ORAS UU Aquadext's team (very original title) (peaked #5)

Hi, I'm Aquadext ! I started playing on PS recently and haven't played competitive Pokémon for years. I started playing UU even more recently but thanks to the UU room and some kind players' advices, I could make up for lost time and build this team, which brought me to the Top 5 of the UU ladder.
But I feel like there's still room for improvement, and that's why I made this RMT.

The peak:​

THE TEAM

wowsodoge ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

This is a set that has been very popular these times. The EV spread is classic, as we want to outspeed and hit as many things as possible. Shuca Berry is a useful item, giving a "second chance" against powerful Ground-types such as Krookodile. Cobalion has many roles in the team. It works as my fast SR setter, this move being necessary in any competitive team. Thanks to its typing, it can find many opportunities to switch-in, throw Stealth Rocks and switch-out. Close Combat is the primary stab, and is very important, at it allows Cobalion to smack Snorlax, P2, Umbreon and having good damage on neutral foes in general. Iron Head is the secondary stab, hitting Crobat, Aerodactyl, Reuniclus and all these things that resist Fighting, and preventing Cobalion to be setup fodder. In the last moveslot, I used to use Thunder Wave, but Swords Dance is much more interesting, as Cobalion can act as a secondary win-condition if Reuniclus falls. Cobalion also serves as my Knock Off absorber, thanks to its x2 Dark resistance and Justified, as Reuniclus is weak to this common move.

I shit ribbons ◕3◕ (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 230 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I stole this set from Serperior for Uber. I gave it 32 Spe EVs not to get speed creeped by ennemy RoarCunes. Suicune is a versatile Pokemon, filling many roles in the team. It can spread burns with Scald, phaze setup sweepers with Roar (stacking residual damage with SR), and works as a necessary status absorber for the team, as I have no cleric. Its awesome bulk and good typing allow it to check nearly every physical attacker in the UU metagame, including Feraligatr, Sharpedo, Aerodactyl, Machamp... It's also my best bet against the unbalanced Slurpuff.
It's a very self-sufficient Pokemon, and does not rely on its team as much as my other Pokemons do, but it's still a very valuable addition to the team.

´ ▽ `)ノ ima fetus (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

My necessary win condition. This little green blob won me so many lost games, often with a little bit of luck. Reuniclus is awesome, checking threatening Fighting and Poison types in the game. It works as my second scald absorber with Suicune thanks to Magic Guard, and works particulary well against ennemy Suicunes. The set is very standard: Calm Mind boosts its SpA and SpDef, quickly changing it into an unstoppable force. Psyshock is a good stab, hitting for good damage and destroying special walls such as Blissey. Focus Miss Blast is a good coverage move, hitting Dark and Steel types, such as Cobalion, Aggron and Hydreigon, Krookodile, very hard (especially on the switch). Finally, Recover is the necessary recovery move, making it very cancerous against things that cannot 2HKO it.

ಠ益ಠ (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Salamence is my special wallbreaker and hazards remover. It has good synergy with Suicune and Cobalion, and can find many switch-in opportunities thanks to its resistances to Fighting, Ground, Fire, Water, Ground, Bug, and Intimidate. It can check many threats such as Lucario, Krookodile, Nidos, and Beedrill. Draco Meteor is a very powerful stab with Life Orb, OHKO'ing many frail and not so frail Pokémons (even some Nidoqueen variants). Fire Blast is a good coverage move, hitting Steel-types for good damage (and OHKO'ing Cobalion and Forretress). Defog is a necessary hazard removing move, as Beedrill is very weak to Stealth Rock. Finally, Roost is a good recovery move, and very important as Salamence takes 25% damage from SR.

bzz bzz ૂི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off Drill Run

MBee is an amazing Pokémon, you love or you hate it. I needed a very fast, powerful sweeper and momentum gainer, and MBee fills these roles perfectly. There's not much to say about it: standard EV spread, and i'm using an Adamant nature over Jolly, as Jolly MBee doesn't outspeed many relevant threats (beside scarf Chandelure and max speed Crobat), and the bonus Atk is le bienvenue. U-turn is a strong stab, gaining momentum for the team, Protect allows Mbee to mega-evolve safely and scout, Poison Jab is a powerful Stab that deal amazing damage to many Pokemons, and Knock Off is very useful to cripple bulky switch-ins.

Ƶƶ(☄ ̄▵—▵ ̄)☄ (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest

Credits to YouthBerry for giving me this set. I used to use a Choice Band Krookodile, which worked fine, but then I noticed I had no special switch-in and I struggled against powerful Choice Specs users. That's why I'm now using Snorlax.
I'm using Choice Band for the Atk boost. 252 Atk EVs to hit as hard as possible, 28 Spe EVs to speed creep uninvested 30 BS Speed Pokémons, and the rest is dumped into SpD to take as many special attacks as possible.
Snorlax can switch into many special attackers, such as Nidoqueen, Rotom, Hydreigon and Chandelure. Body Slam is the primary stab, hitting very hard and having a nice 30% paralysis chance. Earthquake is a strong coverage move, hitting Steel and Rock types that resist Body Slam. Pursuit is often unexpected, and allows to get surprise kills on Chandelure and Psychic-types. Finally, Facade is a very nice move, taking advantage of status ailments and allowing Snorlax to act as a third Scald absorber (you never have enough).

