AG Anything Goes Spring Seasonal - Round 5 (Loser's Bracket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 OM Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall OM leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious OM Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Samboelrod vs Misterioussaint
Chloe vs Sets
zugubu royale vs Megazard
Catalystic vs Hassin627
PurpleGatorade vs Dockiva
nehtri vs Game Moderator
perfect minun vs Sificon
pulsar512b vs LaBalladeDesCieux
7shoes vs Sitonai
Dark Shion vs Silent Mobius
-RDKB- vs Funbot28
iKiQ vs Kaguya Lys
TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting
The Thunderbirds vs Deep Sea Sapphire
AnythingGoesLegend vs Horary
Piggypassking vs neomon

Deadline is on Sunday 4/28 11:59 PM EST.
Extension Deadline is on Wednesday 4/24 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:
Wow there are a lot of highlights here

Thought I might make some predictions even though I am probably not qualified to so if I get it wrong don't be offended

Samboelrod Vs MisteriousSaint - very good friend and very good mons player although this one will be a close one

Chloe Vs Sets - Another very close one but I am giving the edge to chloe because she is very nice to me

Zugubu royals vs Megazard - Megazard just has the tournament consistently so it is hard to predict against him

Catalystic vs Hassin627 - Cata is a very good player and I don't know much about Hassin627 but he beat aaronboyer so he will definitely put up a fight

Purple Gatorade vs Dockiva - PG is very good but dockiva will put up a very good fight

Nehtri vs game moderator - this one is hard to predict and I can see it going either way

Perfect Minum vs Sificon - Sificon is cool and uses my psyspam sometimes but ag auth don't lose

(Pulsar512b vs DJ breloominiati) vs LaBalladeDesCieux - I have no idea

7shoes vs Sintonai - Sintonai is a very solid player and a favorite to win the whole thing so I can't see him losing

Dark shion vs Silent mobius - very good tournament results indicate he is the favorite to win this one

-RDKB- vs Funbot28 - Another very hard prediction both players are very good but I have to give the edge to funbot

iKiQ vs (winner of MDB vs Kaguya Lys) - This guy calls me bad all the time so he must be good

TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting - I don't know that much about these players but I would have to give the edge to tectonic here from what I do know.

(loser of Lithe haze vs The Thunderbirds) vs Deep Sea Sapphire - lithe haze is very good and I expect her to win her match. And deep sea sapphire is a fellow lele lover so I have to pick her

Piggypassking vs neomon - how far wil the megazard slayer go?

Don't get mad if I predicted against you these are just my opinions and I am not some oricle of pokemon battles

Last edited:
Samboelrod vs MisteriousSaint - I hear this Tic-Tac-Toe Guru guy's a scrub
Chloe vs Sets
zugubu royale vs Megazard - I expect this one to be fairly close
Catalystic vs Hassin627
Purple Gatorade vs Dockiva
nehtri vs Game Moderator - this being said, I really do hope nehtri wins
Perfect Minun vs Sificon
(loser of Pulsar512b vs DJ breloominiati) vs LaBalladeDesCieux - I have no idea
7shoes vs Sitonai
-RDKB- vs Funbot28 - Don't really know
iKiQ vs (winner of MDB vs Kaguya Lys)
(loser of Lithe haze vs The Thunderbirds) vs Deep Sea Sapphire - I expect Lithe to win, and though idk The Thunderbirds, I bet Sapphire could take him/her
Piggypassking vs neomon - don't really know, but Piggypassking beat megazard
Anythinggoeslegend vs Horary - Idk Horary really but AGL is a good player and a good friend. gotta root for him

Last edited:

