Appeals Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I'm trying to sort out an unjust (by which I mean, random and out of nowhere with, so far as I can tell, zero evidence supporting it) ban on my main account. There is no way to complain without hopping on IRC or making an alt and going through a large number of admins and mods until someone replies to you. In my own case, it's been over three weeks since I started seriously trying to get my case fixed and with very little progress. The problem as I see it is that moderators are given near absolute power over ordinary users, and there are no checks and balances on this. The banned person isn't given any information about why they were banned.

So yeah. My suggestion is for an appeals forum dedicated to bans or infractions received on Smogon. Pretty simple, pretty self explanatory. Heck, we have one for Showdown so why not the site itself?

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
how would that work if alt accounts are not allowed on smogon? afaik banned users aren't able to post in any forum

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
this has been brought up before and the answer was a resounding "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)