Project Anything Goes Next Best Thing! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Blood.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVS: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Ingrain/Calm Mind

Ever get sick of those annoying nuisances we call Smeargle? Tired of getting phazed by pdon, ho-oh or arceus? Leech seed from ferro or cele causing issues? Worried about status? Now you won't with Xerneas's ability to substitute to avoid status and ingrain to laugh in the face of those annoying phazers. Alternatively, if phazers are not an issue for you, insert calm mind to deal with those annoying Chansey or Blissey confides. Max speed neutral nature will allow Xerneas to speed tie modest yveltal at worst and insure it outspeeds + scarf Mega Ray.
Since CM Sub Geo Xern (which I never seen anyone use except me or ppl I passed the team too) is already gone. Silent Mobius stop stealing sets lol
Here one of the few usuable and more durable Clerics (looking at you Magearna) of the Ubers / AG Tier:

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Sleep Talk will either waste a turn (Rest), attack, or wake you up earlier than planned so you can Rest / Aroma / Attack pretty self explanatory set.

Also I think that maybe the amount of slashes should be limited or kept to a minimum to make more sets possible / be actually different.

Last edited:

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
Since CM Sub Geo Xern (which I never seen anyone use except me or ppl I passed the team too) is already gone. Silent Mobius stop stealing sets lol
Here one of the few usuable and more durable Clerics (looking at you Magearna) of the Ubers / AG Tier:

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Sleep Talk will either waste a turn (Rest), attack, or wake you up earlier than planned so you can Rest / Aroma / Attack pretty self explanatory set.

Also I think that maybe the amount of slashes should be limited or kept to a minimum to make more sets possible / be actually different.
It is about time I addressed this matter. I know some of you would love to be the ones to post your sets that you deem you created and I can understand this being somewhat of a disappointment. But, let me point out a few a things:

1. Everybody is given equal time and opportunity to post whatever they want on these threads. If you or anybody else wishes to post these, there is ample time and opportunity. Just post them sooner for the higher probability that you can. In addition, if you do not have time to make an entire post, the rules state you can reserve a set any time.

2. Nowhere in the rules does it say the person posting has to be the ultimate creator of the set. If this were the case, 70% of the people posting would be "stealing sets" as you say. I don't think that is fair to single me out. I learn a lot about this game through battling experience and have the same right to post as the creator.

3. Do not assume that just because the set you used was not used that often or you have never seen it yourself, that nobody else had ever used or thought up the idea before. Also, players in some situations may have coincidentally thought up the same idea( not in my case, as I often learn through experience through brilliant minds like you guys). The world is a very vast place and it is very likely they have been used-- be it the games, other servers, etc.

Final Note: This post is not intended to be offensive and meant to single anybody out. Through past experiences, I have just felt this stealing sets topic has gone a bit over the top sometimes and I felt this was the right time to address this. Peace out.

It is about time I addressed this matter. I know some of you would love to be the ones to post your sets that you deem you created and I can understand this being somewhat of a disappointment. But, let me point out a few a things:

1. Everybody is given equal time and opportunity to post whatever they want on these threads. If you or anybody else wishes to post these, there is ample time and opportunity. Just post them sooner for the higher probability that you can. In addition, if you do not have time to make an entire post, the rules state you can reserve a set any time.

2. Nowhere in the rules does it say the person posting has to be the ultimate creator of the set. If this were the case, 70% of the people posting would be "stealing sets" as you say. I don't think that is fair to single me out. I learn a lot about this game through battling experience and have the same right to post as the creator.

3. Do not assume that just because the set you used was not used that often or you have never seen it yourself, that nobody else had ever used or thought up the idea before. Also, players in some situations may have coincidentally thought up the same idea( not in my case, as I often learn through experience through brilliant minds like you guys). The world is a very vast place and it is very likely they have been used-- be it the games, other servers, etc.

Final Note: This post is not intended to be offensive and meant to single anybody out. Through past experiences, I have just felt this stealing sets topic has gone a bit over the top sometimes and I felt this was the right time to address this. Peace out.

