Postgame AQUANAfia Postgame

What game would you like to see me design next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Regarding shade's addition to the sheet not being necessary: I try to maintain at least 2 people on my sheets at all times so as to prevent the complete death of all village info. It was between adding shade and Eagle4, and since shade's pm was seemingly 100% confirmed...

Speaking of that, by the way, another thing that had me convinced on shade: the night of the "sharknado", minwu tried to target me and ran face first into a Castle Guard safeguard, leading me to believe that they had tried to SG+kill me and that shade was the only thing that blocked it.

GG, was fun, fuk shade

the night of the "sharknado", minwu tried to target me and ran face first into a Castle Guard safeguard, leading me to believe that they had tried to SG+kill me and that shade was the only thing that blocked it.
oh, I remember this now, too. the rands (or mafia conspiracy at that point in the game, idk) were kind of incredible.

Yeti

dark saturday
The mafia thought Walrein would be BGing himself, and the RV knew his twin, so the two mafia decided the CG would SG+kill AG on N2 and then the CG would SG while the RV killed Walrein on N3, when he would have inherited the inspect and thus before he could get a result. The RV didn't tell the CG they were intentionally idling so the CG still used their SG and the RV went along with the assumption they had been 'hooked' despite the complete absence of any such village role once the RevMar died. Again, if they had shot at Walrein N2 instead of assuming he would be BGed, shade's role could have been equally as proven N3 since neither team would have a kill, but Walrien would've been dead and I think jumpluff, with control over the village, would have gone ahead and lynched DLE.

It is a bit odd nobody really discussed the kill cycle of the mafia within the village group, I think Eagle4 and penguin speculated to me about the kill cycles iirc. The game would've been ridiculously imbalanced in favor of the mafia if they could kill nightly - that's 6 people dead by N3, if they lynch then that's half the game dead already, and depending on crossfire the village could easily have lost majority or been forced to tie on like D3. I also considered giving the mafia every-other-night kills but I felt that they wouldn't be able to clear enough villagers with that and they'd have to require at least two mislynches to win. It's an interesting design dilemma when you run off the assumption the village will mislynch in order to give the mafia a fair shot at winning - perhaps they still would've won if they avoided all crossfire, as they did this game, but it certainly benefits their numbers for the village to hit one of their own.

The mafia thought Walrein would be BGing himself, and the RV knew his twin, so the two mafia decided the CG would SG+kill AG on N2 and then the CG would SG while the RV killed Walrein on N3, when he would have inherited the inspect and thus before he could get a result. The RV didn't tell the CG they were intentionally idling so the CG still used their SG and the RV went along with the assumption they had been 'hooked' despite the complete absence of any such village role once the RevMar died. Again, if they had shot at Walrein N2 instead of assuming he would be BGed, shade's role could have been equally as proven N3 since neither team would have a kill, but Walrien would've been dead and I think jumpluff, with control over the village, would have gone ahead and lynched DLE.

It is a bit odd nobody really discussed the kill cycle of the mafia within the village group, I think Eagle4 and penguin speculated to me about the kill cycles iirc. The game would've been ridiculously imbalanced in favor of the mafia if they could kill nightly - that's 6 people dead by N3, if they lynch then that's half the game dead already, and depending on crossfire the village could easily have lost majority or been forced to tie on like D3. I also considered giving the mafia every-other-night kills but I felt that they wouldn't be able to clear enough villagers with that and they'd have to require at least two mislynches to win. It's an interesting design dilemma when you run off the assumption the village will mislynch in order to give the mafia a fair shot at winning - perhaps they still would've won if they avoided all crossfire, as they did this game, but it certainly benefits their numbers for the village to hit one of their own.
'Cause it was never relevant to anything until the sharknado came up and we had enough unknown quantities, and we would know soon enough anyways

(GG Everyone)

This was a fun game to play (and mostly watch, N0 inspected -_-). There's... not much else I can say that hasn't already been said, but the only negative among a great game (aside from The Whale's flavor) was how (bad) luck played a major role, but even then, we still had a chance under certain circumstances.

Just noting that asked for inspector, not a leader-esque role... just that the context of my request was similar to that.

(Also, given our weaknesses, I probably should have been the one claiming, not Walrein, except for the whole recent Big game thing...)

GG, it was fun

So yeah in the beginning I acted absolutely retarded, but I think this was a pretty good learning experience.

So initially zorbees (?) contacted me and pressured me into giving away my PM- I was worried because it was the first time anyone had asked and so I didn't want to be thought of as scum because I had no prior mafia experience and didn't know how to say no I guess. Then later Penguin344 contacted me and posted his role pretty much right away and pressured me, but I refused to give anything away because I was scared of being an idiot. Claimed to Walrein after he established credibility in exchange for a bit of info that I wanted, and then nightkilled D1 -_-

Yeti

dark saturday
that's what u get for complaining about vanillagers in a non-NOC when u sign up.

honestly I think that plain vanillas have always been a huge balancing factor in smogon mafias for a long time - we also have some roles that have the same overall impact as vanilla, which lets us give villages the numbers they need while not giving them so many nightroles that it's unbalanced. unless you overload the mafia to compensate for a 15-man village having 15 night roles, or 14 and mayor, vanilla gives them the voting power they need while having superfluous villagers who could be randed in place of power roles and don't tamper with "how many protection/disabling roles do you have".

Well, even the presence of a role makes a villager stronger, because they have something to prove their claim with and even the most useless roles can be used to clean people, etc. Of course, the tradeoff is greater player engagement and vanillagers having something to occupy themselves with. It's not the same thing balancewise though.

Well, even the presence of a role makes a villager stronger, because they have something to prove their claim with and even the most useless roles can be used to clean people, etc. Of course, the tradeoff is greater player engagement and vanillagers having something to occupy themselves with. It's not the same thing balancewise though.
I don't think it's a huge balance concern as long as you give the mafia similarly useless abilities to fake.

I don't think it's a huge balance concern as long as you give the mafia similarly useless abilities to fake.
yea, I agree, I just thought it slightly contradicted the ethos of Yeti's post.

I thought, say, MM2 was good in this respect, although not everyone had a night role. There was street justice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)