ORAS OU Arcanine's Reckoning

Have been away for several months and came back to find a whole new metagame, so I am just looking to make a team I enjoy using, that is reasonable in this meta. Looking for some ideas that help keep the team has honest to its OG idea as possible. So here it is.

Wayward Son (Arcanine) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Extreme Speed

I was bored using the new standard teams, and I really do not like using other teams from people so I tried to get original and use something I liked. Arcanine literally at least checks every physical attacker in the tier bar 3-4 mons(most notably charx and gliscor who literallly dont give two fucks about arcanine). This is my switchin to some really threatening and prevalent mons like lopunny, metagross, weavile, talonflame(stallbreaker set is annoying),scizor and then just other standard physical attackers. I am able to get some damage with rocky helmet which starts to rack up then spread around willo and can finish off weakened mons with espeed.

Slag (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Chesnaught was to handle the ground types that gave arcanine trouble and a more reliable switchin to bisharp(damn defiant), also fits the bill for spreading around chip damage through setting up spikes and getting a leech seed up. really useful against sand teams, might just be the best sand counter out there. Not much else about chesnaught except hes another great physical wall that is good at getting important damage on mons. Garchomp is kind of annoying since most seem to run fire blast but I also have my next mon to finish off the fwg.

BitchTits (Slowbro) (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Figured since I didn't already have a mega I could try out this set that can just solo whole teams sometimes, and it helps with my charx problem as well as gliscor and garchomp. I usualy just use this in its base form to pivot around with regenerator until its time to turn up the heat and go for some calm minds when any threats are down or weakened sufficiently, then it just goes to town. Really cool mon that takes like 34% from scarftars crunch, to give an idea of the bulk.

Pink Bitch (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

I regrettably added Chansey because as you can see 3 of my mons are basically dedicated to handling physical threats, so I just figured chansey is a good catchall for special attacks, and I needed rocks. I wish I had more to say chansey is just exactly what I nicknamed her and does her job really well. Pretty boring.

Grimlock (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Then I just honestly threw on my favorite offensive core to make the team play a bit faster, bisharp deals devastating damage even without an SD, and with how well the rest of the team spreads damage through status and hazards it becomes pretty easy for bisharp to clean up late game. It also is really nice to have the priority for the more offensive teams and serves as a last ditch effort switchin/check against hoopa(but honestly hoopa 2 stronk).

Sludge (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar and Bisharp are just the gruesome twosome, my favorite offensive mons by far and I wanted to have these two to clean up the mess the other team mates have left. The moveset is pretty standard I suppose taunt could be any number of things, I mean this team gets bodied by stall anyway so taunt might be too little to justify keeping, could see using maybe destiny bond or a better coverage move.

Weaknesses: I am sure you can see a glaring weakness to Mega Sableye/Goth stall, and yeah this team just loses to it. I dont know what to do to fix it, or if I honestly care. I do not really care about laddering so I have no problem just forfeiting when I see those teams. Another one is hoopa is a nightmare, but can usually be worn down with hazards, status, Lo recoil etc... then finished off but usually after taking something out. And then honestly thats all Ive encountered so far that was a big issue, mega gardevoir was almost an issue but I played around it just fine.

I have only played about 15 games with this team around the 1500's so not a great sample, but I am 13-2 with it which is better than I care about. Ill throw up some replays as I get them to showcase the team a bit more. Really looking for any suggestions, or even just optimised evs or sets, any help is appreciated.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-280025614
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-280032000

Last edited:
Hi!

Arcanine: This is my switchin to some really threatening and prevalent mons like lopunny, metagross, weavile, talonflame(stallbreaker set is annoying),scizor and then just other standard physical attackers.

You already have Metagross, Lopunny, Weavile, and Talonflame covered with Mega Slowbro. If you replaced Arcanine with Bulk Up + Wisp Talonflame stallbreakerHeatran (Talon if you decide to put something to remove hazards) , it would help your matchup against Mega Sableye + Mega Scizor (and stall), as well as check Mega Garde. I understand that you built this team around Arcanine, and I don't really want to replace it, but it really doesn't do much for your team. If you do decide to use Heatran, Slowbro can run a 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef spread to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Metagross's Grass Knot after SR.

Last edited:
Hi!

Arcanine: This is my switchin to some really threatening and prevalent mons like lopunny, metagross, weavile, talonflame(stallbreaker set is annoying),scizor and then just other standard physical attackers.

You already have Metagross, Lopunny, Weavile, and Talonflame covered with Mega Slowbro. If you replaced Arcanine with Bulk Up + Wisp Talonflame stallbreakerHeatran (Talon if you decide to put something to remove hazards) , it would help your matchup against Mega Sableye + Mega Scizor (and stall), as well as check Mega Garde. I understand that you built this team around Arcanine, and I don't really want to replace it, but it really doesn't do much for your team. If you do decide to use Heatran, Slowbro can run a 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpDef spread to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Metagross's Grass Knot after SR.
Thank you that seems to be a perfect suggestion. I do love Arcanine and probably will keep him while I dig my way out of low ladder, but if I start making a serious try at ladder I will definitely switch him in for the heatran set you suggested it just seems way more consistent.

Do you think that slowbro can still handle all those physical threats if I change his evs to be mixed defense though?

You have more than enough physical bulk so a spread of 4HP / 252Def / 252SpD on Chansey (note that this spread is only viable on Chansey) maximizes Eviolite's benefits, notably having even better special bulk while keeping a nice physical bulk as well.

Hello user: MegaScizor.

Looking at your team, I've noticed that your team is pretty weak to some set up mons because of the passive mons on your team: Chansey, Arcanine, Chesnaught, and Slowbro (kind of). Belly Drum Azumarill, Manaphy, Calm Mind Mega Sableye and Dragon Dance Mega Altaria are the more prominent ones.
>

An easy fix to helping against Azumarill, Manaphy, and Mega Altaria would be to run Ferrothorn over Chesnaught. Ferrothorn is able to keep Spikes and Leech Seed and is a nice physical/mixed wall, so it can replace Chesnaught's role fairly nicely. Ferrothorn is a nice switch-in to DD Mega Altaria, Azumarill, and Manaphy. HP Fire Manaphy isn't used in rain really, so Chansey can most likely beat that set. However, if you get rid of Chesnaught that leaves you a bit weak to Bisharp, and Ferrothorn doesn't help with CM Mega Sableye. Thus, I'd recommend this change along with it:
>

Calm Mind Keldeo serves as a switch in to Bisharp with Chesnaught being gone. Keldeo is still able to beat Weavile and Scizor which Arcanine originally was on the team for. It also beats CM Mega Sableye; however, Keldeo can still be worn down fairly easily.

Running Lum Berry Bisharp would help in breaking down CM Mega Sableye if you find yourself having problems with it still.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)