Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: Old Gens OU

Assigned to: Emeral

Username: Oiponabys
PS! Username: Oipon
Your timezone: GMT +1
Generation: DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: In the evenings, thursday and during the weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I used to read a lot of dpp articles back when it was the main gen, and I joined PO mid-BW1. I played every current gen until ~2018-2019 where I started to play dpp on ladder. I liked the gen and never dropped it. I play regularly on the ladder nowadays and I topped it a few times, but whenever I play against SPL caliber players I mostly lose. I started tournaments recently: I played one team tournament where I did okay (dpp slot), and I am currently doing my first solo tour in DPP ssnl, winners bracket for now. I feel like I'm plateauing and I require help to keep moving forward.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Oiponabys#7323
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes I do

Last edited by a moderator:

EviGaro

is a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Driver
RU Leader
Assigned to TC for GSC OU

Username: EviGaro
PO/PS! Username: EviGaro
Your timezone: Gmt -4
Generation: GSC and ADV OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Currently most of Monday - Tuesday after noon but that might change, late Wednesday / Thursday as a last resort, anytime after noon Friday to Sunday with scheduling
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): - rutl, played the tier in a few team tours including SPL and have been around for like five years or so. I played other things like LC in spl - epic start into kek - and am generally handling sm or bw tiers in other pls, like monotype or UU. I've played a few BW OU games and did okay-ish in the last BW Cup but never really got the pre-team preview gens despite me being a big fan of Conflict in my two SPLs it was just not something I was really familiar with ever. I try to build most of my teams in everything and do so sometimes when I can in those specific tiers but there's obvious limits despite me trying to learn the intricacies.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, but I won't talk on call, I can type to the tutor if it's easier for them though
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Assigned to: Nalorium

Username: Ryuuji Kuroiwa
PS! Username: Ryuuji Kuroiwa, Black Catfish
Your timezone: gmt-5
Generation: adv ou/bw ou/oras ou
Usual Hours of Availability: evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing comp pokemon like 9 months ago on ps but I wanna learn a lot of others gens. And I was enchanted by the old gens but I didn't know about this
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes , Ryuuji#9505

Assigned to: eden for DPP OU

Username: Everything Is Something
PS! Username: SuperEpicAmpharos
Your timezone: GMT -5
Generation: DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Midday - Night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing ADV at a decent level for about 6 months and have attempted to play Pokemon at a competitive level for around 9 years. I've played various formats, ranging anywhere from SWSH DOU to ORAS NU. I've played roughly 500 games on the DPP ladder, competed in RoA Olympics for DPP where I made finals (with a bit of luck), and I am seeking to learn more about the metagame.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, SEA#6962
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to ez

Username: nui
PO/PS! Username: nui
Your timezone: Gmt -4
Generation: oras + sm
Usual Hours of Availability: thurs - sat
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): just a reg ladder hero just want to learn smth new

Assigned to: Sakito for DPP OU

Username: Hyssou
PO/PS! Username: Hyssou/Hyss
Your timezone: Gmt +1 (France)
Generation: ADV/DPP OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Every day after 6 p.m.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing in competition since 2018 mainly on the French community, manage Africa in PokemonPerfect World Cup in 2020 I think I can touch many generation and I want improve that in ADV/DPP right now and deepen the others after
Are you able to use either Discord?: Yes Hyssou #3506

Staxi

Won 1 tour.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Corckscrew

Username: Staxi
PS! Username: Staxi
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly during evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Ubers main, I've been playing for a long time and I want to improve specifically in oras.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Staxi#2973

NEWAL

THE MAIN MAN
Assigned to: Fakee for BW OU

Username: Newal
PS! Username: Newal
Your timezone: GMT+2
Generation: BW/DPP
Usual Hours of Availability: Idk it varies a lot
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Check old sign ups
Are you able to use Discord?: ADM#9597

Assigned to: Serika for SM OU

Username: Xandes
PO/PS! Username: Xandes
Your timezone: +1
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: confined
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play pokemon since february 2020.
I started with the SM OU tier, where I tried to improve myself more and more, but I feel like I'm stuck now, and I would like my future tutor to help me move on to a very good level in the tier. I have already participated in the Seasonal at SM OU 2021, or I finished round 3 loosers, otherwise I participate in many French tournaments in SM and SS OU.
Are you able to use either Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Assigned to: Caetano93

