move 4: Recover
item: Dread Plate
ability: Multitype
nature: Timid
evs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Perish Song limits your foe to only three turns of play, which coupled with Whirlpool prevents the opponent from switching out. Judgment is Dark Arceus's main attack and is very useful to get off chip damage or even knock out the foe at low HP. Judgment also hits a lot of common Pokemon super effectively, such as Lugia, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus, and it also hits the Ghost-types that cannot be trapped by Whirlpool. Recover is used to help Dark Arceus survive longer when a foe is trapped.

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs help Dark Arceus outspeed maximum Speed base 110s like Mega Diancie, Latios, and Latias. 248 HP EVs are used to maximize Dark Arceus's bulk and to also minimize entry hazard damage. The remaining EVs are poured into Defense, since most of the Pokemon that are pressuring Dark Arceus will be physical attackers. Maximum Speed investment is another option that Dark Arceus can use so that it will outspeed or, at worst, Speed tie with Ghost Arceus, preventing it from being KOed by a Brick Break or Focus Blast if it wins the tie and has not been weakened much.

Usage Tips
========

Dark Arceus should be used against bulkier Pokemon that cannot do much damage to it, such as Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus and other Arceus formes, and Blissey, so that it is able to stall them out successfully. However, some bulky Pokemon such as Ho-Oh can deal a lot of damage to Dark Arceus, preventing it from successfully trapping and KOing them. Since Dark Arceus will usually only be in play for about four turns at a time, and most of those turns will be it using Recover, Dark Arceus does not really care about being burned, but really fears Toxic due to the great increase in damage taken every turn. Dark Arceus's great typing means it should be switched in on very prominent threats in the metagame, such as Giratina-O, Lugia, and Ghost Arceus. Some setup Pokemon can be very scary and sometimes it might be worth it to get off a sacrificial Perish Song to threaten these Pokemon out. Be wary of Primal Groudon when it switches in, as it is unaffected by Whirlpool and as such cannot be trapped and will get a free turn. Dark Arceus also lures in Klefki and deals with it well, which means that balanced teams can get broken down quite easily by Dark Arceus; however, Klefki will usually be able to significantly damage Dark Arceus in the process. When using this set, keep in mind that once Dark Arceus traps a Pokemon with Whirlpool, it does not have to stay in, as switching out can also be a good option after trapping a Pokemon, since you can switch to a check while the opponent's only option is to stay in.

Team Options
========

Primal Groudon is known for being able to pair well with almost any Pokemon, and Dark Arceus is no exception. Dark Arceus really appreciates Primal Groudon's ability to take on Xerneas, as well as having a switch-in to Klefki to avoid Thunder Wave and Toxic while limiting the layers of Spikes it can set up. Since Dark Arceus is a stallbreaker and is overwhelmed by offense, combinations of partners that can deal with offense are helpful. Giratina-O can switch in, avoid the 2HKO from Primal Groudon, and will be able to help out a lot by threatening Primal Groudon out, since Whirlpool cannot hit it through harsh sunlight. Klefki is also a nice partner, as it is able to paralyze and cripple opposing threats, as well as set up Spikes. Not only that, but Klefki is also helpful to have for the ever-common Fairies that give Dark Arceus so much trouble. Dialga is able to take on the very threatening Mega Salamence as well as set up Stealth Rock. Although Dark Arceus is able to deal with Pokemon such as Deoxys-A and Mewtwo, it is a good idea to have a secondary answer to these Pokemon, since their Speed allows them to come in and revenge kill Dark Arceus when it is not at full HP. Xerneas really appreciates this set, since it is heavily walled by Blissey and Klefki, two Pokemon that Dark Arceus deals with quite easily, and it can really get to work after they are taken care of.

Last edited:
i think the 176 spread is better, the 80 def can help with trapping some physical mons (ho-oh), but max speed could hit sd ghostceus so im not actually sure... wait for other qc to chime in.

mention why darkceus is best at this sort of set - dark judg hits ghosts that are immune to being trapped, and it baits ho-oh/keys pretty well meaning it can potentially dismantle everyones favorite balance build. ho-oh can be a pain to trap successfully though, mostly relies on whirlpooling the switch and cb does way too much damage to fuck with. cant trap both either unless theres some real (mis)plays going on

might want a secondary answer to mons like mewtwo, deo-a and gengar though, as they will smack you first which causes a pain if darkceus isnt full hp.
also while you have mons that support darkceus, mention the mons that appreciate the perishtrap (anything checked by keys/blissey really)
probably worth moving pdon to #1 team option (yawn) as primal kyogre really enjoys seeing this set, other water resists work for a pivot too.