First of all I agree, the early bird catches the worm and I see no problem with someone posting a set before someone else or even "someone elses" set. Even though I would have liked to post that set myself I dont really mind you mentioning it. I just jokingly said you "stole" since I saw it in an earlier post but with so many players and with how long some mons have been around I dont think anyone can seriously claim one moveset to be just their own. Infact I am glad it got mentioned since for me its even more interesting to see what other ppl think about it :)

I just wanted to point out that a few post mention something that Imo is a different set or just sth else you can run in slashes. Since your post was mostly about Sub but also Ingrain to counter phazing I dont think its necessairy mention all other moves you can put on Sub Xern.
I saw someone calling dips on Rest Talk Xern but that includes atleast 3 different possible sets. In my opionion we shouldnt just start to put sets in catogories like Sub Xern, Rest Talk Xern, Calm Mind + all other possible moves but highlight why one certain set might be "the next big thing". Sure when it comes to things like coverage or something more specific I can understand that it can be more useful or necessairy but mentioning too many alternative moves Imo leads more to listing "these are moves you dont run on the common sets but could run" than "hey this set can actually work well". Thats why I think it could be better to stick to a 4 move moveset since that is what you use on a team.
I dont know just my two cents but not that big of an Issue tbh :)

My choice of words might not have been the best but I didnt actually want to call you out or sth. Also what I mentioned in this post is not targetted at you its more a general statement that ended up longer than I wanted. No hard feelings, peace!

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
First of all I agree, the early bird catches the worm and I see no problem with someone posting a set before someone else or even "someone elses" set. Even though I would have liked to post that set myself I dont really mind you mentioning it. I just jokingly said you "stole" since I saw it in an earlier post but with so many players and with how long some mons have been around I dont think anyone can seriously claim one moveset to be just their own. Infact I am glad it got mentioned since for me its even more interesting to see what other ppl think about it :)

I just wanted to point out that a few post mention something that Imo is a different set or just sth else you can run in slashes. Since your post was mostly about Sub but also Ingrain to counter phazing I dont think its necessairy mention all other moves you can put on Sub Xern.
I saw someone calling dips on Rest Talk Xern but that includes atleast 3 different possible sets. In my opionion we shouldnt just start to put sets in catogories like Sub Xern, Rest Talk Xern, Calm Mind + all other possible moves but highlight why one certain set might be "the next big thing". Sure when it comes to things like coverage or something more specific I can understand that it can be more useful or necessairy but mentioning too many alternative moves Imo leads more to listing "these are moves you dont run on the common sets but could run" than "hey this set can actually work well". Thats why I think it could be better to stick to a 4 move moveset since that is what you use on a team.
I dont know just my two cents but not that big of an Issue tbh :)

My choice of words might not have been the best but I didnt actually want to call you out or sth. Also what I mentioned in this post is not targetted at you its more a general statement that ended up longer than I wanted. No hard feelings, peace!
I 100% agree with you about only using 4 slots, unless it is coverage like you stated. Sometimes I have had the habit of adding additional stuff to enhance the richness of my post. In that specific case, just one of either the ingrain or cm was only needed. Before you even jokingly mentioned this, others have taken this kind of thing more personally. That is why I felt like this was the time to bring this up. Regarding your post, I see nothing wrong with it and your points are spot on :). I found this matter to be interesting to discuss. Cheers!

Xerneas @ Rockium Z / Fightinium Z
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

A not so used xerneas set in the ag meta except maybe myself using it. It can work if used correctly, mostly for stall users. Rock z for ho-oh since rock slide doesn’t completely kill it at 100% but preferably I prefer Fight z because you can kill an Arceus-Steel at a switch-in and also kill chansey or blissey. Aroma to heal yourself and other team members as support i guess, and lastly moonblast because it’s just a staple to have on a Xerneas. It’s not a complete useless build, more on the uncommon side of the meta, but it can prove effective in certain situations. I have had occasions where I had faked a scarf xerneas vs opponents so that’s one way of using this set to your advantage on the field in a sense. Thus I present to you physical Xerneas.:blobthumbsup:

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Block
- Rest

Memes, anyone? What this does is, it effectively lets you set up on Ho-Oh (those without Whirlwind), Support Arcs, Celesteela, Ferrothorn and the like, and sometimes even on Defensive Dusk Mane. Basically passive shit. I've learned through time that Defense EVs actually matter more than HP EVs when using them to tank stuff so I maxed out Defense instead of HP. 28 Speed EVs let it outspeed other base 99s with no speed, and the rest is piled into HP for longetivity.​