Username: SwordStrike
PS! Username: SwordStrike
Your timezone: EST (GMT -4)
Generation: BW OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 3pm-7pm, weekends 1pm-8pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Made showdown account 2017 and forum account 2019, but didn't really get into playing until 2020. Mainly play gen 7 ou, 8 ou, and natdex ou on ladder, but would like to learn the BW OU meta, as well as learn how to teambuild for it.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Username: Deltaw
PS! Username: Deltaw
Your timezone: GMT -4
Generation: Sm ou
Usual Hours of Availability: I have all free time after 3 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in the ladder since the beginning of 2015 and I looked for ways to improve and participate in smogon tournaments, I would like a Spanish speaking tutor even though I have no problems with English I handle it well

(I'm not quite sure how the assignment works, I'm new to doing this kind of thing.)
Username: DemonGoatGamer
PS! Username: Spectralized
Your timezone: EST (GMT - 4)
Generation: SM OU
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays from 11 am to 9 pm, Weekends from 11 am to 11 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive in 2016, and I am looking for assistance to be able to be a better player. I am hoping that by gaining experience and skills, it will let me perpetuate those skills down to newer players who seek the thrill and excitement of battling. I want to learn the SM OU mainly, but I am down to learn any other format as I feel like I can't improve no matter how hard I try, and I am willing to be a tutee.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Spectralized #1690

Last edited:
Assigned to: Gondra

Username: Hematemesis
PS! Username: Hematemesis
Your timezone: CST, or GMT-5
Generation: ORAS OU
Usual Hours of Availability: I have a pretty clean schedule. Mondays and Tuesdays after 4pm my time, as well as basically any time past 2 pm on Saturday. I can maybe be flexible, but I'll get in touch with my tutor about htat.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I primarily play natdex and pet mods, both of which are not quite as competitive as old gens or lower tiers. I have some good showings in national dex tournaments, mainly 5th in the rigged tournament, and I'm on council for m4a, which won pet mod of the season. I started for one week in 2v2pl, but I got smashed, so I don't really count that. I've been trying to get to the "next level" since the start of the quarantine, but have consistently found myself stuck and I don't know why. ORAS has been one of my favorite old gen tiers to play for a while, and I'm motivated to work really hard to get good at the tier. I just don't know what's going wrong, so I think this program is perfect for me :D!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Bolivia#8459

Username:HyperT22
PS! Username
:HyperT22
Your timezone:+5:30
Generation: Gen7 OU
Usual Hours of Availability:Prefer after 6:00 pm according to my gmt
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):Pokemon MMO competitive rank ladder, Pokemon Revolution Online Monthly Ladder Tournament
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: NO

Assigned to: Siatam for GSC OU

Username:Mimikyu dayo 69
PS! Username:Pinto
Your timezone: Gmt-3
Generation: Gsc/dpp
Usual Hours of Availability: 2 pm to 6 pm or 8 pm to 12 pm,every days except saturday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):hi, I met ps in 2020 where in that same year I started to play ss ou but I didn't like meta very much, so I switched to olds and natdex, I did r5 in snnl sm ou and r4 in oras (I didn't have really good results) I started to be interested in gsc ou and dpp for playing ssnl and I studied some meta and I would like to continue learning about it.
Are you able to use Discord?:
yes,Pinto#9360
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username:Spicyymilk
PS! Username:Spicyymilk
Your timezone: EST
Generation: 7
Usual Hours of Availability: 2 pm - 7 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): ive plated pokemon showdown for about a year now. I started with gen8 monotype but worked my way to gen7 ou somehow. Im kinda ass a pokemon but im not that bad.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Assigned to: TC for GSC OU