QC 1/3

Well going to the ev spread, I talked about running 176 in set details to show that it's another option. If you guys want to change that to the main set though that's fine just let me know.

Ready for QC check #2 btw.

Last edited:
176 timid should absolutely be the main listed spread, you really only lose out on sd ghostceus and that has espeed once brick break has worn darkness down enough anyway. Speed tying that initially simply is not that important. There is no reason to run max speed on this.

Please mention more specific pokemon this traps in set details. Certain steels like Ferrothorn and of course Klefki will be trapped, although Darkness will likely be quite wounded in the process. You can trap blobs, certain support arceus formes (do NOT switch in on Toxic), and the uncommon clefable as well. Choice Band and TWAVE Ho-Oh are so difficult to trap that idk if I would even bother mentioning it. Remove Taunt mention from usage tips, you outspeed Yveltal anyway (who won't even stay in unless they pack Toxic), and mewtwo / deoxys won't waste a turn taunting for obvious reasons. Taunt is only scary to darkness on paper, until you realize nothing in this tier will bother taunting it.

Usage tips are fine besides this, and team options is good now

QC 2/3

Nayrz I literally did this on lunch break from my phone, are you happy ,__, (celebrate)

VERY HAPPY - Nayrz

just as a heads up for 0kay incase u were not aware (i see 'implemented' in the title which gives me this impression)

u write this up and then get the 3rd qc check after. the third will evaluate the write up.

Oh right I totally forgot I had to put this in paragraph form and all that after the 2nd QC check. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: alright I totally blanked earlier but this is actually ready for QC #3 now.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a heads up that you should probably examine the way on-site Ubers analyses are written in addition to looking over GP standards. There is a lot of content here that can be fixed now so that GP isn't as swamped when they do their checks. Especially make sure the content is clearly communicated before GP makes their checks that way important information isn't lost in translation or edited to being incorrect.

Under set details the Speed benchmark of that EV spread is not Rayquaza or Yveltal, it's max base 110s. Your sentence structure explaining what the other EVs do is confusing, all you need to say is that 248 HP is to maximize mixed bulk and to reduce hazard damage, then the remaining EVs go into physical defensive because what damage you're taking is usually from physical attackers. Do not cp this sentence, write it in your own words and make it sound professional. The last sentence of the paragraph also isn't necessary and I believe the bit about "Ghost Arceus is not as common in the metagame" to be factually incorrect information considering it is the second most used Arceus forme (based on current usage stats).

In usage tips this sentence "Dark is probably the best Arceus forme for this type of set, since the ghost types that cannot be trapped are hit hard by the Dark type Judgment." is something I think would fit better in the moves section because it highlights why Arceus-Dark is utilized for such a tech. In team options I'm not too sure about the Yveltal mention. I see where you're coming from, but I honestly think you'd have a hard time creating a sound build (from a role compression viewpoint) that runs both of these Pokemon.

Do these and QC 3/3

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a few problems with this set. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like sets that are this specific getting analyses. To me, this is one of those sets that you could probably get away with using very occasionally in tours to catch people off-guard, but I can't advocate using this on a regular basis, therefore I don't think it should be a set to go on site. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting this set's viability. I'm just concerned about what kind of things go on-site. From what I've gathered from Sweep, this set works very well if you've scouted out an opponent and know they bring PerishTrappable Pokemon to most of their matches, which I reckon is a pretty poor premise. I might be old fashioned, but I've literally never seen an analysis go "hey scout your opponent out before using this set". Apart from that little niche, this thing doesn't do much else. It doesn't attack or sweep, doesn't check that much, and the things it does check you can fit Pokemon for that do FAR more than a little niche thing that is matchup dependent (eg Darkrai/Yveltal for Ghostceus, GeoXern/Steels for Latias). It's obviously great if your matchup is highly suggestive, but dead weight otherwise. Things like this belong in OO imo.

[9:40:07 PM] shrang: is perishtrap darkceus getting approved

[9:40:16 PM] shrang: because that set is (puke)

[9:40:32 PM] shrang: hate specific as fuck sets like that

[9:40:42 PM] Sweep: Yes

[9:40:49 PM] Sweep: I like it :C

[9:40:55 PM] shrang: it's one of those sets that you can fuck over someone once in some tournament

[9:41:01 PM] shrang: then can't use it ever again

[9:41:10 PM] shrang: doesn't deserve to go on site imo

[9:41:35 PM] Sweep: It has a niche of counterstyling

[9:41:41 PM] Sweep: :) (sun)