Importable:
wowsodoge ᶘ ͡°ᴥ͡°ᶅ (Cobalion) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

I shit ribbons ◕3◕ (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 230 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

´ ▽ `)ノ ima fetus (Reuniclus) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

ಠ益ಠ (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

bzz bzz ૂི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Ƶƶ(☄ ̄▵—▵ ̄)☄ (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Earthquake

Thanks to Staraptor 4 UU (aka selfiehater) for helping me with all this stuff. Also thanks to Serperior for Uber for often helping and advising me !

I hope you enjoyed reading my RMT, and I am open to any criticism or advice ! n_n​

Last edited:
Haha, let's be real here, Aquadext. You changed Krookodile to Snorlax just because its name (One Hit Knock Off) didn't have any of those eeny weeny symbols.

Other than that, good job at peaking on #5 of ladder

Haha, let's be real here, Aquadext. You changed Krookodile to Snorlax just because its name (One Hit Knock Off) didn't have any of those eeny weeny symbols.

Other than that, good job at peaking on #5 of ladder
I admit I did it for that too :] I didn't want to give you too much credits

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This looks like an amazing team and I am excited to rate this so here we go!
  • First off, I may suggest that you go Return > Body Slam on Snorlax. This is to prevent the possibility of paralyzing mons that you don't want to paralyze, but would rather want to burn with Scald and your team is pretty fast already. Return also gives Snorlax a more powerful STAB move to power through some things (not sure what because I am too lazy to calc) and you gain more PP albeit only 8, lol.
  • Second, I would suggest Colbur Berry > Leftovers on Reuniclus. This would allow your Reuniclus to combat Dark-types that will try and power through it after a couple of boosts. While Reuniclus will miss the passive recovery of Leftovers, I feel this makes your Dark-type matchup even better (although this isn't a necessary change since you have MBee and Cobalion).
  • Lastly, I would suggest running Jolly > Adamant on Mega Beedrill. I understand Adamant allows Mega Beedrill to hit harder, but I feel that the Speed is necessary as your Scarf Chandelure checks (Lax, Reun, and Cune) all hate being Tricked a Scarf and being able to outspeed it will be nice. Plus it also makes sure that Max Speed Crobat cannot beat you.
Other than that, solid looking team and congratulations on the peak!

This looks like an amazing team and I am excited to rate this so here we go!
  • First off, I may suggest that you go Return > Body Slam on Snorlax. This is to prevent the possibility of paralyzing mons that you don't want to paralyze, but would rather want to burn with Scald and your team is pretty fast already. Return also gives Snorlax a more powerful STAB move to power through some things (not sure what because I am too lazy to calc) and you gain more PP albeit only 8, lol.
  • Second, I would suggest Colbur Berry > Leftovers on Reuniclus. This would allow your Reuniclus to combat Dark-types that will try and power through it after a couple of boosts. While Reuniclus will miss the passive recovery of Leftovers, I feel this makes your Dark-type matchup even better (although this isn't a necessary change since you have MBee and Cobalion).
  • Lastly, I would suggest running Jolly > Adamant on Mega Beedrill. I understand Adamant allows Mega Beedrill to hit harder, but I feel that the Speed is necessary as your Scarf Chandelure checks (Lax, Reun, and Cune) all hate being Tricked a Scarf and being able to outspeed it will be nice. Plus it also makes sure that Max Speed Crobat cannot beat you.
Other than that, solid looking team and congratulations on the peak!
Thanks friend !

You made pertinent suggestions and I'll use them, but I'm really not convinced by the Colbur Berry Reuniclus... I feel like the passive recovery provided by Leftovers is much more valuable in many situations. But I'll give it a try for sure !