Username: Nael222
PS! Username: Nael222
Your timezone: GMT +2
Generation: GSC
Usual Hours of Availability: 8am-8pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started almost 1 year ago. As for the tournaments, I haven't done much so far, however, I qualified for round 2 of this year's GSC global championship by beating false and mc56556. I would like to learn more about this tier that I see a potential future.
yes, Nael222#5470
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: oui

airfare

ASTROTHUNDER
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Username: airfare
PS! Username: airfare
Your timezone: gmt-4
Generation: adv
Usual Hours of Availability:
weekday evenings, all day on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
i started off on ps as an oras ubers main before beginning to learn ou during gen 7. i consider myself best at ss and sm ou, and have been playing + contributing to these tiers on smogon and ps for a while, but wanted to branch out into adv because of how good ppl said it was :3 looking for a more in-depth experience building and playing adv
yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

Raahel

mano tengo fe
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to: Haru for DPP OU

Username: Raahel
PS! Username: Raahel
Your timezone: GMT-4
Generation: RBY/ADV/DPP
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
See my other signup posts
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, Raahel#8102

Serika

Just want to understand people
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Serika
PS! Username: Serikka
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: 5pm-7pm during the week and 3pm-7pm during the Weekend.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play since 2019 in SMOU, a bit low gens of SM, STABmons and then SSOU.
Also I played some French tours, Ssnl SM and others solo tours in Smogon with with perfs that improves over time.
Finally, I have already participated in tutoring programs on different platforms.
Are you able to use Discord?: Rika#5196
Yes

Assigned to Siatam for GSC OU

Username: NEON_Voyager
PS! Username: Voyagar
Your timezone: GMT +1
Generation: gsc
Usual Hours of Availability: most times except mornings during the week (my time obvs)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing early 2019, mainly sm ru and ou, didn't play tours, only ladder and contributed a bit to things like victim of the week in ru. took a break in jan 2020 for around a year. came back and got involved in tours, i feel i don't usually get completely outplayed in a match ever, especially in bo3 and have beaten some high calibre players, but i feel i need alot more consistency. i wish to learn gsc because it teaches the intrinsic value of each move, also it sounds like a cool meta.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes, Voyager#1715
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: oui

Assigned to: ez for SM OU

Username: Jomatoes
PS! Username: Jomatoes
Your timezone: GMT -7
Generation: SM/ORAS
Usual Hours of Availability: Any
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon last year, right after the pandemic started. I was a vgc player, and cut some 200+ people tournaments. Recently, I havent been enjoying vgc so i got into smogon, and started playing sm and oras. I went 3-4 in Jamvad PL, a little disappointed in my performance and am looking to improve.

Username: simp
PS! Username: s1mpp
Your timezone: GMT+1
Generation: SM/BW
Usual Hours of Availability: Most evenings
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm an SS OU main, having played since January and recently finishing SS tutoring. I am now looking to learn SM and BW as old gen tiers as they look fun to play and build in! I am very new to SM, my only experience being playing in stour and a few friendlies and as for BW I am completely new.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, simp#8115

Username: Alucs
PS! Username: alucs
Your timezone: London Time (GMT+1); EST/EDT (GMT-5 or -4) from August onwards
Generation: DPP/BW
Usual Hours of Availability: Most evenings until late at night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon upon the release of SM and dipped my toes mainly in OM's at the time - especially 1v1, Trademarked, 350 cup, etc. I decided to pick up an Old Tier more seriously around a year ago and I've been playing/maining ADV since, having started with laddering to relatively high ELO (peaked at ~1640 since). I'm currently in round 3 of the ADV GC and won ADVPL with the Anglerfish; I've also participated in other tournaments in the Pokémon Perfect Forum. Now I want to pick up another tier to get into.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup, alucs#5193

Assigned to: Serika for SM OU

Username: KaiserKaiba
PS! Username: KaiserKaiba
Your timezone:
GMT+2
Generation: SM/ADV
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually evenings and week-ends
I'm mainly a SM main. I play a few no-official teamtours and tours like sm ssnl or sm cup during the ST. On the ladder side, I usually manage to reach around 1700 of elo (even if I really never tried to topladder tbh). On ADV side, I don't have much experience apart watch a lot of replays and a few games on ladder.
Are you able to use Discord?: KaiserKaiba#5863
Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)