[9:41:58 PM] shrang: what does that even mean lol

[9:43:20 PM] Sweep: Means that if you are scouting someone for a tournament and you know they use mons susceptible to whirlpool trapping

[9:43:36 PM] Sweep: It is a viable option

[9:43:52 PM] shrang: I'm not saying it's unviable

[9:43:56 PM] shrang: it's just so specific

[9:44:03 PM] shrang: that I don't see a place for such a set to be on site

[9:44:10 PM] shrang: the analysis should literally say

[9:44:39 PM] shrang: "this set only works if you know that your opponent has a high chance of bring those trappable mons"

[9:45:02 PM] shrang: "it is borderline useless vs everything else"

[9:45:23 PM] shrang: I don't if we're ok for it

[9:45:31 PM] shrang: but I've literally never seen an analysis say

[9:45:38 PM] shrang: "scout your opponent before using this set"

[9:45:57 PM] shrang: altho I don't know what analyses are doing these days

[9:46:18 PM] Sweep: Maybe it is just my tour background speaking

[9:47:53 PM] Sweep: I feel analyses should encompass that though

[9:48:19 PM] shrang: imo that's what OO is for

[9:49:55 PM] Sweep: I feel oo is for gimmicks

[9:49:56 PM] Sweep: Idk

[9:50:09 PM] shrang: that's essentially what it is imo

[9:50:20 PM] shrang: perishtrap is a gimmick that can catch opponents from time to time

[9:50:32 PM] shrang: it's not something you can run game in game out

[9:50:39 PM] shrang: because it does literally 0 otherwise

[9:51:24 PM] shrang: I guess you can trap ghostceus sort of

[9:51:31 PM] shrang: and lati@s

[9:51:45 PM] shrang: well not trap ghostceus

[9:51:46 PM] shrang: check

[9:51:52 PM] shrang: it can trap a bunch of things

[9:52:02 PM] shrang: but not a particularly good check to a lot of things

i can see where you are coming from and i don't plan to approve many of the more tour based sets, because a line is too hard to realistically draw for the sets that take more out of game knowledge (opponents, what they use) to use than standard sets. defensive geoxern is one set i've been asked about in regards to getting a dex addition but sweep doesn't feel it should be added. i don't remember the reasoning :(

i believe that this set is close enough to the line that i'd personally use for approving, as i'd say this is around the same viability as the cm darkceus set (more so in certain matchups). this set in particular was actually a suggestion from users such as hack and others in the ps room that believed it was viable enough to warrant a dex addition (was also approved by sweep and i). i don't actually think this set gets a lot of tournament usage so this is more of an exception that probably won't be repeated much if at all.

going forward with new set approvals, i think that if a potential set is just as viable as some standard sets/current dex sets of that time then its a decent line to draw for future reference.

or maybe just continue on a case by case basis? i'm down to hear feedback.

edit: agree w/ minority's points on dex additions

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We have a long list of precedents for giving sets, and even Pokemon analyses that are specific, niche, got brought to a couple tour games, or whatever you want to call it. I don't see a problem with giving a set or Pokemon an analysis that is niche, or isn't commonly used, or is primarily for counter styling, so long as it isn't a gimmick (something that I find highly matchup reliant when it comes to its success). I approved this set because of this fact and because I believe that what we have on site should lean more towards being inclusive.

As for the "scout your opponent before using this set" in any serious match you're going to scout your opponent before using any set, from RP Primal Groudon to TR Cresselia, so idk how this is a problem. If anything that should just be removed from the analysis because it's implied for every set in existence.

It goes without saying that a Pokemon doesn't need to be a sweeper or an attacker (whatever that means, every Pokemon uses attacks) to get an analysis. You even admit that this set is viable and later confirm it has a niche, which confuses me as to what you're trying to argue. You later describe this set as one that is only used to counter style in tournaments, but this isn't an argument towards denying a Pokemon a set. Like I already mentioned, we have a long list of precedents where we do just this: approve Pokemon or sets that get successful tournament use but are rarely seen elsewhere. If you feel that this practice should be completely stopped and that only sets that see widespread use on both the ladder and in tours should get approved that is something you could push for when it comes to starting up the gen 7 analyses, but doing that near the end of a generation creates inconsistencies in the dex.

So where does that leave us?

This Pokemon has 3 checks and it's time to move on. This sat in the queue for quite awhile and there was no objection then towards it getting an analysis. I also specifically held off on doing the 3rd check for this Pokemon so that another QC member could reject if they wanted and maybe provide a new perspective. I did this because it is my personal dex philosophy that it should lean towards being more inclusive (I'm still willing to reject sets as I did with the last Arc set we were pushing), yet nobody posted a rejection.

