Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS LC

Shiba

Underground King
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SS LC, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

Current Tutors:
Gray
kythr
Laroxyl
Luthier
tazz

THE RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up. If you do not reach that threshold, you will likely be skipped.
    • This is not a hard requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, but if you want to ensure you are compliant and you wish to attain 15 posts before applying, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE.Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you.
  • If your timezone and hours of availability do not match up with the correct thread, your post will be skipped. Please PM a B101 mod if you are unsure about which thread to post in.
  • You may only post in ONE of the signup threads. Delete your post if you change your mind about signing up for something.
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up in the future if:

• You show poor activity over a course of a month (banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You decide during the tutoring round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 6 months)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 3 months)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round(banned for 6 months, infracted for 1 point)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist.(banned for 3-6 months)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above can potentially mean a year ban. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Last edited by a moderator:

daunt vs

The World Is Lucki's
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Laroxyl

Username:daunt vs
PO/PS! Username:daunt vs
Your timezone:gmt+2
quarentine any hour from 4pm-11pm works
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a player from the Spanish community who is/was a uber/uu main but this gen I don't likeuu/uber this gen so I want to try new tiers and LC its a tier that looks fun. I have played some Spanish tours and also individual tournaments here . I have also been a tutee of Lord Outrage in Uber and Indigo Plateau in UU so this would be my third time in B101
Are you able to use either Discord?:Yes but not voice chat because I live in a house with a lot of noise

Assigned to tazz

EriDBst
GMT +2
Pretty much free
I started playing pokemon in 2017 but i mainly played current gen ou. I always liked lc but never really got into it. Ive tried many tiers but im really liking lc rn. Ive played a lot of individual tours here on smogon btw and even beaten great players but idk if thats really relevant
Sure i can use discord
yes

Assigned to tazz

Username: Z Strats
PS! Username: Z Strats
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usually available Mon-Wed 7pm-11pm Thurs and Sat literally all day (10am-11pm), Sunday 11am-1pm, Friday 11am-6pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I'm a DOU player that has been playing competitively since 2016. I've had good results in DOU tours but I absolutely suck at single tiers and want to get better which is why I'm here. I decided to go with LC because I'm already playing doubles lc in LPL so I have a little experience playing with some of the mons already, and I have enjoyed watching the other LC games/replays as well.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

ACR1

Bellakeo a lo Galactic
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Laroxyl

Username: ACR1
PS! Username: AcrOne / ENZ1
Your timezone: -3
Usual Hours of Availability: im free mostdays, anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been around since late SM so i have experience in competitive. I always liked and interested LC because is a really funny tier. And I want to play the best and most seriously. Also, this would be my second time at B101 as I had a tutoring at NU

Assigned to kythr

Username: Drafeu-kun
PS! Username: Drafeu-kun
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm pretty much free overall and can answer quickly on discord
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Playing pokemon since 2018 and on smogon since 2019, I played SM OU when it was current gen abd was interested in LC. With the release of SwSh, I started to play LC with correct results (4-2 LPL and some fine wins) but I don't feel I'm getting better in the tier and I want to step up with LCPL coming. Otherwise, my ingame is correct and I have a good knowledge of the metagame and how the LC works.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yup
Edit : timezone : GMT+2, my time changed

ramolost

parfum quartier
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to Laroxyl

Username: ramolost
PS! Username: ramolost
Your timezone:+1
free most days depends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started to play in like 2018 and i main UU im council and played in many tours. ive been playing OU RU NU PU a bit too but LC is awkward and a very different tier id like to learn it for slam. third sentence.
Are you able to use Discord?: y
y

Username: weakermaker
PS! Username: weakermaker
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: flexible
I've been playing competitive Pokemon for 3 years. I started SS LC in December 2020 and I'm looking for a way to do a major step in the tier. I've already done a mentoring in SMOU so I'm used to the process.
Yes
yes

Username : eternal ocean
PS username : eternal ocean
Timezone ; GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability : flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in Pokemon : I have been playing pokemon for 1 year, and I'm very interested by the lc, I have been play lc since 2 month and I would really be a main in this tier. For this reason I need a tutor ^^
Are u able to use discord : yes
Do u understand how the blacklist works : yes

