Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: Old Gens OU

ErPeris

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
is a Top Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for Old Gens OU, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Generation:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Generation: USUM
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: The Dragon Master
PS! Username: Advt
Your timezone: GMT+ 5 30
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm usually free frm 2 30 - 4 30pm or night after 9 pm on weekdays and almost the entire afternoon on weekends and also past 9 those days too

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started mons 4 yrs ago and played on and off till last yr where I started playing more. Got really into Nd like 6 months ago. Now an ND QC member and want to get into SM too as that meta seems fun

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: TechnoRaptor
PS! Username: TechnoRaptor
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Generation: DPP/ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays after 8 PM, most weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in late BW/early XY with VGC, but moved onto OU after VGC 14. Since then, I've mostly played current generation OU and UU on and off and found it very fun, albeit somewhat frustrating when I make choke plays. I've done well on the ladder, but I'd like to refine my play a bit more and participate in tournaments more frequently. In addition, I'd like to get better at DPP and ORAS OU, since those are the metagames I remember enjoying a lot.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (TechnoRaptor#0653)

Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually evenings and week-ends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm mainly a SM main. I play a few no-official teamtours and tours like sm ssnl or sm cup during the ST. On the ladder side, I usually manage to reach around 1700 of elo (even if I really never tried to topladder tbh). I apply again because my tutoring is over, so I would like to learn another tier. I choose DPP because, after playing a bit on ladder and a few tour games, the tier seems fun and I really find tier without team preview really interisting.
Are you able to use Discord?: KaiserKaiba#5863

Last edited:

Le Don

formerly D_C_T_D
Username: D_C_T_D ( Name change soon )
PS! Username: Don Colombus / Sam Colombus
Your timezone: +2, France
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday-Friday = 9pm to 12pm, w-e = afternoons and evenings ( Can be different, depends a lot of my homework, but it's fine )

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon: I started playing in March 2020 and I specialized in DPP in September 2020. I laddered a lot between September 2020 and March 2021 but I stopped cause it was tilting me so hard :issou: . I also participated to many tournaments : Winter SSNL, DPP GC, and more recently Summer SSNL where I made top 16 ( R8 ) and many rdm Discord tours.
I want to get better at teambuilding where I struggle a lot ( I'm always using teams from other people, my own teams are ok but too much MU fish I think, I used one of them for SSNL R8 and I lost because I faced a really bad MU G2 but it was my fault for using this ). My ingame is fine but as everyone I still have a lot to learn. I also want to know what is a consistant team in DPP. ( maybe it doesn't exist :paz: ).
PS : I restart laddering and wtf I'm actually enjoying it, Praise DD Tar and CB Gyara.

Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I can voc without pbs. Le Don#5160.

Username: Ibby0034
PS! Username: I alt most the time but I'm usually on applezucchini
Your timezone: EST -5
Generation: BW OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 6pm to 12am and Saturday Sunday 12pm to 6pm

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon: I started playing BW OU since 2016ish and quit after getting bored of mons. I wasn't super competitive about playing BWOU but now since I am better than what I was 5 years ago I want to improve my skills and become better. I have not had a lot of tournament showings except for the recent BW CUP where I was eliminated R1. I want to get better in not only battling but team building :).

Are you able to use discord: Yeah (i b b e r t#0495)
Do you understand how blacklisting works?: Yes

Username: HaaiL
PS! Username: HaaiL
Your timezone: +5.5
Generation: RBY, Oras
Usual Hours of Availability: 8-10 hours per day, times varies from day to day
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon around 16 months ago. since then, I've been playing tournaments on smogon a lot. I mostly play doubles and some past gen tiers. I went to round 4 in the latest oras cup. While was playing in that tournament, I realized how fun the tier could be and I had been waiting to play this tier ever since.

Last edited:
Username: RageAgainstTheMagearna
PS! Username: RageATMagearna
Your timezone: -4
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm-12am weekdays, any time weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing roughly a year and a half with any degree of seriousness. Had a few notable wins in tours here and there but overall feel like I've skipped out on properly learning. I'm looking to get my play to a place where I can consistently perform well rather than my current on-and-off state. I think of all my tiers DPP tends to be the shakiest but it's the one I have the most love for so I'm hoping I can get matched with someone who will help take me from occasional flashes of greatness to a really skilled player :)

Username: mixwell
PS! Username: HIGHEST IN T ROOM
Your timezone: GMT-3
Generation: ADV OU/DPP OU
every day after my 2 pm onwards
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started in 2014 to play with the ORAS boom and the megas, initially in a half meme clan system on a remote PS server and since then I have been taking experience and playing more and more, between last year and this one I decided to get involved in play more competitively and I really want to learn more, and improve at a more technical level in terms of teambuild and mechanically in preparation for next big tours.
I am interested in learning ADV / DPP, they have always been tiers that caught my attention but since I did not know the theory in terms of teampreview, teambuild, etc., it was difficult for me to play in the optimal way and that I would like.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Instruct
PS! Username: Instruct
Your timezone: GMT-5
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: 2pm to 11pm everyday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've started playing mons with Gen 7 Monotype, and then played RU for PSPL 8 and a little bit of OU for TPP 2. Took a hiatus from competitive pokemon to code, but then in PSPL 9 I played OU and did spectacular. Currently I'm trying my hand at the national dex formats since I've more or less quit PS development, but I am just disinterested in gen 8 and want to learn a new generation, specifically ADV since it seems the most interesting one to play.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes

Last edited:
Username: Churielix
PO/PS! Username: Churielix
Your Timezone: Gmt-5
Generation: SM
Usual Hours of Availability: 3 pm to 10 pm -5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (Min. 3 Sentences): I started playing since 2013 but from then on i played for very slow periods until i played for a longer time starting in 2020, which is the longest i've been playing since. I feel like i need a lot to polish myself in SM and on last push would not hurt, i have been continuosly playing that tier for more than 1 year and i think there is a lot to improve.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Churielix#0965

Username: Mendeez
PS! Username: Mendeez
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually always
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i would like to improve my level, learn to analyze the fights, keep calm and be a contribution to the team,i have played different tournaments as dpp, but i havent had the results as i wanted,i would also like to learn to build solid teams, and experience playing styles.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, Mendez#0332

Last edited:
Username: Elian-San
PS! Username: Elian-San
Your timezone: GMT -7
Generation: ADV OU
Busy only monday and tuesday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I play since 2015 when i joined on Pokemon Showdown, to be honest i wasn't interested on competitive, butthe last year i started to play on smogon tournaments, this year i played a lot of tournaments getting better on the time, my best participacion in a tournament was the ADV Seasonal when i lost round 8, that's why i think i should improve more, right now i'm playing in the RoA Olympics and maybe this helps me to have a better perfomance.
Yes
Yes

Username: Jyuux
PS! Username: Jyuux
Your timezone:+2
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: all days from 10:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
I started playing showdown, relatively recently, in which ADV seemed the most striking, besides that I have already been able to play vs players who have a lot of exp in the metagame (and in the last ssnl I reached r9).
Above all I want to improve my way of building and keep calm and be a contribution to my team
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Jyuu#8516

Username: Flatemo
PS username: Flatemo/ Holy Flatemo
Timezone: GMT+8
Generations: ADV/DPP/BW
Usual hours of availability: After my class till 5 PM my time. Weekends time is random
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive pokemon(min 3 sentences): I mainly play Ubers for 1 year hence why all my RMTs were about Ubers. I mainly want to learn more about past gens like no team preview, hazard control, and weather control. I also built a few BW teams in the past but Idk much about EVs so I want to learn more about EVs in general too.
Are you able to use discord: Flatemo#1341
Do you know how blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Undorian
PS! Username: Undorian
Your timezone: CET (GMT + 1)
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm usually available in the evenings, probably from GMT 19:00 onwards, on weekends I should be available most of the day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon roughly 7 months ago. I mostly focused on the OU tiers, and the "old" generations so far. I collected beginner-level experience in RBY, slightly more in ADV, and am probably at an intermediate level in BW. I'm very new to DPP, but I want to learn to play this generation well and in dynamic exchange with other people. I made my way to about 1300 on ladder as of writing this, entirely with teams I borrowed from the Smogon forum archive (a big 'Thank you' to their creators), relatively quickly. However, my problem (as with other generations as well) is that I can climb to intermediate level relatively quickly, but never really higher than that. I am trying to understand the risk/reward game better, as I think this is crucial to advancing further. As for my playing style, I am willing to use any Pokémon and like to explore any movesets and combinations I haven't tried before. My contributions on Smogon have been extremely sparse thus far (though I have tried my best to participate in discussions on various Discord channels), as I have doubts I can contribute meaningfully so far, so I can understand well if you would reject my application. I would be extremely grateful if someone were to agree to tutor me, though. I have not played in tournaments so far, and it would be great if I could one day confidently rise to such a challenge.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, I am Undorian#9444.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor to Smogon
Username: Sputnik
PS! Username: Sputnikk
Your timezone: GMT -4/EST (Will change to -7/PST during holidays)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday/Thursday during the day, Friday afternoons, Saturday day, and every weekday except Thursday after 9 PM. Schedule will likely change drastically going into December and beyond due to college class schedule changing/going on break at the time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play National Dex OU heavily and have also played SS RU and SM ZU heavily. I don't play in tournaments that much anymore (although I'd like to improve on that front) but I greatly enjoy building and supporting people in team tours in that fashion. Have also dabbled in DPP previously but never really got into it.

Last edited:
Username: RexTheNoName
PS! Username: RexTheNoName
Your timezone: CST
Generation: RBY OU
5:30 PM to 10:00 PM
I began playing Pokemon mid 2020, only playing SS PU., after that I spent the next few months playing SS NFE, and SS ZU. Then I branched out to Old Gens, and have been loving RBY OU since then.
Yep!
Yep!

Username: Estuardo19
PS! Username: Estuardo19
Your timezone: Gmt-6
Generation: BW
Usual Hours of Availability: All the week, between my 11am to 2-3am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I start play 3 years ago, i start to play more "serious" 4-6 months ago, my first tour be the DPP SSNL and the BW SSNL, in dpp i lost on round 3 by act and in bw i lost on round 7. I in on bw cup but i lost on r1 by act cause i cant play anyday this week, next i try to play the ROA TEAM whit a friends 1 or 2 months ago, my team lose on round 1 xD, i play the NATDEX SSNL losing on round 3, and the last tour i play be the roa multitier losing in round 2
Are you able to use Discord?: Yep
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)