I agree with shrang that is honestly not the best set right here imo, I mean I've heard it can put in work but its very match up specific and besides to me Arceus-Dark is best used as a Stallbreaker with CM/Jug/Reco/Refr.

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but a few days ago I remember snagging UltimaJCs RMT which featured a CMArce-Dark/MGar/PDon/CBHo/Latias/CSDitto and its honestly one of the most successful ORAS Ubers teams I've ever, its very flexible and can work well against all playstyles.

But eh w/e's just my 2 pointless cents I guess but in any case imo this is seriously wasting Arceus-Dark's potential, many have that clamed that CM Arceus forms have fallen in effectiveness but in my eyes they will always be fantastic.

KIND OF BUT NOT ENTIRLY LATE EDIT: Nayrz I don't understand why you think the CM set is just as viable as a basically worse Mega Gengar

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see a problem with giving a set or Pokemon an analysis that is niche, or isn't commonly used, or is primarily for counter styling, so long as it isn't a gimmick (something that I find highly matchup reliant when it comes to its success)
From my understanding, that's exactly what counterstyling is, or at least it's highly matchup reliant. Like seriously, what does this set do when your opponent doesn't have the Pokemon mentioned that are easily trappable? This set is highly matchup reliant, and by your definition, a gimmick.

As for the "scout your opponent before using this set" in any serious match you're going to scout your opponent before using any set, from RP Primal Groudon to TR Cresselia, so idk how this is a problem. If anything that should just be removed from the analysis because it's implied for every set in existence.
The difference is that RP Groudon is splashable on your HO teams even in the presence of TR Cresselia. If you know 100% that your opponent is bringing it, you wouldn't use that team, but in general RP Groudon is a great set because it works well against a majority of teams AND it does things other than what it's supposed to do (eg check GeoXern). In essence, it has a more favourable matchup against a wide variety of teams. This Darkceus set has a favourable matchup against a lot less teams, and when it doesn't, it is absolutely useless. When I say I don't doubt its viability, I mean that I don't doubt that its ability to do what the set says it does (ie trap Pokemon). What I do doubt is its ability to do anything else of significance when you don't have that favourable matchup.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Conterstyling doesn't require the use of niche mons. It doesn't necessarily leave yourself to being matchup volatile either.

The second paragraph isn't related to the point I made in the quoted text at all so I'm confused.

Fact here is that this set sat in the queue for a long time with no objections and then this analysis sat unrejected for over a week, yet you decide to wait until immediately after the 3rd check was given to voice a concern. Can you understand how irritating this is, especially when the whole reason I waited as long as I did was for someone to provide an argument to the contrary. It's done the set was passed, if you want to push for being more strict towards what we pass for the next gen this should be continued in the discussion thread.

Implemented what MS said and made my sentence structure and what not sound less awkward and more professional. Hopefully I did a good enough job with that and will be better at this in the future. I think this is ready for GP checks but if anyone has something to say about this just tag me and tell me to change it before GP comes around.

amcheck
add
remove
(comments)
AC = add comma
RC = remove comma
[SET]
name: Perish Trap
move 1: Perish Song
move 2: Whirlpool
move 3: Judgment

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
<Add line break>
Perish Song is a great move that limits your opponent foe to only 3 turns of life. Coupled this with Whirlpool, and the opponent is unable to switch out, (RC) and is forced to faint in 3 turns. Judgment is your Dark Arceus's main attack, (RC) and, (AC) with it being STAB as well as giving neutral damage to most other typings, causes it (I'm unsure if you mean to refer to Judgment, but this "it" is referring to Dark Arceus right now. If you want it to refer to Judgment, consider rewriting as: "Judgment is Dark Arceus's main attack and, ..., is very useful to get off chip damage or even knock out an opponent at low HP.") to be very useful to get off chip damage, (RC) or even knock out an opponent at low HP. Dark is really a great type to have as for your Judgment, (AC) since it can hit a lot of common mons Pokemon super effectively, (AC) like Lugia, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus, etc. It Dark Arceus is probably the best Arceus forme for this type of set, since the Ghost-types (Add hyphen) that cannot be trapped are hit hard by the Dark-type (Add hyphen) Judgment. Additionally, Recover is used to help Dark Arceus survive for longer periods of time, helping to trap and kill KO more foes, (AC) and mons. It is used to stall out Pokemon while they're trapped, so you it loses as little HP as possible.

