Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SS OU

DuckeryDoodle

"Aw, Phooey!"
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: DuckeryDoodle
PS! Username: mudkipbowl
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Mostly free during later nights (9pm and later), but since it is the summer I have much more time during the days.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started seriously playing showdown, have mostly played OMs and OMMs, have never been into OU that much, and have recently wanted to learn more about OU. I've played in a few tournaments, most recently being drafted for Pet Mods Premier League, but have never had/wanted success in main tiers. I'm hoping to be able to improve both my consistency and my teambuilding.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes (DuckeryDoodle#3645)
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Username: Violet Riachu
PS! Username: MeansAndEnds
Your timezone: GMT -5/-4
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually 14:00 - 17:00, especially Friday and weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing competitive singles on cartridge with gen 5, but I was like 13 at the time so I was pretty bad at it. Since then, I've played on and off: playing XY OU and ORAS OU for a while. My best Smogon performance was placing top 500 or so in Gen 7 PU. I remember trying to place in the PU ladder tour and missing the cut by a hair. I've been playing Gen 8 OU in hopes of being good enough to play in OLT in July, but given that I generally peak around the 1500s, I think I need some guidance on team building and playing more patiently and optimally.
Are you able to use Discord?:
yes character arches#3627
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
yes

Username: 00Crystal
PS! Username: Crysta1
Your Timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Always Fridays and Weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Late into 2019, Is where I began my Competitive Pokemon and where I found my Love for BW OU. I spammed a lot of the BW OU Samples, especially Rain Teams and watched many guides and other people playing on the High-Leveled Tours, which is what encouraged me to get good at the Games by practicing on Ladder ever since. I mainly want to get better at clicking my buttons and Teambuilding as well.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes 00Crystal#7683
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do

Username: Johnson Johnsonson
PS! Username: Shaq from Basketball
Your timezone: GMT+10
Usual Hours of Availability: any day after 4-5pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Starting 2020, I got really into VGC and climbed to about rank 50 on the SS in-game ladder, but stopped playing to focus on my studies. Last year I really got into competitive OU analysis through watching commentary which inspired me learn the format, and I reached the mid 1500s after a few months before hitting a wall. After taking another break, I've been motivated to improve this year but have run into the same barrier; fluctuating around the low 1500s range and feeling like my fundamental understanding of the game really needs some work.
Are you able to use Discord?:
Yes (One Million Pounds of Rat Meat#8530)
Yes

Username: MellonCaullie
PS! Username: MelonCauli (i always make a new name cause i forget my older accounts, but I have played more games than what is shown on this account )
Your timezone: (GMT-4)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tues, Thrus, Saturday, and Sunday anytime.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played competitively a lot in 2016-2018. I never really built my teams and would always use someone else's. I want to learn how to team build, synergy, and strategies. How to know which move to make, when to switch out, when to sack a pokemon. I also just don't know what every pokemon's job is and what they're about to do. I want to know a better sense of how to predict what items and moves they have so I can protect my pokemon and make better decisions. I always over think and get stuck there when wondering what is the best thing to do in a situation.
Are you able to use Discord?: yes Angel⭐#4444
yes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)