Other Metagames Anything Goes Para-Spam RMT (Peak 2030)

Icemaster

Few will truly understand.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Hey, this is my very first RMT with a team that I find really fun to play. It has been successful on the ladder (2030 #2), and isn't too difficult to use. Feel free to suggest improvements and if you do decide to try out the team, any things that you find about it.

Building the Team:

1540640626918.png

Firstly, I decided to build around the best Pokémon in Anything Goes, Mega-Rayquaza. The Choice Banded in particular is the set I use, and is extremely hard to switch into: with 756 attack (Adamant) and extremely high base power moves, this Pokémon is an obvious choice for almost any Anything Goes team.

1540643419107.png

Mega-Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre together form an extremely potent wall-breaking core. Modest Primal-Kyogre has the sheer power to be able to OHKO many Arceus forms, Defensive Yveltals, Necrozma-Dusk-Manes and is just an all round nuke putting large amounts of pressure on slower teams.

1540643228818.png

While Banded Mega Rayquaza and a Modest Ogre attacking core is extremely good, it has some fatal flaws. This is where Zygarde (specifically, Defensive Zygarde) comes in. Firstly, as Rayquaza and Kyogre have boosting natures to their attack and special attack respectively and have quite low speed-tiers as a result, Zygarde with Glare can effectively slow down many threats to them. Zygarde easily switches in to Marshadows, Primal Groudons (which are not the special variant), Mega Rayquaza (except for the mixed set) and just about any physical Pokémon in the game. It also acts as a lure to Ice Beam Arceus forms and Arceus-Fairy, stunning them on the switch-in with Glare.

1540644123554.png

The next Pokémon I added to my team was Specially Defensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. Coupled with Zygarde-Complete, this forms quite a strong defensive core and brings the much needed stealth rocks to the table. It can take on almost any Arceus form, with the exception of Ghost, Ground and Normceus. I also run Thunder Wave on Necrozma DM, in order to spread more paralysis so MRay and POgre can reign more freely.

1540644556923.png

After that I added Marshadow to my team, as Defensive Zygarde Complete and Necrozma DM are pretty much setup bait for Normceus. This is an all around exceptional Pokémon providing speed control against threats such as Necrozma Ultra, boosted DM, MRay.

1540644991502.png

Xerneas with scarf provides further speed control, and defog and aromatherapy support (extremely useful for stall match-ups) and I also run Thunder Wave on it in order to spread more paralysis.

1540644556923.png
1540645190306.png
1540644123554.png
1540643228818.png
1540643419107.png
1540640626918.png

The Team:
1540645324410.png

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-Create
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

This is pretty much standard choice banded Mega-Rayquaza. Dragon Ascent and V-Create are the basic coverage, Outrage improves the stall match-up killing Giratina with ease and providing an alternative if Dragon Ascent runs out of PP. Extreme Speed is for speed control. Mega-Rayquaza, as said earlier, has a very strong wall-breaking game and if switched in well, can pretty much claim a free KO.

1540645633541.png

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roar/Thunder/Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Origin Pulse and Ice Beam are basic yet extremely potent coverage for Kyogre. Special Attack is maxed out, and speed is as high as it can be without a boosting nature in order to put as much pressure as possible on slower teams. Substitute and Roar is a very strange combo, however it allows me to beat many baton pass teams with the element of surprise. However, as I used it more often above 1800, people started expecting it and due to that its ability to beat BP teams has been slightly mitigated. It is still extremely useful and I still run Roar on it, but Thunder and Calm Mind are still good options.

1540646100181.png

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

This is standard Zygarde Complete, however I swapped Thousand Arrows out for Dragon Tail as I needed both the Glare support and the ability to remove setup sweepers such as Z Bulk Up Marshadow and Mega-Rayquaza. It also hits Mega-Rayquaza for good amounts of damage after it has Dragon Ascented. Having Stealth Rocks up is extremely important for this set as it allows Zygarde to claim good amounts of damage after repeatedly Dragon Tailing the foe's Pokémon out. Rest-Talk gives it a very high sustainability, it needs to stay around for a long time as Zygarde Complete and Necrozma DM are pretty much the defensive cornerstones of my team. Sleep talk stops it from being completely passive while asleep. The moveset also has an added bonus of after glare out-speeding most foes allowing it to rest and sleep talk before foes, sometimes even Dragon Tailing them out before they move!

1540647465828.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike

Standard Specially Defensive Necrozma DM set, however as mentioned earlier, I run T-Wave over Toxic. The EVs may seem arbitrary but they are designed so that Necrozma DM out-speeds Marsh, Ultra Necrozma and Mega Gengar after a Paralysis, allowing me to beat variants of them such as special Ultra Necrozma (or unboosted physical), Marshadow unboosted having used up its Z move and 2 attacks Mega Gengar.

1540647759649.png

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb

Standard Marshadow. I chose Rock Tomb over HP Ice as it allows me to hit scarfers such as Xerneas and Yveltal on the switch and can hit Ho-Ohs for an OHKO. It has also come in as a clutch before, when having only MRay and Marshadow left vs a Fairy Arceus, and I managed to win using Rock Tomb then killing FairyCeus with MRay.