Set Details
========
<Insert line break>
The given Speed EVs help to outspeed max Speed base 110s mons like Mega Diancie, Latios, and Latias. The rest of the EVs are put into HP and Defense to help Dark Arceus survive for longer periods of time. (Seems unnecessary because it is explained in the next two sentences) 248 HP is used to maximize bulk and to also minimize entry hazard damage. The remaining EVs are poured into Defense, since most of the Pokemon that are pressuring you Dark Arceus will be physical attackers. Max Speed is another option that Dark Arceus can use so that you it will outspeed, (RC) or, (AC) at worst, (AC) Speed tie with Ghost Arceus, so that it is you are likely (Taking the worst case scenario of the Speed tie and losing it, Dark Arceus results in being KOed, presumably?) not killed KOed by a Brick Break or Focus Blast.

Usage Tips
========
<Insert line break>
Dark Arceus should be used against bulkier and fatter Pokemon that cannot do much damage to it, such as Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus, and Blissey, (AC) (More examples might clunk up this sentence, so I chose the first four, which I feel are probably the most common from the list anyway) so that you are it is able to stall them out successfully. Some of these Pokemon include; Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus along with other Arceus formes, Blissey, Chansey, Clefable, Slowbro, and many others. But while Dark Arceus wants to switch in and take out bulky Pokemon, some of them do too much damage to be able to trap and KO, such as Ho-Oh. Since Dark Arceus will usually only be in play for about 4 turns at a time, and most of those turns will be using Recover, Dark Arceus does not really care about being burned, (RC) but really fears getting toxiced Toxic poison, (AC) due to the great increase in damage taken every turn. Dark Arceus has a great typing, allowing it to switch in on very prominent threats in the Ubers metagame, (AC) such as; Giratina, Lugia, and Ghost Arceus, etc. Some set up setup mons Pokemon can be very scary and sometimes it might be worth it to get off a sacrificial Perish Song to threaten the Pokemon out. Be wary of Primal Groudon switch-ins switches in, (AC) as it is unaffected by Whirlpool and as such cannot be trapped and will get a free turn. It (I think "it" is Dark Arceus here. if it's Dark Arceus: "Dark Arceus also baits out Klefki very well, which means that balance teams can get broken down quite easily." would work.) also baits out Klefki very well, (AC) which means that balanced teams can get broken down quite easily by Dark Arceus, (AC) (Remove "by Dark Arceus" if "it" is Dark Arceus). (Replace period with comma) however, Klefki will usually be able to significantly damage you Dark Arceus in the process. While using this set, (AC) keep in mind that once you Dark Arceus traps a Pokemon with Whirlpool, you it does not have to stay in,. (Replace period with comma) as switching out can also be a good option after trapping a Pokemon, (AC) since you can switch to your check, and while the opponent's only option is to stay in.

Team Options
========
<Insert line break>
Primal Groudon is notorious for being able to pair well with almost any Pokemon, and Dark Arceus is no exception. Dark Arceus really appreciates the its ability to take on Xerneas, as well as having a switch-in to Klefki to avoid the paralysis/toxic Thunder Wave and Toxic as well as while limiting the amount layers of Spikes gotten it can set up. Some type of combination that could help deal with offense would be a great partner since you already have a stallbreaker, and offense really overwhelms Dark Arceus all on its own. Since Dark Arceus is a stallbreaker and is overwhelmed by offense, combinations of partners that can deal with offense are helpful. (Reworded because it felt awkward.) Giratina-Origin can switch in, (AC) and avoid the 2HKO from Primal Groudon, (AC) and will be able to help out a lot, (AC) since Whirlpool cannot hit it Primal Groudon through Intense Sun. Klefki is also a nice partner, as it is able to Thunder Wave and cripple opposing threats, as well as being able to set up Spikes. Not only that, but Klefki is also helpful to have for the ever common Fairies that give Dark Arceus so much trouble. Dialga is able to take on the very threatening Mega-Salamence (Remove hyphen) as well as being able to set up Stealth Rock. Although Dark Arceus is able to deal with Pokemon such as Deoxys-Attack and Mewtwo, it is a good idea to have a secondary answer to these Pokemon since their Speed allows them to come in and revenge kill Dark Arceus when it is not at full HP. Xerneas really appreciates this set, (AC) since it is heavily walled by Blissey and Klefki, 2 Pokemon that Dark Arceus deals with quite easily, and can really get to work after they are taken care of. After they are taken care of, Xerneas can really get to work.

Made an edit:
In the second sentence in Moves, "Coupled with Whirlpool..." I had the D in "Coupled" colored incorrectly. It should be added.

Sorry one more edit:
There needs to be a line break after the header for the Moves section.
In the last sentence in Set Details, "...so that you outspeed..." should be "...so that it will outspeed..."
And later in the same sentence, "...so that you are likely not..." should be "...so that it is likely not..."

