Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: NatDex OU

Username: VelocityV2
PS! Username: KikiLan
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: College student schedule, I can't meet during mornings due to class and Thursdays from 6-9pm due to class. Aside from assignments and class my schedule is very flexible, I'm active most of the day and night unless I decide to make plans with people. Coordinating with my tutor would be very beneficial because it would make it super easy to meet consistently so I can work around that.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've only played since the beginning of February, but my friend has helped me a little with team building. I hit 1300 in National Dex but still struggle with team building. I'm mainly searching for help with team building and getting the perspective of someone that's experienced with competitive.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited:

R8

If specified, this will replace the title that dis
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: R8
PS! Username: R8 Konijn
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Everyday except Friday, ±15:00-22:00 GMT+1
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm playing competitive on Pokemon Showdown! since 2 years. I played almost exclusively hardcore stall on multiple metagames (including doubles...), so it's the only playstyle i'm confident with. Therefore, i struggle to play with other playstyles, and that's why i'm signin up for tutoring: i want to get better with other playstyles, and learn how to build a gameplan, optimizing my plays, etc...
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes. However i prefer avoid doing calls (because my accent is truly awful) , but if you don't mind then, why not.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Username: Heheus
PS! Username: Heheus
Your Timezone: PST
Usual hours of availability: 2:00-5:00
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am sorta average, I am not that experienced or skilled. I know a few parts of teambuilding but i dont know all of it. I want to know more badly so i can win more often.
Are you able to use discord: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
Tutor requirements: I want someone who knows much about the meta, lots about teambuilding, and knows mons that work well with other mons.

Username: Avaritia GC
PS! Username: Avaritia
Your timezone: GMT +8
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-11pm my time on weekdays, almost any time on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've played Showdown off-and-on for a while, dipping my toes into Gen 5 OU, Gen 6 UU and Monotype, Gen 7 Ubers and now Gen 8 National Dex OU. I personally find my skill level quite mediocre and my teambuilding to be average, and I also admittedly suffer from self-esteem and ladder anxiety at times. I'd like to learn how to expand my range of playstyles and teambuilding, but probably more importantly learn how to play better and find the best move in every game.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

Username: JackPilotF2
PS! Username: JackPilotF2
Your timezone: GMT+11
Usual Hours of Availability: All day regardless of timezone. Due to insomnia, I cannot sleep most nights and it is the school holidays here, so I'm free round the clock.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing VGC for a very long time but started to be competitive around 3 years ago. Recently, around 6 months ago, I started playing DOU and DUbers as well to improve my skills, and I'm quite proficient in those tiers. Lastly, I started playing NatDex OU around a month ago and played it here and there to improve my skills. I main using offensive teams in NatDex, and I recently met the requirements for the Magearna suspect test. That's about it, cheers!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Username: OofTheQuagsire
PS! Username: quagpog
Your timezone: GMT-5
Usual Hours of Availability: 9am-1:30 pm, 9 pm-12 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Started playing in about May of 2020. I typically played ND even then, because it was the format a lot of my friends and several of my draft leagues played in, but I also played some CAP, gen 8 OU, and Monotype. I took a break around mid-October, and got really into Showdown from December 2020. My main weaknesses are teambuilding, and really being able to appreciate synergy or cores. I'm currently laddering for Magearna reqs, and I'm relatively active on the discord (love talking competitive). Currently I'm playing a lot of 2v2 Doubles and obviously NDOU.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yep- intheQuagmire#1385
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes.

Akumajou

resident clown
Username: Akumajou
PS! Username: Akumajou
Your timezone: gmt -4
Usual Hours of Availability: afternoons
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): played gen7bh for about 3 years starting in 2014, but i was always kinda inactive in that regard. in 2018 i started to main 1v1 and take smogon more seriously, i still play that to this day. ive been trying to open my palette to other metas including this one, but ive been meaning to get better at 6v6 as a whole so here i am.
Are you able to use Discord?: yep
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)