1540647934388.png

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave/Thunder
- Defog
- Aromatherapy/Focus Blast

Again, this is a standard set, however instead of opting for Thunder or Focus Blast (I find it hard to rely on these moves), I went for a single attack spread as Moonblast is what you only really need. Thunder Wave hits Necrozma DMs on the switch expecting to setup and helps me spread even more paralysis. As I only have this as my defogger, it needs to be kept alive for a long time in order to defog throughout the match. With Xerneas' bulk though you can only expect to fire off 1-2 defogs a match, but this is mitigated by setting up your own Stealth Rocks. This causes most players to Defog, so you can use that to your advantage.

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/015eb09eb8f7fd37

Threatlist:

Arceus-Ground is by far the biggest threat to this team. It can setup Calm Minds on Necrozma DM and Zygarde-Complete easily, and almost always causes a Pokémon to be KOed provided it sets up unless Primal Kyogre is still healthy. If you have any suggestions regarding tackling this Pokémon, I'd really appreciate it.

Arceus with Chople Berry, or LO if given the chance to set a substitute up is extremely deadly. It can setup on Zygarde or Necrozma DM quite easily provided it has substitute. Fortunately, not too many run Chople Berry so it is quite manageable, and you can switch in with Marshadow often predicting Swords Dance, forcing it out unless it is Chople.

1540643419107.png
Unlike many teams, I do not run Primal Groudon so if this switches in on Necrozma Dusk Mane or Zygarde Complete it requires me to make aggressive predictions, such as switching in to Kyogre to take Ice Beam and Origin Pulse then switching into MRay taking a thunder and attacking it, which is really not ideal.

1540640626918.png
Mixed LO Rayquaza is a big threat, with it pretty much OHKOing my entire team due to my lack of an Arceus, Scarf Rayquaza is much more manageable though. LO MRay requires scouting its set and switching into Xerneas on a Draco Meteor in order to regain momentum. Again, this is really not ideal.

2030ag.PNG

I apologies as I don't have the actual replays as it won't let me share saved replays, so I have to share them by putting them on youtube, sorry.
vs Zenithial
vs Skarpherim
vs LeafStorm121 (Webs HO)
vs Edgar
vs N Argram (Baton Pass)
vs FluffieMareep

Thanks for reading :)
Feel free to suggest improvements and if you do decide to try out the team, any things that you find about it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Very cool team in regards to feeling you are weak to arc ground i think i have a set that may help

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic/roar/cm

this is a set that i quite like in ubers it gives bulkier builds w/o cleric support a lot of issues but i think it can for sure help you here with arc ground although it does sacrifice a bit of offensive pressure.

ty for sharing btw :]

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Very cool team in regards to feeling you are weak to arc ground i think i have a set that may help

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic/roar/cm

this is a set that i quite like in ubers it gives bulkier builds w/o cleric support a lot of issues but i think it can for sure help you here with arc ground although it does sacrifice a bit of offensive pressure.

ty for sharing btw :]
Thanks for suggesting that, I'll give it a try for sure. I'll probably have to rely on MRay a lot more though for wall breaking :)

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
Hi,

Nice team you have there. You seem to lack a good dark resist in general, with stuff like Yveltal having the ability to weaken Xerneas every time it comes in to the point of it dying after enough switchins. Because of this, I suggest you use a bulkier Xerneas or support Arceus-Fairy. Xerneas gets Rest, alleviating this issue while still being able to provide cleric & Defog/Paralysis support, while Arceus-Fairy gets reliably recovery, can beat Substitute Arceus and threaten Baton Pass with Perish Song/Roar.

Will-O-Wisp + Sub Gengar seems like a large issue, as it can trap three of your pokemon (Xerneas, Dusk-Mane, Rayquaza), which allows common Pokémon that are paired with it such as Zygarde, Kyogre and Yveltal to run through your team. If you also go ahead with removing Scarf Xerneas, it leaves you a lot weaker to Ultra-Necrozma. To mitigate this issue, I suggest you use Scarf Marshadow with Pursuit over Rock Tomb. You can trap Gengar, and also lure things like opposing Dusk-Mane, Rayquaza and Mewtwo. While it does leave you weaker to Ho-oh, Zygarde can switch into it and Rayquaza & Kyogre can force it out.

Some other minor changes:
- You also don't have a mon with a Z-Move, Dusk-Mane can use Solganium Z, Lefties isn't too necessary.
- You said that Colbur Berry Arceus was an issue, I think you mean Chople.
- Is Adamant that necessary on Rayquaza? Band can 2HKO pretty much anything anyways, the extra speed can help vs stuff like non Jolly/Timid Arceus and at least tying with other Jolly Rayquaza.
- You mentioned Groundceus was an issue, Toxic > T-Wave is an option to help wear it down.

Overall a solid team, hope I helped!