Last edited:
amcheck
add
remove
(comments)
AC = add comma
RC = remove comma
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
<Add line break>
Perish Song is a great move that limits your opponent foe to only 3 turns of life. Coupled this with Whirlpool, and the opponent is unable to switch out, (RC) and is forced to faint in 3 turns. Judgment is your Dark Arceus's main attack, (RC) and, (AC) with it being STAB as well as giving neutral damage to most other typings, causes it (I'm unsure if you mean to refer to Judgment, but this "it" is referring to Dark Arceus right now. If you want it to refer to Judgment, consider rewriting as: "Judgment is Dark Arceus's main attack and, ..., is very useful to get off chip damage or even knock out an opponent at low HP.") to be very useful to get off chip damage, (RC) or even knock out an opponent at low HP. Dark is really a great type to have as for your Judgment, (AC) since it can hit a lot of common mons Pokemon super effectively, (AC) like Lugia, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus, etc. It Dark Arceus is probably the best Arceus forme for this type of set, since the Ghost-types (Add hyphen) that cannot be trapped are hit hard by the Dark-type (Add hyphen) Judgment. Additionally, Recover is used to help Dark Arceus survive for longer periods of time, helping to trap and kill KO more foes, (AC) and mons. It is used to stall out Pokemon while they're trapped, so you it loses as little HP as possible.

Set Details
========
<Insert line break>
The given Speed EVs help to outspeed max Speed base 110s mons like Mega Diancie, Latios, and Latias. The rest of the EVs are put into HP and Defense to help Dark Arceus survive for longer periods of time. (Seems unnecessary because it is explained in the next two sentences) 248 HP is used to maximize bulk and to also minimize entry hazard damage. The remaining EVs are poured into Defense, since most of the Pokemon that are pressuring you Dark Arceus will be physical attackers. Max Speed is another option that Dark Arceus can use so that you it will outspeed, (RC) or, (AC) at worst, (AC) Speed tie with Ghost Arceus, so that it is you are likely (Taking the worst case scenario of the Speed tie and losing it, Dark Arceus results in being KOed, presumably?) not killed KOed by a Brick Break or Focus Blast.

Usage Tips
========
<Insert line break>
Dark Arceus should be used against bulkier and fatter Pokemon that cannot do much damage to it, such as Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus, and Blissey, (AC) (More examples might clunk up this sentence, so I chose the first four, which I feel are probably the most common from the list anyway) so that you are it is able to stall them out successfully. Some of these Pokemon include; Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus along with other Arceus formes, Blissey, Chansey, Clefable, Slowbro, and many others. But while Dark Arceus wants to switch in and take out bulky Pokemon, some of them do too much damage to be able to trap and KO, such as Ho-Oh. Since Dark Arceus will usually only be in play for about 4 turns at a time, and most of those turns will be using Recover, Dark Arceus does not really care about being burned, (RC) but really fears getting toxiced Toxic poison, (AC) due to the great increase in damage taken every turn. Dark Arceus has a great typing, allowing it to switch in on very prominent threats in the Ubers metagame, (AC) such as; Giratina, Lugia, and Ghost Arceus, etc. Some set up setup mons Pokemon can be very scary and sometimes it might be worth it to get off a sacrificial Perish Song to threaten the Pokemon out. Be wary of Primal Groudon switch-ins switches in, (AC) as it is unaffected by Whirlpool and as such cannot be trapped and will get a free turn. It (I think "it" is Dark Arceus here. if it's Dark Arceus: "Dark Arceus also baits out Klefki very well, which means that balance teams can get broken down quite easily." would work.) also baits out Klefki very well, (AC) which means that balanced teams can get broken down quite easily by Dark Arceus, (AC) (Remove "by Dark Arceus" if "it" is Dark Arceus). (Replace period with comma) however, Klefki will usually be able to significantly damage you Dark Arceus in the process. While using this set, (AC) keep in mind that once you Dark Arceus traps a Pokemon with Whirlpool, you it does not have to stay in,. (Replace period with comma) as switching out can also be a good option after trapping a Pokemon, (AC) since you can switch to your check, and while the opponent's only option is to stay in.