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
voting timee
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD (or more defensive spread if needed
Modest Nature
- Geomancy / Calm Mind (if you run calm mind just use Leftovers as item)
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
First Blood.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVS: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Ingrain/Calm Mind
Xerneas @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder
- Gravity
Xerneas @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Toxic/ aromatherapy/ sleep talk
Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Moonblast
Xerneas @ Electrium Z
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Xerneas @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Xerneas @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Block
- Rest
voting for zesty

Last edited:

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
Voting for Zesty 'cause Electric best type.

P.S Mobius if you're reading this, CM Geo sounds like low ladder fire, you know the ones no one really uses, and that set made me laugh.

I vote for Game Moderator's set.

Trapping on a passive Pokemon without any punishment and getting it to +6 which will potentially sweep an entire team doesn't sound half bad an idea.

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
I am surprised nobody has voted Velvet Blood. Although somewhat situational, this set is by far the most creative and innovative set mentioned imo. Flat-out one shotting arceus steel, ho-oh, chansey, and blissey sounds fire and could turn the tide of a battle in a tour game or something. Vote to VB.

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
congrats to Game Moderator for winning this round!
this weeks pokemon is.........
standard metronome yveltal (taunt oblivion dark pulse or w/e)
any specs set
any scarf set
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch/Heat Wave/Focus Blast/Toxic

Yveltal @ Leftovers
- Taunt / Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

deadline is friday, go wild!!

Choice Band / Physically YGod

Yveltal @ Dread Plate / Choice Band
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch / Steel Wing

This Set can hit incredibly hard OHKOing Rayquaza, bluff a scarf yveltal and surprise KO with a Sucker Punch thats way stronger than the usuall you would expect from a special YGod. Steel Wing can be used to hit Fairy Types such as Fairyceus, Xern and Diancie while also being able to deal damage to TTar. Although I would usually just pair it with a Gengar / Goth which adds more utility to Knock Off e.g. knocking off a Skarms Shed Shell and helps alot more with support Arc Fairy.

252 Atk Choice Band Yveltal Steel Wing vs. 240 HP / 180+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 156-184 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Yveltal Steel Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Fairy: 198-234 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO on Switch in Ig but Steel Wing is not that good I wouldnt bother running it on Dread Plate / Black Glasses
252 Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 183-216 (54.7 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Dread Plate Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 145-172 (43.4 - 51.4%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Dread Plate Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Marshadow: 220-261 (68.5 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO / Banded 6% to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 253-298 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 204-240 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 348-411 (99.1 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Necrozma-Ultra: 378-446 (107.6 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 297-351 (74.6 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO / 50% To OHKO with Band
252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 315-370 (79.1 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO / Banded (98.2 - 115.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre-Primal: 228-268 (66.8 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO / Banded: 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Ladder Jesus

Banned deucer.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Here is an infamous set straight from Ubers known as Stallbreaker Yveltal. This might be a bit similar to the Defensive Set, but it's functionally quite different. Stallbreaker Yveltal is a rather great threat as it can actually defeat many of its would be checks in a 1v1 scenario. Being able to survive powerful super effective attacks like Magearna's Fleur Cannon and then proceed to stall it and potentially survive a 4HKO from Supportceus Ice Beam is really fantastic. I think this set is potent for breaking through fatter teams which can be seen in AG every now and then. I find this variant of Yveltal pairs quite nicely with Ferrothorn, as a means of Spike Stacking. If running Ferrothorn, Yveltal can opt to run Dread Plate or Black Glasses in order to more easily 2HKO Mega Sableye.

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
Damnit I never get first blood. :[

Yveltal @ Metronome
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Disable
- Taunt

Doesn't have the recoil Life Orb has, and it also doesn't force you to switch out. In some situations, it can 1v1 CM mons, since they can't really do anything back without getting KO'd itself or set up and be left at low health. Mono-attacking Arceus' is this set's favorite mon to set up on, especially Fairy. Checks Dusk Mane to an extent and the rest should be self-explanatory.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)