Icemaster

RBTT Champion
Hi,

Nice team you have there. You seem to lack a good dark resist in general, with stuff like Yveltal having the ability to weaken Xerneas every time it comes in to the point of it dying after enough switchins. Because of this, I suggest you use a bulkier Xerneas or support Arceus-Fairy. Xerneas gets Rest, alleviating this issue while still being able to provide cleric & Defog/Paralysis support, while Arceus-Fairy gets reliably recovery, can beat Substitute Arceus and threaten Baton Pass with Perish Song/Roar.

Will-O-Wisp + Sub Gengar seems like a large issue, as it can trap three of your pokemon (Xerneas, Dusk-Mane, Rayquaza), which allows common Pokémon that are paired with it such as Zygarde, Kyogre and Yveltal to run through your team. If you also go ahead with removing Scarf Xerneas, it leaves you a lot weaker to Ultra-Necrozma. To mitigate this issue, I suggest you use Scarf Marshadow with Pursuit over Rock Tomb. You can trap Gengar, and also lure things like opposing Dusk-Mane, Rayquaza and Mewtwo. While it does leave you weaker to Ho-oh, Zygarde can switch into it and Rayquaza & Kyogre can force it out.

Some other minor changes:
- You also don't have a mon with a Z-Move, Dusk-Mane can use Solganium Z, Lefties isn't too necessary.
- You said that Colbur Berry Arceus was an issue, I think you mean Chople.
- Is Adamant that necessary on Rayquaza? Band can 2HKO pretty much anything anyways, the extra speed can help vs stuff like non Jolly/Timid Arceus and at least tying with other Jolly Rayquaza.
- You mentioned Groundceus was an issue, Toxic > T-Wave is an option to help wear it down.

Overall a solid team, hope I helped!
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have tried Toxic over TWaves, and I found TWaves more useful especially as people don't expect it as TWaves allowed me to cripple unsuspecting mons like setup DM and Ultra. I'll probably run PSong on Arc fairy though as it helps against groundceus and potentially allows POgre to run something different over Roar. Jolly Ray and Solganium Z especially sound really good, I'll run them for sure. Again, thanks for your suggestions :)

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Nice team, but:
You lack any toxic users, which means you rely very heavily on rocks and Mray to damage the opponent consistently. If dusk mane is killed, fairceus completely ruins you. Aroma support from your opponent severely impacts your strat of paraing. Your only switchin to cb or lo mray is zyg-c, which is OHKOed by outrage or draco, then after that, mray just gets a kill every time it comes in. Relying on xerneas as your defogger is unreliable, seeing as pogre runs sub and mray is weak to rocks. Xerneas is incredibly prone to getting worn down, and has no way to damage pdon or dm, which means they can get rocks up often.
To alleviate some of these issues, I suggest running Ferrothorn --> Necrozma Dusk Mane
The only thing bad that comes out of this is increased pressure to check Geo xern, however gyro ball, plus the fact that xern cant reliably set up on anything should make this change OK. This offers a rocker, an incredibly reliable check to groundceus, a switchin to mgar, a better check to yveltal, and probably the best pogre check in AG. I think the upsides to running this pokemon far outweigh the negatives.

Icemaster

RBTT Champion
Nice team, but:
You lack any toxic users, which means you rely very heavily on rocks and Mray to damage the opponent consistently. If dusk mane is killed, fairceus completely ruins you. Aroma support from your opponent severely impacts your strat of paraing. Your only switchin to cb or lo mray is zyg-c, which is OHKOed by outrage or draco, then after that, mray just gets a kill every time it comes in. Relying on xerneas as your defogger is unreliable, seeing as pogre runs sub and mray is weak to rocks. Xerneas is incredibly prone to getting worn down, and has no way to damage pdon or dm, which means they can get rocks up often.
To alleviate some of these issues, I suggest running Ferrothorn --> Necrozma Dusk Mane
The only thing bad that comes out of this is increased pressure to check Geo xern, however gyro ball, plus the fact that xern cant reliably set up on anything should make this change OK. This offers a rocker, an incredibly reliable check to groundceus, a switchin to mgar, a better check to yveltal, and probably the best pogre check in AG. I think the upsides to running this pokemon far outweigh the negatives.
I don't like Ferrothorn much due to lacking a reliable recovery but I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion :)

Icemaster

RBTT Champion
I reached 2107 elo a few months ago when retrying using this team. I tweaked the Kyogre set improving my stall MU further and the Zygarde set which acts as a better physical wall especially against substitute setup sweepers like physical Arceuses.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Pretty standard Spout CM ogre. Notable for 2HKOing ferrothorn unboosted and breaking the pink blobs.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze

The set I had before was way too gimmicky and relied a bit on luck. Also my weakness to baton pass was pretty bad, and threats such as normceus with sub could beat me. This deals with that and is not absolutely passive against something like xern, although you shouldnt usually always stay in unless predicting a geomancy and then going on to haze them which is always hilarious. The set I had before looking back is kinda awful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)