Announcement (APRIL FOOLS) np: BDSP Suspect Process, Round 4 - Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpySuX

I’ll encourage ya smile, I’d expect you don’t cry
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
tbh what i see here, people are either trolling or just not thinking too much into it.

what i've observed about darkrai and used it myself in BDSP OU:

It has very strong bulk without needing invest for defensive stats. Like for real it survives dragon dance dragon claw dragonite

+1 252 Atk Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 220-259 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(outrage obviously OHKO but most of time people run dragon claw on dragonite)

He outspeeds pretty much every other mons that not scarfed, has some type of builds can go from specs to life orb, maybe even leftovers substitute(not sure about leftosub build tho) and ofcouse chlorophyll venusaur outspeeds darkrai but venusaur dont have many moves. I think it all depends on situation how bulky venusaur is versus darkrai bulk

252 SpA Choice Specs Darkrai Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur: 302-356 (100.3 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

with choise spec venusaur atleast dies to darkrai before managing set up growth boost.

while LO darkrai has rng deciding the win 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Venusaur: 263-309 (87.3 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

meanwhile venusaurdamage to darkrai:

252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 160-188 (56.9 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 191-226 (67.9 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and wather ball is 2-4 times ohko.

ofcourse if venusaur gets one growth boost then venu can OHKO darkrai guaranteed with sludge bomb.

Also Dakrai has quite move pool like sludge bomb, dark pulse,focus blast,ice beam,psychic,thunder,thunderbolt etc. So he can cover most of team weaknesses or being with hail team using blizzard too.

not to mention hypnosis sleep with bad dreams. No need explain why that can be nasty.

Im on edge in this one tbh. Darkrai hits neutral on most pokemons and has quite bit coverage moves. With screen setup even he can be very big threat.

I do agree that there can be something like belly drum azumarill with aqua jet and scarfed ones like breloom or garchomp. Maybe extreme speed LO SD lucario but that i have not been able yet to see.

I think darkrai is on fence being fine in OU tier. I do agree that darkrai isnt forcing sacrifice or letting pokemon die like gengar.

I do disagree tho darkrai being similar to alakazam as alakazam is very squishy with very low defensive stats while darkrai has more decent base stats for defensive ones.

I am voting not banning darkrai atleast currently but it is on fence on this one.
55085EF3-2FEF-4423-90C7-F5301804565D.jpeg

Jeong

Banned deucer.
In my opinion, I would not ban Darkrai. The difference with Manaphy or Gengar is that it doesn't have the same bulk or scares as much as the other. In Gengar's case, it was overkill with Specs/NP for any style, making it awkward to fit. I consider that Darkrai can be controlled better, in addition to being weak to fairies. Another option is priority, like Match nape, loom. Sash Alakazam, Bliss, Scarf Uturn rachi, Lucario (not FB) ttar(CB, Chople etc) Sticky Web, DM Scarf Latios, Trick Scarf +Protect can be controlled as well. I don't think he has a better Match up vs Stall than Gengar.

I'm also not saying to drop various things like Giratina/Lugia lmao, but I think Darkrai will do the meta well.

In my opinion, I would not ban Darkrai. The difference with Manaphy or Gengar is that it doesn't have the same bulk or scares as much as the other. In Gengar's case, it was overkill with Specs/NP for any style, making it awkward to fit. I consider that Darkrai can be controlled better, in addition to being weak to fairies. Another option is priority, like Match nape, loom. Sash Alakazam, Bliss, Scarf Uturn rachi, Lucario (not FB) ttar(CB, Chople etc) Sticky Web, DM Scarf Latios, Trick Scarf +Protect can be controlled as well. I don't think he has a better Match up vs Stall than Gengar.

I'm also not saying to drop various things like Giratina/Lugia lmao, but I think Darkrai will do the meta well.
Darkrai actually does feel less insane than Gengar to my absolute shock and I find it absolutely hilarious when I see Darkrai not auto-win in NU. If nothing else this is really fun.

The incapacity of hitting many of the metagame staples like Pokéstar UFO and Pyroak makes me convinced that it should not be banned. Krillowatt and Hisuian Qwilfish, some of the most popular revenge killers, just need a simple 69HKO to deal with Darkrai, turning it into a niche option on Choice Scarf Mega Rayquaza teams, being replaceable for Eviolite Scraggy, which should, in fact, be suspect tested.

VGC 2017 Tapu Koko is another big threat to Darkrai. Helping Hand Twinkle Tackle with a critical hit will always OHKO Dakrai, turning it into a consistent Dakrai check.
Lvl 50 252+ SpA Tapu Koko Helping Hand Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai on a critical hit: 306-360 (108.5 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

WIth everything said, here's my voting reqs, registering as BDDD Among Us. To everyone else, good luck on the sussypect test and be sure to read the voting requirements set by stinky Eve
Screenshot 2022-04-02 12.12.43.png

Here's my team: https://pokepast.es/b5af44fdf692df97, which made me get to rank #0 on the BDSP NU ladder.
:sm/darkrai:

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
it is with a heavy heart that i must announce this test's sudden cancellation at the hands of Big Smogon. thanks everyone for participating and #freedarkrai

also for anyone who somehow couldn't tell- this was April Fools, but Darkrai was a pretty fun experiment. also read the first letter of each sentence in the suspect reasoning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)