The turtle moves
Welcome to the Anything Goes Winter Seasonal! This is the second tournament of the first season! Entering and winning in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Anything Goes leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Anything Goes champion!
- This is a standard Gen 7 (USUM) Anything Goes Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 7] Anything Goes".
- This tournament will be Double Elimination.
- All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or SmogTours server).
- To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. I will be somewhat lenient with this however.
- Every round, I may choose several games as the Highlight Matches.
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned.
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Giratina Stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
- Timer: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
As a disclaimer: Since I plan to join this tournament, I will provide evidence of pairing randomization and/or have someone else do pairings for me each round.
Megazard vs. Singiamtel
Hamhamhamham vs. eren
BaconEatinAssassin vs. PurpleGatorade
WTF THHE STALLS vs.
DurzaOffTopic vs. Holy Break
Anish vs. Betathunder
byronthewellwell vs. partys over
bdov vs. Tohru and the Adachi
MMagma vs. Kong Harald
Mq vs. Silent Mobius
Zesty43 vs. Pigeons
highlighter vs. nehtri
ScarfWynaut vs. roman
Paycard vs. Luckyboy123
neomon vs. zugubu royale
Whitewash vs. MiyoKa
Squawkerz vs. GotCookies
(Winner of truedrew vs
Poison Adhesive vs. Azx
Loloartsi vs. (Winner of
Yolocat 10. vs. YoloMoboJobo
Quantum Tesseract vs. Game Moderator
LAChargerZ vs. Th3victinii
ara vs. (Winner of hyperbeem vs.
Xynix vs. jagonite
lotiasite vs. Racool
Willdbeast vs. GunGunJ
King Billu vs. (Winner of
Alpha Rabbit vs. Ikey
EternalSnowman vs. DoW
WTF THHE STALLS vs. Isotonex
Zesty43 vs. Pigeons
Deadline: January 9th
Extension Deadline: January 4th
Good luck, have fun all![/user]