Team Options
========
<Insert line break>
Primal Groudon is notorious for being able to pair well with almost any Pokemon, and Dark Arceus is no exception. Dark Arceus really appreciates the its ability to take on Xerneas, as well as having a switch-in to Klefki to avoid the paralysis/toxic Thunder Wave and Toxic as well as while limiting the amount layers of Spikes gotten it can set up. Some type of combination that could help deal with offense would be a great partner since you already have a stallbreaker, and offense really overwhelms Dark Arceus all on its own. Since Dark Arceus is a stallbreaker and is overwhelmed by offense, combinations of partners that can deal with offense are helpful. (Reworded because it felt awkward.) Giratina-Origin can switch in, (AC) and avoid the 2HKO from Primal Groudon, (AC) and will be able to help out a lot, (AC) since Whirlpool cannot hit it Primal Groudon through Intense Sun. Klefki is also a nice partner, as it is able to Thunder Wave and cripple opposing threats, as well as being able to set up Spikes. Not only that, but Klefki is also helpful to have for the ever common Fairies that give Dark Arceus so much trouble. Dialga is able to take on the very threatening Mega-Salamence (Remove hyphen) as well as being able to set up Stealth Rock. Although Dark Arceus is able to deal with Pokemon such as Deoxys-Attack and Mewtwo, it is a good idea to have a secondary answer to these Pokemon since their Speed allows them to come in and revenge kill Dark Arceus when it is not at full HP. Xerneas really appreciates this set, (AC) since it is heavily walled by Blissey and Klefki, 2 Pokemon that Dark Arceus deals with quite easily, and can really get to work after they are taken care of. After they are taken care of, Xerneas can really get to work.

Made an edit:
In the second sentence in Moves, "Coupled with Whirlpool..." I had the D in "Coupled" colored incorrectly. It should be added.

Sorry one more edit:
There needs to be a line break after the header for the Moves section.
In the last sentence in Set Details, "...so that you outspeed..." should be "...so that it will outspeed..."
And later in the same sentence, "...so that you are likely not..." should be "...so that it is likely not..."
Done.

glad we asked, but our quality control team doesn't approve things for the shits and gigs.

stop undermining qc opinion (on an analysis that is already approved, no less) or that icbb status will end up replaced with a different custom title. this is seemingly your last warning.

shrang

General Kenobi
Conterstyling doesn't require the use of niche mons. It doesn't necessarily leave yourself to being matchup volatile either.

The second paragraph isn't related to the point I made in the quoted text at all so I'm confused.

Fact here is that this set sat in the queue for a long time with no objections and then this analysis sat unrejected for over a week, yet you decide to wait until immediately after the 3rd check was given to voice a concern. Can you understand how irritating this is, especially when the whole reason I waited as long as I did was for someone to provide an argument to the contrary. It's done the set was passed, if you want to push for being more strict towards what we pass for the next gen this should be continued in the discussion thread.
While in the case of this set, I think it does.

Whatever, I've been really busy lately so I haven't been able to swing around C&C very much, so forgive me for not bringing this up earlier. Regardless, it's not a big deal and it doesn't matter THAT much if this goes up anyway. I'm just stating my opinion and up to you how you take it, as long as you give it a hearing, I guess. I guess we could push for tighter measures for what deserves to go on site later.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
amcheck
tagging The Dutch Plumberjack P Squared GatoDelFuego
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Perish Song is a great move that limits your foe to only 3 three turns of play life. (original implied that the Pokemon dies [end of life is death] but Pokemon are fainted / KOed) , which, coupled with Whirlpool, prevents the opponent is unable to from switching out and is forced forces them to faint in 3 three turns (reworded this, sounds better now). Judgment is Dark Arceus's main STAB attack and, with it being STAB as well as giving neutral damage to most other typings, (too clunky imo, "giving neutral damage to most other typings" is not really significant tbh but if you think it is , change it to "attack, which hits most Pokemon for neutral damage, is very useful to get off chip damage, and can even knock out.....") is very useful to get off chip damage or even knock out an opponent the foe at low HP. Dark is really a great type for Judgment, since it can also hits a lot of common Pokemon super effectively, like such as Lugia, Giratina-O, and Ghost Arceus, and it hits the Ghost-types that cannot be trapped by Whirlpool. Dark Arceus is probably the best Arceus forme for this type of set, since the Ghost-types that cannot be trapped are hit hard by the Dark-type Judgment. Additionally, (additionally means in addition/furthermore and is used when you are developing on a previous point--you have not mentioned recover prior to this) Recover is used to help Dark Arceus survive for longer periods of time, helping helps it to (parallelism issue here) trap and KO more foes, and is used to stall out Pokemon while they're trapped, so it loses as little HP as possible. (redundant)

