AG Anything Goes Winter Seasonal - Round 11 (Loser's Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
1579540849029.png

Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2020 AG Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall AG leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious AG Circuit Champion Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • This tour is in the National Dex Anything Goes format.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the National Dex Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • POSTING REPLAYS IS NOW MANDATORY
Losers
Ktütverde vs Catalystic
Deadline: Monday the 30th of March 4pm GMT

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Cata has been very nice and we decided that never prepping is an acceptable strategy, so we agreed to play Monday, sometime around 3-5pm gmt-5 so that winner will have taken care of pichus by the end of the week, or even earlier (I love you pichus <3).

Unbiased predicts:
Catalystic vs Ktut : Ktut has shown how consistent a teambuilder and player he is against Pichus in a thrilling and rollercoaster-like series where he almost defeated Pichu in two games. Unfortunately, his pokemons were afraid of catching covid19 when hitting pichu's mons, so they couldnt show their true potential. Will ktut's revenge happen? You will soon see.

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
This has been a fun ssnl to watch but for unbiased predicts I'll go over both of these contestants roads to Semis.
r1 Ktut won against a rando
r1 Cata got an act win vs Funtbot28

r2 ktut wins vs another rando
r2 Cata cannot avoid facing a solid player like week one, and wins in three vs zrp200. The expected outcome, but this is a solid win for Cata proving they have what it takes at gen 8

r4 ktut faces boyn, a solid player but not an ag main, a respectable win nonetheless
r4 Cata faces.... no one, because they get a bye

Round 6 is finally where both players do not have a relatively free win

r6 ktut faces Edgar, admittedly does not not play gen 8 much at all, but skilled at mons. The first true test
r6 Cata faces off vs Shivam, which is p much the same situation as above

Quick interjection to note that these have so far been p much the easiest brackets in the tour. This by no means diminishes their accomplishment, but it will factor into my final prediction.

r8 Ktut wins in a good series vs ADF, who ends up cteaming himself. While impressive on paper, I must admit that ADF's clear attempts to cteam actually result in a p easy win for ktut after g1
r8 Cata loses to Pichus. With Pichus in a rhythm this ended up being not as close as initially anticipated.

r9 Cata wins in some pretty standard games vs ADF

r10 ktut loses to Pichus p handily. Shaky play g1 and clear underprep(or overprep?) g2 led to a quick loss.
r10 Cata faces off vs Bacon and wins in two. Good play and prep led to a nice win.

Needless to say this is just a really weird seasonal for both participants. Both lost to Pichus in two, but pretty much rolled throughout, will admittedly getting dealt favorable early MUs. However this is why I'm predicting Catalystic to win. Ktutverde is an excellent player but having not seen enough out of both players this ssnl, I must tip my hat to the player who has proved they can consistently win in AG.

This is all in good fun, don't take this predict super seriously, just thought it'd be interesting to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)