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
Round 5 Loser's Predictions:
Samboelrod(70) vs Misterioussaint(30) - If Samboelrod plays his best, I don't see this going any other way.
Chloe(50) vs Sets(50) - A gen 6 AG Goat and good gen 7 ag player vs a good gen 7 ag player. I could see this going either way.
zugubu royale(40) vs Megazard(60)- Megazard never beats himself in these tours; you have to take it from him.
Catalystic(70) vs Hassin627(30)- I do not know anything about Hassin and Cata is a proven very good ag player. Advantage Cata.
PurpleGatorade(55) vs Dockiva(45)- This one will be a great match. Dockiva has the playing skills to pull the upset. Slight advantage to PG.
nehtri(40) vs Game Moderator(60)- Part of it depends if Nehtri actually preps and GB can schedule. Both are pretty good with memes. Advantage GM.
perfect minun(60) vs Sificon(40)- PM is a very good player and I am surprised she has not had more success in these tours.
(loser of Dj Breloominati♬ vs pulsar512b) vs LaBalladeDesCieux
7shoes(40) vs Sitonai(60) - Sitonai is a proven winner and great player. How can I pick against that?
-RDKB- vs Funbot28
iKiQ vs (winner of MDB vs Kaguya Lys)
(loser of Lithe Haze vs The Thunderbirds) vs Deep Sea Sapphire - Lithe Haze has both the best name and best playing skills of this group. Advantage Lithe.
AnythingGoesLegend(60) vs Horary(40)- Psyspam king and good with memes. Advantage AGL.
Piggypassking(50) vs neomon(50) - Piggy beat Megazard, he has a shot.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Predicts:
Samboelrod vs MisteriousSaint
Chloe
vs Sets
zugubu royale vs Megazard
Catalystic
vs Hassin627
Purple Gatorade vs Dockiva
nehtri vs Game Moderator --eh dunno
Perfect Minun
vs Sificon
(loser of Pulsar512b vs DJ breloominiati) vs LaBalladeDesCieux -well, im not going to lose, but i think dj can win this, partially due to the really fucked up time zone he/she is in.....
7shoes vs Sitonai
-RDKB- vs Funbot28 -idk either
iKiQ vs (winner of MDB vs Kaguya Lys) - do we even have to debate this lol
TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting - i think a year in waiting is better
(loser of Lithe haze vs The Thunderbirds) vs Deep Sea Sapphire -Lithe's gonna win the extension, and Deep Sea Sapphire should be able to finish the job.
Piggypassking vs neomon -dont know neomon, but i do know piggy's decent and defeated Megazard.
Anythinggoeslegend vs Horary - i dont know who horary is. but AGL's pretty solid

OK going to explain something about predictions posts in this tournament.
First just know that I really like predictions posts since it's really cool to see what you think about this player, how do you think the match will go. (even when it predicts against me)

But honestly it's totally useless that you write them if your do not know half of the players and that your only argument is "Idk this player and x is good".
So before posting predicts you should try to get some informations about the players you are talking about.
It's just a point I wanted to mention, ofc my post is not the absolute truth but I think you can still improve your predicts (it could be also fun that you do some jokes...)

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
OK going to explain something about predictions posts in this tournament.
First just know that I really like predictions posts since it's really cool to see what you think about this player, how do you think the match will go. (even when it predicts against me)

But honestly it's totally useless that you write them if your do not know half of the players and that your only argument is "Idk this player and x is good".
So before posting predicts you should try to get some informations about the players you are talking about.
It's just a point I wanted to mention, ofc my post is not the absolute truth but I think you can still improve your predicts (it could be also fun that you do some jokes...)
I do not know whether you were aiming this specifically at me or just at the public in general, but you make good points. Researching the background and knowing all the players would certainly make for the most fair and accurate predictions. Adding jokes is fine as well, so long as it is not denigrating or hurting an individual. That being said, I have followed and played ag for quite some time and have seen what players have done on ladder, room tours, big tours, etc. Sitonai, for example, is a proven ssnl winner, had ladder success, and was considered to be in the top percentage of ag players. Catalystic has pretty good credentials himself, having success in ompl, big tours and other things. Similar to sports, fair or not, proven players are almost always going to be getting the benefit of the doubt vs. names I have not seen accomplish anything of note. Granted some names could be alts and research would help with that. But anyways, I appreciate the feedback. For practice does not make perfect, but permament, as we all are striving to improve ourselves whatever the craft may be. Cheers!

I tried scheduling with MDB but he missed the it cuz the guy who is dealing with me on his behalf or something forgot. I won't be able to play him b4 extension deadline so I'm just saying this here.

I tried scheduling with MDB but he missed the it cuz the guy who is dealing with me on his behalf or something forgot. I won't be able to play him b4 extension deadline so I'm just saying this here.
I'm p sure he's got some irl shit going on so I wouldn't be surprised if he misses or doesn't reply. Which is unfortunate for him but some things supercede mons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)