't end up making an appearance last round, so I'll instead drop a link for another great song, Yoga by Janelle Monáe and Jidenna. Good luck with the games everyone!

Pigeons is Quicksilver in this scenario, so Edgar would be Ultron.
Also, this means I'm Scarlet Witch and Dockiva (<3) is going to be my new Vision. Skarph or Zen is probably lron Man. Velvet Blood is definitely my secret-lover Captain Marvel. Ransei is totally Nick Fury because of his affinity for the gamer-word.

MZ

won 2-1 gg replays are online
Can't find them under your main alt and I'm not looking around to figure out what your current alt is just to find them.
e: ok somehow this wasn't clear, replays are required means you need to post them, not just have them public somewhere

Guys there's been another incident of a spectator just ghosting right in the chat. I can't believe it's this difficult for people to behave but seriously, please, just modchat your games. I know it sucks for those spectators that are capable of handling themselves but it keeps happening and this is why Smogtours always has modchat on. I promise it will save you a headache at some point.

Last edited:
After four intense weeks of the second Anything Goes Ladder Tour, we finally arrive at the playoffs. 32 players from 4 cycles have qualified and we will see who comes out on top!

The tournament will be BEST OF THREE SINGLE ELIMINATION GEN 7 ANYTHING GOES. All the standard basic tournament rules apply.

Round 1 (challonge bracket for the tournament)

GarbodorIsHot vs Alfaz999
p0lt3rg3ist vs MDB
Pigeons vs Satanic Beast
Dockiva~~ vs Shivam3299
Delibird Heart vs nehtri
DontStealMyPenguin vs Zakumi
Zenithial vs lotiasite
Arushi vs ice-master-523
Sitonai vs Cinza
zugubu royale vs SwaggerDaggerKid
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru vs ADF Test
Velvet Blood vs LaBalladeDesCieux
Fardin vs Levanos
GRNBLN vs Heaven's Breaker
-RDKB- vs FamousVGC
PurpleGatorade vs AnythingGoesLegend

The deadline is Sunday, June 2nd, 10pm EST. Good luck everyone!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-922248499 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-923474637https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-923479155

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)