DC

LC Main, No Brain
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Username: DC
PS! Username: Dreamcatcher UwU
Your timezone: GMT-7
Usual Hours of Availability: Mon-Wed Nights, Thurs-Sunday (flexible, usually all day w/ prior notice)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing LC for about 2 and 1/2 years. I was in tutoring for SM LC and was taught by a great tutor (S/O Lilyac) who helped me develop my fundamentals well. I've been relatively active in SS LC, writing analyses, articles, and forum guides to help players, so I have good understanding of the metagame and building process. Reason I am signing up is to increase my likelihood of getting drafted for the next LCPL, and I think a tutor can help me improve to reach that point!
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

assigned to Laroxyl

Username: LeGénoce
PS Username: LeGenoce
Time Zone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: i prefer wednesday / Friday and weekend
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I main SS LC , and play SM / SS OU. I start LC with the winter seasonal , i played only LPL after that, with not a great ratio, and played STT (good french tournament). I very want to increase my building and in-game and a tutor can help me in my opinion.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes on Blind/LeGénoce#6359
Do you understand how the blacklist works? : yes

Username: Foukrou
PS! Username: Foukrou
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Wednesday, Thursday and friday Afternoon, and Friday,Saturday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. or at 11pm gmt+2 to whenever
Playing since 2020, i first started to play in SMOU in some french tournaments and in ladder, i've learned that tier with a good french player. In the end of the year i've played in LC for a french tournament and i really loved it, so i begun to play in that tier. I first learn a bit how to teambuild from a french player (TDW) and i started to play in smogon tournament, like LC Seasonnal, LC Ladder tour and LC Open. My goal is to increase my level Ingame and increase my level in preparation for future competitive tournaments.
yes on Fukru#8007
yes

Assigned to kythr

Username: yellowfin
PS! Username: yellowfin
Your timezone: GMT -7
Usual Hours of Availability: every day of the week is fine
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): started playing competitive mons in 2017-2018 with smlc. never had very good results + ended up burning out, but decided to come back in late 2020 bc of quarantine boredom. my fundamentals are pretty bad, so i'd ideally like to get better at those then move onto more metagame-specific learning

TDNT

(Not Furry)
is a Tiering Contributor
Assigned to: kythr

Username: TDNT
PS! Username: TDNT
Your timezone: GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: I'm available everyday from my 8PM-2AM, can flex to my afternoons on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play mons since 2019 and I'm an OU mainer, besides playing LC in the past. I already have experience with tournaments and stuff, recently qualifying for OLT playoffs. I want to learn this tier again because I like it and I'm playing it on another tour, so I think that now, after Vulla's ban, it's the ideal moment to start playing it again.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (TDNT#7171)

Aqua Ring

Lazybones
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: Aqua∞Ring
PS! Username: Chuo水ku
Your timezone: EDT (GMT -4)
Usual Hours of Availability: 6:00pm - 10:00pm on weekdays and 8:00am - 8:30pm on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon in Generation 7 using Random Battles. Around the end of March of last year, I decided to give Monotype a whirl because I had some friends that were urging me to try it. Around January of this year, I began to play UU and have had decent success in the tier. After playing that for awhile, I’d like to learn a different tier and LC seemed interesting due to the vastly different metagame.

Last edited:
Username:Mendeez
PS! Username: Mendeez
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: i almost always have free time
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing poke since 2015 but it was never serious, 1 year ago I started playing on ps and I saw the amount of levels and things there are, I was interested in lc since it is a very fun level with a lot of potential, I have played tournaments in smogon giving good results and reaching high rounds, although I feel that I can improve a lot, I am currently playing tournaments and I want to be a contribution to the teams that chose me,I still have a lot to learn.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes (Mendez#0332)

Username: giove97
PS! Username: giove97
Your timezone : +2gmt
Usual Hours of Availability: in the week 10 pm - 12 pm and on weekends I am flexible even in the afternoon
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing pokemon on Pokémon Showdown in 2018 but my first tour on smogon was in 2019. I did a lot of suspect tests and I got experience in different tiers. Now I want to take the final step to became a better player overall. The tier that I prefer is LC and it's also the tier that I played the most in the last year, but I feel that I need something to became better.
Are you able to use Discord? yes ( giove 97#8338 )

Username: gali
PS! Username: gali
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: it varies with my work schedule, but generally i am available after 9pm est weekdays and 6pm est Saturdays and am free most sundays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i played lc for most of gen 6, fell off in gen 7, and came back earlier this year. ive never really gotten back to my level of play back then and id like to take that jump. i have a habit of playing too fast and of over predicting and would like to work on those.
Are you able to use Discord?: gali#1650

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)