AG Anything Goes Summer Seasonal - Round 1

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
1609751315853.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Summer Seasonal! This seasonal is a Type A tournament and will be a part of the 2021 AG Tournament Circuit; the winner will be one step closer to claiming the coveted AG Circuit Champion banner! This is a double elimination tournament; it will most likely last around 12 weeks and should end sometime in October.

General tournament rules and guidelines are in effect; they can be found here.

Specific Rules:

• This is a standard Gen 8 Anything Goes tournament (not National Dex AG)
  • Matches are to be played on PS! or on the Smogtours server.
  • The format for this tournament is best of three, double elimination.
  • Replays are not required until the last couple of rounds, but you should save them in the case of a disagreement; it is the only way to settle disputes!
  • Changing teams between matches is allowed.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Pain Split.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry while carrying Recycle and Fling
proof of pairings
Round 1 Matchups:

Royal1604  vs  Nezloe
Farce Of The Death  vs  SiTuM
chlo  vs  lepton
Bigsoontobeten  vs  Dinesh Raj Gujjula
Trade  vs  Fardin
AssaultDestiny  vs  The gaming attack
Frito135  vs  Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Shivam3299  vs  Xrlylyl
AnubisQueen  vs  Chief Z
adsam  vs  Eggs McGee
Discoii  vs  Aberforth
AnnaMyers  vs  Mr.Bossaru
Inder  vs  Kaiser747898 - extended
Sky of Doom  vs  Swastik
rahul_3301  vs  Dockiva~~
lotiasite  vs  the blue pokemon trainer
Azelea  vs  Snoms
BoticeMehSenpi  vs  AyMoosay
Crunchman  vs  Krishnakant Sharma
Paino  vs  FangFoe
NB402141  vs  Bread Sandwich - extended
beauts  vs  RuthlessDragon6
Archiiiie17  vs  cromagnet
Quick top 500 tho  vs  Skarph
Anique  vs  ChibbetyChabo - extended
WSun1  vs  Rotten
Coolcodename  vs  Zayele
pannuracotta  vs  Nevelle
Geysers  vs  Poobanans
Nael222  vs  frogger1387
Bro Darkrai  vs  omicorio - extended
please make me win  vs  Fc

substitutes:
Good luck to all participants! Deadline is Sunday, 8th August 11:59pm GMT-4

Last edited:
Round 1 predicts because I have literally nothing better to do rn. I'll try to provide my reasoning for the pick, but if I don't know who you are, it'll probably be random.

Royal1604  vs  Nezloe: royal is my agpl teammate and I believe he'll have no problem r1 vs someone new to the meta
Farce Of The Death  vs  SiTuM: another crobat here, situm is just a great overall player and shouldn't have much trouble
eu  vs  lepton: gonna go lepton here because they're in agpl, don't really know much about either player though
The Eleventh Doctor  vs  Dinesh Raj Gujjula: don't know either, but dinish is in a likewhoring server, so hopefully they win for more likes
Trade  vs  Fardin: Trade already won this series, kinda surprisingtbh
AssaultDestiny  vs  The gaming attack: assaultdestiny is more familiar with the meta, however I think this series will be pretty close
Frito135  vs  Tic-Tac-Toe Guru: my game lmao
Shivam3299  vs  BasedWhat?: very interesting mu here. I'm gonna give the slight edge to basedwhat here because of their creativity in the builder and performance in agpl
AnubisQueen  vs  Chief Z: don't know either, and neither have a cool name :(
adsam  vs  Eggs McGee: battle of people who occasionally pop in. Adsam did beat me in ghosting tour a while back, so I'm gonna give them the advantage here.
Discoii  vs  Aberforth: another potentially interesting mu. Discoii has the meta knowledge edge, however I think aberforth is a better overall player.
AnnaMyers  vs  Mr.Bossaru: haven't heard of annamyers before, so im gonna go bossaru here.
Indercover  vs  electricgamer333: indercover is in agpl and managed to beat fc in it as well
Sky of Doom  vs  Swastik: never heard of sky of doom before, swastik has shown to be a decent player as well.
rahul_3301  vs  Dockiva~~: Dock made it very far in the last seasonal, I expect them to make it far again.
lotiasite  vs  justsomedude: loti is the tour host, if i'm not nice i'll end up vs fc next round...
Azelea  vs  Snoms: I know snoms, the same cannot be said for their opponent.
BoticeMehSenpi  vs  AyMoosay: ive seen boticemehsenpi in the room and discord before, but i'm not completely sure of their skill level.
Crunchman  vs  Krishnakant Sharma: crunchman is undefeated in agpl. enough said.
jerryl309  vs  FangFoe: jerry has been solid in almost every tour he's participated in, i expect him to have no trouble here.
NB402141  vs  Bread Sandwich: agl is quite "creative" with his sets and teams, shouldn't have much of an issue with nb.
beauts  vs  RuthlessDragon6: don't really know either player here, but i like beauts' name better
Archiiiie17  vs  cromagnet: cro is the tier leader and my agpl manager, he should be okay for this r1 mu even if he just brings random teams we've posted in the discord.
Quick top 500 tho  vs  Skarph: goat
Anique  vs  ChibbetyChabo: don't know either, sorry.
WSun1  vs  Rotten: probably the best mu of r1 for sure, wsun has been good in agpl but so has rotten. wsun had a much better run last seasonal (even though i beat him r2), and he's only gotten better at the meta since. I expect him to go far once again.
Coolcodename  vs  Zayele: zayele is a very solid galar player and i expect her to have no issues here.
pannuracotta  vs  Nevelle: pannu lost to dialga
Geysers  vs  Chinchiiiiiii: Geysers is a solid and established player, should have no problems despite his lackluster performance in agpl.
Nael222  vs  frogger1387: although frogger has been out of the meta for a while, they are a very solid player overall and should have no issues picking the tier up again.
Bro Darkrai  vs  omicorio: giving the mainer the advantage here, although I could see this match going either way.
please make me win  vs  Fc: Fc has dominated every ag tour this season, should have no issues starting his run again.

So how does this substitute stuff work? LIke if someone can't play a round we sub in for them?
Yeah, if someone can't play for any reason, a sub is subbed in for them. The subs are in order so the first one is subbed first till the last one.
Say if a person x can't play, and you're the next substitute, you'll be subbed in and would have to play. Right now, you'll be subbed in after browneyes64 gets in.
Omfg how many times did I type sub oml. I just hope it was clear?

Paino

O' hallowed moon, take fire and scorch my foes!
won in two against the gaming attack ggs

whos gonna draft me next agpl i am far better in usum and oras :garglasses:
> be me
> has 1 eco tour loss as tour experience
> still gets in agpl, everyone wondering how i speedran agpl
> doesnt get to play for 4 weeks
> gets In week 5
> deadgames it
> goes undefeated in AGPL
> :feelscoolman:

Also i forgot that ssnl happened and forgot to sign up early :coolcry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)