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Aquadext, cool looking team you have here! I'm a big fan of bulky offense, and this team seems to cover most of UU's biggest threats pretty well. I've built bulky offense teams with the Snorlax / Suicune / Reuniclus fat core in the past and know just how effective it is. However, I see a few sets you could change that would really optimize your team's effectiveness overall:
  • I disagree with making Mega Beedrill Jolly. I think you have plenty of checks for Scarf Chandelure (Snorlax in particular prevents Chandelure from doing anything to your team). And while Chandelure could always trick Snorlax on the switch, you have Protect on Mega Beedrill to scout what it chooses to do. I would also suggest changing Knock Off -> Drill Run because it provides you with significantly better coverage overall. Adamant Drill Run gets an OHKO on Lucario (which sets up an SD on your current set and can clean late game once Cobalion gets weakened) and 2HKO's Cobalion, Empoleon, and Nidoqueen, with the former two being nuisances to much of your team and the latter having no repeated switch-ins.
  • Banded Snorlax is a really cool pokemon, but I don't think it fits very well on your team, seeing as how Snorlax is your special attacker blanket check. It's the only thing on your team that can feasibly switch into LO Hydreigon, Nidoqueen, and most other special wallbreakers. I think running a Snorlax variant with Rest is your best bet, as it'll give you a reliable answer to many of the tier's big threats. I would switch the EV's to the standard Curselax spread (144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD Careful) and run at least Body Slam, Rest, and Curse, with either Earthquake or Sleep Talk in the last slot. Earthquake allows you to hit Doublade and Chandelure, two common pokemon that shut down standard Curselax, while Sleep Talk prevents you from giving free turns to your opponent every time you need to recover HP. I would personally go with Earthquake, seeing as how most people are getting pretty lazy with teambuilding and think slapping a Ghost type onto their team will prevent Curselax from sweeping them.
With those changes in mind, I believe you have a really solid bulky offense team! I hope you take my suggestions into consideration and try them out. Good luck with everything :]

Thanks for your advices Vapo !

I'm actually trying all sorts of things in this team (rip my elo) and I was considering using CurseLax, but I was not really sure about having 2 (very) slow wincons. But you gave me solid arguments and convinced me, so I'm going to try your Lax set.

As for Beedrill, I'm not really sure if I should use jolly or adamant, so I'm trying both and seeing what fits best.

I was also wondering, should I change my RMT each time I make changes in my team or do I let the original text ?

I was also wondering, should I change my RMT each time I make changes in my team or do I let the original text ?
Just strikethrough the old text (don't delete it) and enter your changes in differently coloured text each time u change one mon's set.

I really enjoyed using this team. I actually don't have any qualms so far other than myself changing Beedrill to Jolly so you outspeed Scarf Chandy and Return over Body Slam to hit harder. Keep up the good work buddy :]

Hey man, really cool team dude! I actually have made the exact team before and used it in round 1 of UU open(It lost though :(). I initially ran a Sub + Calm Mind set on my Suicune but I agree Roar / Talk is the best bet for sure. I have a few suggestions that I think will overall better the team.

My first suggestion is Life Orb Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on Reuniclus. Doublade walls 4 out of the 6 mons and I found Shadow Ball to work as a fantastic lure for Beedrill, Cobalion, and Snorlax. Also it is really good for Hoopa which pretty much demolishes the entire team.

My next suggestion is to run Pursuit > Knock Off / Drill Run on Beedrill. Volt Turners, especially Heliolisk, run a train through this team and Pursuit lets you successfully deal with them on a predicted switch out. This also helps to Pursuit the aforementioned Hoopa and any other Ghost type so it opens a whole for Snorlax to sweep.

My last option is to run standard Curse/Lax. Curse Lax is your main switch in to most Special Attackers and the use of Sleep Talk is extremely important so you are not a dead pokemon for two turns. The standard set is also far better in the first place.

These are the only suggestions I have for this team, I personally like this team a lot and I had a lot of fun using it. Good Luck!

Hey man, really cool team dude! I actually have made the exact team before and used it in round 1 of UU open(It lost though :(). I initially ran a Sub + Calm Mind set on my Suicune but I agree Roar / Talk is the best bet for sure. I have a few suggestions that I think will overall better the team.

My first suggestion is Life Orb Shadow Ball > Focus Blast on Reuniclus. Doublade walls 4 out of the 6 mons and I found Shadow Ball to work as a fantastic lure for Beedrill, Cobalion, and Snorlax. Also it is really good for Hoopa which pretty much demolishes the entire team.

My next suggestion is to run Pursuit > Knock Off / Drill Run on Beedrill. Volt Turners, especially Heliolisk, run a train through this team and Pursuit lets you successfully deal with them on a predicted switch out. This also helps to Pursuit the aforementioned Hoopa and any other Ghost type so it opens a whole for Snorlax to sweep.

My last option is to run standard Curse/Lax. Curse Lax is your main switch in to most Special Attackers and the use of Sleep Talk is extremely important so you are not a dead pokemon for two turns. The standard set is also far better in the first place.

These are the only suggestions I have for this team, I personally like this team a lot and I had a lot of fun using it. Good Luck!
Thanks for rating !

These are good suggestions you made. But for Reuniclus, I already tried Shadow Ball and I don't really like it. Focus Blast gives me so much kills on Absol, Krook, Hydrei on predicted switches, i'm not sure having Shadow Ball for Doublade and Hoopa is worth the loss. Other than that, I'll try your suggestions for sure !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)