Set Details
========

The given Speed EVs help to outspeed maximum Speed base 110s like Mega Diancie, Latios, and Latias. 248 HP EVs are is used (248 HP what? make sure you are specific here) to maximize Dark Arceus's (subjective/optional but for clarity) bulk and to also minimize entry hazard damage. The remaining EVs are poured into Defense, since most of the Pokemon that are pressuring Dark Arceus will be physical attackers. Maximum Speed is another option that Dark Arceus can use so that it will outspeed or, at worst, Speed tie with Ghost Arceus, so that it is likely not preventing it from being KOed by a Brick Break or Focus Blast most of the times. (subj/optional, "most of the times" replaces "likely" from the previous phrase, changed due to repetition of "so that it")

Usage Tips
========

Dark Arceus should be used against bulkier Pokemon that cannot do much damage to it, such as Ferrothorn, Klefki, Water Arceus along with other Arceus formes, and Blissey, so that it is able to stall them out successfully. But while Dark Arceus wants to switch in and take out bulky Pokemon, some of them do too much damage to be able to trap and KO, such as Ho-Oh However, some bulky Pokemon such as Ho-Oh can deal a lot of damage to Dark Arceus, preventing it from successfully trapping and KOing them. (reworded cuz [1] 'but while' is too informal, use however and [2] original was too clunky) Since Dark Arceus will usually only be in play for about 4 four turns at a time, and most of those turns will be it using Recover, Dark Arceus does not really care about being burned, but really fears Toxic poison, due to the great increase in damage taken every turn. Dark Arceus's has a great typing, means allowing it to should be switched in (reworded because original didn't really sound like it would belong in UT and moreso in Overview) on very prominent threats in the Ubers metagame, such as Giratina, Lugia, and Ghost Arceus. Some setup Pokemon (like?) can be very scary and sometimes it might be worth it to get off a sacrificial Perish Song to threaten the Pokemon out. Be wary of Primal Groudon when it switches in, as it is unaffected by Whirlpool and as such,(comma) cannot be trapped and will get a free turn. Dark Arceus also baits out Klefki very well, which means that balanced teams can get broken down quite easily by Dark Arceus;(period->semicolon) however, Klefki will usually be able to significantly damage Dark Arceus in the process. While When using this set, keep in mind that once Dark Arceus traps a Pokemon with Whirlpool, it does not have to stay in, as switching out can also be a good option after trapping a Pokemon, since you can switch to your a check, while the opponent's only option is to stay in.

Team Options
========

Primal Groudon is known notorious (notorious = famous in a bad way) for being able to pair well with almost any Pokemon, and Dark Arceus is no exception. Dark Arceus really appreciates its Primal Groudon's ability to take on Xerneas, as well as having a switch-in to Klefki to avoid the Thunder Wave and Toxic while limiting the layers of Spikes it can set up. Since Dark Arceus is a stallbreaker and is overwhelmed by offense, combinations of partners that can deal with offense are helpful. Giratina-O can switch in, avoid the 2HKO from Primal Groudon, and will be able to help out a lot, since Whirlpool cannot hit it through Intense Sun. Klefki is also a nice partner, as it is able to Thunder Wave paralyze and cripple opposing threats, as well as set up Spikes. Not only that, but Klefki is also helpful to have for the ever common Fairies that give Dark Arceus so much trouble. Dialga is able to take on the very threatening Mega Salamence as well as set up Stealth Rock. Although Dark Arceus is able to deal with Pokemon such as Deoxys-A and Mewtwo, it is a good idea to have a secondary answer to these Pokemon since their Speed allows them to come in and revenge kill Dark Arceus when it is not at full HP. Xerneas really appreciates this set, since it is heavily walled by Blissey and Klefki, 2 two Pokemon that Dark Arceus deals with quite easily, and it can really get to work after they are taken care of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun
amcheck
Perish Song is a great move that limits your foe to only 3 three turns of play life. (original implied that the Pokemon dies [end of life is death] but Pokemon are fainted / KOed) , which, coupled with Whirlpool, prevents the opponent is unable to from switching out and is forced forces them to faint in 3 three turns
Why would I say them when "foe" is singular ._.

Edit: Implemented all the changes sobi put in the amcheck.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Why would I say them when "foe" is singular ._.

Edit: Implemented all the changes sobi put in the amcheck.
when you talk about the foe or opponent, you are speaking about them generally, ie: you are not speaking about a specific event or a specific pokemon as the foe / specific person as the opponent, in which case you use him/her/it/whatever. you use "them" when you refer to general foes or opponents, i'm not too sure about the whole technical side about it, but you do use them because it's there in a whole bunch of analyses

0kay I just noticed why this hasn't been checked yet... you didnt put this in the gp queue. it doesn't get gp checks unless its in the queue.

next time follow the guideline pls, multiple reminders are not on my to-do list. i just posted it in there for ya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)